HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Re: FFXU gets more media attention as local residents call for scumbag fire chief Bowers to resign or at least retire.
Posted by: Female FF ()
Date: February 03, 2018 06:20AM

" The current fire department environment is such that a male Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Employee felt comfortable enough to purchase a penis shaped water bottle and use it in the station. "

Bowers did nothing about the dick water bottle. I heard he thought it was hilarious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FFXU gets more media attention as local residents call for scumbag fire chief Bowers to resign or at least retire.
Posted by: nigga what? ()
Date: February 03, 2018 07:06AM

It is kinda funny.

Was the dude drinking from the bottle or was he trying to get females to drink from it?

People need to understand that the culture of these organizations is unlike a 9-5 office environment. To deal with the shit these folks deal with on a daily basis requires super thick skin. I'm not saying it was totally right and appropriate, but we need more information to understand the context.

Posted by: sta13 ()
Date: February 03, 2018 08:12AM

Bowers is not evil, he is simply old and ineffective. 20 years ago he was the man but now he is nearly worthless. There is no shame in this, the old guy should have retired a few years ago. He has a great pension coming his way and he really needs to take it.
Kenny Rogers once said "You got to know when to hold em and know when to fold em. Time to fold em Chief Bowers, thank you for your public service. You deserve a nice house in a over 55 community with a view of the golf course. It is time!

Posted by: county employee ()
Date: February 03, 2018 09:02AM

sta13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bowers is not evil, he is simply old and
> ineffective. 20 years ago he was the man but now
> he is nearly worthless. There is no shame in this,
> the old guy should have retired a few years ago.
> He has a great pension coming his way and he
> really needs to take it.
> Kenny Rogers once said "You got to know when to
> hold em and know when to fold em. Time to fold em
> Chief Bowers, thank you for your public service.
> You deserve a nice house in a over 55 community
> with a view of the golf course. It is time!

We see this quite a bit in the county. He does not have to retire, just step down. He could drive a school bus or work at one of the county parks. Some of these older guys just need a good friend to tell them it's time to move aside.

Posted by: Fakts ()
Date: February 03, 2018 11:11AM

Actually he did do something about the bottle. There was an investigation and discipline handed down.

Maybe because no one was beheaded in public for it means you don’t think there was enough done about it.

But you’re not the Chief, are ya honey?

Posted by: $ ()
Date: February 03, 2018 01:02PM

He has certainly done well financially. I think he retired from Montgomery County as the fire chief making well into 6 figures. Then to come to Fairfax and make over 150K while collecting a full retirement from Montgomery county. That's sick money.

Posted by: Female fF ()
Date: February 22, 2018 01:45PM

Bowers is a sexist. Glad he is almost gone.

Posted by: xpepp ()
Date: February 22, 2018 02:28PM

TELEMNDO feminist troll is trolling the FCFD with lies

citizens have no idea what the boss did or didn't say and don't trust WTOP either

the statement "most citizens want him gone" IS A COMPLETE LIE, IT'S FAKE NEWS

if i had to bet (noting i don't bet), i would bet as a boss he told the employees what a boss usually tells employees

next i'll bet this all becomes a court fiasco wasting taxpayer money

FINALLY, i think the main reason for a shake-up is to get more hispanics and nigas work in fcpd when the shake-up of bump up occurs, if it occurs. possibly a campaign trolled by his successor, by democrats for non-whites, or anyone

what i can be %100 sure of is that the average citizen hasn't made one complaint about him and has zero idea if he, as a boss, did or did not instruct employees

Posted by: DL13 ()
Date: March 04, 2018 05:19AM

Female fF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bowers is a sexist. Glad he is almost gone.

Years ago Bowers was a good guy. He did not change with the times though and he should have been gone long before now. He really should have been fired though. That would have improved the morale of the female firefighters he victimized.

Posted by: F bowers ()
Date: March 18, 2018 05:58PM

The guy is dangerously senile in my opinion. He should have been fired year ago.

Posted by: hose holder ()
Date: April 26, 2018 05:08PM

The last day for scumbag chief Bowers is tomorrow. The guy should have been fired a long time ago. He is a low rent individual.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.