HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Two Fairfax Episcopal Churches start their own grassroots Church
Posted by: Lurker ()
Date: December 17, 2006 02:45PM

FAIRFAX, Va. - Two of the largest Episcopal parishes in Virginia voted overwhelmingly Sunday to break from The Episcopal Church and join fellow Anglican conservatives forming a rival U.S. denomination.

Truro Church in Fairfax and The Falls Church in Falls Church plan to place themselves under the leadership of Anglican Archbishop Peter Akinola of Nigeria, who has called the growing acceptance of gay relationships a "satanic attack" on the church.

The archbishop hopes to create a U.S. alliance of disaffected parishes called the Convocation of Anglicans in North America. Truro rector Martyn Minns was consecrated a bishop in the Church of Nigeria earlier this year to lead Akinola's American outreach.

more.. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061217/ap_on_re_us/episcopalians_split

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Two Fairfax Episcopal Churches start their own grassroots Church
Posted by: In The Know ()
Date: December 17, 2006 04:28PM

Lurker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Truro Church in Fairfax and The Falls Church in
> Falls Church plan to place themselves under the
> leadership of Anglican Archbishop Peter Akinola of
> Nigeria, who has called the growing acceptance of
> gay relationships a "satanic attack" on the
> church.
>
I hear his first duty will be to lecture the parish on how to use email for fun and profit...

Posted by: Matt (tarp) ()
Date: December 18, 2006 03:17AM

Good for them, but who really gives a shit? Religion is outdated anyway.

Posted by: Lawman ()
Date: December 18, 2006 09:30AM

Great. That's all we need in FFX, more religous grassroots freaks. Lord help us here comes 100 new "church ladies"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVDPmUeJzE0

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: December 18, 2006 11:58AM

Heh. Wait until they find out that all of their property belongs to the Episcopalian Church they are trying to split from. There was that AME Church in Maryland that tried the same thing and I think it was the Supreme Court that ruled the splinter church couldn't keep the property because the funds for it were raised under the name of the AME.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: December 19, 2006 08:24AM

They aren't trying to start a "grassroots" church... they are trying to change the authority over their parish from the head American bishop to the Nigerian one.

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: December 19, 2006 09:30AM

Just what I need more churches to tell me my gambling is wrong. Where were you when I picked the saints over the redskins?

Date: December 19, 2006 05:42PM

LOL. It only figures that a Skins team with nothing to lose would come out swinging. Personally I think this was Williams showing the franchise that he's still got talent despite the season's defense performance. Shutting down NO this year in their house gets him major points. Plus others are probably playing up for future contracts, highlight reels, etc.

Date: December 19, 2006 07:08PM

Campbell played a hell of a game as far as passing. He has a great arm and I think will take them places next year.

I forgot the saints already had a lock on the playoffs so less motivation was to be expected, still the skins played great. The saints were the same team that knocked the crap out of dallas a week ago.

I never bet the spread, just the over/under. Still came out a loser.

Date: December 19, 2006 09:00PM

The Saints still went in looking to clinch, which they ended up doing with the loss because the backed in with the Carolina loss. And no team wants to go into the playoff on a downslope. But yeah, Campbell has looked really good. I think switching him in when the season looked done was a great decision. He needs NFL starts to improve confidence and pocket work and it looks like it is working.

Posted by: hank ()
Date: December 20, 2006 01:44AM

Both of those churches existed before the denomination.George Washington built The Falls Church.Cool building,even if you don't take part of any organized faith it's pretty interesting from a historical view.With respect to the split,they are only following the Bible. God's word calls homosexuality sin and a gay bishop was unacceptable to them.If you are a homosexual and offended by truth,I'm sorry for you.Please know that God's love & forgiveness is available for all who repent and call upon the name of the Lord unto salvation(whether you are homosexual,an fornicator or just a everyday sinner in need of a savior).

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: December 20, 2006 01:48AM

Fuck the word of the bible and fuck you too, hank. God is going to defecate on your wife's dead body some day.

Date: December 20, 2006 09:08AM

Fornicator...! Oh hell yeah that's me! I try to fornicate as many times as possible.

Posted by: Hank ()
Date: December 20, 2006 11:21PM

Reston "peace" you have declared your own darkness and will bring judgment upon yourself for mocking holy God.May he direct great tribulation and suffering upon you to drawl you unto repentance.This will serve as your only notification that you have been publicly turned over to Satan.

Date: December 20, 2006 11:24PM

Hank, I just shot a big load all over your wife's face, while she was screaming "oh God, oh God".

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 21, 2006 04:27AM

Hank,
   dont bother responding to reston peace as i assure you it will only fuel the fire. well... either that or learn the darkside of html so you can crush your enemies! (see: html smackdown)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: December 21, 2006 09:08PM

Hey Hank,

God is dead and no one cares.

Happy kwaanza!

Date: December 21, 2006 09:27PM

Hank Wrote:
> Reston "peace" you have declared your own darkness
> and will bring judgment upon yourself for mocking
> holy God.May he direct great tribulation and
> suffering upon you to drawl you unto
> repentance.This will serve as your only
> notification that you have been publicly turned
> over to Satan.

LOL

Posted by: hank ()
Date: December 22, 2006 12:28AM

Many mocked the name of Holy God and paid with their LIVES.You should read about that in the BIBLE before challenging the Almighty with foolish words.

Date: December 22, 2006 12:36AM

A prayer of judgment on the mockers: Holy God, I ask that you rain down judgment and punishment upon these individuals that have Blasphemed your Word,your Holiness and attacked your messenger with filthy words of ignorance.Use fire,accident,illness & decease to rebuke the evil ones and drawl them unto repentance.I see the Homosexual demons at work here,and these poor souls need freedom from Satan.Cleanse their evil through Fire now to save them from the eternal fires of HELL.

Date: December 22, 2006 12:59AM

You still haven't licked my taint yet, Hank, as you said you would. God cannot save you from your fate, you are going to perform sexual acts on men.

Date: December 22, 2006 07:32AM

Attachments:
CrazyHank.jpg

Date: December 22, 2006 09:34AM

Hank Wrote:
> A prayer of judgment on the mockers: Holy God, I
> ask that you rain down judgment and punishment
> upon these individuals that have Blasphemed your
> Word,your Holiness and attacked your messenger
> with filthy words of ignorance.Use
> fire,accident,illness & decease to rebuke the evil
> ones and drawl them unto repentance.I see the
> Homosexual demons at work here,and these poor
> souls need freedom from Satan.Cleanse their evil
> through Fire now to save them from the eternal
> fires of HELL.

You forgot to sign your post 666

Date: December 22, 2006 08:24PM

May every mocker suffer your judgment Lord.

Posted by: LOL ()
Date: December 22, 2006 09:29PM

Hank you are gay, so you ought not throw the first stone. I don't like super fanatics like you, they make me not want to be religious.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: December 23, 2006 06:46PM

Just remember the words you read in the english Bible are most likey not what was actually said. A friend of mine wrote his Doctoral thesis at Harvard on semantics. As part of his thesis he traced back the phrases in the Bible and tried to match the words with orginal BC phrases.

Basically his thesis determined that the sentences in todays modern English Bible are not even close to the way they would of sounded in BC times and what the language was.(I think Byzantine).

Not mention the fact that the Bible has been re-interpreted and translated several times. Each time it was translated the new author modified and changed the stories a little to make them a little more sensational.

You have to read the Bible as kinda a "Heard It through the Grapevine" version of events, not factual accounts of events.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: December 23, 2006 06:55PM

Oh I guess the time should really read around BC/AD.

Date: December 23, 2006 08:27PM

Meeper, is that one of those chick comic tracts they used to hand out? http://www.chick.com/default.asp

Hank, I am serious when I ask is it ok to gamble? I have never found anyone who can point out why it is wrong but because it is considered so evil I have to drive four hours to Atlantic City to spend my own money. If it is in fact an evil why do churches have a bingo night? Is it only evil if someone other than the church does it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2006 08:29PM by Tim45.

Date: December 23, 2006 10:25PM

Tim45, I have no idea what comic that pic is from, but I don't think it's one of those chick things.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: December 23, 2006 11:19PM

hank Wrote:
With respect to the
> split,they are only following the Bible. God's
> word calls homosexuality sin and a gay bishop was
> unacceptable to them.

Er, Hank. That's only in the Old Testament, which is pretty barbaric. Jesus never said anything about Gays and the New Testament contradicts a lot of the Old Testament (case in point, an Eye for an Eye becoming Turning the Other Cheek). By your take, you shouldn't be eating pork or having sex with women too close to their period or you will be sinning. You are just as sinful as Gays if you snap into a Slim Jim.

I love how "Christians" yank things from the Old Testament that Jesus himself said to ignore when it is convenient. Jesus is watching, buddy.

Date: December 23, 2006 11:21PM

Hank Wrote:
> Reston "peace" you have declared your own darkness
> and will bring judgment upon yourself for mocking
> holy God.May he direct great tribulation and
> suffering upon you to drawl you unto
> repentance.This will serve as your only
> notification that you have been publicly turned
> over to Satan.

Gee, Hank. I believe the Bible points out that judging is God's job, not yours. You are one step closer to Hell with the other false Christians, buddy.

Date: December 23, 2006 11:23PM

Hank Wrote:
> A prayer of judgment on the mockers: Holy God, I
> ask that you rain down judgment and punishment
> upon these individuals that have Blasphemed your
> Word,your Holiness and attacked your messenger
> with filthy words of ignorance.Use
> fire,accident,illness & decease to rebuke the evil
> ones and drawl them unto repentance.I see the
> Homosexual demons at work here,and these poor
> souls need freedom from Satan.Cleanse their evil
> through Fire now to save them from the eternal
> fires of HELL.

Heh. Jesus was getting crucified and managed a "Forgive them for they Know not what they do." You need to work on your "What Would Jesus Do" a bit.

Date: December 23, 2006 11:26PM

Jester Wrote:
> Just remember the words you read in the english
> Bible are most likey not what was actually said.

Good point. I recommend people read "Misquoting Jesus." Did you know that the name "Jesus" is actually a typo? I'm not kidding. It was a botched translation of Yeshua.

Date: December 24, 2006 12:13AM

Jester Wrote:

> You have to read the Bible as kinda a "Heard It
> through the Grapevine" version of events, not
> factual accounts of events.

the Creedence Clearwater Revival audio bible is pretty good, fogerty rocks that shit out.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 24, 2006 02:36AM

Jester Wrote:
> Just remember the words you read in the english
> Bible are most likey not what was actually said.

> Not mention the fact that the Bible has been
> re-interpreted and translated several times.

> You have to read the Bible as kinda a "Heard It
> through the Grapevine" version of events, not
> factual accounts of events.

this is something i actually know about. to get to it, there is a translation called NASB that is a direct translation from the old texts that are in Aramaic and Hebrew. the NASB version does not interpret the text into modern understanding but leaves it in the understanding of time period. the interpretations in versions like NIV make things more understandable, especially out of context. additionally, the arabic nations style of communication hyperbolizes things. for example you can add "the mother of all" before something to say it's big/great. this is where they got the nickname for MOAB.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Durk Simmons ()
Date: December 24, 2006 02:50PM

Hank
Just to ask, what about all the souls BEFORE the bible was ever introduced? Or Aboriginal tribes? Do they all burn in Hell because they hadn't taken Jesus as their saviour?
And here's your very Christian (hypocritical) quote:

"A prayer of judgment on the mockers: Holy God, I ask that you rain down judgment and punishment upon these individuals that have Blasphemed your Word,your Holiness and attacked your messenger with filthy words of ignorance.Use fire,accident,illness & decease to rebuke the evil ones and drawl them unto repentance.I see the Homosexual demons at work here,and these poor souls need freedom from Satan.Cleanse their evil through Fire now to save them from the eternal fires of HELL."

You are praying to your almighty god to bring pain, suffering and death. How can someone repent after they're dead? Isn't that against one of your big rules, the "Thou shalt not Kill" one? Isn't your harboring that want of some kind of sin, wanting in your heart to see another of gods children suffering? Isn't it wrong, you wanting to personally see them hurting like they've hurt you? Doesn't that cause some kind of angst inside you, knowing your own clenched fists behind your computer are impotent against them? Don't you feel guilty as you kneel down and pray for their pain, guilty as you curse at the sinners all around you, while they are laughing at your mental strife.......LMGDAO,so pious.

Date: December 26, 2006 07:41AM

Tim, the scriptures are silent on gambling.One certainly should avoid wasting money,however is entertainment gambling any worse than $9.50 for a movie ? Personally I don't think so,although I choose to refrain myself.Just don't gamble more than you are willing to lose(and can afford).

washingtonlocian, the New testament also addresses homosexuality calling it sin,an abomination and condemns homosexuals to hell for all eternity.With respect to Judge not that ye be judged,many misinterpret that as one should not call sin sin.In the Greek it simple says we are not to condemn others.I don't condemn homosexuals,I call their lifestyle SIN and call on them to repent and be saved from eternity in Hell. I will list the verses on homosexuality in the new testament in a latter post.Salvation is available for all that repent.

Date: December 26, 2006 08:14AM

Hank Wrote:
"it simple says we are not to
> condemn others.I don't condemn homosexuals,I call
> their lifestyle SIN and call on them to repent and
> be saved from eternity in Hell. "

Sounds to me like you blindly follow.

Hank,
I recently bought the new Wilson Bridge as an investment. Unfortunately I've fallen on some bad times and I need to get rid of the bridge very quickly to pay off some football GAMBLING DEBTS. I'm willing to sell you the bridge for as little as $2000. (That's really a steal because I paid close to $20,000,000 two years ago and you can put toll booths to immediately get the $2000 back.) As you can imagine, since this is to pay off gambling debts I'd need you to keep this transaction a secret. Oh and since I need the money quickly I can only accept cash.

FYI Hank that was a joke.

Posted by: Enough already ()
Date: August 29, 2020 08:48PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.