HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Walmart is increasing their minimum wage to $11 an hour- BUT-
Posted by: capitalism FTW ()
Date: January 11, 2018 10:36AM

At the same time they are closing 60 sam's club stores, which will put at least 5,000 people out of a job.

They say the minimum wage increase is for the tax cuts- but at the same time are eliminating a lot of cashier positions and using the self-checkouts more instead.

I see this at fair lakes already- went yesterday around 5:30 to grab a last minute dinner item and some extra pens for work so I had 2 items in my hands- 10 self checkouts open but only 3 of them taking cash (and they didn't say so until you were done scanning all your stuff, no signs posted!), the rest credit-only with one attendant. Who didn't speak much english and kept making everyone restart their transaction instead of simply putting in the correct code. One poor woman couldn't scan her pork chops and the attendant refused to help her scan them "I will not touch pork sorry" and had to wait another 3-4 minutes for a manager to be paged and do it for them. No apology given to the customer just a brusque "it's their religion so I cannot punish them for this' as the woman was trying to get the guy fired for not doing his job.

Oh, and only ONE regular cashier line open- which was backed into the store with people with full carts of stuff too much to try to take through self checkout.

America FTW!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Walmart is increasing their minimum wage to $11 an hour- BUT-
Date: January 11, 2018 10:37AM

Source for the wage increase/layoffs- my roommate works for walmart and was just told an hour ago, she just came back from her mandatory store meeting on her day off, it just triggered this post, will be in the news shortly just google for it I assure you this is real!

Posted by: P3HMP ()
Date: January 11, 2018 11:03AM

Similar experience at Fair Lakes Walmart self check-out months ago, likely same less than helpful attendant. Tops of bags to put scanned items into all stuck together. This guy undone just one bag, though could see with number of items I had needed three or four bags.

I almost always don't go into the Walmart store if only need to buy a couple, few, or several items. Besides spending time going back and forth across the big store to get the items to buy off the shelves, the savings on such on a small purchase is not worth the aggravation. For such a small shopping trip its easier to go to a smaller store, even if have to pay a little more. I wait until have 20 or more items to buy before trekking into the huge Walmart store, and then use the staffed checkout.

Posted by: walmart sucks ()
Date: January 11, 2018 12:22PM

P3HMP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I almost always don't go into the Walmart store if
> only need to buy a couple, few, or several items.

I regret going to Walmart every time i decide to venture in there. The one in tysons is a zoo. stupidest parking setup i’ve ever scene.

Date: January 11, 2018 01:50PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.