HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
If immigration is so good for a country’s economy, why doesn’t Mexico, Salvador, etc try to stop their people from leaving?
Posted by: Tcff ()
Date: January 08, 2018 06:22PM

Instead of encouraging them to leave, getting angry when the US tries to keep them out, and refusing to take them back when they get deported?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: If immigration is so good for a country’s economy, why doesn’t Mexico, Salvador, etc try to stop their people from leaving?
Posted by: El Presidente ()
Date: January 08, 2018 06:37PM

90% of our GNP in El Salvador come from our countrymen wiring money back from USA.

Re: If immigration is so good for a country’s economy, why doesn’t Mexico, Salvador, etc try to stop their people from leaving?
Posted by: Lkda ()
Date: January 08, 2018 06:57PM

El Presidente Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 90% of our GNP in El Salvador come from our
> countrymen wiring money back from USA.

But how is it good for the US economy? That’s what Democrats and Chamber of Commerce Republicans (which is nearly all of them) say over and over again.

Posted by: President Trump FTW! ()
Date: January 08, 2018 07:06PM

The demeaning line I hear libtards say is it's because they do the jobs Americans won't. What elitist, cosmopolitan dumb shit heads.

Posted by: C36KW ()
Date: January 08, 2018 08:04PM

President Trump FTW! Wrote:
> The demeaning line I hear libtards say is it's
> because they do the jobs Americans won't. What
> elitist, cosmopolitan dumb shit heads.

Of course they won't, not for the slave wages that scum employers pay to illegal aliens who don't have to pay taxes on what they earn. Take away all that cheap labor and pay real wages, and you'd be amazed how quickly Americans will do those jobs.

Posted by: 4hkut ()
Date: January 09, 2018 12:20AM

liberal logic

and anti-liberal logic

Posted by: Pjbk6 ()
Date: January 09, 2018 12:34AM

You are being screwed by D's and R's. Quit fighting each other.

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: January 09, 2018 01:22AM

­

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 06:58AM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: E9TM6 ()
Date: January 09, 2018 01:30AM

chuckhoffmann Wrote:
> President Trump FTW! Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The demeaning line I hear libtards say is it's
> > because they do the jobs Americans won't. What
> > elitist, cosmopolitan dumb shit heads.
>
> Oh, Americans will do those jobs, just not for
> shit wages. You're not going to be able to hire
> someone at 8 bucks an hour to clean your office or
> make your burger or do any of your other
> shitwork.
>
> Some companies will automate the jobs away, but
> others will suck it up and pay people 10, 12 or 15
> dollars an hour. Of course, they'll pass the costs
> on to their customers, which I absolutely expect
> them to do.

And if it means an America free of illegals, I will more than happily pay. If the difference between an Illegal-free America and one full of MS-13 and drunk, uninsured, illiterate, Spanish-speakers clogging our hospitals and schools is an extra $1 for a hamburger or $5 per night at a hotel, who wouldn't pay more?

Posted by: fries with that ()
Date: January 09, 2018 02:37AM

I would be happy to work at McDonalds- if they paid more like $12 an hour for crew and $18 for managers, free employee meals (at least free cheeseburgers, nuggets, and fries if not the whole menu free), and guaranteed me 25 hours a week so I know I could pay my rent without worrying about my hours being cut every week, and offered decent health benefits (at least a step above catastrophic).

Cashier is not hard, it's just dealing with some people who can be difficult all day. Mostly everyone is nice, they want their food.

Grill is nicer you don't have to talk to people but you have to deal with cooking the food fast and accurate and do more cleaning (greasy fryers, grills, the bathroom), but its cool if you really don't want to talk to people and dont mind staying busy.

The only challenge really is the language barrier, but the kiosks solve that part so have cashiers that also don't mind cooking/cleaning sometimes, at least 10 people still have a job in the end.

Source: ex-shift manager in training who quit to accept a better paying job.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.