HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Let's be real
Posted by: Real issues with teachhers ()
Date: January 08, 2018 03:53PM

The real issue with teachers is how much you all complain. How much you beg for snow days, how much you whine about your low saleries. Of course it's annoying to us non teachers. You picked your career. You knew what you signed up for, you signed an acceptance letter. You work 9 months a year, can work it to where your paycheck is spread over 12 months. Your salary honestly isn't that low compared to others in this area who truly work 12 months. It just gets old hearing you all complain all the time. You have options to tutor, work summer school, coach sports, etc. So extra money is there, just like we non teachers, have to work overtime or get a second job to have extra income. We someone seem to accept it. We new what our job entailed when we accepted but you teachers seem to not grasp the position you accepted. So I for one, have zero, absolutely zero sympathy for teachers. Stop complaining, stop begging for snow days. The only bad part of your job is you can't go to the bathroom when you have to... That part would suck. Otherwise, your job is pretty easy. We all have rules and bosses to report to so don't tell me how stressful it is. That's just called a job.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's be real
Posted by: TK4WV ()
Date: January 08, 2018 04:01PM

You make some valid points - especially the one about choosing their profession. But lets not forget that they do a tough job. I, for one, have dealt with the worst kind of kids and parents, never was supported over a parent by my administration and have worked in the worst buildings. The pay issue is another thing you don't seem to understand.....the pay is for 7.5 hours a day of which I was expected to work past every day with after school assistance to kids, faculty meetings, parent meetings and my own need to grade and plan. The pay is also for a certain number of days - they do not include any paid holidays or any of the other "off" times you mention. As far as the summer vacation and getting a job then - to keep my certification I had to attend classes and seminars during those times AND pay for them out of my pocket. Besides having to supply lots of kids with the basics they don't seem to remember to bring with them to school. So let's lay off the teachers, give them some space and let them do their job. Because I seriously doubt you'd leave your job to home school!!!!

Posted by: No, not valid ()
Date: January 08, 2018 04:06PM

Completely not accurate as I have two family members who work for fcps and they are able to easily work summer jobs without interference of classes. They also were both able to get their masters degree and were given a large (LARGE) salary increase upon doing so. Truly, I don't have sympathy anything you can say to defend yourself (teachers) is not noteworthy. You all knew your job just as I knew mine when I accepted. Do I absolutely hate it at times, absolutely but it's what I agreed to do.

Posted by: jlsdfa ()
Date: January 08, 2018 04:15PM

Teachers in other developed countries are paid handsomely and are given as much reverence as doctors and lawyers. It's time we starting giving them that kind of respect, along with those kinds of expectations here.

Posted by: 3LJCP ()
Date: January 08, 2018 04:16PM

Looks like the real truth came out in your second post....you envy your relatives and wish you had gotten a decent education so that you could teach too!

Posted by: Completely ()
Date: January 08, 2018 04:29PM

No, I actually respect my family members who are teachers because they did understand the contract they signed. They don't whine about going to work or the pay because they actually read the employee acceptance letter. No disrespect given to teachers, just stop complaining. Just like I knew I get 4 weeks of vacation, 2 weeks of sick leave and a yearly increase in pay. It just isn't complicated. Read what you sign.

Posted by: Tuba ()
Date: January 08, 2018 04:38PM

TK4WV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You make some valid points - especially the one
> about choosing their profession. But lets not
> forget that they do a tough job. I, for one, have
> dealt with the worst kind of kids and parents,
> never was supported over a parent by my
> administration and have worked in the worst
> buildings. The pay issue is another thing you
> don't seem to understand.....the pay is for 7.5
> hours a day of which I was expected to work past
> every day with after school assistance to kids,
> faculty meetings, parent meetings and my own need
> to grade and plan. The pay is also for a certain
> number of days - they do not include any paid
> holidays or any of the other "off" times you
> mention. As far as the summer vacation and
> getting a job then - to keep my certification I
> had to attend classes and seminars during those
> times AND pay for them out of my pocket. Besides
> having to supply lots of kids with the basics they
> don't seem to remember to bring with them to
> school. So let's lay off the teachers, give them
> some space and let them do their job. Because I
> seriously doubt you'd leave your job to home
> school!!!!

They do allow for the time spent after school, planning, grading, etc. It's called half of June, July and August. That you are paid for (regardless if you take your pay over 9 months or 12 months).

Posted by: Again? ()
Date: January 08, 2018 05:03PM

It seems to me that I read more people complaining about teachers complaining than actual complaining coming from teachers. Take this thread for example. The OP brought it up. It's not a direct response to any complaining teacher. Then what typically happens is a teacher will chime in to correct statements by others and then that's seen as complaining.

It's a cycle.

Posted by: Yup again ()
Date: January 08, 2018 05:14PM

You are fucking delusional. All the weather Facebook accounts, fcps twitter accounts are full of teachers bitching about if school will be closed bc they live in fucking Culpeper but work in Reston and worry about getting home. All posting about doing there stupid snow dances thinking they sound all cute and funny but you just sound like a fucking annoying piece of shit.

Posted by: Okaaay. ()
Date: January 08, 2018 05:16PM

Yup again Wrote:
> You are fucking delusional. All the weather
> Facebook accounts, fcps twitter accounts are full
> of teachers bitching about if school will be
> closed bc they live in fucking Culpeper but work
> in Reston and worry about getting home. All
> posting about doing there stupid snow dances
> thinking they sound all cute and funny but you
> just sound like a fucking annoying piece of shit.

Which are you? The pot or the kettle?

Posted by: Being Real ()
Date: January 08, 2018 05:33PM

jlsdfa Wrote:
> Teachers in other developed countries are paid
> handsomely and are given as much reverence as
> doctors and lawyers. It's time we starting giving
> them that kind of respect, along with those kinds
> of expectations here.

They don't get pensions, nor do doctors or lawyers. When complaining about low pay, teachers never mention the benefits package. It all counts.

Posted by: Edward Teach 1 ()
Date: January 08, 2018 05:51PM

We'd better get at least a two hour delay tomorrow.

Posted by: urajackassss loser ()
Date: January 08, 2018 06:11PM

Why so you people think you know so much about a job you never have had its ridiculous just because you went to school does not mean you have an idea about a teachers job . So just go get a life

Posted by: RespectGoesByeBye ()
Date: January 08, 2018 07:11PM

Real issues with teachhers Wrote:

Before I get to your BS... do you think you might NEED a teacher since you think they are called "teachhers"???? Dumb ass...

Posted by: Good point ()
Date: January 08, 2018 07:16PM

urajackassss loser Wrote:
> Why so you people think you know so much about a
> job you never have had its ridiculous just because
> you went to school does not mean you have an idea
> about a teachers job . So just go get a life

These same people would argue that giving a blowjob is fun because it feels so good.

Posted by: TAXPAYER 1. ()
Date: January 08, 2018 07:25PM

Edward Teach 1 Wrote:
> We'd better get at least a two hour delay
> tomorrow.

POINT TAKEN, ANOTHER TEACHER ASKING FOR A DELAY.... I WORKED SO MANY MORE DAYS THIS YEAR THAN YOU DID.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.