HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
My clock radio switches from WTOP to rap music DAILY. HELP!
Posted by: you been rapped ()
Date: January 08, 2018 12:38PM

Every day my clock radio, if I have it on, switches from WTOP to nigga music once or twice a day.

Is WTOP not using the correct bandwidth, or changing frequency, or do I have a damaged clock radio? (there are two wtop but they both do that, one falling on nigga music the other on sports reports)

Many years ago the radio would get static and need adjusted listening to this or that station but not "leave the station into another".

I don't think it's the radio I think I think they are ? broadcasting wrong. Or perhaps the other (smaller) stations are broadcasting wrong.

----------------------------

I do know the FCC recently allowed a russian station to broadcast WITHOUT A WXXX CALLSIGN, and think this is probably Obama FCC that isn't doing any of their work (ie, no call sign, did they ever do a suprise inspection of russian broadcast gear?)

I wonder if they are doing their work and if radio stations aren't using some chinese crap gear that is interfering with my quite run-of-the-mill clock radio.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My clock radio switches from WTOP to rap music DAILY. HELP!
Posted by: radar oreilly ()
Date: January 08, 2018 03:01PM

You have a bad oscillator causing frequency drift. Throw it out and buy a new clock radio.

Posted by: Mr McFly ()
Date: January 08, 2018 03:11PM

It’s the flux capacitor.

Posted by: mtmw6 ()
Date: January 09, 2018 12:33AM

radar oreilly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You have a bad oscillator causing frequency drift.
> Throw it out and buy a new clock radio.

I do or they do?

i doubt the oscillator has "gone bad" since it's a crystal. there are locking circuits that would be more suspect. but let's not argue over diagrams

Posted by: dcjkt ()
Date: January 09, 2018 10:58AM

radar oreilly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You have a bad oscillator causing frequency drift.
> Throw it out and buy a new clock radio.

let me ask. are you asian and do you have stocks in importing clock radios in the DMV area?

i ask because it would behoove those (a person having a lot of clock radios arriving on CSX train car or by balto) to promote selling clock radios that are guaranteed to last a day past warrantee and fail, and not actually fix the problem. on way to promote it would be to pay WTOP or a nigga station have an obvious flaw then tell everyone "you need a new one"

Posted by: yeg6p ()
Date: January 09, 2018 11:04AM

the radio is a very run of the mill, made in usa, General Electric, clock radio

i'm still "testing it" because i'm unsure it happens with WMAL (i'm sure the signal for that goes up and down, static wise).

i'm only sure it happens with WTOP and seems to happen at certain times of day (switching to clear loud black music) rather than after certain hours of operation. this is why i have a suspicion it's not on my side. the other suspicion is that the black music/talk station is very close to WTOP (despite there being allot of free space on the dial)

there are two possibilities it is not on my side: #1 imporoperly broadcasted (ie, bandwidth too close together or too thin). #2 re-broadcast error (devices that relay radio broadcasting to carry radio from one area and overlap it on another)

Posted by: Helper.Man ()
Date: January 09, 2018 01:09PM

If you want a radio...BUY a radio.

Sangean or Grundig...everything else is garbage.

Posted by: video killed the radio... ()
Date: January 09, 2018 07:48PM

It's all the high rise buildings going up in Tyson's. They are blocking your normal station and allowing a further away station, in a differing direction, with a higher power transmitter to be picked up by your radio.

Posted by: Communication systems ()
Date: January 09, 2018 08:46PM

Negroference can be caused by several factors.
Do you have a pot of chitlins near you radio?
Any chickenbones or watermelon rinds between your radio and the intended station?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.