HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Off-Duty FFX Police Officer Arrested - DUI
Posted by: Lurker ()
Date: December 13, 2006 10:58AM

Off-Duty Fairfax County Police Officer Arrested

A four-year member of the Fairfax County Police Department was arrested early Tuesday, December 12. At approximately 5:40 a.m., officers responded to a crash near the intersection of South Van Dorn Street and Oakwood Road in the Alexandria area.

Investigation determined that a 2006 GMC H3 Hummer was traveling southbound on South Van Dorn Street when it rear-ended a 1993 Chevrolet delivery truck at Oakwood Drive. The driver of the truck, a 30-year-old Woodbridge man, and the driver of the Hummer were not injured. The driver of the Hummer was identified as 32-year-old Walter R. Fasci who is assigned to the patrol bureau of the Fairfax County Police Department. Fasci was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated and refusal to take the breath test.

Fasci was placed on administrative leave pending an internal investigation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Off-Duty FFX Police Officer Arrested - DUI
Posted by: Jester ()
Date: December 13, 2006 11:26AM

Interesting to note that he refused to take the breath test.

Posted by: 356 ()
Date: December 13, 2006 01:09PM

bwwaaaaaaahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

Posted by: Lawman ()
Date: December 13, 2006 02:17PM

That cop must be a real f'up if another cop on the same force charged him with DWI. Either that or he really clobbed the delivery truck.

Cops know if they charge another cop with DWI the cops career is over. At most another will cop give an off duty officer a lecture. Some will even the drive them home. This guy refused the breath test so no license for 6 months. He's finished in police work.

I guess if there is an accident with a commercial vehicle the guy driving the delivery truck had to press charges against the cop for insurance reasons. The delivery guy must of really been pushing the officers on the seen to get the off duty cop cited for DWI.

It would be interesting to know:

1) The cops actual BAC level.
2) If the cop attended a Christmas party for the station the night before.
3) How many tickets FFX police have written the delivery truck guy.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 13, 2006 02:24PM

got a link to this article?

anyway, they need terminate him. why is there the need for an internal investigation?! fire his stupid ass.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: December 13, 2006 02:45PM

Date: December 13, 2006 04:02PM

out of curiosity, i used the arrest/ticket search and Fasci didnt turn up any results pertaining to this person. i also did the case information search on multiple counties without any hits. does anyone know why?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: December 13, 2006 04:26PM

I can't find anything in the news about it either. Seems to me that this would be covered by more than an FCPD press release.

Posted by: § ()
Date: December 13, 2006 04:34PM

It was in this morning's Post. -§

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: December 13, 2006 06:22PM

Dollars to donuts he would have never been arrested even if pulled over had he not wrecked.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: December 13, 2006 10:30PM

Mofo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dollars to donuts he would have never been
> arrested even if pulled over had he not wrecked.

The "brothers" might even have let him go if he wrecked into a tree or ran into a ditch or sumthing. But not hitting an occupied vehicle....occupied by a civilian (and maybe police-hating) witness.

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: December 13, 2006 11:11PM

Of course I wasnt there but doesnt the guy at least deserve his day in court? I hate to see anyone lose a job for something that happened to him when not at work. Maybe the cops should be held to a higher standard but losing a job over a DUI seems pretty harsh.

If he is convicted he should be treated like any other person found guilty. If a school teacher, a plumber or a bank president don't lose their job over a DUI why should a cop? I know of people on a first offense who keep their jobs even though it involves driving. They can only drive to and from work and on work related activity. If suspended or fired due to a conviction he will lose money in addition to whatever punishment he gets in court. Whatever your occupation ask yourself if you had a DUI would you also be punished at work or even fired.

Date: December 14, 2006 12:15AM

duh and Mofo,
   i agree completely.

Tim45 Wrote:
> Of course I wasnt there but doesnt the guy at
> least deserve his day in court?

sure but like all other DUI cases, this should be a slamdunk conviction.

--

> If he is convicted he should be treated like any
> other person found guilty. If a school teacher, a
> plumber or a bank president don't lose their job
> over a DUI why should a cop?

anyone who has a job involving carrying a firearm should be terminated for any drug/alcohol related charge. why should i trust the security of society to someone who cant be trusted to not drive drunk? his credibility is shot, he cant be trusted.

--

> I know of people on a
> first offense who keep their jobs even though it
> involves driving. They can only drive to and from
> work and on work related activity.

i think they should be fired for a DUI/DWI conviction if their job involves any driving.

--

> If suspended or
> fired due to a conviction he will lose money in
> addition to whatever punishment he gets in court.

perhaps he should have thought about that before he got in the car.

--

> Whatever your occupation ask yourself if you had a
> DUI would you also be punished at work or even
> fired.

breaking the law on or off the job in a way that significantly lowers your credibility in a related field to your job should result in termination. terminate a programmer for writing a virus, a journalist for putting out fliers with libel, a trucker/delivery man for DUI, a teacher for molesting a child, anyone in security/law enforcement for breaking the law. cops fit in that last category.

Date: December 14, 2006 01:28AM

I see your points and I wasnt trying to defend drinking and driving. I just think it is kind of harsh to lose a job over.

As far as a slam dunk I am not so sure. I have heard it is tough to get a conviction on a car wreck because the officer usually doesnt see it and the offender is out of the car when they arrive. The driver can say sure I was stumbling around I hit my head in the crash and he can always say I had a few drinks outside the car while waiting for you to arrive. He didnt take a breath test so there is no actual BAC just what the officer observed. Remember the offender does not have to say anything at trial.

I have also heard that due to the americans with disabilities act you cannot fire a person for a drug or drinking problem they get the option to seek help.

Date: December 14, 2006 03:40AM

Tim45 Wrote:
> I see your points and I wasnt trying to defend
> drinking and driving. I just think it is kind of
> harsh to lose a job over.

i file this in the ODF category.

> He didnt take a
> breath test so there is no actual BAC just what
> the officer observed.

yeah... im sure they didnt take him downtown and check his BAC. if refusing the test would get you off the hook, dont you think everyone would refuse it?

Date: December 14, 2006 08:54AM

The burden of proof always falls on the officer, all you are doing by taking tests is providing evidence against yourself that a cop can use in court.

A FFX county police officer refused to take the test... that should tell you something!

Lets face it, we really don't know if he was technically drunk, right? Why because there is no BAC level reading.

Date: December 14, 2006 10:44AM

I never said refusing to take a test would get you off the hook, I said he didnt take the test therefore there is no BAC reading. The case would have to be made on what was observed. The cops will not hold you down and make you take a test. If he refused then he refused. It is just another charge on top of the DUI thing. This is no special treatment that cops can refuse and others can not, it applies to everyone.

I still think the fact an accident occurred will help him rather than just being stopped in traffic. If you got in a crash and could claim to have hit your head then of course your balance and speech could be effected.

Date: December 14, 2006 12:01PM

But cops are so good at "smelling alcohol on the breath." If that was enough to convict me of drunk in public, it should be the same for this guy's DUI. And also, if a concealed carry permit holder is convicted of DUI or drunk in public, he loses his permit. This guy would not be an effective police officer if he couldn't carry his gun, so he should certainly be fired.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2006 12:06PM by mad max, JD.

Posted by: park1 ()
Date: December 14, 2006 02:10PM

mad max wrote:
"But cops are so good at "smelling alcohol on the breath." If that was enough to convict me of drunk in public"

yeah i'm sure the only reason you were arrested (convicted) of drunk in public is that you had alcohol on your breath. tell the truth for once...you were being a cocky little prick, who thinks the world revolves around him and everything that you do is golden. why? because his mommy told him so. i bet your parents bought you a car. i also beleive they gave you a trophy for learning to tie your shoes.
stop sucking on your mother's tit, and own up to the reason y you were arrested....

Date: December 14, 2006 02:16PM

I've been legitimately drunk in public many times, this was not one of them. Whatever you think you know about me is way off. I don't have to justify myself to you, simply sharing an anecdotal experience.

Posted by: fd ()
Date: December 14, 2006 02:19PM

Police don't have conceal carry permits, therefore him carrying a gun is not an issue.

Posted by: ... ()
Date: December 14, 2006 02:21PM

Gravis Wrote:
> out of curiosity, i used the arrest/ticket search
> and Fasci didnt turn up any results pertaining to
> this person. i also did the case information
> search on multiple counties without any hits.
> does anyone know why?

The accident MAY have happened in the City of Alexandria, which has it's own police force. I don't know for sure since maps.google.com doesn't often show city/county boundaries for whatever reason.

Date: December 14, 2006 02:24PM

mad max jd wrote:
"I've been legitimately drunk in public many times"

thats sometime to be proud of....
i feel sorry for you mother...

Date: December 14, 2006 02:24PM

But police do carry firearms, which was my point. If it is enough to disqualify a civilian from carrying, it should have the same effect on the police. I know, they don't usually carry concealed, however their badge entitles them to do so while on or off duty in the Commonwealth and many if not all other states.

Date: December 14, 2006 02:27PM

park1 Wrote:
> mad max jd wrote:
> "I've been legitimately drunk in public many
> times"
>
> thats sometime to be proud of....
> i feel sorry for you mother...

Why?

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 14, 2006 02:38PM

mad max, JD Wrote:
> park1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > mad max jd wrote:
> > "I've been legitimately drunk in public many
> > times"
> >
> > thats sometime to be proud of....
> > i feel sorry for you mother...
>
>
> Why?

Cuz she is such a huge mel Gibson fan she had to name you after one of his characters

Date: December 14, 2006 03:11PM

... Wrote:
> The accident MAY have happened in the City of
> Alexandria, which has it's own police force. I
> don't know for sure since maps.google.com doesn't
> often show city/county boundaries for whatever
> reason.

yeah... i thought that too, which is why i checked the Alexandria "traffic" and "criminal" case listing on the site i posted a link to. here is a more direct link to the case info lookup: http://208.210.219.132/vadistrict/select.jsp

Date: December 14, 2006 03:15PM

oh... btw, the cop was charged with DWI, not DUI.

ahh... it seems it wasnt filed yet. here are the charges.

Case Number:GT06256128-00 File Date:12/13/06 Complainant:GIBSON, J B Locality:COMMONWEALTH OF VA 
Defendant: FASCI, WALTER R Defense Attorney:  
City/State Address: ALEXANDRIA VA 22303
Sex:Male Race:White Caucasian (Non-Hispanic)  DOB: 02/12/**** 
Charge:DWI, 1ST Code Section:A.18.2-266 Case Type:Misdemeanor Class: 1
Amended Charge: Amended Code Section: Amended Case Type:  
Offense Date: 12/12/06 Arrest Date: 12/12/06 
Hearings
NumberDateTimeResultHearing TypeCourtroomPleaMinContinuance Code
01 02/28/07 0930AM  Adjudicatory   000  
02  0000 M     000  
03  0000 M     000  
Final Disposition in District Court: Fines/Costs Paid:  
Sentence Time: Sentence Suspension Time: Operator License Suspension Time:
Fine:$.00  Cost:$.00 
Operator License Restriction Codes: Restriction Start Date: Restriction End Date: 
VASAP:   
Case Number:T06256133-00 File Date:12/13/06 Complainant:GIBSON, J B Locality:COMMONWEALTH OF VA 
Defendant: FASCI, WALTER R Defense Attorney:  
City/State Address: ALEXANDRIA VA 22303
Sex:Male Race:White Caucasian (Non-Hispanic)  DOB: 02/12/**** 
Charge:REFUSED BLOOD/BREATH TEST Code Section:18.2-268.3 Case Type:Misdemeanor Class: 
Amended Charge: Amended Code Section: Amended Case Type:  
Offense Date: 12/12/06 Arrest Date: 12/12/06 
Hearings
NumberDateTimeResultHearing TypeCourtroomPleaMinContinuance Code
01 02/28/07 0930AM  Adjudicatory   000  
02  0000 M     000  
03  0000 M     000  
Final Disposition in District Court: Fines/Costs Paid:  
Sentence Time: Sentence Suspension Time: Operator License Suspension Time:
Fine:$.00  Cost:$.00 
Operator License Restriction Codes: Restriction Start Date: Restriction End Date: 
VASAP:   

so... who's going to the trial? xD

edit: DOH! i posted the same charge twice. now it's fixed.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2006 11:07PM by Gravis.

Posted by: my my my ()
Date: December 14, 2006 03:33PM

i might make an apperance that day

Date: December 14, 2006 07:25PM

Drunk in public is not the same as DUI. To be charged with drunk in public you can also just appear to be drunk, with DUI you have to be under the influence to effect your ability to drive. You dont get a BAC test for drunk in public but you have to be offered one for DUI.
From what I see on the arrest results a drunk in public usually costs someone around $25-50 bucks and a DUI starts around $1,000 not including costs and license suspension.
Again I am not jumping in to defend the cop but I think to lose your job over this is beyond what should happen in punishment. It kind of smacks of a marijuana cigarette being in the same ballpark as a cocaine smuggler. It is just piling on.

Posted by: knowthelaws ()
Date: December 14, 2006 07:31PM

It doesn't matter if he took a PBT FST's or anything else. Virginia is an applied consent state. Believe me the police have something.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-268.2

Date: December 14, 2006 07:46PM

I think without a BAC the case would be harder to prove. For all I know the off duty cop was stumbling around drunk off his ass so it would make the case much easier.
On the other hand I have been in court and seen guys get a pass on DUI because they were involved in an accident and told the judge they hit their head and didnt know what was going on. In other cases the drivers were out of the car and the arresting officer could not account for the drivers actions prior to their arrival.

Posted by: laws ()
Date: December 14, 2006 07:48PM

§ 18.2-268.2. Implied consent to post-arrest testing to determine drug or alcohol content of blood.

A. Any person, whether licensed by Virginia or not, who operates a motor vehicle upon a highway, as defined in § 46.2-100, in the Commonwealth shall be deemed thereby, as a condition of such operation, to have consented to have samples of his blood, breath, or both blood and breath taken for a chemical test to determine the alcohol, drug, or both alcohol and drug content of his blood, if he is arrested for violation of § 18.2-266, 18.2-266.1, or subsection B of § 18.2-272 or of a similar ordinance within three hours of the alleged offense.

B. Any person so arrested for a violation of clause (i) or (ii) of § 18.2-266 or both, § 18.2-266.1 or subsection B of § 18.2-272 or of a similar ordinance shall submit to a breath test. If the breath test is unavailable or the person is physically unable to submit to the breath test, a blood test shall be given. The accused shall, prior to administration of the test, be advised by the person administering the test that he has the right to observe the process of analysis and to see the blood-alcohol reading on the equipment used to perform the breath test. If the equipment automatically produces a written printout of the breath test result, the printout, or a copy, shall be given to the accused.

C. A person, after having been arrested for a violation of clause (iii), (iv), or (v) of § 18.2-266 or § 18.2-266.1 or subsection B of § 18.2-272 or of a similar ordinance, may be required to submit to a blood test to determine the drug or both drug and alcohol content of his blood. When a person, after having been arrested for a violation of § 18.2-266 (i) or (ii) or both, submits to a breath test in accordance with subsection B or refuses to take or is incapable of taking such a breath test, he may be required to submit to tests to determine the drug or both drug and alcohol content of his blood if the law-enforcement officer has reasonable cause to believe the person was driving under the influence of any drug or combination of drugs, or the combined influence of alcohol and drugs.

(1992, c. 830; 1993, c. 746; 1994, cc. 359, 363; 1995, c. 23; 2002, c. 748; 2004, c. 1013; 2005, cc. 616, 757, 840.)

Date: December 14, 2006 07:50PM

Yes, but the charge for refusing a test is not a DWI charge.

Posted by: laws ()
Date: December 14, 2006 07:56PM

A refusal is an automatic loss of license. An when you refuse and they get your blood anyway it is a DWI or could be if your BAC is high enough.

Posted by: fd ()
Date: December 14, 2006 09:05PM

when you refuse they do not get your blood. Blood is only drawn when a breath test can't be taken. For example a medical condition.

Date: December 14, 2006 09:38PM

I read the charge as "refusal to take breath test" I don't see a DWI charge?

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-268.3

The summary(I think...), if this is his first refusal it's a one year suspension. If the person has 2 prior DWI convictions in the last 10 years and he refuses then it's a 3 year suspension.

Date: December 14, 2006 10:46PM

School bus drivers will get canned if they get a DUI.

I don't see why cops should be any different.

Date: December 14, 2006 11:08PM

Lurker Wrote:
> I read the charge as "refusal to take breath test"
> I don't see a DWI charge?

big oops on my part. i corrected it so it shows both charges.

Date: December 14, 2006 11:09PM

Isn't being found guilty and paying a fine or loss of license enough? Sure being a cop he should know better but if he is making $50,000 a year then losing his job would be a huge penalty in addition to whatever happens in court.
At least let him get his day in court and see what happens. The way I understand it he can be found not guilty and still be punished by the police department. How many other jobs carry that burden?

Date: December 14, 2006 11:30PM

Because not guilty is not the same as innocent.

Posted by: ECON202 ()
Date: December 14, 2006 11:42PM

Tim45 Wrote:
> Isn't being found guilty and paying a fine or loss
> of license enough? Sure being a cop he should know
> better but if he is making $50,000 a year then
> losing his job would be a huge penalty in addition
> to whatever happens in court.
> At least let him get his day in court and see what
> happens. The way I understand it he can be found
> not guilty and still be punished by the police
> department. How many other jobs carry that burden?

No, fuck that shit...... he shouldn't have his job.

Date: December 15, 2006 12:12AM

Tim45 Wrote:
> Isn't being found guilty and paying a fine or loss
> of license enough?

no because his credibility is gone. why should i trust my life and society to a person who gets drunk and smashes into another car? if it had been a small car and not a delivery truck, he could have easily killed someone with the H3 he was driving.

--

> At least let him get his day in court and see what
> happens.

you mean like all the unarmed people the cops kill?  :P

--

Tim, you seem to be out of touch with the reality of the legal system. it's guilty until proven innocent unless you have one hell of a lawyer. i also question why you are defending a drunk driver. these things dont "just happen," the person who did it is responsible for their actions... unless you are a cop in which case you can shoot or beat whoever you want whenever you want. if you sympathize with him because you have been busted for drinking and driving, you can stfu because you are no better than his criminal ass.

Date: December 15, 2006 12:24AM

I guess in the court of gravis you are guilty until proven innocent esp if you are a cop. There are over a thousand cops in fairfax and you propose that each one gets in a beating every day.

I am still at a loss as to why you don't join the police department and show them how it is done. It must be an easy job, just start each day beating a few citizens then if things are really dull shoot a few on weekends.
Gravis you seem to have a hard on for the cops. I am serious when I ask why you don't join and turn things around for them. The new age of policing by gravis.

The reality is people make stupid mistakes and I have made my share. Being a cop doesnt make them any less human or not prone to mistakes.

Date: December 15, 2006 12:39AM

Tim45 Wrote:
> I guess in the court of gravis you are guilty
> until proven innocent esp if you are a cop.

you have it backwards.

> The reality is people make stupid mistakes and I
> have made my share. Being a cop doesnt make them
> any less human or not prone to mistakes.

this was a CHOICE. nobody forced him behind the wheel, drinking and driving is 100% preventable.

Date: December 15, 2006 01:10AM

My point is people make mistakes and it looks like he did too. Because he is a cop I won't pile on the punishment due to his choice of occupation.

I also won't demand revenge just because I got a few tickets in the past and now I want to see a cop get his. For all you know he might be a pretty good cop with a good record prior to this problem. If found guilty he should take his punishment like everyone else, no more or no less.

Date: December 15, 2006 01:14AM

Police officers are given tremendous amounts of power and when they run afoul of the very laws they are entrusted to enforce, they deserve much more severe penalties than ordinary folks.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: December 15, 2006 01:23AM

I personally think he should lose his job, but I think any ordinary person who had a job that depended on them driving would lose their job for DWI even off the job, and I would think any non-elected public official that is expected to exemplify the law would get fired for a misdemeanor, especially one that put another citizen at risk.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: December 15, 2006 07:52AM

As with the Aaron Brown murder, at least the officer should be removed from citizen-facing duties.

When you become a police officer it is part of the job to exemplify model behavior. That's why the news makes distinctions like "an off-duty police officer was shot last night" as opposed to "a man was shot last night." It is why off-duty police officers can carry firearms in places other citizens cannot. Some may say it isn't fair that there is an expectation of off-hour good behavior but I doubt there is an officer alive who doesn't recognize this expectation before taking the job.

Do you want a tax evader doing your taxes? Do you want the surgeon who removed the wrong leg from someone last month doing YOUR surgery? Would you man a firehouse with arsonists? Why would you keep criminals on a police force?

Date: December 15, 2006 08:07AM

I want a SUCCESSFUL tax evader doing my taxes.

And ALL firemen are arsonists to some degree, they just found a constructive outlet for their fetish. Firemen start more fires than anyone... ever hear of a control fire?

Date: December 15, 2006 08:30AM

I am sure he realizes he screwed up. I am obviously in the minority on giving the guy a chance to fix himself. Probably comes from me personally f-ing up in the past and someone gave me a second chance.

I also remember the times, also in the past, where I drank too much and drove home from a bar. Could have easily been me. If the guy was a bad cop to begin with then he probably should be fired but if he had a good record and made one stupid mistake I dont think it would hurt to give him a chance. He will most certainly, if he keeps his job, be under a microscope for years to come.

Date: December 15, 2006 09:52AM

Tim you make a valid point, however, this guys job is to enforce DWI standards. He knew a DWI might mean his job more than anybody else so why did he do it? Did he think that he could just say he was a cop if he got pulled over?

I still question if he would of been let go had there not been an accident.

I do feel for a person who drinks once in a blue moon, makes a poor decision due to a clouded mind, drives and then gets slammed with a DWI. It's possible that is case with this guy. It says "1st offense." Personally I would rather see the people in bars downing shot after shot, causing fights and falling out of their chairs get nailed.

I still want to see pictures of the vehicles. Was this a fender bender or a car that was completed wrecked?

I've seen some people that can drink all day and function with no problems. I went to party in NC once and I watched some partiers drink for about 18 hours straight and they never slurred a word or walked funny, it appeared to be normal "redneck farm boy" activity for them. If you asked them a question they were the Star of Who Want's to be a Millionaire. The girl I took however, a "non drinker" could barely remember her name or stand up and she only drank three drinks.

Using a breath test or blood test to be the deciding factor as to if a person is "drunk" is ridiculous!

The cop can keep his job if FFX police can cut us some slack on speeding tickets, parking tickets and other charges!

Date: December 15, 2006 01:04PM

Tim45 Wrote:

> I also remember the times, also in the past, where
> I drank too much and drove home from a bar. Could
> have easily been me.

well, now your credibility is shot too. like the cop, you are just another stupid criminal, so shut the fuck up.

Date: December 15, 2006 01:10PM

oh good lord, I think he knows he's a tool for drunk driving in the past, but give it a rest. SO fucking many people do it around here.

Date: December 15, 2006 01:49PM

Gravis,
1) Are you old enough to drink?
2) Have you ever been invited to a party or gone to a bar where paople were drinking?
3) How much alcohol do you drink in a month?
4) Do you own a car of your own?

BE HONEST!

Posted by: CO ()
Date: December 15, 2006 01:50PM

I agree with Tim45 here.Humans make mistake (and I do not mean criminal mistakes like vehicular homicide,murder, rape). Nothing new about that. But losing a career over a mistake is no doubt extremely harsh.

DWI/Reckless are all traffic offences and that is how they should be treated. Unfortunately the great state of VA puts up a misdemeanor on the background at the drop of a hat and many a times job offers are turned down as a result of that.This, in my eyes is a "crime" committed by the justice system everyday. Its simply ridiculous.

A traffic offence should in no way impact the career of an individual. Just my opinion.

Date: December 15, 2006 02:20PM

Unfortunately DUI/DWI is a criminal offense ^^^^^^^^....... If it was considered a trafficable offense then no one would care. unfortunately the rules are strict, and if I can't get away with it, then the cop shouldn't. and he shouldn't be able to enforce this law anymore.

Date: December 15, 2006 02:27PM

Gravis, how is the weather up in heaven where you daily sit in judgement of all people. You are without a doubt the biggest horses ass on this board.

You call people out for mistakes but you dont tell us what you have done to make this such a great world. You ignored my question as to why you don't become a cop to show them how it is done.

I never said the cop was ok to drink and drive. He made a mistake and it is not up to me to pass judgement on him. My opinion is that unless he has a history of being a screwup then give him a second chance.

Date: December 15, 2006 02:47PM

Lurker Wrote:
> Gravis,
> 1) Are you old enough to drink?
> 2) Have you ever been invited to a party or gone
> to a bar where paople were drinking?
> 3) How much alcohol do you drink in a month?
> 4) Do you own a car of your own?
>
> BE HONEST!

these are the truth.

1) yes
2) yes
3) none
4) yes

fyi: i have never drove drunk.

Tim45 Wrote:
> Gravis, how is the weather up in heaven where you
> daily sit in judgement of all people.

mid 70s

--

> You are without a doubt the biggest horses ass
> on this board.

HORSIES!

--

> You call people out for mistakes but you dont tell
> us what you have done to make this such a great
> world.

i am a generous person. i help people with computers without any expectations of something in return, i give money to anyone who needs it and i tip very well.

--

> You ignored my question as to why you don't
> become a cop to show them how it is done.

yes, i did.

--

> I never said the cop was ok to drink and drive. He
> made a mistake and it is not up to me to pass
> judgement on him.

that's because you are just as much a criminal as him.

--

> My opinion is that unless he has
> a history of being a screwup then give him a
> second chance.

i am positive that this is far from the first time he has drove around drunk.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 15, 2006 02:50PM

gravis wrote>
> i am a generous person. i help people with
> computers without any expectations of something in
> return, i give money to anyone who needs it and i
> tip very well.
>

ok then, give me all your money Mr generous!

Date: December 15, 2006 03:19PM

Gravis doesn't drink alcohol. THIS EXPLAINS A LOT!

Date: December 15, 2006 03:26PM

it's cause gravis got beat up by a cop the one and only time he ever went to a party

Date: December 15, 2006 03:37PM

ferfux Wrote:
> gravis wrote>
> > i am a generous person. i help people with
> > computers without any expectations of something
> in
> > return, i give money to anyone who needs it and
> i
> > tip very well.
> >
>
> ok then, give me all your money Mr generous!

if you truly need the money, you would not have internet access.

--

ECON202 Wrote:
> it's cause gravis got beat up by a cop the one and
> only time he ever went to a party

no, it's "cause" i dont feel like giving someone money so that i may slowly destroy my liver. i also dont feel like giving someone money to kill me slowly from smoking either.

Date: December 15, 2006 11:03PM

Gravis Wrote:
> i am positive that this is far from the first time
> he has drove around drunk.

Like the cop says when he catches you doing something illegal:

"I know this isn't the first time you've done this, because otherwise you'd have to be the unluckiest son of a bitch alive in order to be caught doing it the first time".

I guess this guy is either the unluckiest sun of a bitch ever, or he's done it before.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: December 16, 2006 12:51AM

Damn too much bitching here. While drunk driving is dangerous and can hurt/kill driver and others so does cell phone driving and driving tired and on certain medications etc. I'd wager that ever person here could be convicted of a misdemeanor at one point or another in their life. Ever opened someone else's mail? How about taken a prescription that wasn't yours or let a friend take it? Tax returns?? Pirated software/music/movies? Bought alcohol/cigarettes for a underage friend? Bought more than one bottle of hard alcohol into the state of VA without paying excise say from DC or MD? Note to probable smartass reply, I am aware that the aforementioned crimes are infractions (sometimes civil), misdemeanors, and felonies. We all fuck up.

However the main point here is this guy is supposed to enforce this very same law and has probably arrested people for DWI/DUI for less. In Fairfax of all places that is swimming in money and has some of the best benefits/equipment for police anywhere and is a very hard department to get into. I don't think he should lose his job, maybe just get a desk assignment for a long time or demotion or both. Funny note, fairfax police and sheriffs forbid any tobbacco use on or off duty so if he had one cigarette in his mouth then he would probably be axed but probably not lots of intoxicating goodness.

Date: December 16, 2006 08:00AM

I think he should just get suspended with pay for a year or so.

Posted by: FormerFairfaxer ()
Date: December 16, 2006 12:02PM

Years ago, 2 cops moved into my parents neighborhood in Maryland. Actually, it was 2 cops and their wives bought a house together - kind of weird... One of the cops was arrested for doing something like 90 miles an hour while drunk on Rt 95 near Baltimore this was when the speed limit was still 55 mph. It was a big deal in the papers and everything. When he got to court, miracousely all the evidence was lost and he was found not guilty due to lack of proof. Why dont they start a program like that in VA?

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: December 16, 2006 12:06PM

The fact that a fourth year cop was driving a Hummer should be an indicator of how bad his judgement was to begin with. His whole paycheck was probably paying for the thing. Now he is screwed. What a dumbass.

Date: December 16, 2006 12:15PM

MoFo made the only point I was trying to make. I would have to plead guilty to most of the things he pointed out.

Date: December 16, 2006 02:06PM

the only thing on that list im possibly guilty of is software/music... but i dont and might never have done, ispirate software anymore. they are both civil disobediences, not crimes, that i possibly chose to do, meaning, it doesnt "just happen."

Date: December 16, 2006 08:10PM

FormerFairfaxer Wrote:
> When he got to court, miracousely
> all the evidence was lost and he was found not
> guilty due to lack of proof. Why dont they start a
> program like that in VA?

A similar program is currently in place for officers killing civilians while on duty... in those cases the internal investigators wait a couple of months and then say there isn't cause to release them from the force. Neither Aaron Brown's killer nor Salvatore Culosi's murderer were even charged because the internal investigations, run by their peers, did not conclude that they should be brought to trial so evidence may be presented. In Brown's case a detailed report was released which sounded reasonable in its arguments but left other items out, such as why a police officer should be allowed to jump in front of a moving vehicle and use that as justification for lethal self defense.

Prosecutors are happy to bring college students to trial on zero evidence and the word of a hooker, but are not happy to bring murderers to trial if they came from their own family.

Date: December 16, 2006 10:21PM

pgens,
   well said.

Posted by: urfingmom ()
Date: December 16, 2006 10:58PM

pgens... u should read the report on the ihop incident before you talk shit...

Date: December 16, 2006 11:01PM

You should post the report then. Everyone always says "read the report" and then they never post it.

Date: December 16, 2006 11:02PM

And, since "the report" was written by the police, it will only stand to further pgens' belief that the Alex. cops are shoot-first scumbags.

Date: December 16, 2006 11:27PM

isnt it like $10 and a trip to the PD or something just to get a copy of the police report? it's like posting all the police reports on the interwebnet (they probably actually call it that) is taboo.

Posted by: PARK1 ()
Date: December 17, 2006 04:34AM

Yeah that Alexandria shooting was sad. Maybe next time the officer will kill the drive instead of the backseat dope head.
If only they paid their bill.....

Date: December 17, 2006 11:13AM

I did read the report. How else would I know enough to post what was left out? If you believe the report answered the info gap I noted then please site the page and paragraph where an answer was given.

Here's the link to the report:

http://ci.alexandria.va.us/cattorney/stowe.pdf

Further comments about this should be posted to the proper thread here:

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?2,12364,page=5

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2006 11:13AM by pgens.

Posted by: BigBuBBa ()
Date: December 17, 2006 09:43PM

Not only was this guy arrested by his own department but now his fellow co-workers are putting spineless posts on this site like the info from court docket. Its good to know that you are all perfect and spineless. Good to know that there is such a brotherhood at his station.

Date: December 17, 2006 10:04PM

BigBuBBa Wrote:
> Good to know that there
> is such a brotherhood at his station.

under technical and practical definition, they are a gang.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2006 10:17PM by Gravis.

Date: December 18, 2006 08:52AM

I don't blame other officers for being a little pissed at the guy. He used bad judgement and caused an accident. He has hurt the credibility of the FFX police force in general.

If I was a plumber for say, First Plumbing, and I saw a news story about a plumber for First Plumbing found guilty of poisoning water supplies I be pissed also.

On topic of driving after having one to many, I think just about everybody I know has at one time or another done that and everything turned out fine. Of course, my friends also aren't moron drivers like many around here! I would venture to guess that at least 65% of drivers between 10pm and 1:00am have had something to drink.

I don't think the cop should lose his job over the first offense. I would give him a desk job for a while. The alcohol probably wasn't the reason for the crash, the cop was probably driving to close or the delivery truck made an abrupt stop. I've had people in front of me just jam on their brakes for no apparent reason. The report doesn't say the cop was at fault only that he refused the breath test and was charged with DWI.

Date: December 18, 2006 02:00PM

Jester Wrote:
> I would venture to
> guess that at least 65% of drivers between 10pm
> and 1:00am have had something to drink.

ORLY?

from http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/reports/reports2006/120406fairoakscheckpoint.htm

on Friday, December 1 from 11 p.m. until 2 a.m. Saturday [...] [a]pproximately 875 motorists were stopped in the northbound lanes of Sully Road at Frying Pan Road. One person was charged with driving while intoxicated

Date: December 18, 2006 05:58PM

Gravis so what? 875 were stopped, one was charged with DWI. That doesn't tell me how many had been drinking?

Date: December 18, 2006 06:42PM

Jester Wrote:
> Gravis so what? 875 were stopped, one was
> charged with DWI. That doesn't tell me how many
> had been drinking?

Jester
I would venture to guess that at least 65% of drivers between 10pm and 1:00am have had something to drink.

what are you, retarded?

Date: December 19, 2006 02:31PM

Gravis some times you are just clueless!

Posted by: ? ()
Date: December 24, 2006 02:35AM

.0011428 % drive drunk at any given time

not 65% hate fucking MADD stats

Fuck MADD

Posted by: Jailbird ()
Date: December 24, 2006 10:21PM

Not sure where you get the facts from...

Posted by: joeblow ()
Date: December 31, 2006 09:55AM

Give the man his day in court!

Date: December 31, 2006 05:22PM

When is his court date?

Date: December 31, 2006 05:26PM

I found the date - 02/28/07 0930AM Adjudicatory

Posted by: wanksta33 ()
Date: January 02, 2007 06:51PM

You are all stupid. i hope a cop shoots you and your mother and brother ...dont ever call the police when ur mommy and sister gets raped cuz remember you basically said "cops suck"

Date: January 03, 2007 12:16AM

wanksta33 Wrote:
> You are all stupid. i hope a cop shoots you and
> your mother and brother ...dont ever call the
> police when ur mommy and sister gets raped cuz
> remember you basically said "cops suck"

I hope a cop shoots you, your mother and father, and your wife and children, and all your first cousins.

Hey this is kinda fun, who goes next?

Posted by: Hank ()
Date: January 03, 2007 01:00AM

Smart Kid!!!! Lay off guys...the guy has some personal problems that need to be resolved... There should be other things you guys should waste your time discussing. He is a war vet! Nobody was killed or hurt in this accident....Lesson learned. Forgive and forget...If there is an asshole with a gun running around carjacking your mother....trust me....you want this guy on your side...sober or drunk.... You guys don't know him so shut the fuck up!

Date: January 03, 2007 01:04AM

Hank, I don't think you get the rules of the game. You are supposed to wish that some list of people close to him will be shot by the police.

Date: January 03, 2007 07:37AM

Hank,
   now, what if the cop drove his huge ass H2 into a small car instead of a large delivery truck? dont you think someone would surely be dead? what if he hit your car and someone you loved died? by your standards, he would have the chance to drive drunk so long as he didnt kill anyone, regardless of who or what he hit. there is no shortage of cops, so why in the hell would anyone let a criminal be a cop? standards are never lower for law enforcement, they are always higher. that being said, shut the fuck up.

Date: January 03, 2007 08:51AM

Gravis Wrote:
> by your standards, he
> would have the chance to drive drunk so long as he
> didnt kill anyone

I'm ok with that. Let people drive drunk if we are assured they will do no damage.

Maybe we should certify drunk drivers to certain levels of alcohol. A cop would pull a person over, do a breath test and then check the person CBAL-Certified Blood Alcohol Level.

I can just see it now. "I pulled him over and tested him, he was at .14 but he's certified all the way up to .25. So he was good to go."

As for the guy who wants to shoot everybodies relatives... He's got some personal problems??? Ya think? LOL

Posted by: MRFFX ()
Date: January 03, 2007 10:34AM

wanksta33 Wrote:
> You are all stupid. i hope a cop shoots you and
> your mother and brother ...dont ever call the
> police when ur mommy and sister gets raped cuz
> remember you basically said "cops suck"

I won’t say cops sucks, because I have met some that were cool, but for the most part FFX has a lot of bad seeds. Maybe it’s just the size of the department and the amount of people.

Me and my friends where playing with some water guns in a parking lot. I guess some motorist called in a “shoot out” (probably the DUI patrol) Once the cops came, they took our super soakers, I’ll admit one of them “could” have looked real from a distance. But hell it’s not like were fucking robbing a bank, were soaking wet in a parking lot. So the cops comes up to me, shows me the water gun, and says if I was around while you were holding this I would have put a bullet in your head. This happen when I was about 17, not only was that statement un called for, we were video taping the entire thing. I told him we could PROVE that we weren’t shooting up cars (as the motorist who called in said)... Didn't matter, they took everything including my camera. :( That’s just one, I could go on and on and on and on about FFX county police ethics.

Stopping 800+ cars to find 1 DUI
Busting 17 year old kids for squirt guns

Yet we have

Over 3,000 MS-13 Gang Members fucking everything up in NoVa.

Date: January 03, 2007 11:19PM

MRFFX wrote:
So the cops comes up to me, shows me the water gun, and says if I was around while you were holding this I would have put a bullet in your head. This happen when I was about 17, not only was that statement un called for, we were video taping the entire thing. I told him we could PROVE that we weren’t shooting up cars (as the motorist who called in said)... Didn't matter, they took everything including my camera. :( That’s just one, I could go on and on and on and on about FFX county police

I doubt that ever happened
Two questions:
1: Why were you video taping a water gun fight?
2: Why would the po po take your video camera?

Date: January 04, 2007 12:13PM

#1 is irrelevant... no one needs a reason.

#2 is because the tape may contain video evidence of a crime being committed.

Posted by: MRFFX ()
Date: January 04, 2007 04:17PM

1. It did happen, but because there was no crime, i didn't get charged with anything.

2. They took it for evidence + the water guns LOL Though i doubt they every looked at it. We were 17 and playing around with a video camera. What does the typcial teenager shoot with a video camera. Stupid shit. lol

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.