HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Winter Festival__Come Celebrate Victory of Light Over Darkness at Provident District Neighborhood
Posted by: walden3twinfx ()
Date: January 03, 2018 12:30PM

See you at WINTER FESTIVAL - A COMMUNITY CELEBRATION

Northern Virginia Ethical Society

Invite a friend

Simply forward to a friend and have them join the Meetup.
Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 11:00 AM

Green Hedges School

415 Windover Avenue NW
Vienna, VA

https://www.meetup.com/Northern-Virginia-Ethical-Society/
Attachments:
ETHICAL CULTURE NOVA  01.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Winter Festival__Come Celebrate Victory of Light Over Darkness at Provident District Neighborhood
Date: January 04, 2018 08:19AM

01/04/2018

O, wind, if winter comes, can spring be far behind?

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Re: Winter Festival__Come Celebrate Victory of Light Over Darkness at Provident District Neighborhood
Posted by: Rupert Pupkin ()
Date: January 04, 2018 08:34AM

This looks overtly racist and I cannot be associated with anything like this. Sounds hateful.

Date: January 04, 2018 09:46AM

01/04/2018

Wisdom: Racism springs from ignorance.
Mario Balotelli

Discussion: Winter Festival--Festival of Light over Darkness
is the opposite of ignorance, with respect for wisdom based on knowledge

Café Twin

Posted by: CJVNH ()
Date: January 04, 2018 09:56AM

Light over darkness, can do that at church or religious services each week. Don't need a pagan festival to do that.

Posted by: Wellness report ()
Date: January 04, 2018 10:32AM

But paganism is more sensible and easier to deal with than Christianity. Look on conversion as just another step in a 12-step process.

Posted by: nigga what? ()
Date: January 04, 2018 02:06PM

Lightness over darkness.

So white is better than black. Very clear to me what we're doing here.

Posted by: too late ()
Date: January 04, 2018 06:28PM

We already celebrated Trump's triumph over the evil darkness of the Hildebeast!

Date: January 05, 2018 03:57PM

"Light over Darkness" is celebrated by both the Hindus of India called "Dewali Festival" and also by most Hebrew and Christian Sects today. There are different names for each such celebration depending on the historical and cultural adaptations at various places.

But the "Light over Darkness", was a key theme of the ancient Persians, who practiced a religion, today called "Zoroastrianism", whose central religious belief prophesied a celebration of "Good over Evil".

This idea was actually adopted by the Hebrews during their 500 years of relatively peaceful existence under the Persian Empire, from about 520 BC, when Cyrus The Great (600 BC-530 BC) entered Babylon and allowed Hebrews to return to Jerusalem and start rebuilding their "2nd Temple".

By the time of Jesus, and the Crucifixon Event around 32 AD, Jesus entered the 2nd Temple, to make his political statement, when he overturned the "money changers" tables in from this same 2nd Temple.

So, the religious idea of "Good Over Evil" as celebrated today by Hebrews and Christians, in many places, is really adopted from Ancient Persia.

Makes sense ?
Attachments:
ZOROASTRIAN FRIENDS OF EARTH 00201.jpg

Posted by: vnpdb ()
Date: January 05, 2018 04:08PM

home.png

wow - another reason for bar hoppers to find a beer. what a coincidence the winter solstice comes with beer instead of a sky observation club who's too busy to drink !! total coincidence i assume.

Posted by: xfd3k ()
Date: January 05, 2018 04:10PM

image.jpg

welcome to your 3rd DUI and the prince of darkness !!

Date: January 05, 2018 09:11PM

01/05/2018

What is Wisdom ?
(Going Deeper in Battle of Light & Darkness)

"Prince of Darkness" according to Ancient Persians

"The national religion of the Persians was Zoroastrianism, which had a very different cultural and geographical background from the dominant religions of Palestine and Mesopotamia. It introduced such concepts as monotheism, a God of pure goodness (Ahura Mazda, meaning “wise lord”), a supreme “destructive spirit” named Ahriman that opposed God, hierarchies of good and evil angels (the latter called daevas), and the idea of an eschatological battle with a final judgment and resurrection in paradise (itself a Persian word). "

Quoted from following website that has excellent summary of Judeo-Christian "Satan" (Devil) concept adopted from the ancient Persians

https://isthatinthebible.wordpress.com
Attachments:
PERSIAN AHIRMAN --book-notes-perse.jpg

Posted by: Hoovyendy ()
Date: October 12, 2020 07:37PM

Ohhh man, i just like it so much how people interpret everything so ... agresive, and in the worst way possible. However it is true, the way this festival is called, doesn't really seem like a nice thing. However i do not consider a racist one just like some others were saying. Yeah, i understand that the title doesn't really sound nice, but that is not a reason, to show so much hate towards it. But ok, neither i wouldn't attend such a festival. In general, i am not a fan of festivals, the only festival i ever visited, was back in the UK. I don't remember it's thematic. However, this event company in Surrey which organized it, made a really great job. The lights, the sounds everything was more than fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2020 12:09PM by Hoovyendy.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.