HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Steampunk Virginia FX Team 1865 (Mosaic Merifield Fairfax Urban Neighborhood)
Posted by: walden3twinfx ()
Date: December 31, 2017 07:37PM

12/31/2017

Inspired by the FRC Team 1577 (at Israel) who has developed
an electric wheenchair kit that can convert a regular wheelchair
to an electric wheelchair, SP Virginia Fx Team 1865
is created at Fairfax, VA .

Philosophy: Encourage "inclusiveness" possible to enable wheel chair bound persons with limited means, to participate and be more inclusive with a electric wheelchair, adopted from a regular wheelchair as is possible with this innovation, first demonstrated by our inspiration Team 1577, located in Israel.

For Team 1865 Lab/Studio location, Mosaic Merrifield Urban Hub 1st Choice location tentative, for convenience, and more.

REF:
Electric Wheelchair Kit FRC Team 1577

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUUqksXlocs

at LinkedIn.com/cafetwin
(For Community Advisory or Virginia Fx Team 1865 support group)
Attachments:
Electric WChair Kit SP Team VAFX1845 01.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Steampunk Virginia FX Team 1865 (Mosaic Merifield Fairfax Urban Neighborhood)
Date: January 01, 2018 02:58PM

01/01/2017

Ok, I have learned more. There is a NY Organization that actually started this project, funded by Google Inc Foundation.

The name of this non-profit is as follows
:
Center for Discovery
The Center for Discovery is developing an open-source power add on to quickly convert any manual wheelchair into a power chair.

Apparently Center for Discovery of a number of other "creative type projects", and this is their newest initiative. 2 of their key leaders appear to be based in Brooklyn, NY, and New York City.

The Team 1577 apparently have a "license" from Center for Discovery in New York, and started their "team" and actually selling kits to do-it-yourself for $500, going global via facebook, and internet.

Wow ! Power to Team 1577 at Israel ! Real "doers", and good for our Virginia FX Team 1865, also, as we can likely get a license from this non-profit, Discovery Center, and don't have to talk to people directly at Israel !

So, few steps forward already since last few days.

Hope I can get this support group going here for our Virginia Fx Team 1865 soon ?

Will meet at Café Amouri at Vienna, VA hopefull in a couple weeks for a meetup event.

Avi Dey
Café Twin
Attachments:
Electric WChair Kit SP Team VAFX1845 03.jpg

Re: Steampunk Virginia FX Team 1865 (Mosaic Merifield Fairfax Urban Neighborhood)
Posted by: Disinterested person ()
Date: January 01, 2018 03:30PM

OP, is this a joke? You must be super super gay.

Date: January 01, 2018 04:05PM

This is not a joke. This has nothing to do with "Gay" or "non-Gay" to doing community service/community outreach that helps people who are disabled.

Google Foundation have given $20 million dollar grant in 2016 to enable this protype project that is designed to help disabled, often poor or very poor, including many VETS, Elderly, and kids.

Google is a great company, and they take their "community service' very seriously, same as Bill & Melinda Gates foundation.

Café Twin

Date: January 01, 2018 04:14PM

What is "Community Wealth" Building ?

Possible Answer:
Community wealth building circle at slideshare.net

https://www.slideshare.net/icptwin45/community-wealth-building-circle-at-slidesharenet
Attachments:
Cafe Nov-dcmaradio intro02 Disabled Vets.jpg

Posted by: Disinterested person ()
Date: January 01, 2018 04:19PM

OP just made this even gayer. Keep it coming. Can't wait to see what crap you post next.

How about some gay stuff about owls and some dopey looking guy and maybe a clarinet and a violin?

Wait.... You already posted that gay stuff.

Date: January 01, 2018 04:44PM

A Response to "Disinterested" (So called who is appears to divide everything
in terms of his own mental fixation, and mental health problem of today's America.

Further, People who hide their identity and post ignorant and racial remarks
can be reported to prevent harm to our community.

It may be such persons as "Disinterested' have emerging mental illness that needs attention before some serious incidence occurs due to this rapidly emerging Mental Health issue here in Fairfax County and elsewhere in America.
Attachments:
Electric WChair Kit SP Team VAFX1845 04.jpg

Posted by: HillariousPosts ()
Date: January 01, 2018 04:52PM

These posts are great!

Please please keep them coming. This is just good comedy.

And yes, this gets gayer and gayer.

I am laughing my ass off!!

Posted by: "L" for loser ()
Date: January 01, 2018 05:44PM

HillariousPosts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> These posts are great!
>
> Please please keep them coming. This is just good
> comedy.
>
> And yes, this gets gayer and gayer.
>
> I am laughing my ass off!!

Wow. It would suck to be you.

Posted by: cvdjn ()
Date: January 01, 2018 05:56PM

This is apparently some attempt to find a way to press "GUILT TRIPS ON FFU" by using medical disability as a poison shield for their ULTERIOR motive.

Don't contribute to this post you'll only bump it.

The fact is part of fairfax democrat criminality BEGAN using the FLAG OF DISABILITY to fund way over-priced programs (including robotics), pressing the public that no ammount of spending was too little, and if they didn't agree: they hated disabled people.

It is NO DIFFERENT from the well known democrat agenda, the party line, where when anyone dis-agrees to agenda they find a way to throw a race card (before that, they commonly said "then you hate children", before that they said "you'd attack disabled people")

HOWEVER KEEP A CLEAR EYE ON THE MONEY

SHITLOADS OF DEMOCRATS IN FAIRFAX IN MC'MANSIONS - NONE OF WHICH HOUSE DISABLED

SHITLOADS OF ILLEGALS

THE COUNTRY'S LOWEST MINIMUM WAGE POSSIBLE

Posted by: 3uuh9 ()
Date: January 01, 2018 05:58PM

let me tell whatever "democrat team" is posting this mind rot campaign on ffu

THERE IS NO ONE STUPID ENOUGH ON FFU TO BELIEVE that any fairfax county gov program by dems is honestly run or that money isn't being mis-directed

so shut the fuck up

Posted by: 3vm6b ()
Date: January 01, 2018 06:00PM

we know obama is giving wheel chairs to illegal aliens

we see no article of dems abusing any republican disabled person (#1 they fear the reprisal, #2 they are too busy using insane ammounts of tax running disabled programs in fairfax - which are very profitable for certain political families)

dems fear reprisal because they have allot of prison time coming if their 'legitimacy' is every completely town down: becuase of THE MONEY and illegal use of illegals to pad the ballot boxes

Posted by: leybw ()
Date: January 01, 2018 06:02PM

i did hear at the federal level some handicap complained that during OBAMA wheelchairs were (removed) and they had to pay for new wheelchairs

however: the complaints were very thin and not ones that could be confirmed (infact, could well have been fake news created to increase funding of some 501c)

Posted by: FunnyPosts ()
Date: January 01, 2018 06:02PM

This thread is so gay and funny I love it!!

Keep it coming, retards.

Date: January 01, 2018 09:31PM

It seems, "kindness" and "empathy" for thousands of disabled vets, seniors, kids and others, is a matter of "laughter" and "political rivalry" to the few who have posted in this posting.

I am really saddened by these few posts today.

I guess having "fun" at the expense of those who are suffering is the reponse I got today in my sincere effort to create a community supported service project here.

Sorry folks, I don't belong and neither does this project among those who wants laughter at the expense of disabled among us.

Keep on laughing , go for it people !

Posted by: HillariousPosts ()
Date: January 01, 2018 09:37PM

The "use" of "quotes" in "your" last post made me laugh even harder than when I read your previous posts.

LOLOLOL

Posted by: I just found this ()
Date: January 02, 2018 05:54PM

I looked at this just now and you guys really need to take a look at what you have written.
The guy with all the different degrees of gay is
,if I may observe, the gayest of you all ,which given the nature of this crowd,is quite an accomplishment.

Posted by: EvenMoreHillaroius ()
Date: January 02, 2018 08:02PM

keep it up!!!

Now I am really really on the floor laughing. But, please use more quotes like OP.

So so gay.

Posted by: Just as I said ()
Date: January 02, 2018 09:42PM

There's the champ ,at it again.

Posted by: FUWalden ()
Date: January 03, 2018 06:45PM

Walden, you spamming twat, quit cluttering up our forum.

Date: January 04, 2018 08:15AM

Due to message request from unknown "alias" named "FUWALDEN"
who apparently thinks "Disabled" among us do not need this project,
and wish this message and Café Twin should leave Fairfax Underground,

I am thinking to delete this discussion and possibly leave this forum.

Question: Anyone agrees with "FUWALDEN" that this "conversation" should be deleted because it is judged as "SPAM" and "Disabled" among us do not need community support ?

Café Twin

Posted by: OhManLaughingEvenMore ()
Date: January 06, 2018 11:34AM

No, let this moron keep posting. I "especially" love "his" inappropriate use "of" quotes.

Even if he "is" trying to spam, let him.

I laugh so hard reading this gayness.

So super gay.

Date: January 08, 2018 10:10AM

01/08/2018

Here is best way to follow up for those who has a serious interest
to help develop ST Virginia FX Team 1865 in 2018+ time frame.

"Deed before Creed".

Steampunk Virginia FX Team 1865 (Mosaic Merifield FX-Alexandria VA Urban)

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6354457900664004608/

Posted by: BEH in the house? ()
Date: January 08, 2018 11:19AM

Is BEH still around to take care of this gay fellow?

BEH could run circles around Waldopond

Date: January 11, 2018 11:36AM

01/11/2018

My inspiration for this community service project for the disabled on wheel chair disabled Civil War Vets. This picture was taken likely toward the end of the war in 1865.

This is why I was inspired to name our community service group, Virgiia TX Team 1865.

Deed before Creed".

Steampunk Virginia FX Team 1865 (Mosaic Merifield FX-Alexandria VA Urban)

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6354457900664004608/

Date: January 17, 2018 02:42PM

01/17/2018

How a society treats its disabled is the true measure of a civilization.

Chen Guangcheng

Date: January 23, 2018 04:16PM

01/23/2018

My advice to other disabled people would be, concentrate on things your disability doesn't prevent you doing well, and don't regret the things it interferes with. Don't be disabled in spirit as well as physically.
Stephen Hawking

Electric Wheelchair Kit FRC Team 1577
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUUqksXlocs

Posted by: Free Lithium ()
Date: January 23, 2018 04:42PM

Waldo, what is your primary "disability"? You have many, that's obvious, but what would you say is most debilitating in your everyday "life"?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.