HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Fedupwithbadnovadrivers ()
Date: December 29, 2017 02:49PM

Why in hell do the majority of people in nova back IN to parking spaces?? Huge pet peeve, holds up traffic flow and just overall seems harder. Are people that crap at backing up??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: P.s. ()
Date: December 29, 2017 02:50PM

Meaning, backing out of spaces.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: MM4GM ()
Date: December 29, 2017 02:57PM

Bite me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: niceperson ()
Date: December 29, 2017 03:02PM

I personally don't back into spaces but I can understand why drivers do this. Trying to back out of a spot blocked by two mega SUVs or trucks and dodging cars bombing down the row at about 30 mph is very nerve wracking. If cars would actually slow down and let people back out instead of flipping you off when they almost hit you, maybe less would back into their spot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Nice Guy Eddie ()
Date: December 29, 2017 03:13PM

niceperson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I personally don't back into spaces but I can
> understand why drivers do this. Trying to back
> out of a spot blocked by two mega SUVs or trucks
> and dodging cars bombing down the row at about 30
> mph is very nerve wracking. If cars would
> actually slow down and let people back out instead
> of flipping you off when they almost hit you,
> maybe less would back into their spot.

Yep, backing out is an adventure. I always go where I can pull forward. Its usually farther out but its the only exercise I get.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: ListenUp ()
Date: December 29, 2017 03:27PM

For longer vehicles, backing in is the quickest way to enter a spot. Backing in will require one move when pulling in nose first may take several adjustments.

OP obviously young and inexperienced. Also, his annoyance at having to wait for someone to back into a spot indicates his behavior of not waiting for someone to backup out of a spot.

"Me-first": the current driving attitude of our roads. As opposed to "share the road" and "be courteous to other drivers" which is how we use to drive. Stopping for someone to back out of a parking spot, or into one for that matter, was common practice and the socially acceptable driving habit.

This goes for allowing others to merge or enter the road in front of us (in some circumstances) However, this doesn't excuse the person getting the break from exercising the same courtesy toward the generous driver by getting a move on it to allow traffic to resume its pace. Ugh.

This is too difficult for some. A new driver's education program is required.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: nig parking ()
Date: December 29, 2017 03:28PM

niggers are famous for backing in when they actually park legally. park. But niggers are also well known for pulling right up to the building, and illegally parking, just so they don't have to park and walk 20 yards.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Parking ()
Date: December 29, 2017 04:19PM

nig parking Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> niggers are famous for backing in when they
> actually park legally. park. But niggers are also
> well known for pulling right up to the building,
> and illegally parking, just so they don't have to
> park and walk 20 yards.

Yes have never seen any white folk park in the fire lane at the grocery store, turn on the four ways and go inside shopping. Just darkies.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: OP=faggot ()
Date: December 29, 2017 05:16PM

Fuck off. Ima run yer ass ovah.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Exception to the rule ()
Date: December 29, 2017 07:47PM

Parking Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nig parking Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > niggers are famous for backing in when they
> > actually park legally. park. But niggers are
> also
> > well known for pulling right up to the
> building,
> > and illegally parking, just so they don't have
> to
> > park and walk 20 yards.
>
> Yes have never seen any white folk park in the
> fire lane at the grocery store, turn on the four
> ways and go inside shopping. Just darkies.

I saw a white douchbag Park in the fire lane at Oakton Giant a few weeks ago.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: all.day.long ()
Date: December 29, 2017 08:08PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Yo, need to know,when to back it ()
Date: December 29, 2017 08:15PM

I'm tired of this muthafukken city

I'm tired of this muthafukken city

Fucking tourists and Niggers back into spaces, unless on a dangerous/busy road, don't be a cocksucking fag fuckface!!!! Lesson to be learned69 to yo mama parking space backers!



Hip hop on the muthafukken jock it's the black seat nigga and I rock nonstop with the Frisco crew and suckas are losin fukking with nigga cause I steal tofu and right to the jaw my crew is straight raw RBL that's ruthless by law that's my muthfukken posse and niggas wanna pop me but stop me, pop me, and your hoes still jock me, like a rabbit to a carrot, a dog to a bone the big nine piece I got it going on cause hoes on the nutsack my money stack is kinda fat I didn't have the bullet jack to get where a nigga at I lay down stay down always pimp at night and right cause wen you sell crack dopers come in funny browns tweaking, peeking, none of them is speakin, and when they come around make sure they ain't sneakin right up on your back you know they need crack and they don't have no money watch out for the jack but the tables have turned and your ass got burned so punk muthafukker there's a lesson to be learned



Yea chris you know niggas can't dig a pig so why don't you drop some more of that shit about these punk police out here in Frisco you know what I'm saying bust that shit





Goes out to the police fukking with me now yo ass got beef so you started some static you silly ass rabbit jacking in my hood like a muthafukken bad habbit dipping through my pockets like a muthafuckken dig then I guess I'm a nigga that you wanna get rid of it seems that way I'm my mothafukken hood all you punk police always up to no good coming through sweatin while we trying to get our gurp on fucking up our highs now we sitting in the drug zone but you done did this the last time to me see now I'm gonna gather up my mothafukken posse them crazy ass niggas the crazy ass crew the crazy mothafuckers with the stealtoe boots I'm getting my matches I'm grabbing my gasoline and blowing that police station to smitherines cause I don't play I'm strapped with my AK and sending you blue suits straight to your grave so police you can burn baby burn cause the tables have turned and you got on my last nerves lessons and suggestions is what a nigga stressing so watch out chief cause yo boy's got beat



Check this mothafukken shit out





Dumping on the mike is the nigga mr sleek coming out of Frisco RBL is my posse standing on harbor trying to sell all my crack sacks stress on my mind from thinking will I get jacked but if your scared go to church cause ain't no fear in my heart I'm still yelling work niggas trying to run while thinking they don't hit getting too greedy it's get your gaffle in the mix getting popped by the cops not knowing where your going with a sack in your necks poep and your sure to get thrown in a caddie wagon we don't type our ages a son get killed in high speed chases now your sitting in court without giving up a fight got sent to the pen doing ten to twenty five don't say it ain't worth it but I gotta go check so my pockets won't be hurting so get back get back get back if your real to the game then you know I'm kicking facts yea there's money to be earned but take notes on what you see cause there's a lesson to be learned



Bitch I thought you knew bitch I really thought you knew
Attachments:
IMG_7849.GIF
IMG_7816.PNG
IMG_6819.JPG
IMG_8112.JPG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: m3vnp ()
Date: December 29, 2017 08:34PM

niceperson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I personally don't back into spaces but I can
> understand why drivers do this. Trying to back
> out of a spot blocked by two mega SUVs or trucks
> and dodging cars bombing down the row at about 30
> mph is very nerve wracking. If cars would
> actually slow down and let people back out instead
> of flipping you off when they almost hit you,
> maybe less would back into their spot.

that's not true at all, 3 point turns are easy




they don't back in, their is a space infront of their space so they drive through one space into another so they never have to use REVERSE

HOWEVER - it's DANGEROUS because when people pull out is when most parking lot accidents happen (and people are hit):

people frequently forget to use signals

your car NEVER forgets to light up the reverse signal lights


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Big Richard ()
Date: December 29, 2017 08:44PM

My cock is so huge that I need to back into the bathroom to take a dump.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Backeruppers ()
Date: December 29, 2017 08:55PM

Listen up i enjoyed your educated response. I am 38 and female, actually, have driven for 22 years. Never have i seen driving like in nova. I agree backing out is scary but the person who talked about reverse lights had a great point. Also, of course i allow people to get out of their spaces..and, not being from here originally, i also follow the let one car in rule on all roads. I just find the backing in obnoxious, time consuming, and was just trying to get feedback on whu it is done so frequently here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: OMG! FAT BITCH!!!!!!!!! ()
Date: December 29, 2017 09:25PM

Backeruppers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Listen up i enjoyed your educated response. I am
> 38 and female, actually, have driven for 22 years.
> Never have i seen driving like in nova. I agree
> backing out is scary but the person who talked
> about reverse lights had a great point. Also, of
> course i allow people to get out of their
> spaces..and, not being from here originally, i
> also follow the let one car in rule on all roads.
> I just find the backing in obnoxious, time
> consuming, and was just trying to get feedback on
> whu it is done so frequently here.

You's from Philadelphia?
Attachments:
IMG_8443.JPG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: bebby ()
Date: December 29, 2017 10:05PM

blacks love to back in park. I noticed that years ago.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: ygx4c ()
Date: December 29, 2017 10:57PM

Would you rather be delayed by someone backing into their spot...or by someone backing out?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: chantilly resident ()
Date: December 29, 2017 11:08PM

It seems like most of the people I see backing into spots are rednecks.
It definitely holds up parking lot traffic. If you think about it, backing into a spot is very selfish because the person backing in is holding up other people from driving by and then when they leave they don't have to wait long yielding to pull out of the spot. Because of the time they spent backing in and holding others up from driving by they save time for themselves when they pull out.

It is very inconsiderate and self-serving.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Morons abound ()
Date: December 29, 2017 11:31PM

I back in most of the time, but not at the expense of others. It's definitely faster to leave after backing in, and safer to back in than out. Ask any first responder. Plus those of us who were Girl Scouts (yes, even as a guy, you can--and must!--be a registered Girl Scout to participate in scouting activities with your daughter) are also taught to do so, again for safety reasons.

OP is without a clue. Not unusual here, alas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Lazy Front Parkers! ()
Date: December 30, 2017 12:35AM

Join us backing into parking space people. We are changing the world; one parking space at a time.

The revolution is parking spaces.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Getout ()
Date: December 30, 2017 01:48AM

It's absolutely safer and smarter to back into parking spaces. Military and first responders are trained to do this, and delivery people and pretty much anyone who needs to leave quickly with no surprises also know to reverse into the space. It isn't selfish, it's a better way to park. AAA and safety advocates recommend it because it is safer. Why do you see it more in NoVA? Maybe because we're smarter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: causeican ()
Date: December 30, 2017 02:21AM

chantilly resident Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems like most of the people I see backing
> into spots are rednecks.
> It definitely holds up parking lot traffic. If you
> think about it, backing into a spot is very
> selfish because the person backing in is holding
> up other people from driving by and then when they
> leave they don't have to wait long yielding to
> pull out of the spot. Because of the time they
> spent backing in and holding others up from
> driving by they save time for themselves when they
> pull out.
>
> It is very inconsiderate and self-serving.

You, the one driving in the parking lot are suppose to do the yielding, not those pulling in and out of spots. It is a parking lot. Parking is what you do, Dip Shit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: peep ()
Date: December 30, 2017 03:21AM

causeican Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> chantilly resident Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It seems like most of the people I see backing
> > into spots are rednecks.
> > It definitely holds up parking lot traffic. If
> you
> > think about it, backing into a spot is very
> > selfish because the person backing in is
> holding
> > up other people from driving by and then when
> they
> > leave they don't have to wait long yielding to
> > pull out of the spot. Because of the time they
> > spent backing in and holding others up from
> > driving by they save time for themselves when
> they
> > pull out.
> >
> > It is very inconsiderate and self-serving.
>
> You, the one driving in the parking lot are
> suppose to do the yielding, not those pulling in
> and out of spots. It is a parking lot. Parking
> is what you do, Dip Shit.

+1

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: WYB36 ()
Date: December 30, 2017 06:53AM

causeican Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> chantilly resident Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It seems like most of the people I see backing
> > into spots are rednecks.
> > It definitely holds up parking lot traffic. If
> you
> > think about it, backing into a spot is very
> > selfish because the person backing in is
> holding
> > up other people from driving by and then when
> they
> > leave they don't have to wait long yielding to
> > pull out of the spot. Because of the time they
> > spent backing in and holding others up from
> > driving by they save time for themselves when
> they
> > pull out.
> >
> > It is very inconsiderate and self-serving.
>
> You, the one driving in the parking lot are
> suppose to do the yielding, not those pulling in
> and out of spots. It is a parking lot. Parking
> is what you do, Dip Shit.

Sorry the parking lot is a race track. No posted speed limits so I basically try to go as fast as I can. If I see someone backing out I can usually race past them before they inconvenience me. I also do this when I am walking in or out of stores. I am a pedestrian. I have the right of way. When I see someone backing out I walk behind their vehicle -- they have to yield to me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: pro driver ()
Date: December 30, 2017 07:17AM

ListenUp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For longer vehicles, backing in is the quickest
> way to enter a spot. Backing in will require one
> move when pulling in nose first may take several
> adjustments.
>
> OP obviously young and inexperienced. Also, his
> annoyance at having to wait for someone to back
> into a spot indicates his behavior of not waiting
> for someone to backup out of a spot.
>
> "Me-first": the current driving attitude of our
> roads. As opposed to "share the road" and "be
> courteous to other drivers" which is how we use to
> drive. Stopping for someone to back out of a
> parking spot, or into one for that matter, was
> common practice and the socially acceptable
> driving habit.
>
> This goes for allowing others to merge or enter
> the road in front of us (in some circumstances)
> However, this doesn't excuse the person getting
> the break from exercising the same courtesy toward
> the generous driver by getting a move on it to
> allow traffic to resume its pace. Ugh.
>
> This is too difficult for some. A new driver's
> education program is required.


very well stated
what i see on the road daily is just crazy
we are truly becoming a third world in regards to driving behavior

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Common practice of negroes ()
Date: December 30, 2017 07:45AM

Common behavior of Homo Sapien Niggerosses

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: December 30, 2017 08:52AM

When I taught vehicle operations courses for a company, our data showed tgat fewer accidents happened as a result of backing into place. Of course, first choice was to pull through a space, and ready to leave, nose first. But if that wasn't possible, one was to back into a space while THEY controlled the area/traffic pattern. Something you don't have, as you depart.

While it's been a while since teaching this, I'm sure the fact of the matter remains, and it's safer for the operator to back-in upon arrival. Of course, in this area, "me first" drivers had a hard time appreciating this, but I still back into spaces all the time.

I hope this post helps with some rationale.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: GMC 4X4 ()
Date: December 30, 2017 09:30AM

...in the 22039 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I taught vehicle operations courses for a
> company, our data showed tgat fewer accidents
> happened as a result of backing into place. Of
> course, first choice was to pull through a space,
> and ready to leave, nose first. But if that
> wasn't possible, one was to back into a space
> while THEY controlled the area/traffic pattern.
> Something you don't have, as you depart.
>
> While it's been a while since teaching this, I'm
> sure the fact of the matter remains, and it's
> safer for the operator to back-in upon arrival. Of
> course, in this area, "me first" drivers had a
> hard time appreciating this, but I still back into
> spaces all the time.
>
> I hope this post helps with some rationale.


Yes, thank you. I am going to start backing in or pulling through every time now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: MeSoHorny ()
Date: December 30, 2017 09:58AM

Top ten worst drivers:

10- Old fucks who can't hear and see
9 - Any foreigner
8 - Orientals
7 - Paks and Indians, especially the smelly cab/Uber drivers
6 - All Arabs
5 - Fucking spics
4 - All Women (yes that includes you Danica)
3 - Self-important liberal retards who are more important than than the rest of us and rules don't matter to them
2 - Africans, assuming they're smart enough to turn on the ignition.
1 - Asian women (me so horny!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Happy New Year! ()
Date: December 30, 2017 10:01AM

This is the Metro DC region. In otherwords, gays enjoy backing in while heterosexuals pull in. It’s that simple.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: NPTGT ()
Date: December 30, 2017 11:11AM

Fedupwithbadnovadrivers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why in hell do the majority of people in nova back
> IN to parking spaces?? Huge pet peeve, holds up
> traffic flow and just overall seems harder. Are
> people that crap at backing up??

Because assholes like you speed through parking lots! There is less chance of you crashing into us if we pull out head first because we can see your poorly-driving ass coming.

Slow down, bitch!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Know the code ()
Date: December 30, 2017 11:20AM

WYB36 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry the parking lot is a race track. No posted
> speed limits so I basically try to go as fast as I
> can. If I see someone backing out I can usually
> race past them before they inconvenience me. I
> also do this when I am walking in or out of
> stores. I am a pedestrian. I have the right of
> way. When I see someone backing out I walk behind
> their vehicle -- they have to yield to me.

I realize you are trolling but the driving behavior you describe is considered reckless in Virginia. There is a statute that specifically addresses it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Realhumanhere ()
Date: December 30, 2017 12:19PM

I am not a bitch and i am a granny in parking lots. Relax.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Stephanietanner ()
Date: December 30, 2017 12:24PM

I am not without a clue, either. How rude!! Heehee

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Most niggers have suspended ()
Date: December 30, 2017 02:39PM

Most niggers, especially those between 16-40, have suspended licenses.
Add “temp tags” and they prob have a warrant.
Dumb niggers ruin everything.
No wonder prison is full of them

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: So...... ()
Date: December 30, 2017 08:34PM

MeSoHorny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Top ten worst drivers:
>
> 10- Old fucks who can't hear and see
> 9 - Any foreigner
> 8 - Orientals
> 7 - Paks and Indians, especially the smelly
> cab/Uber drivers
> 6 - All Arabs
> 5 - Fucking spics
> 4 - All Women (yes that includes you Danica)
> 3 - Self-important liberal retards who are more
> important than than the rest of us and rules don't
> matter to them
> 2 - Africans, assuming they're smart enough to
> turn on the ignition.
> 1 - Asian women (me so horny!)

Old, liberal Indian women are the worst of the worst, since they fit categories 10, 9, 8, 7, 4, 3, and 1?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Julieana Cocks ()
Date: December 30, 2017 09:16PM

There's a reason it's called blacking in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: JLackey ()
Date: December 30, 2017 10:13PM

Fedupwithbadnovadrivers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why in hell do the majority of people in nova back
> IN to parking spaces?? Huge pet peeve, holds up
> traffic flow and just overall seems harder. Are
> people that crap at backing up??


Because insurance companies are giving discounts to companies whose employees back into spaces. Stats show that more wrecks are caused by people backing out than backing in. Drivers ed companies teach it and in Maryland backing into a space is on the drivers test.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: December 31, 2017 10:50PM

JLackey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Because insurance companies are giving
> discounts to companies whose employees back into
> spaces. Stats show that more wrecks are caused by
> people backing out than backing in. Drivers ed
> companies teach it and in Maryland backing into a
> space is on the drivers test.

Discounts? Seriously? Haven't been offered one. Seems like this would be uneconomic for the insurance companies, since people could trivially lie. How do they check it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Exception To The Rules Democrats ()
Date: December 31, 2017 11:04PM

>Yes have never seen any white folk park in the fire lane at the grocery store

Like this uppity Democrat ? That was posted here on FXU, Hopefully this jerk is gone from the State House, but replaced with yet another stupid liberal Democrat. Fools and Their Votes go hand and hand
Attachments:
abovethelaw.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Charlie Chan Andretti ()
Date: January 02, 2018 09:26PM

This is a great topic, and reason enough insurance companies should offer discounts for those who willingly take driver retraining courses, every few years.

Oh and that above list, is fairly accurate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Morons abound ()
Date: January 28, 2018 10:22PM

For the record, here's an example. I was at Costco last week, and didn't back in, as doing so would have held up traffic. When leaving, I checked mirrors and reverse camera, started to back up, and a guy across the way backed up VERY FAST and hit me. Technically we were equally at fault, because we were both in reverse, but morally I believe it was all on him.

In any case, I don't actually care because my bumper didn't even get scratched. His, however, sort of exploded.

Bottom line: if either of us had backed in, we'd've seen the other and avoided the shunt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: vinopoppa ()
Date: January 28, 2018 10:31PM

When are the actions of NoVA morons not selfish? I hate this goddamn place. It has the most conceited, selfish dirtbags of all colors. Even the damn illegals have become entitled shits here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: L7DX3 ()
Date: January 29, 2018 03:20PM

How about, I do whatever I want, and you go fuck yourself?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Fedupwithbadnovadrivers 2 ()
Date: January 29, 2018 07:58PM

Charlie Chan Andretti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a great topic, and reason enough insurance
> companies should offer discounts for those who
> willingly take driver retraining courses, every
> few years.
>
> Oh and that above list, is fairly accurate.

i'm unsure if i heard it from a store owner telling me to re-park my car or a AAA automotive insurance ad of the most likely causes of COST in a parking lot. it was one of each before i did it regularly

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Pull thru ()
Date: January 29, 2018 09:45PM

How do they decide who is at fault in a parking lot accident?
I back in or pull thru.ill pull in if I can see where I'm going.i avoid blind backing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: January 29, 2018 11:30PM

Pull thru Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do they decide who is at fault in a parking
> lot accident?
> I back in or pull thru.ill pull in if I can see
> where I'm going.i avoid blind backing.

If you're backing up, you're responsible. If you're both backing up, you're both equally responsible, like in that earlier post.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Trimming ()
Date: January 30, 2018 06:45AM

vinopoppa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When are the actions of NoVA morons not selfish?
> I hate this goddamn place. It has the most
> conceited, selfish dirtbags of all colors. Even
> the damn illegals have become entitled shits here.

It's Dreamers, get it right, I dreamed of doing your wife, after I cut your lawn. It has come true. I cant wait for Spring to arrive, amigo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: vile thuggery ()
Date: January 30, 2018 08:07AM

Morons abound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For the record, here's an example. I was at Costco
> last week, and didn't back in, as doing so would
> have held up traffic. When leaving, I checked
> mirrors and reverse camera, started to back up,
> and a guy across the way backed up VERY FAST and
> hit me. Technically we were equally at fault,
> because we were both in reverse, but morally I
> believe it was all on him.
>
> In any case, I don't actually care because my
> bumper didn't even get scratched. His, however,
> sort of exploded.
>
> Bottom line: if either of us had backed in,
> we'd've seen the other and avoided the shunt.


Here's your mistake and NOVA lesson of the day.

"and didn't back in, as doing so would have held up traffic"

This is northern Virginia and the way of doing business here is "fuck your fellow motorist". Holding up traffic at Costco? Most of the people there ride donkeys anyway. The proper way to handle this is to back VERY SLOWLY into the space and shimmy about 5-6 times until you either get it perfect or you have more than 6 cars waiting.

When you leave, make sure someone is waiting for your spot. Get in the car and send several emails, tweets and text messages before leaving - all the while without looking at or acknowledging those that are waiting. Don't leave until they have all given up. If you re going to drive here, you need to learn how to be a dick.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: causeican ()
Date: January 31, 2018 07:05PM

Pull thru Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do they decide who is at fault in a parking
> lot accident?
> I back in or pull thru.ill pull in if I can see
> where I'm going.i avoid blind backing.


blind backing? don’t you have mirrors?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: dfgmj ()
Date: January 31, 2018 07:42PM

causeican Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pull thru Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How do they decide who is at fault in a parking
> > lot accident?
> > I back in or pull thru.ill pull in if I can see
> > where I'm going.i avoid blind backing.
>
>
> blind backing? don’t you have mirrors?


I think he means when an SUV aka car on the side of you or something is blocking your view, but either way you will have trouble seeing trunk or hood.

Always pull out slowly, so many people speed in parking lots it's annoying, whenever I see someone trying to reverse, I let them out because it's easier for me to see their reverse lights than me coming down the lane.

I really hate those new Mercedes LED reverse lights, they are TINY and I find them hard to see since they are also a light blue color and you aren't expecting that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Delray-Do-Say ()
Date: January 31, 2018 11:40PM

This NPR story explains the concept of delayed gratification in parking (backing in, pulling through) and possible economic rewards.

https://www.npr.org/2014/08/27/343623220/parking-behavior-may-reflect-economic-drive

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: R Ricardo ()
Date: February 01, 2018 09:06AM

I would estimate if you are in an accident in this area the chances are one out of four the other drivers license is suspended which also means he has no insurance. A few years back the state implemented that they would suspend anyone's license who was behind on child support. Throw in all the illegals who have no license/insurance increases the chances you are shit out of luck

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Saulty ()
Date: February 01, 2018 10:35AM

nig parking Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> niggers are famous for backing in when they
> actually park legally. park. But niggers are also
> well known for pulling right up to the building,
> and illegally parking, just so they don't have to
> park and walk 20 yards.

I frequent the Sterling/Lowes Island Food Lion and I see black people parked in front of the store pretty much every single time I go in. When a car is parked in front, 90% of the time it's a brutha, easily.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nova drivers, stop backing in to Parking spaces already!!
Posted by: Every Dollar Counts ()
Date: February 01, 2018 11:41AM

Greybeard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JLackey Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Because insurance companies are giving
> > discounts to companies whose employees back
> into
> > spaces. Stats show that more wrecks are caused
> by
> > people backing out than backing in. Drivers ed
> > companies teach it and in Maryland backing into
> a
> > space is on the drivers test.
>
> Discounts? Seriously? Haven't been offered one.
> Seems like this would be uneconomic for the
> insurance companies, since people could trivially
> lie. How do they check it?

I get it. With Geico, you have to call and speak to a rep, and ask specifically for it.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **        **    **   ******   ********   **    ** 
 **        ***   **  **    **  **     **   **  **  
 **        ****  **  **        **     **    ****   
 **        ** ** **  **        ********      **    
 **        **  ****  **        **            **    
 **        **   ***  **    **  **            **    
 ********  **    **   ******   **            **    
This forum powered by Phorum.