HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Black Friday sales
Posted by: Snapple ()
Date: November 27, 2009 10:11AM

Are there any stores that have particularly good Black Friday sales? I haven't been following the ads much. I heard Target was going to have $3 appliances. (toasters etc.0 What are the best places to shop today?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Black Friday sales
Posted by: gps ()
Date: November 27, 2009 10:23AM

I'm getting a Garmin from Best Buy that was $229 that is on sale for $129. Wal-Mart has a Tom Tom for only $59.

Posted by: gps 2 ()
Date: November 27, 2009 11:31AM

Are GPS that good? I am speaking from someone who's never had one, but what's so great about them.

Walmart and Target both had 32 inch lcd's for 250. Walmart had a boat load, Target was out right away. Walmart keeps bringing in carts of them and they keep being grabbed but I was just there at 11 this morning and they still had them. Target also had a real nice digital camera for 88.

Date: November 27, 2009 11:58AM

If you suck with directions like I do, then yes, a GPS is an awesome thing to have. I've had one for a couple years now, but I'm ready to upgrade to a better model. If you don't have one I'd recommend buying one at Wal-Mart if you can get it for only $59-$99. Try it out and if you don't like it, then return it within 14 days or whatever the return policy is. But I'm willing to bet that you will like it.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: November 27, 2009 11:58AM

gps 2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are GPS that good? I am speaking from someone
> who's never had one, but what's so great about
> them.

GPS's are worth it. I used to be on the side of "read a fucking map", but my wife has one and I swear GPSs will make roadmaps obsolete within 5 years. It's almost impossible to get lost with those things. You can just plug in an address and it guides you there - no fuss, no muss. No more reading a map while driving, guessing how many more miles to go, etc. Plus if you're with kids and they get hungry, have to pee, etc, on most GPS's you can look up nearby rest stops, restaurants, etc. You can plot a path to avoid tolls, highways, etc. Some GPSs come with an add-on feature (extra fee) that will provide traffic info and plot detours around accidents and whatnot.

If you don't plan on traveling outside of areas your are familiar with, then they wont' do much good. But one road trip to another state, city, or unfamiliar area, then they are invaluable.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: November 27, 2009 12:37PM

There was no doubt the gps was one of the most popular items at Target there was a long line for a 97 dollar gps (tomtom) then a 179 one. I got to the front of the line and ended up deciding against it, trying to be frugal and just paying for a camera I purchased.

I'm still torn whether I should have purchased it, but I don't do much traveling so I doubt I'd have much need for it. I also think in the next two years they'll have a considerable price drop like looking at the tv's mentioned above, the 32 inch ones just 2 years ago, 600 was a great price and they sold out, now they're down to 250. I'm kicking myself on that one too. I could have a 50" tv for the price I paid for my 32" if I waited a couple years.

Date: November 27, 2009 03:01PM

Just got back from Best Buy. It was packed, as expected. I picked up the Garmin Nuvi 255WT for $129.99. They still had plenty in stock.

Posted by: Catmaker ()
Date: October 21, 2021 07:02AM

The sale is cool and cool, but don't run into cheaters who will shake all your money out of you and you will be left with nothing

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.