HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Opinions of Hybla Valley?
Posted by: vernon ()
Date: December 12, 2017 12:27PM

What are your opinions of Hybla Valley? I know there are some rough parts, but there are some nice homes in that area as well, and Mt. Vernon isn't far away. I stopped at a five guys there once that was more delicious than other locations for some reason. Opinions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Opinions of Hybla Valley?
Posted by: All relative ()
Date: December 12, 2017 12:38PM

Compared to other low rent places around the US, it’s actually kind of nice. But if your from Great Falls or Clifton it probably seems like a dump. Living in one of the wealthiest counties in the country really skews your perspective.

Posted by: high society ()
Date: December 12, 2017 01:01PM

I thought you knew all of us on FfxU lived in the areas of Fairfax Station, Great Falls, and Clifton.

Oakton- sorry with that stabbing you are now off the list.

Vienna- sorry with the ability to purchase mattresses online, your income levels are slipping, and your restaurant quality is going downhill too.

Centreville- Still OK, some nicer homes and luxury townhouses, but watch out for track marks/people nodding off is all I am saying. Still a problem in 2017. Not everything that glitters is gold is the best way i can put it.

Burke- there is nothing there but houses, sorry for you being a VRE commuter lot and a cut thru for people on their way elsewhere.

Reston- your years of neighborhood planning is coming to an end due to people leaving due to your high rents, reconsider razing some of the older condo complexes and start over. A bunch of low income residents are bringing you down as well, beautiful areas around the lakes though.

Baileys Crossroads- all I can say is Aye Caramba. Generations trenched in there living mom/dad/kids/grandkids/grandma all in a 3 bedroom apartment, they have no where else to go in the county that is cheaper or has better metro or jobs being closer to DC, I am not mad at them though everyone has to get money somehow and live somewhere when they first come to the area.

Fort Belvoir- Salute. You are cleaning up the area putting better apartments and a nicer road- and I appreciate you have a homeless shelter in the area (since we would NIMBY it real quick in my neck of the woods) but you still have to watch your back at night or when walking around the area, the Privates fresh on leave are drunk driving around in their new mustang/challenger/camaro. Or it's the other people in their toyotas, same thing. Anyplace "military" will always have a bunch of low income people living nearby, it is the nature of the beast.

Annandale- Asiandale. More asian population than centreville but not quite as upper class as centreville is (comparatively speaking in quality and newness of homes, streets, etc). 'nuff said.

OP- Hyblia valley (aka ft belvoir- kinda) is just fine, just use common sense in terms of crime (lock your doors, etc). The schools are just ok- it is fairfax county and I would rather have my kid at the worst school/smaller house in Fairfax County than a shitbox townhouse in DC and the schools are just SHITTY.

Hope this helps someone. Now I must leave you all, I have a client dinner appointment at 6 at Charlie Palmer (NW DC) but i need my driver to take me to tysons II first for some light christmas shopping.

I bid you all adieu.

Posted by: YVUHC ()
Date: December 12, 2017 01:23PM

I don't like the name. What is a hybla?

Posted by: bobby ()
Date: December 12, 2017 01:52PM

YVUHC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't like the name. What is a hybla?

I'm not sure, but it sounds suspiciously Islamic. No thanks.

Posted by: ISA nearby on route 1 ()
Date: December 12, 2017 03:02PM

I consider hybla valley MS13 breeding ground.
Go towards the beltway and you will see shitty apts across from the Denny’s....tons of felons.

Go towards great steak buffet and u will be enveloped by pg niggers that cross the bridge to create mayhem.

Vegas niteclub caters to gang brownskins.
There’s a spic shaved ice cart next to five guys for fucks sake!!

On the other hand, it’s not Sacramento center area so that’s good.

Posted by: lortongal ()
Date: December 12, 2017 03:52PM

High society...
Nailed it.

all true.

Posted by: Fine Dining ()
Date: December 12, 2017 05:54PM

Not the same since Po Folks closed.

Posted by: all you can eat ()
Date: December 12, 2017 07:37PM

Fine Dining Wrote:
> Not the same since Po Folks closed.

Chesapeake Bay Seafood House>>>>>>Copeland's in Alexandia used to be on route 7>>>>>Po Folks

The okra was the bomb though I give you that.

I would still pay $60 today for all you can eat crab legs, peeled steamed spiced shrimp and hush puppies and butter, keep the rest of the menu, and skip the buffet past a salad bar and good beer I would invest in the franchise too if i hit the lotto I miss it that much *sigh*.

Posted by: Rt. 1 historian ()
Date: December 12, 2017 08:07PM

Hybla Valley has gone way downhill ever since the Arthur Treacher's over there off Rt. 1 closed. Used to be the best place to get fresh, hot fish and chips. When they closed, everyone moved over to Fairfax Circle (which is why that area is so affluent and great).

Posted by: Knower of Rt1 ()
Date: December 12, 2017 08:08PM

The county attempted to polish a turd but if you like armed robberies and drug dealing great entertainment

Posted by: HoDu ()
Date: December 13, 2017 12:04PM

After having lived in the homeless shelter in that area,
and becoming intimately familiar with the "Route 1 Corridor"
north of Lorton, my considered opinion is that the entire
area is a shit hole.

Posted by: phelpsmarc ()
Date: December 13, 2017 05:34PM

It's right next to Rt 1. This means home invaders don't have to look far to find your place.

I haven't seen any nice neighborhoods in Hybla Valley. Lockheed Blvd has one story 1950s houses - a lower middle class neighborhood. Across from the Public Storage there is a decent group of houses. On the other side of RT 1 there is a trailer part, Otherwise, it's old Apartments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2017 05:36PM by phelpsmarc.

Posted by: Wrong Forum ()
Date: December 14, 2017 12:25PM

phelpsmarc Wrote:
> It's right next to Rt 1. This means home invaders
> don't have to look far to find your place.
>
> I haven't seen any nice neighborhoods in Hybla
> Valley. Lockheed Blvd has one story 1950s houses -
> a lower middle class neighborhood. Across from the
> Public Storage there is a decent group of houses.
> On the other side of RT 1 there is a trailer part,
> Otherwise, it's old Apartments.

Not Arthur Treacher's focused.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.