HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 25
Re: High School Football 2018
Posted by: YMCKV ()
Date: April 17, 2018 03:09PM

Reason LOCO is better than FFXCO comes down to better coaching and for some reason they have monstrous linemen. Putting the sole cause on Recruiting/transferring is lazy, for real, how many kids are actually moving because they got recruited to play at SB or Tusky, BR or BW? One maybe 2 kids who’s parents may move because of work or they decided at that point was a good time for them to buy a house. I’d say whatever is in the water (for all the big kids) is more likely the cause than recruiting. Even so, in a sport like football, you have to be such a special talent for 1 player to make a huge impact. Coaching and culture is what it comes down to, plain and simple.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: It’s coaching alright! ()
Date: April 17, 2018 03:13PM

It’s coaching alright & LB is proof having the wrong coach can set your program back. Take a annually 12 win team and eke out 8 & get embarrassed in playoff game and cry and blame it on field conditions and a hostile crowd. If I’m not mistaken both teams played on the same grass field.

Posted by: novafb ()
Date: April 17, 2018 05:34PM

D5 in Fairfax is much different than D5 in LOCO in terms of demographics. And yes demographics do play a major role in high school sports, more so in football.

Posted by: dawgsrules ()
Date: April 17, 2018 06:36PM

Everyone gets it, LB and the coaching staff blow, lets move on to who really maters WESTFIELD!!!!

Looks like a 4 peat, i don't see anyone who can beat them

Posted by: cgknm ()
Date: April 18, 2018 07:39AM

cgknm

Posted by: DeepS8 ()
Date: April 18, 2018 11:12PM

I see the love/hate for Doc and staff is still here... Alas the kids on the team did a decent job last season and are poised for a better run this coming year. Just glad its starting to ramp up again

Posted by: LJ6X4 ()
Date: April 24, 2018 10:02AM

Posted by: PWCO Football #1 ()
Date: April 29, 2018 05:58PM

Funny how pple wanna claim PWCO as part of NOVA when it’s something good (3 kids getting drafted) but then fears boundary cutting them out otherwise.

Posted by: pbnxe ()
Date: April 30, 2018 11:57AM

YMCKV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reason LOCO is better than FFXCO comes down to
> better coaching and for some reason they have
> monstrous linemen. Putting the sole cause on
> Recruiting/transferring is lazy, for real, how
> many kids are actually moving because they got
> recruited to play at SB or Tusky, BR or BW? One
> maybe 2 kids who’s parents may move because of
> work or they decided at that point was a good time
> for them to buy a house. I’d say whatever is in
> the water (for all the big kids) is more likely
> the cause than recruiting. Even so, in a sport
> like football, you have to be such a special
> talent for 1 player to make a huge impact.
> Coaching and culture is what it comes down to,
> plain and simple.

Monstrous lineman. I also have noticed that LoCo teams are always loaded with really big kids. Where do they all come from? Do they feed them that much better in Loudoun?

Posted by: FoolNamer ()
Date: April 30, 2018 08:38PM

DeepS8 Wrote:
> I see the love/hate for Doc and staff is still
> here... Alas the kids on the team did a decent job
> last season and are poised for a better run this
> coming year. Just glad its starting to ramp up
> again

No. Nothing but love for Doc and his staff. Step aside idiots. Bruins coming thru.

Posted by: Stallion fmr player ()
Date: May 02, 2018 08:52AM

What is wrong with SOCO program. We have size (bigger than most hs up front) we have the athletes with tons of speed at the skill positions, why are we trending towards mediocrity? We have plenty of kids who play at the next level and we just had one of our own get drafted, and we’ll definitely have another one in maybe 3-4 yrs go to the league (Mr. Spalding). I saw them at 7-7 past weekend and they looked good just like they have years past. So what’s the problem?

Posted by: docnobest ()
Date: May 02, 2018 11:29AM

Doc and the boys from LB just to much for them!

Posted by: g3jkv ()
Date: May 02, 2018 02:15PM

Stallion fmr player Wrote:
> What is wrong with SOCO program. We have size
> (bigger than most hs up front) we have the
> athletes with tons of speed at the skill
> positions, why are we trending towards mediocrity?
> We have plenty of kids who play at the next level
> and we just had one of our own get drafted, and
> we’ll definitely have another one in maybe 3-4
> yrs go to the league (Mr. Spalding). I saw them at
> 7-7 past weekend and they looked good just like
> they have years past. So what’s the problem?\

Observation from an outsider is that SoCo has had some problems team chemistry and coaches that cannot make any adjustments or game plan very well. They have a solid program and great athletes so sooner or later they must be gonna make another nice playoff run.

Posted by: National District ()
Date: May 07, 2018 11:14AM

Every time I look on twitter I see a different kid from Falls Church with Division 1 offers. Falls Church is the bottom of the barrel in the northern region and shouldn't have any decent athletes, am I missing something here?

Posted by: Oakton Dad who knows shit ()
Date: May 07, 2018 11:25AM

Let's all be serious here for a minute. Westfield wins because of the program. It's like Alabama constantly being a top 10 school, year in/year out. Simmons has a system that keeps the team competitive. Any other Norther VA team would have been crushed by the 6A teams from the South. Westfield doesn't have the superior talent. They have the superior coaching staff and system. Simmons forfeits the JV teams to groom the better 9th and 10th graders by bringing them up early and teaching them his O and D. By the time they're juniors, they are hitting on all cylinders. This is why Westfield always seems to be able to fill holes and big losses in talent.

Posted by: H6NNB ()
Date: May 07, 2018 12:32PM

National District Wrote:
> Every time I look on twitter I see a different kid
> from Falls Church with Division 1 offers. Falls
> Church is the bottom of the barrel in the northern
> region and shouldn't have any decent athletes, am
> I missing something here?

Apparently you're missing a lot. FC is behind only SoCo, LB, Hayfield, and CVille in producing D1 players.

Aziz is one of the best developers of talent in the county. If a kid has even a little bit of talent and is willing to work, Aziz will get the most out of him. Along with the fact they have some pretty good athletes. If they could get some bigger O linemen, they would be able to challenge, or at least compete with, the LoCo 5A teams.

As for being "bottom of the barrel", haven't they won that conference 4 out of the past 5 years, or something like that. Only lost it last year because of the best team Marshall has had in a long time and horrible officiating against Stuart (and by horrible, I mean standard Fairfax County officiating).

I think you need to check your facts, or insights.

Posted by: Nutral Observer ()
Date: May 07, 2018 12:36PM

Oakton Dad who knows shit Wrote:
> Let's all be serious here for a minute. Westfield
> wins because of the program. It's like Alabama
> constantly being a top 10 school, year in/year
> out. Simmons has a system that keeps the team
> competitive. Any other Norther VA team would have
> been crushed by the 6A teams from the South.
> Westfield doesn't have the superior talent. They
> have the superior coaching staff and system.
> Simmons forfeits the JV teams to groom the better
> 9th and 10th graders by bringing them up early and
> teaching them his O and D. By the time they're
> juniors, they are hitting on all cylinders. This
> is why Westfield always seems to be able to fill
> holes and big losses in talent.

I don't think anyone can argue with anything said here. Simmons really does a good job.

Which begs the question, why don't other schools hire his assistants? Most of them have HC experience, and surely have learned so much from being at WF. But schools in the county just keep hiring guys with limited success elsewhere (WTW, Fairfax), no previous success (JEB, Oakton), or previous failure (Lake Braddock). I just don't get it. I'd really like someone to start taking his coaches, so maybe they will lose, and this thread can live on without having to put up with all the Westfield ball lickers.

Posted by: E47NN ()
Date: May 07, 2018 12:39PM

Has anyone won 4 states in a row before? So tired of WHS but if a 4-peat were to happen, I think no one will ever come back to this site and deal with the smugness of the WHS fans. There’s got to be someone that will challenge WHS this year, Madison, LB, SC, CVHS, Woodbridge, Hylton, Freedom (W), who’s most likely to knock them off?

(Alabama wins by superior talent, not coaching)

Posted by: bulldogs today, tomorrow, 4ever ()
Date: May 07, 2018 12:44PM

Nutral Observer Wrote:

> I don't think anyone can argue with anything said
> here. Simmons really does a good job.
>
> Which begs the question, why don't other schools
> hire his assistants? Most of them have HC
> experience, and surely have learned so much from
> being at WF. But schools in the county just keep
> hiring guys with limited success elsewhere (WTW,
> Fairfax), no previous success (JEB, Oakton), or
> previous failure (Lake Braddock). I just don't
> get it. I'd really like someone to start taking
> his coaches, so maybe they will lose, and this
> thread can live on without having to put up with
> all the Westfield ball lickers.

Most of the coaches live in the Centreville/Chantilly area, have kids going to Westfield and/or otherwise happy in their situation. Head coaches don't make that much money and Simmons takes all the heat off of his assistants. And let's face it, the assistants love having a good shot at being in the championship game every year. Just like Josh McDaniels did in NE last year. He could go to Indy and fight like hell to make the playoffs or stay with the Pats and probably win another couple of SBs and then take over from Belichick when he retires. Simmons has at least two assistants that are in the running to take over after him and Simmons is starting to get up there in years.

Posted by: Tick tock ()
Date: May 07, 2018 04:34PM

Once the new HS bordering Chantilly/Herndon opens in a couple of years, Westfield’s glory days will come to an end and Simmons will retire or coach at the new school where all the talent will be.

Posted by: Be serious ()
Date: May 07, 2018 05:42PM

What high school would this be? I can't think of anywhere in Fairfax County there would be a new school out this way. I can only assume you're talking about a location inside of Loudon County which won't affect Westfield.

Posted by: regionguy ()
Date: May 07, 2018 08:10PM

Here are few of my thoughts:

I don't see anyone beating Westfield, they are very good at what they do.
They play fundamental football, they don't beat themselves and they are very well coached.

SoCo, Madison, Centreville, SL, all very good teams. but, cant match up to Westfield.

I see Hayfield, Yorktown, LB and a few others as second tier teams, all have decent talent, but nothing close to Westfield and will have a hard time even competing with them.

The only teams that I see who could give Westfield trouble are the PW teams, Woodbridge, Hylton, possibly, Freedom, although, I don't think Freedom will be as good as last year. Both of these teams have athletes all over the field that could cause Westfield problems.

In the end I see Westfield capturing a 4 the straight Div 6 State Title

Posted by: Region Girl ()
Date: May 07, 2018 08:33PM

Westfield has all the Skill in the World with ZERO in the trenches, they will be a Play-off team however, the State Title Run is Over! Remarkable run the Torch gets passed!

Posted by: knowsbetta ()
Date: May 07, 2018 08:58PM

How can you say LB is a second tier team? This may be the most talented team Braddock has had in a very long time.

Simmons will be passing that torch all right, to Doc and boys from Braddock

Posted by: cveu6 ()
Date: May 07, 2018 09:12PM

Region Girl Wrote:
> Westfield has all the Skill in the World with ZERO
> in the trenches, they will be a Play-off team
> however, the State Title Run is Over! Remarkable
> run the Torch gets passed!

True. Westfield offensive line was very often outmatched last year - even by bad teams. If they would have had average QB, WRs and RB they would have had a losing record. They have nothing returning and nothing coming up from JV as that line was not very good either. Lucky for them they have some superior talent that will win them games despite the line.

Posted by: Bulldog Booster ()
Date: May 08, 2018 08:06AM

cveu6 Wrote:
> Region Girl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Westfield has all the Skill in the World with
> ZERO
> > in the trenches, they will be a Play-off team
> > however, the State Title Run is Over!
> Remarkable
> > run the Torch gets passed!
>
> True. Westfield offensive line was very often
> outmatched last year - even by bad teams. If they
> would have had average QB, WRs and RB they would
> have had a losing record. They have nothing
> returning and nothing coming up from JV as that
> line was not very good either. Lucky for them
> they have some superior talent that will win them
> games despite the line.

And that's what's been said about Westfield for the past 3 to 4 seasons, yet they still keep winning. They may not have D1 lineman returning but there will be enough big kids to put together a decent OL & DL. Bottom line though, their skill guys probably need less than most other teams to make something happen. Anyone who watched this past season I'm sure will agree. It's not like either side of the ball the line dominated anyone.

Posted by: 6EFMC ()
Date: May 08, 2018 12:18PM

knowsbetta Wrote:
> How can you say LB is a second tier team? This may
> be the most talented team Braddock has had in a
> very long time.
>
> Simmons will be passing that torch all right, to
> Doc and boys from Braddock

Didn’t win when you had Henderson kid - ranked top 10 QB in the nation. Didn’t win with Lamont Atkins, top 10 RB in the nation. Andrew Park top TE. You had a ridiculously talented team this past season and put up measly 2pts against Woodbridge. Good luck not losing to SC or Woodson this year.

Posted by: Uh...Huh... ()
Date: May 08, 2018 01:24PM

"SoCo, Madison, Centreville, SL, all very good teams. but, cant match up to Westfield."

South Lakes was scheme and a number key skill position players that flustered Madison's defense in the playoffs last year. Westfield stepped on SL next game. Centreville split a pair with Madison and Westfield b a r e l y beat Madison on a great defensive play at the end of the game. Centreville lost by a lot to Westfield.

I think this will all come down to line play on both sides of the ball for all these teams and who is returning or bringing up talent. Heirarchy will be Westfield, then Centerville-Madison, then South Lakes. Don't know enough about SoCo to slot them, but the were up and down last year... I think if Westfield has a game that they're "off" against Centreville or Madison they "could" lose.

Stone Bridge doesn't count for playoffs (5A vs. 6A), but that would be an interesting measure if any of these team play them next year.

Date: May 09, 2018 01:14PM

I meant no disrespect in naming a few second tier teams.
They have some good teams, just not on the level of Westfield.

I think at the end of the day, it comes down to coaching, again, no coaching staff in this region/state is better then Westfield.

Good luck to all the teams

Posted by: XGNME ()
Date: May 11, 2018 07:22AM

Stone Bridge will play Madison and Lake Braddock this year, as this is the second year of the two-year cycle.

Posted by: The real Bulldogs! ()
Date: May 11, 2018 10:38AM

SB will beat both Madison (by 24+) & LB (35+).

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: May 11, 2018 03:28PM

might want to look at the CVILLE/WESTFIELD score again.....

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: May 11, 2018 03:34PM

27-11...7-3 AT HALFTIME

Posted by: ANNDDD...! ()
Date: May 11, 2018 05:00PM

nufan Wrote:
> 27-11...7-3 AT HALFTIME

Your point is?

Posted by: Langley Parent ()
Date: May 23, 2018 09:05AM

In all of these HS threads, I don't remember anyone ever mentioning Langley. Why are they so bad, and does anyone care? Any change they will have a winning season anytime in the near future?

Posted by: Space Oddity ()
Date: May 23, 2018 09:14AM

Langley Parent Wrote:
> In all of these HS threads, I don't remember
> anyone ever mentioning Langley. Why are they so
> bad, and does anyone care? Any change they will
> have a winning season anytime in the near future?

Two reasons: Chinks have moved into the Langley district in mass because it's basically a private school within the public school system. Chinks usually don't make good football players (notwithstanding WF has an Asian QB and the smattering of decent Asian receivers here and there). And Langley is busy grooming the white kids to take over their daddy's businesses, not play sports.

Posted by: nottheregionguy ()
Date: May 23, 2018 01:48PM

Langley Parent Wrote:
> In all of these HS threads, I don't remember
> anyone ever mentioning Langley. Why are they so
> bad, and does anyone care? Any change they will
> have a winning season anytime in the near future?

Not totally true. I remember the Langley Saxons popping up in threads every now and them - back when they were reasonably decent. They had a run of 5 years (2K10-2K14) making the playoffs. Heck - I remember they knocked BATTLEFIELD out of the playoffs one year and Hayfield also.

Their program is slumping. New coach (although I guess he'd been around). Fewer kids going out for football. It's probably going to continue to be rough times for Langley football.

Posted by: 4gyxx ()
Date: May 24, 2018 01:15PM

Posted by: SOCO-LOCO ()
Date: May 24, 2018 04:06PM

Just a thought, but SOCO seems to have lacked a truly "explosive" rb the last two years....that lack of balance hurt....see the Woodson game last Fall, for example.

Posted by: SoCo-Loco ()
Date: May 24, 2018 08:07PM

To bad you can suit up your slick track coach that likes to chase underage girlz

Posted by: Fourteen ()
Date: June 06, 2018 02:32PM

Yeah the 14 squad had some studs and a few D1 commits. One went to Davidson, and the other to W&M.

Granted, the seniors who went to D3 schools were quite good too.

Posted by: 6DYCE ()
Date: June 06, 2018 05:00PM

Big 7v7 tournament this week at MVHS. Be interesting to see who does well. A lot of new arms out there throwing. Who’s early favs?

Posted by: regoranizer ()
Date: June 06, 2018 09:43PM

Are those numbers for Champe correct?
Attachments:
vhsladmfig.jpg

Posted by: curious? ()
Date: June 07, 2018 12:11PM

Their lacrosse team is in the state championship game, so they obviously have athletes, why does their football team suck so bad?

Posted by: Yep... ()
Date: June 07, 2018 12:39PM

Luck Fangley!

Posted by: Not mind readers ()
Date: June 07, 2018 12:52PM

curious? Wrote:
> Their lacrosse team is in the state championship
> game, so they obviously have athletes, why does
> their football team suck so bad?

Who are you referring to?

Posted by: Curious about Oakton. ()
Date: June 07, 2018 12:53PM

curious? Wrote:
> Their lacrosse team is in the state championship
> game, so they obviously have athletes, why does
> their football team suck so bad?

Why does Oakton football suck?

Posted by: ubtpv ()
Date: June 09, 2018 08:33AM

If Champe moves to 6A that will spell the end of Westfield's dominance. Champe is a rising program already capable. Handled Centreville last year. Westfield will be on the decline by the time Champe is in 6A. Perfect timing for Champe.

Oakton football sucks because no one takes it seriously enough anymore. Oakton's got the athletes. Seems like more than half of their athletic teams are in the state playoffs this year.

Posted by: Too early in the am ()
Date: June 09, 2018 09:14AM

Somebody has been drinking early this morning. Champe was 0-4 vs SB, Tusky & BR how the fuck do you expect them to beat WHS or Woodbridge or OS? Their all-world Rb CG3 is gone so is their QB and several top kids. Expect them to go 6-4 maybe even 5-5 this year. Plus the youth program at Dulles South sucks, which is a pretty good indicator of what kind of upcoming talent you have going into Hs. Gainesville American Pride VYI BRYC & SYA all have strong programs and their respective high schools do well.

Posted by: ntheno ()
Date: June 09, 2018 10:28PM

I think we all agree that Westfield gets knocked off this year from LB.
With several players already having college offers, Doc has this team ready for a breakout season.

If your not with us, then get out of the way, because the Bruin train is going to be rolling thru.

Energy & Tempo - Competitiveness - Toughness - Discipline - Significance.

Posted by: fun2watch ()
Date: June 09, 2018 11:41PM

So excited for this season, coach Doc and staff has really built this football program to achieve new heights.

This program now is a true family, accountable, significant and respectful young men coming together for one heartbeat

Posted by: UMPTH ()
Date: June 10, 2018 11:08AM

LB won’t beat Woodson or win their division this year. Could easily wind 3rd or even 4th.
1. WTW
2. ROBO
3.WSHS YTown LB or SOCO
Even WSHS & Ytown may beat you all this year.

Posted by: UAFool ()
Date: June 10, 2018 11:39AM

First of all Yorktown isn’t in the patriot district. 2nd of all, WTW, WS, and FFX all suck and won’t beat the top 3. LB, SOCO, and ROBO will decide who wins and it will probably remain that way as long as the district stays the same. I’d say:
1) LB (8-2) tough schedule
2) ROBO (7-3) avg schedule
3) SOCO (6-4) tough schedule
4) WTW (5-5) easy schedule
5) WS (4-6) easy schedule
6) FFX (3-7) easy schedule

Posted by: Gerrrymanderrerrrr ()
Date: June 10, 2018 11:55AM

Previous poster could not have been more correct when talking about Champe sucking this upcoming season and in the near future. They lost a ton of talent and almost all of their contributors were seniors. Despite having athletes all over the field last year, their defense was completely overmatched as the top Loudoun 5A teams scored at will against them. That was with size and speed! Now, take away all of that size and speed and see what happens! Speaks more about how average and unathletic Centreville was (and is!) that Champe smacked them around. And don't tell me that it is because the Loudoun schools know Champe and Centreville didn't. SB, Tusky, and BR all played Champe for the first time last year.

Posted by: WTF??? ()
Date: June 10, 2018 12:22PM

fun2wasytch Wrote:
> So excited for this season, coach Doc and staff
> has really built this football program to achieve
> new heights.
>
> This program now is a true family, accountable,
> significant and respectful young men coming
> together for one heartbeat

Are you kidding me? Family? The hazing and and abuse that goes on between those guys! That’s a bunch of bullshit! Those players are out of control! Being abused by rising Seniors and threatened isn’t FAMILY!! You all are drinking the Kool Aid.

Date: June 10, 2018 12:30PM

UAFool Wrote:
> First of all Yorktown isn’t in the patriot
> district. 2nd of all, WTW, WS, and FFX all suck
> and won’t beat the top 3. LB, SOCO, and ROBO
> will decide who wins and it will probably remain
> that way as long as the district stays the same.
> I’d say:
> 1) LB (8-2) tough schedule
> 2) ROBO (7-3) avg schedule
> 3) SOCO (6-4) tough schedule
> 4) WTW (5-5) easy schedule
> 5) WS (4-6) easy schedule
> 6) FFX (3-7) easy schedule

My thoughts on this conference

SOCO (7-3) will be better then last year, but they dont have that go to guy like they had in Spaulding. Remember Woodson upset them last year

Woodson (7-3) is the wild card, they bring a lot of solid players back, who got a lot of playing time last year. Do they have enough to contend with LB and SOCO?

LB (6-4) has a young QB and although he may be pretty good, I think they will struggle as that offense goes through the QB. Do they have enough skill players to take some of the pressure off the young QB?

Robinson (5-5) unless they can throw the ball, they will struggle. I dont think they will contend. They are to 1 dementional

WS (4-6) they have a pretty good QB, just not enough players around him to contend.

FFX (4-6) They will be improved this year, they played a lot of young players last year. Will that be enough to contend?

Posted by: VWJBY ()
Date: June 10, 2018 05:30PM

UAFool Wrote:
> First of all Yorktown isn’t in the patriot
> district. 2nd of all, WTW, WS, and FFX all suck
> and won’t beat the top 3. LB, SOCO, and ROBO
> will decide who wins and it will probably remain
> that way as long as the district stays the same.
> I’d say:
> 1) LB (8-2) tough schedule
> 2) ROBO (7-3) avg schedule
> 3) SOCO (6-4) tough schedule
> 4) WTW (5-5) easy schedule
> 5) WS (4-6) easy schedule
> 6) FFX (3-7) easy schedule

Yorktown is not in the Patriot but Bruins still have to face them in the regular season. Never was FHS mentioned as being able to knock off LB

Posted by: K4HPP ()
Date: June 10, 2018 07:59PM

Gerrrymanderrerrrr Wrote:
> Previous poster could not have been more correct
> when talking about Champe sucking this upcoming
> season and in the near future. They lost a ton of
> talent and almost all of their contributors were
> seniors. Despite having athletes all over the
> field last year, their defense was completely
> overmatched as the top Loudoun 5A teams scored at
> will against them. That was with size and speed!
> Now, take away all of that size and speed and see
> what happens! Speaks more about how average and
> unathletic Centreville was (and is!) that Champe
> smacked them around. And don't tell me that it is
> because the Loudoun schools know Champe and
> Centreville didn't. SB, Tusky, and BR all played
> Champe for the first time last year.

I think it had more to do with the coaching staff’s hubris and that trickling down to the players, remember Champe was coming up from 4A last year and I honestly think CVHS thought it was going to be a cake walk. Haddock spent Aug telling anyone within ear shot that ‘17 team had the same talent level and reminded him of the state championship team. Boy was he delusional.

Posted by: Best of the worst ()
Date: June 12, 2018 06:29PM

Who wins more games this year?
Herndon
Chantilly
Fairfax
Oakton
Lee

Posted by: Best of the worst pt.2 ()
Date: June 12, 2018 07:19PM

Best of the worst Wrote:
> Who wins more games this year?
> Herndon
> Chantilly
> Fairfax
> Oakton
> Lee

You forgot the Mighty Highlanders of McLean

Posted by: BOTWP 3 ()
Date: June 12, 2018 08:43PM

Best of the worst pt.2 Wrote:
> Best of the worst Wrote:
> -----
> > Who wins more games this year?
> > Herndon
> > Chantilly
> > Fairfax
> > Oakton
> > Lee
>
>
> You forgot the Mighty Highlanders of McLean

I see your Highlander and raise you with the Saxons of Langley.

Posted by: BWHUP ()
Date: June 14, 2018 06:07PM

http://www.ultimaterecruit.com/nova-football/ryan-smith-new-era-oakton/

Coach seems nice enough but wonder if he knows his top RB is heading to SB & QB is heading to Hayfield. Say hello to 1-9. Gonna miss those Rowley years.

Posted by: lp7tc ()
Date: June 17, 2018 09:28PM

Too early in the am Wrote:
> Somebody has been drinking early this morning.
> Champe was 0-4 vs SB, Tusky & BR how the fuck do
> you expect them to beat WHS or Woodbridge or OS?
> Their all-world Rb CG3 is gone so is their QB and
> several top kids. Expect them to go 6-4 maybe even
> 5-5 this year. Plus the youth program at Dulles
> South sucks, which is a pretty good indicator of
> what kind of upcoming talent you have going into
> Hs. Gainesville American Pride VYI BRYC & SYA all
> have strong programs and their respective high
> schools do well.

Champe just kicked everyone's ass today at the Westfield 7x7. Shows what you know. Champe is gonna dominate 6A when they get there.

Posted by: Not Real Fball ()
Date: June 17, 2018 10:08PM

7v7 is not real football and has little correlation to success in real football. Champs may be very good, but today’s events prove absolutely nothing.

Posted by: Relax son ()
Date: June 17, 2018 10:17PM

Quit spreading fake news. Champe got dogged by WHS today.

Posted by: DHEEL ()
Date: June 18, 2018 07:01AM

Relax son Wrote:
> Quit spreading fake news. Champe got dogged by WHS
> today.

WHS won this tourney for the first time in a while, and looked quite good in doing so. The kids and coaches do not take the 7v7 seriously at all, treating it as a fun event. The number of offensive targets they have I have not seen since the school opened. If they can replace the talent lost in the lines, this team could challenge for one of the best ever at WHS.

Posted by: maddad ()
Date: June 19, 2018 03:48PM

Was at the Westfeild 7x7. Westfeild isn't that special. Sure they have some good players but don't get the hype. They are not better than a lot of other teams. They could easily go 7-3 losing to Braddok, Suouth Cuounty and Centerville. they had a lot things go right for them last years. Not likely going to happen again

Posted by: umad ()
Date: June 19, 2018 04:14PM

..and that's what everyone has been saying the past 3 years and Westfield keeps winning lol...

Posted by: Character ()
Date: June 19, 2018 05:19PM

maddad Wrote:
> Was at the Westfeild 7x7. Westfeild isn't that
> special. Sure they have some good players but
> don't get the hype. They are not better than a
> lot of other teams. They could easily go 7-3
> losing to Braddok, Suouth Cuounty and Centerville.
> they had a lot things go right for them last
> years. Not likely going to happen again

I saw a couple of their games Sunday, and couldn't disagree more. And I'm not a Westfield guy, first time I ever saw them.

They have good athletes, not great ones, and are very well coached. Their qb knew where he was going with the ball before the snap, based on his pre-snap reads. He wasn't waiting to see what developed. He might go to his second option, but I don't ever remember seeing him go to the third. Their receivers caught the ball quickly and efficiently, then got up field. They didn't do a lot of extra running, they just got to the goal line. Their defense played their responsibilities, rarely bit on the fakes, and did their job. I'm pretty sure they know how to hit and tackle.

As much as I hate to say this on this site, you could tell the level of coaching there was much better than their competition. I have no problem seeing them going undefeated again this year, although LB will give them some problems.

Posted by: maddad ()
Date: June 19, 2018 06:30PM

I grant you their receivers was very efficent. did not drop the balls and was getting open at will. The tall kid is going to be a problem for defenses. but still it is not like they are on the level of a Spalding or someone like that.

Posted by: And your point is ()
Date: June 19, 2018 06:45PM

maddad Wrote:
> I grant you their receivers was very efficent.
> did not drop the balls and was getting open at
> will. The tall kid is going to be a problem for
> defenses. but still it is not like they are on
> the level of a Spalding or someone like that.

SO what exactly did South County do with all of Spalding's talent, team wise I mean? Westfield very rarely has kids going to top FBS let alone FCS schools. Over the past few years mainly D2 & D3 with the exception of lower FCS caliber schools and service academies. The previous poster was spot on, it's the coaching, it's also the program, they get kids to buy into the team concept, not individual stats. That's probably why they've been able to beat Oscar Smith the past 3 years in the title game. Anyone who watched those games probably would agree there was far more individual talent on the OS sideline but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Posted by: ready4sumfootball ()
Date: June 19, 2018 08:25PM

LB will be very tough this year, maybe the most talented team they have had in a long time.

With Doc and the coaching staff having a full year to work with these players, Westfield, Stone Bridge and the likes, better watch out!

This isn't like the old LB teams, this team stands for Accountability, Toughness -Discipline and Significance. This team is going places.

As been quoted on this board several times, "LB has the Best Coaching Staff in the State" the region will see this year, why everyone is saying that.

Posted by: JYM3Y ()
Date: June 20, 2018 07:59AM

VA-Preps 5A & 6A thread is dead

Posted by: Character ()
Date: June 20, 2018 09:14AM

ready4sumfootball Wrote:
> LB will be very tough this year, maybe the most
> talented team they have had in a long time.
>
> With Doc and the coaching staff having a full year
> to work with these players, Westfield, Stone
> Bridge and the likes, better watch out!
>
> This isn't like the old LB teams, this team stands
> for Accountability, Toughness -Discipline and
> Significance. This team is going places.
>
>
> As been quoted on this board several times, "LB
> has the Best Coaching Staff in the State" the
> region will see this year, why everyone is saying
> that.

I wouldn't day the LB coaching staff is great, but they are not bad. They have a well designed offense, but rely more on the receivers getting open than designing plays that get them open. They seem to be in love with that young qb, and that's going to bite them. He fine throwing into space, but struggles with tight coverage, which he will see a lot of during the season. They actually have a better qb on the team, but he doesn't have a big brother carrying water at Alabama. I'm sure the father had something to do with the decision at qb.

The LB defense will struggle against the precision of an offense like Westfield, and maybe SoCo, if they can keep their route 1 kids from going route 1 every game. Its possible the Robinson offense could cause them trouble, but the Robo coaches have no interest whatsoever in understanding how to defend a passing game, so LB should easily be able to outscore them.

Posted by: whonos ()
Date: June 20, 2018 09:27AM

Braddock had more talent last year then any team in the region and had 4 losses.
I dont see the same talent this year.

I just dont see Braddock contending, name 1 signature win they had last year?
SOCO had a down year. Everyone else they beat had a losing record

When they played Stone Bridge, Westfield and Woodbridge they got crushed

Posted by: DNEJU ()
Date: June 20, 2018 09:32AM

Don’t forget LB also lost to West Po last year.

Posted by: Robo fan ()
Date: June 20, 2018 10:02AM

>
> The LB defense will struggle against the precision
> of an offense like Westfield, and maybe SoCo, if
> they can keep their route 1 kids from going route
> 1 every game. Its possible the Robinson offense
> could cause them trouble, but the Robo coaches
> have no interest whatsoever in understanding how
> to defend a passing game, so LB should easily be
> able to outscore them.

Very true statement. Robinson gets a lot of grief about their offense but in reality their offense is pretty effective. Their defense, particularly their pass defense has let them down the last couple years.

Posted by: MHS ()
Date: June 20, 2018 04:45PM

maddad Wrote:
> Was at the Westfeild 7x7. Westfeild isn't that
> special. Sure they have some good players but
> don't get the hype. They are not better than a
> lot of other teams. They could easily go 7-3
> losing to Braddok, Suouth Cuounty and Centerville.
> they had a lot things go right for them last
> years. Not likely going to happen again

CVHS...? really? lol. Chantilly may beat them this year. This by far the smallest and unathketic team in a long while. They def got worse this year with the graduating seniors and some key players leaving/moving. OL/DL will not be your typical Wildcat lines of old, big & physical. HC May retire after seeing what he has to work with on this team in July

Posted by: FTCTH ()
Date: June 20, 2018 05:13PM

ROBO is not built to over come deficits. They are a front running team. One holding penalty stalls their drives and if they ever face a dominant front DL forget it, or an athletic one and nothing has seemed to have changed over there. Hopefully they’ll have a 6-4 season and make the playoffs.

Posted by: FB Observer ()
Date: June 20, 2018 05:43PM

FTCTH Wrote:
> ROBO is not built to over come deficits. They are
> a front running team. One holding penalty stalls
> their drives and if they ever face a dominant
> front DL forget it, or an athletic one and nothing
> has seemed to have changed over there. Hopefully
> they’ll have a 6-4 season and make the playoffs.

I think what you said above is true for about 90% of all HS football teams. Most can’t overcome penalties or dominate defenses. The ones that can generally have an elite prospect or two that make the difference. Westfield is the only area team that’s had consistent success the pst few years without a difference maker on offense and even that’s arguable now with their QB and WR who will play at the next level.

Posted by: Early favorites ()
Date: June 21, 2018 12:46PM

Who’s seriously has a chance to knock off WHS this year? Pls the coach Doc/LB fanboy/supporter, save us all the time and don’t reply with your dribble. No one believes it, we all know you’re a troll. Will it be PWCO school or FFXCO school?

Posted by: Regionwatcher ()
Date: June 21, 2018 05:05PM

I think this year you will see a changing of the guard in many districts. Other than WHS I can see new district champs. WSHS, YHS, WTW, CHS, MTV, TCW, BHS improve while some of the teams that have enjoyed success the past few years will take a step back, SL, CVHS, LB, SoCo. WHS should count their lucky stars they don’t play 5A this year.

Date: June 21, 2018 07:21PM

I dont think anyone from FFX County will beat Westfield this yea, I do believe Woodbridge has a chance to beat them in the playoffs

Here are my thoughts

1. Westfield - Do i really need to say anything

2. Woodbridge - Could be the sleeper of the bunch. Always athletic and well coached and will do big things. Keep an eye on them

3. Freedom - Played well all last season except for 1 game. They will be tough again this year. This coach will out work everyone else

4. Centreville - Good athletes good system. QB could be the difference maker

5. Battlefield - Well coached, but too plain vanilla scheme to win the region

6. Hylton - Always has good athletes, but no Ricky Slade this year

7. South County - Lots of athletes, coming off a
down year, look for them to rebound in a big way

8. West Potomac - Good athletes, good coaching staff coming off a down year. They will be tough.

9. Hayfield - If they can keep their players on the field, very athletic, watch out for them

10.South Lakes - Will be tough again this year, how tough will depend on the new QB

Posted by: Regionwatcher ()
Date: June 21, 2018 09:23PM

regionguy Wrote:
> I dont think anyone from FFX County will beat
> Westfield this yea, I do believe Woodbridge has a
> chance to beat them in the playoffs
>
>
> Here are my thoughts
>
>
> 1. Westfield - Do i really need to say anything
~~ Can they fill the void on O&D-lines 75&97.
>
> 2. Woodbridge - Could be the sleeper of the bunch.
> Always athletic and well coached and will do big
> things. Keep an eye on them
~~The QB situation is where you need to pay attention to with them, does last year’s QB return? If not, back up is nowhere near as good.

>
> 3. Freedom - Played well all last season except
> for 1 game. They will be tough again this year.
> This coach will out work everyone else
~~will they regress to the means? Was last year all AJ-50? Don’t see them running the table like last year, AJ was just that good!

>
> 4. Centreville - Good athletes good system. QB
> could be the difference maker
~~lost a lot of size, O&D-lines not like Wildcats of old. 6-4

>
> 5. Battlefield - Well coached, but too plain
> vanilla scheme to win the region
~~they need to worry about Patriot & Stonewall as both teams will be better this year.

>
> 6. Hylton - Always has good athletes, but no Ricky
> Slade this year
~~good thing for all pwco teams that he is gone except for them.

>
> 7. South County - Lots of athletes, coming off a
> down year, look for them to rebound in a big way
~~they had big physical team and Spalding, if you can’t win with that I don’t see how you can win without them.

>
> 8. West Potomac - Good athletes, good coaching
> staff coming off a down year. They will be tough.
~~lost a lot of speed at wr & rb and senior QB.

>
> 9. Hayfield - If they can keep their players on
> the field, very athletic, watch out for them
~~coach Henderson recruited Oakton QB, someone who could’ve got Cobbs the ball but it’s a year too late. Couldn’t win with Cobbs, can’t see how you’re better without him.

>
> 10.South Lakes - Will be tough again this year,
> how tough will depend on the new QB
~~it will be some lean years with no Mensah or Alston or Miles.
Look for some of those teams they beat up on look to extract some measure of revenge and this could be the year they do it.

Sleeper teams no particular order. MTV. ROBO. WTW. Chantilly will win a few games that will surprise some people. Mad. Yorktown. Patriot (size and sr QB and big wr’s). Stonewall-athletes! West Springfield & TCW

Posted by: n7ywh ()
Date: June 21, 2018 11:00PM

Speaking of 5A, who had a better recruiting off-season: Stone Bridge or Broad Run. I hear they have both landed a few significant transfers. I haven't heard anything from Tuscarora so I suppose they are going to be missing Bennett.

Posted by: LOCOwatcher ()
Date: June 22, 2018 01:34PM

doesnt matter. Inevitable Highland Sorings wins it all again this year. This year’s team is even better than the last one. 3hr drive to Hampton to sit in the cold for 3hrs then drive back 3hrs to say you’re the runner up.
“If you ain’t first, you’re last”
“2nd place is the first loser”
- Ricky Bobby

Posted by: Old Man Fairfax ()
Date: June 23, 2018 10:13AM

nottheregionguy Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> Their program is slumping. New coach (although I
> guess he'd been around). Fewer kids going out for
> football. It's probably going to continue to be
> rough times for Langley football.

I doubt Langley will have enough players for their freshman football team this fall.

Posted by: Sad Saxons ()
Date: June 23, 2018 10:48AM

Old Man Fairfax Wrote:
> nottheregionguy Wrote:
> -
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > Their program is slumping. New coach (although
> I
> > guess he'd been around). Fewer kids going out
> for
> > football. It's probably going to continue to
> be
> > rough times for Langley football.
>
>
> I doubt Langley will have enough players for their
> freshman football team this fall.

Enrollment is slumping. People with kids want to live closer in (enrollments are up at Yorktown, McLean, Marshall) and there are lots of rich parents the Langley district sending their kids to privates.

Plus more Asian kids at LHS, and higher income parents are more likely to keep their kids from playing football due to CTE concerns. They'll let the beefy white kids elsewhere give themselves concussions and watch their own kids get scholarships for golf, soccer or lacrosse.

Posted by: 9HF6T ()
Date: June 23, 2018 03:54PM

SadSaxon should stop whining and making excuses. Plenty of schools deal with the same issue you described. Marshall has seem to come back from the dead, we’ll see if the HC can keep it going or will the 60-7 beat down from the playoff game have a lingering effect. Maybe if they played tougher regular season games it would help prepare them for post season, scheduling 2A schools definitely won’t help with that.

Posted by: Uh...Huh ()
Date: June 23, 2018 11:38PM

Dude.... George Mason is physically the nearest high school to Marshall.

Posted by: Uh...huh what? ()
Date: June 24, 2018 12:58PM

Uh...Huh Wrote:
> Dude.... George Mason is physically the nearest
> high school to Marshall.

And your dumb comment/point is? Proximity has nothing to do with schedule. GMHS is class 2 you dumb fuck, way below GCM class 6, they shouldn’t be playing each other even if they are so close to each (as closely related as your mother and father are). AD’s at the schools booked that one.

Date: June 24, 2018 03:15PM

They wus dumb smart 'cause the bonus for class differential was what drove their high seeding into the playoffs.

Posted by: P4MYD ()
Date: June 24, 2018 03:41PM

Uh...Huh... Wrote:
> They wus dumb smart 'cause the bonus for class
> differential was what drove their high seeding
> into the playoffs.

Should’ve went with that statement instead of mentioning how close they are to each other. That logic did nothing to help them cuz they got thoroughly embarrassed by Patriot 60-7. Maybe next time schedule teams that will help prepare you for playoffs regardless of seeding.

Posted by: Uh..Huh... ()
Date: June 24, 2018 04:36PM

They should have seen it coming considering how badly James Madison stepped on them to open the season...and the Warhawks were playing second team beginning somewhere in the 3rd quarter.

Posted by: South Lakes Most Likely ()
Date: June 25, 2018 08:05PM

South Lakes looks to take the championship this year.

Posted by: Ha Ha! ()
Date: June 25, 2018 09:08PM

South Lakes Most Likely Wrote:
> South Lakes looks to take the championship this
> year.

You couldn’t do it with Mensah & Alston & Miles, what makes you think you’ll come remotely close to the success without them? Good luck beating Yorktown. Your soft schedule does not prepare you for the playoffs. You all play one decent team, CVHS. 7-3 and out in 2nd rd of playoffs.

Posted by: CX6KM ()
Date: June 25, 2018 09:09PM

Ha Ha! Wrote:
> South Lakes Most Likely Wrote:
> -----
> > South Lakes looks to take the championship this
> > year.
>
>
> You couldn’t do it with Mensah & Alston & Miles,
> what makes you think you’ll come remotely close
> to the success without them? Good luck beating
> Yorktown. Your soft schedule does not prepare you
> for the playoffs. You all play one decent team,
> CVHS. 7-3 and out in 2nd rd of playoffs.

Be even better if SL gets bounced at the hands of WHS again.

Date: June 25, 2018 10:09PM

Madison will want first dibs after they were embarrassed last year in the playoffs... Scheme is one thing...making it work is another and Mensah, Alston and Miles were very, very good at it.

Posted by: DPHYU ()
Date: June 26, 2018 09:41AM

Uh...Huh... Wrote:
> Madison will want first dibs after they were
> embarrassed last year in the playoffs... Scheme
> is one thing...making it work is another and
> Mensah, Alston and Miles were very, very good at
> it.

Even without Mensah Alston Miles, will be tough for MHS to knock off SL, they lost a lot also. It will be a lot closer though.

Posted by: JYBMY ()
Date: June 28, 2018 05:39PM

Recruit NVA article in new Potomac coach has him sounding very optimistic, how will PWCO do?
Still ?
1. freedom w
2. Woodbridge
3. Hylton
4. Potomac
?
?

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 25

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.