HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 25
Re: High School Football 2018
Posted by: Yellow Brick Road ()
Date: February 09, 2018 04:44PM

This past LB team needed the Wizard of Oz cuz had no heart, staff had no brains. Staff & team were scared shitless to step off their buses to face that Woodbridge team.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Oakton ()
Date: February 11, 2018 09:52PM

Which of Oakton’s former staff has moved to Chantilly?

Posted by: Character ()
Date: February 12, 2018 11:13AM

I've read through all of the HS Football threads, and can't always tell which LB poster are serious and which are tolls, but enough has been said about Coach Doc "teaching those boys character", I just have to through this out there.

Regarding personal character, LB was one of the worst team in the region last year under Doc. It's not unusual for players to mouth off on the field during plays, in fact, that's part of the game. But LB had a group of players who would stand on the sideline spending most of the game talking to opposing players. It was very evident on kickoff's but happened throughout the game.

After the Robinson game, one of the LB players said something to a Robinson player during post game handshake that resulted in the Robinson player throwing a punch. The Robo player, the best player on their team, was suspended by Robinson's coach for two weeks, including a crucial game against SoCo. The LB kid missed no playing time. The words the player used were far worst that what the previous coach had been fired for.

Going back to last spring during 7v7, the LB players were constantly running their mouths to the point starting fights on the field. In fact, during the Falls Church tournament, at least two fights started, one involving LB coaches. Neither of the other teams had any issues in any other games.

I have never met the last coach, and wouldn't know him if he started talking to me, but I know this type of stuff never happened when he was there. I don't meant that as a judgement on him, but more as a point to say Coach Doc and the new staff are certainly not teaching those kids about character. They may be talking about it, but the proof is in actions, not words.

So stop with all of crap about teaching those boys to be men. And start holding the new staff accountable for their actions.

Posted by: it is all about Westfield ()
Date: February 12, 2018 02:06PM

Don't worry "Character," it is all about Westfield anyway - no other team matters

Posted by: LB Insider ()
Date: February 12, 2018 02:41PM

Coach Doc is a good guy. He gets caught up in hyping up his program a little too much but he does things above the board and expects the kids to do the same.
As far as the Robinson situation goes I don’t think the coaches have any issues with each other. I was told the Robinson coach helped a couple LB kids get some college looks. He wouldn’t have done that if he felt like Coach Doc didn’t handle the situation fairly.

Posted by: a few questions ()
Date: February 12, 2018 06:50PM

Coach Doc may be a good guy, but 8-4 with the team he had, isn't going to cut it.

They were totally dominated and intimidated in the losses they had. Its one thing to get beat, but to get dominated and be scared playing any team, is a joke. The staff did not have them ready to play against Woodbridge, Stone Bridge or Westfield. All the other teams had losing records.

They have an extremely talented class coming back this year that is expected to do big things. If not, I don't expect Doc and staff to be around very long.

The Bruins boosters will expect a lot more this year, then what they saw last year.

Posted by: What the? ()
Date: February 18, 2018 07:56AM

Does Lee still fire a cannon in the end zone when they score? If not, what year did that stop and why?

Posted by: nwkyx ()
Date: February 25, 2018 12:43PM

Is Kalin Jean going to be the main running back for Centreville this fall? I heard a lot of good things about him but with the centreivlle glut of RBs he never got a chance last season.

Posted by: MB ()
Date: February 25, 2018 04:55PM

Doesn't matter Lake Braddock has the most talent coming back and the best staff in the state. They will find a way to get it done this year

Posted by: GetoffLBstaff'sd##ks ()
Date: February 25, 2018 09:18PM

Yeah right, LB staff blows. They UNDERachieved this past season despite having loads of talented and experienced players. They got embarrassed by Westfield, Stone Bridge and Woodbridge and lost to a down West Po team! This year, LB's staff will have even less talented players to work with. At best, they'll go 6-4 and will lose in the first round of the playoffs. Best staff in the state???? GTFO. Coach P was a much better coach than Doc.

Posted by: Freedom-Woodbridge here ()
Date: February 26, 2018 08:39AM

LB coaching staff were scared to face us and they passed that down to their team. Those boys had legit fear in their eyes and did not want to play us in the payoff game. Coach Doc remembered how he got his ass beat by PWCO schools when he was at SJHS. I heard they left a trail of twinkies out of the locker room onto the field to get him back out after halftime.

Posted by: 6NKHW ()
Date: February 26, 2018 10:30PM

Wildcats have Edmonds & Wright coming back their SR year at RB while Price & Ramos will be the JR RB’s who got the bulk of the work on JV last season. Look for Kalin to be more of a pass catcher as Haddock will try to capitalize on Egberts throwing ability to Jean who’s a good size target, he’s about 6’-6’1”. But if you have 2 legs CVHS will list you as a RB.

Posted by: nwkyx ()
Date: February 27, 2018 07:47PM

6NKHW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wildcats have Edmonds & Wright coming back their
> SR year at RB while Price & Ramos will be the JR
> RB’s who got the bulk of the work on JV last
> season. Look for Kalin to be more of a pass
> catcher as Haddock will try to capitalize on
> Egberts throwing ability to Jean who’s a good
> size target, he’s about 6’-6’1”. But if
> you have 2 legs CVHS will list you as a RB.

I thought Wright was a senior. I guess not. Centreville will loaded again. Edmonds and Wright will be a tough duo.

Posted by: SL alum ()
Date: February 27, 2018 07:50PM

SL will be the dark hourse. They’ve been improving every year.

Posted by: regionguy ()
Date: February 27, 2018 09:11PM

Why are people pimping this guy from LB?, he is terrible!

I agree LB was much better under coach P then they are with these clowns from Woodson.

This guy, coach doc, how did he even get the job at LB?
He only had one winning season as a head coach

Looks like he is taking a once proud program and turning them into an average program.

Sorry LB faithful, I don't see you competing with the top teams for awhile

Posted by: U must be high ()
Date: February 27, 2018 09:17PM

SL alum Wrote:
> SL will be the dark hourse. They’ve been
> improving every year.

The 2 reasons why SL was any good past 4 year graduates and there is no one walking the halls of SL that will come close to filling Mensah & Alston’s cleats. Be lucky to be above .500 from here on out. Yorktown gonna tax y’alls asses and give some retribution back on SL.

Posted by: NOVA Football fan ()
Date: March 01, 2018 12:45PM

U must be high Wrote:
> SL alum Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > SL will be the dark hourse. They’ve been
> > improving every year.
>
> The 2 reasons why SL was any good past 4 year
> graduates and there is no one walking the halls of
> SL that will come close to filling Mensah &
> Alston’s cleats. Be lucky to be above .500 from
> here on out. Yorktown gonna tax y’alls asses and
> give some retribution back on SL.

In reality, SL owes much of their success to being in the Liberty Conference (both pre- and post- realignment). Having guaranteed wins against Herndon, Langley, and McLean does wonders for your record. Really don't see that changing.

Posted by: all about Westfield ()
Date: March 01, 2018 01:08PM

When will you people learn, it is all about Westfield.

Posted by: T4DBF ()
Date: March 01, 2018 01:21PM

SL def benefits from being in a weak division but they will have this up coming season a lot tougher, they won’t be winning double digit games like they have in the past few years, Herndon will be a tougher out for them, watch! Also being in such a poor division and playing a soft regular season schedule did no favors for them come playoff time, gave themselves a false sense of security and well you know the rest, 3 years of getting drubbed by the Bulldogs.

Posted by: It's never all about any 1 team ()
Date: March 06, 2018 10:30AM

all about Westfield Wrote:
> When will you people learn, it is all about
> Westfield.

I heard Kyle Simmons give a talk recently. He said that he believes he's found a formula which works for them. I guess it's just a matter figuring out his formula. Know your enemy, know you opponent, take down your opponent.

I have a friend who moved up to a head coaching position recently. If Westfield makes it again to the final game, I am confident my friend will be facing him. I will be there to see Westfield's bubble pop. Oscar Smith has had their 3 chances. This coming season will be different.

Posted by: 7NY6H ()
Date: March 06, 2018 03:28PM

Curious as what school you feel is ready to beat WHS? To Simmon’s credit, nobody even Simmon’s himself thought they would win it all this year, they were a year ahead of schedule. If your talking Colonial Forge, they need to say their own dragon first before thinking about WHS.

Posted by: big k ()
Date: March 06, 2018 10:47PM

Lake Braddock is ready to beat Westfield and this year, they have the team to do it.

As stated previously on this site, Doc has had a full year of preparation and LB will be the team to beat this year.

Are you ready for some football?....Lake Braddock is!!!!!

Posted by: LBsucs ()
Date: March 07, 2018 05:41PM

Yes, as always LB will sweep into the playoffs and then hit the wall! Failure is their mantra in the post season. It's going to take more than a Doc to fix it!

Posted by: UVXTK ()
Date: March 07, 2018 06:27PM

Best thing to come out of LB is the fat, bloviating afternoon drive radio host on 106.7 and he sucks donkey dicks!

Posted by: Timmy Twitter ()
Date: March 08, 2018 02:09PM

Stuart/Justice can't be looking that good. Their coach bolted for Potomac yesterday.

Posted by: Quiet man ()
Date: March 19, 2018 12:11PM

THis thread has been quiet?

Posted by: because dummy ()
Date: March 19, 2018 01:04PM

because dummy Westfield is all that matters

Posted by: Because dummy! ()
Date: March 19, 2018 07:07PM

Who else matters?

Posted by: UXLYW ()
Date: March 19, 2018 07:19PM

Until someone knocks off Bulldogs, this thread is dead.

Posted by: docnobest ()
Date: March 19, 2018 09:02PM

You heard it here first!!!!
Lake Braddock will beat Westfield this year in the regular season and the playoffs

Doc has had a full year to build the program and they are doing really big things there. They have a lot of talent coming back this year and have bought into the Doc way, Character, Toughness and Discipline.

This is not the Braddock teams of the past, this is the new Bruins, Accountability, Energy and Tempo.

Combine all that with what most people are saying in the region, the "Best Staff in the State" I think you will agree, Lake Braddock is the team to beat

Posted by: jpdxh ()
Date: March 23, 2018 11:13AM

I see a lot of teams have their fall schedule out. Looks like Westfield is scrimmaging with St. Johns and DeMetha. Centreville has Annandale and Hylton.

Posted by: Oakton Cougars ()
Date: April 02, 2018 10:37AM

I know I will get smacked down immediately but I am hearing some good things about some of the kids that will be playing for Oakton this fall. I really wonder how far off they are from a winning season and making the playoffs.

Date: April 02, 2018 02:17PM

Westfield is the team to beat!!!!!
They have the best coaching staff in the state!!!

Top 5

1. Westfield - Do i really need to say anything
2. Centreville - Good athletes good system. QB could be the difference maker
3. Madison - Big on both lines, will give Westfield trouble
4. South County - Lots of athletes, coming off a down year, look for them to rebound in a big way
5. Robinson - Size and skill, good defense good running game, but can they throw the ball

Best of the rest

West Potomac - Good athletes, good coaching staff coming off a down year. They will be tough
South Lakes - Lost the big 3...but will still have good athletes to beat most teams
Hayfield - Always a contender, but finds ways to lose games they should win
TCW - Always dangerous with the athletes they have
Yorktown - Young team last year, will surprise a few teams this year

Posted by: Oakton...? ()
Date: April 02, 2018 02:26PM

They lost their top RB, left for Stone Bridge. At best, 4-6. South Lakes will be down this year, and they should beat Herndon this time. So win vs Langley & Chantilly.

Posted by: Why no PWCS? ()
Date: April 02, 2018 02:41PM

regionguy Wrote:
> Westfield is the team to beat!!!!!
> They have the best coaching staff in the state!!!
>
> Top 5
>
> 1. Westfield - Do i really need to say anything
> 2. Centreville - Good athletes good system. QB
> could be the difference maker
> 3. Madison - Big on both lines, will give
> Westfield trouble
> 4. South County - Lots of athletes, coming off a
> down year, look for them to rebound in a big way
> 5. Robinson - Size and skill, good defense good
> running game, but can they throw the ball
>
> Best of the rest
>
> West Potomac - Good athletes, good coaching staff
> coming off a down year. They will be tough
> South Lakes - Lost the big 3...but will still have
> good athletes to beat most teams
> Hayfield - Always a contender, but finds ways to
> lose games they should win
> TCW - Always dangerous with the athletes they
> have
> Yorktown - Young team last year, will surprise a
> few teams this year

Curious why you left out Freedom W, Woodbridge, Hylton, Patriot & Battlefield?
If it weren’t for WHS, PWCS pretty much dominated FCPS in playoffs. All of those teams return key players and look loaded as any FPCS if not more.

Posted by: nottheregionguy ()
Date: April 02, 2018 03:30PM

its faifax underground so hes probably just talking fairfax teams.

Posted by: But... ()
Date: April 02, 2018 04:22PM

Thread is “high school football 2018”. Not FCPS HS football. Not 6A HS football &
Region guy & delusional Lake Braddock poster ref best coaching staff in the “state” so your argument is null and void. Be best to include and acknowledge those PWCS cuz they have superior talent and aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Posted by: N9C7V ()
Date: April 02, 2018 04:48PM

Agree that SL better days are behind them, Yorktown will be the Cinderella team this year. Probably go 9-1 in regular season and beats SL this year to win their division.

http://www.ultimaterecruit.com/nova-football/unique-dual-qb-approach-breeds-success-yorktown/

Posted by: all about Westfield ()
Date: April 02, 2018 05:29PM

Westfield is all that matters.

Date: April 02, 2018 06:21PM

I didn't include PW because the name of the site is Fairfax Underground. There is no doubt Woodbridge, Freedom, Hylton, Battlefield are all very good teams and will be playing in late November.

Yes, I said Westfield has the best coaching staff in the state. Its not in reference to anything, but it is a true statement. Do you disagree?

I think my ranking are very fair from what I can see returning.

Posted by: PCUYE ()
Date: April 02, 2018 08:37PM

FU is the medium, the thread is High School football 2018, so what’s your point? Plenty of things discussed outside of Fairfax boundaries on FU. Region guy, you can choose to ignore us but that doesn’t make us go away.
PWCS top 5 is better than FCPS top 5 (except WHS) but overall better than FCPS.

Posted by: justsayinit ()
Date: April 02, 2018 10:43PM

Region guy gave his opinion on his top 5 and why he didn't pick any PW schools, why blast him for it?

I would much rather see that type of thing, then all that Braddock is the best crap from those Braddock trolls

Posted by: kckmd ()
Date: April 02, 2018 10:44PM

Westfield and Centreville have won 4 state titles since a single team from Prince William County or Loudoun County have taken a championship. As both are from Fairfax County I would suggest the Loudoun and Prince William County detractors win something before they start talking trash.

Posted by: VEUE7 ()
Date: April 03, 2018 05:32PM

justsayinit Wrote:
> Region guy gave his opinion on his top 5 and why
> he didn't pick any PW schools, why blast him for
> it?
>
> I would much rather see that type of thing, then
> all that Braddock is the best crap from those
> Braddock trolls

I agree with previous poster that it’s not much of a top 5 if you exclude PWCS since they are in the North region. Would like to see his top 10 that includes those schools and his analysis, which I do think is very insightful.

Date: April 03, 2018 11:28PM

Here is my look at the region. for what its worth

1. Westfield - Do i really need to say anything

2. Freedom - Played well all last season except for 1 game. They will be tough again this year. This coach will out work everyone else

3. Woodbridge - Could be the sleeper of the bunch. Always athletic and well coached and will do big things. Keep an eye on them

4. Centreville - Good athletes good system. QB could be the difference maker

5. Madison - Big on both lines, will give Westfield and others trouble.

6. Hylton - Always has good athletes, but no Ricky Slade this year

7. South County - Lots of athletes, coming off a
down year, look for them to rebound in a big way

8. Battlefield - Well coached, but too plain vanilla scheme to win the region

9. Robinson - Size and skill, good defense good
running game, but can they throw the ball

10. West Potomac - Good athletes, good coaching staff coming off a down year. They will be tough.

Posted by: Region guy- misnomer ()
Date: April 04, 2018 09:26AM

nottheregionguy Wrote:
> its faifax underground so hes probably just
> talking fairfax teams.

If you go by “Region Guy” I think you should include the entire region, not just a segment, cuz then he should go by “segment region guy”.

RG, thank you for your top 10. I think to add to it, teams on the bubble, you’d have to include Patriot, W.Springfield, Yorktown & Woodson.

Date: April 04, 2018 11:58AM

Bubble teams in no particular order:

Patriot - I haven't seen them, so i cant really comment

West Springfield - Not a lot coming back look for a down year

Yorktown - Young team last year, will surprise a few teams this year.

Woodson - Could surprise a few more teams like they did South County last year

South Lakes - Lost the big 3...but will still have good athletes to beat most teams

Hayfield - Always a contender, but finds ways to lose games they should win

TCW - Always dangerous with the athletes they have

LB - Look for a down year. No returning QB for team who likes to throw. Defense will have to carry them. Has some decent athletes

Mt Vernon - The schedule makes their record look better then they usually are

Oakton - New coach, wait and see

Chantilly - They have to be better then last year, they will win a few games this year

Posted by: nottheregionguy ()
Date: April 04, 2018 12:52PM

Unless Woodbridge has a good off-season of recruiting they will be down this year. Yes they return a few studs but they are losing a ton of talent. The team I saw in the region final was as big and athletic a team as you will find in high school (other than the privates).

Patriot brings back an under-rated QB but their most dynamic players are gone.

Posted by: PWC observer ()
Date: April 04, 2018 01:07PM

Don’t count out the ability of the PWC schools to recruit. There’s a reason why they usually have a couple extremely talented teams and the rest are downright awful. HYLTON, WOODBRIDGE, and FREEDOM will reload from outside their building. They have plenty of experience in doing so.

Posted by: novafb ()
Date: April 04, 2018 04:29PM

Westfield, Centreville, Madison and South County and maybe Robinson should be at the top. If Robinson can be a bit more creative in the offensive scheme they could be a major contender. South Lakes is losing a lot but Coach Taylor will have the boys competing hard.

Bubble teams might be:

TCW - Coach L has done an outstanding job, be on the look out for the Titans
Yorktown - Coach H has a few athletes returning this season and decent lower programs
West Potomac - A few athletes but coaching needs to be stepped up a notch
Hayfield - see West Potomac, Lost Cobbs and no QB on the roster which could mean major problems, cant win the tough games
Lake Braddock - always a bubble team, cant win the big ones, never have

Not on the bubble:
Oakton - interesting odd hire as the new coach, Oakton is totally different than Brentsville District, welcome to the Concorde
Chantilly - nowhere to go but up, might win 3 games, might

Posted by: notnovafbguy ()
Date: April 04, 2018 04:44PM

Other than WHS, there is no FCPS school that has shown they can compete with Hylton Freedom W, Woodbridge, Patriot or Battlefield. We proved it during regular season and our dominance especially showed in the playoffs and it will be a repeat this upcoming season except Woodbridge gets past Bulldogs this time around. We built different!

Posted by: BTDUJ ()
Date: April 04, 2018 05:01PM

regionguy Wrote:
> Here is my look at the region. for what its worth
>
>
> 1. Westfield - Do i really need to say anything - Lose lots of linemen, can expectations of 4-pear be too much?
>
> 2. Freedom - Played well all last season except
> for 1 game. They will be tough again this year.
> This coach will out work everyone else. - Tough to replace AJ-50, ridiculous amount of production from one player.
>
> 3. Woodbridge - Could be the sleeper of the bunch.
> Always athletic and well coached and will do big
> things. Keep an eye on them. - Still have some big athletic key players returning.
>
> 4. Centreville - Good athletes good system. QB
> could be the difference maker. - Why and how will QB be difference maker? All they do is run and they lost top 2 WR’s & this QB is too small & slow to run it like Scott Walters did.
>
> 5. Madison - Big on both lines, will give
> Westfield and others trouble. - They will struggle to beat Oakton this year.
>
> 6. Hylton - Always has good athletes, but no Ricky
> Slade this year. - Interesting to see how they will do this year.
>
> 7. South County - Lots of athletes, coming off a
> down year, look for them to rebound in a big
> way. - They had a ton of talent this past season and had a down year, now that top talent is gone, think they will see what a real down year is like.
>
> 8. Battlefield - Well coached, but too plain
> vanilla scheme to win the region. - Still better than any FCPS not named Westfield.
>
> 9. Robinson - Size and skill, good defense good
> running game, but can they throw the ball. - No QB has really limited them and will continue to do so
>
> 10. West Potomac - Good athletes, good coaching
> staff coming off a down year. They will be tough. - Replacing entire backfield and skill guys, prognosis is not good.

Bubble teams
Woodson will have senior leadership at key positions.
West Springfield has really good rising JR QB.
Patriot has some good pieces to make a playoff run

Date: April 04, 2018 05:29PM

I do think it will come down to Woodbridge or Freedom that will play Westfield for the north championship

Some additional comments:

Centreville The QB is the difference maker in that offense...if he cant make plays, then i agree Centreville will struggle.

Madison will a lot tougher then you think, i don't see them losing to Oakton

South County always has athletes, i don't see anyone beating them in their conference. Can they compete for the region title, we will have to see

Battlefield I hope they have a great year, but they are just to conservative to go far in the playoffs

Robinson Agree no QB limits them, but they will compete for the conference title in a weak conference

West Potomac they always have athletes so they will make it interesting

Posted by: @regionguy ()
Date: April 05, 2018 12:34PM

Woodson surprised SC last year and with key positions being led by seniors this upcoming year, don’t be surprised if they win their conf.

LB- is intriguing because they have the numbers and talent, can coaching staff avoid the slow start that plagued them last year.

Madison loses a lot more than you think and what I saw from JV is not inspiring a lot of confidence, same goes with SL.

CVHS- can they be consistent? They looked dominant against SC then the loss to Champe was baffling.

Posted by: Nutral Observer ()
Date: April 05, 2018 04:54PM

There is absolutely no way Woodson wins that conference. In fact, that may be the absolute dumbest thing anyone has ever said on this board. The fact you said that discredits anything else you might ever say. They beat SC when Spaulding was playing hurt, and the team basically quit. The coach is a goober who spends way too much time being rah-rah, and not enough time coaching.

LB's coaching staff is full of idiots. Their best QB is going to sit the bench, or be moved to another position, because a 10th graders brother is a walk on at Alabama. They have no ability to identify talent. (but that is true of most FFX coaching staffs).

You may be right about Madison and CVHS, but that Woodson comments cost you any shot at credibility.

Posted by: kmlvoinit ()
Date: April 05, 2018 05:15PM

Nutral Observer Wrote:
> There is absolutely no way Woodson wins that
> conference. In fact, that may be the absolute
> dumbest thing anyone has ever said on this board.
> The fact you said that discredits anything else
> you might ever say. They beat SC when Spaulding
> was playing hurt, and the team basically quit.
> The coach is a goober who spends way too much time
> being rah-rah, and not enough time coaching.
>
> LB's coaching staff is full of idiots. Their best
> QB is going to sit the bench, or be moved to
> another position, because a 10th graders brother
> is a walk on at Alabama. They have no ability to
> identify talent. (but that is true of most FFX
> coaching staffs).
>
> You may be right about Madison and CVHS, but that
> Woodson comments cost you any shot at credibility.

Sounds like a LB disgruntled QBs father. I thought LB had the best staff in the state.......lol

Posted by: Bulldog Booster ()
Date: April 05, 2018 05:17PM

Only Westfield matters everyone, when will you learn

Date: April 05, 2018 05:38PM

I am not sure Woodson will win the conference, but its certainly not impossible. The conference will as weak as ever this year, so anything could happen.

South County - should be the favorite, if they stumble like last year, then its up for grabs.

Robinson - With no QB and very little passing game, makes it tough for them to comeback if they get behind in a game. Any mistakes will cost them

LB - With a young QB potentially the starter, he is going to struggle, can the defense win games? If they want to be competitive, they will have too

Woodson - No superstars, but some pretty good athletes and senior leadership at the skill positions. Is that enough to win the conference? Could be interesting

Fairfax - Young team, not sure they are ready to compete.

West Springfield - Lost a lot last year, may struggle this year

Annandale - I don't see them being very competitive

Posted by: PU773 ()
Date: April 05, 2018 06:04PM

Look what you wrote,”SoCo played poorly cuz no Dillon Spaulding” guess what when 2018 season there will be no Spaulding which is why WTW has a chance to surprise some folks again. Keep taking them lightly but they had a decent year with first ya HC. They have better QB situation than LB or SoCo & anyone else in their conference & in hs that is huge! Ask Woodbridge or Oscar Smith, 3-4 ints cost them the game vs Westfield. WTW also has good RB and WR’s. Mark my words.

Posted by: Seriously... ()
Date: April 05, 2018 07:01PM

I am no fan of all of the idiot Westfield sycophants on here, but let's be honest...

they have somehow won three 6A titles in a row.

Now, let me also share with you that Westfield is where Fairfax County begins and ends.

Were it not for Westfield, you would have to readily admit that Loudoun County

is MUCH better than Fairfax County, and they are all much smaller in population.

So many examples to show you how the depth of teams in Loudoun crushes Fairfax.

Honestly, Coach Doc sucks, South County sucks, TC can't put it together.

Robinson, Chantilly, and Oakton flat out stink and are crumbling programs.

South Lakes is back to mediocre and Centreville is not athletic enough.

Posted by: vcevm ()
Date: April 05, 2018 08:37PM

Seriously... Wrote:

> is MUCH better than Fairfax County, and they are
> all much smaller in population.

For the 100th time - student membership is completely immaterial in assessing whether a high school should or should not have a good football team. It is only semantics that attempt to put a larger school in a lose-lose situation (i.e. you should win and get no credit for being good) and provide a ready-made excuse should the smaller school lose.

I mean really, a smaller school with a better culture, a better coach, twice as many kids going out for football plays a bigger school with no football culture, a lousy coach, disinterested admin, and half the number of kids going out for football -- the big school should still win because they have more kids in the building? That makes sense.

Posted by: Loco=overrated ()
Date: April 05, 2018 09:31PM

Loco top 5 is not stronger than FCPS top or PWCS. You have Stone Bridge that’s it, and that coach can’t even get out of his own way to win the big game. Westfield and Centreville won 4 of 5 past championships (should be 5 but we all know how bad Ocean Lakes cheated).

Posted by: 4J9PU ()
Date: April 06, 2018 07:56AM

PWC observer Wrote:
> Don’t count out the ability of the PWC schools
> to recruit. There’s a reason why they usually
> have a couple extremely talented teams and the
> rest are downright awful. HYLTON, WOODBRIDGE, and
> FREEDOM will reload from outside their building.
> They have plenty of experience in doing so.

We know CVHS likes to recruit. Boosters and their special housing they offer.

Posted by: XPVWH ()
Date: April 06, 2018 07:57AM

Oakton Wrote:
> Which of Oakton’s former staff has moved to
> Chantilly?

Oakton fmr HC is now DC @ Chantilly.

Posted by: 3wwld ()
Date: April 06, 2018 04:49PM

Oakton...? Wrote:
> They lost their top RB, left for Stone Bridge.

Not sure if this is a joke or not. Did Oakton have a top RB? Even so, Stone Bridge recruiting again. It's like parable of the poor man's lamb.

Posted by: D99YH ()
Date: April 06, 2018 05:14PM

Who would be top offenders in this area as far as recruiting?
Stone Bridge
Tusky
BW
CVHS
Hayfield
WB
Fr(W)
Hylton
LB
Any others?

Posted by: nmknn ()
Date: April 06, 2018 09:39PM

D99YH Wrote:
> Who would be top offenders in this area as far as
> recruiting?
> Stone Bridge
> Tusky
> BW
> CVHS
> Hayfield
> WB
> Fr(W)
> Hylton
> LB
> Any others?

Nope you pretty much nailed it. Might argue about the order a little bit but no question those are the shameless recruiting schools.

Posted by: tkxhn ()
Date: April 07, 2018 07:58AM

tkxhn

Posted by: 7on7 leagues ()
Date: April 07, 2018 09:38AM

I know there are some coaches that read this, so I ask, are 7on7 leagues worth the cost and do they deliver on the promise of raising athletes profile with college? These teams/leagues advertise college visits, do they pan out? These teams aren’t cheap.

Posted by: GK6PX ()
Date: April 07, 2018 09:40AM

nmknn Wrote:
> D99YH Wrote:
> -----
> > Who would be top offenders in this area as far
> as
> > recruiting?
> > Stone Bridge
> > Tusky
> > BW
> > CVHS
> > Hayfield
> > WB
> > Fr(W)
> > Hylton
> > LB
> > Any others?
>
> Nope you pretty much nailed it. Might argue about
> the order a little bit but no question those are
> the shameless recruiting schools.

How would you rank them? How do these schools continue to get away with it?

Posted by: nmknn ()
Date: April 07, 2018 02:54PM

GK6PX Wrote:
> nmknn Wrote:
> -----
> > D99YH Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Who would be top offenders in this area as
> far
> > as
> > > recruiting?
> > > Stone Bridge
> > > Tusky
> > > BW
> > > CVHS
> > > Hayfield
> > > WB
> > > Fr(W)
> > > Hylton
> > > LB
> > > Any others?
> >
> > Nope you pretty much nailed it. Might argue
> about
> > the order a little bit but no question those
> are
> > the shameless recruiting schools.
>
> How would you rank them? How do these schools
> continue to get away with it?

They get away with it because there isn't much of a formal investigation system and proving recruitment is difficult. A lot of programs just worry about themselves and don't have the time to complain about what other schools are doing. Sure, most schools/coaches will talk to parents if approached. But it is suspicious when certain schools get multiple mid-career transfers every year and frequently in positions of need.

Anyway, I would rank them:

Stone Bridge (king of the poachers)
Centreville (have had 7 college-bound transfers in the last 7 years)
Tuscarora (player described being recruited in post game interview last fall)
Woodbridge (impact 1 year transfers)
Freedom (W) (transfers-R-us)
C.D. Hylton (one of the big 3 battling for players in Wbrdge)
Lake Braddock (don't know if things have changed under coach Doc)
Hayfield (poor man's Lake Braddock)
Briar Woods (things may be different now that Pierce is gone)

Posted by: kellib ()
Date: April 07, 2018 04:06PM

The all star 7 on 7 teams are a joke and waste of money. They are like the AAU of high school football. Those so called all star coaches are in it to make a buck, third party street agents.

For the typical school based high school team there is some benefit. But being successful in a passing league does not equal wins in the real season.

Posted by: ATC4lyfe ()
Date: April 07, 2018 06:05PM

Name any player that Lake Braddock recruited?

Matt Zanelatto and Caleb Henderson, would be the only two in question. Both families moved into the Lake Braddock district to improve their chances to play college football. It worked out very well for both.

Posted by: Things look bad ()
Date: April 08, 2018 10:10AM

No one should actually care about high school football, except perhaps in seeking to protect our children from it.

Posted by: Loudoun County Football Fan ()
Date: April 08, 2018 01:41PM

The truth as far as poaching and recruiting?

1. Stone Bridge
2. Stone Bridge
3. Stone Bridge
4. Stone Bridge
5. Stone Bridge
6. Stone Bridge
7. Stone Bridge
8. Stone Bridge
9. Stone Bridge
10.Tuscarora

Tuscarora would have been higher on the list but that cheating piece of shit head coach left for California.

Honorable Mention - Centreville and the most overrated coach in America

Posted by: ccwmw ()
Date: April 08, 2018 02:18PM

Loudoun County Football Fan Wrote:
> The truth as far as poaching and recruiting?
>
> 1. Stone Bridge
> 2. Stone Bridge
> 3. Stone Bridge
> 4. Stone Bridge
> 5. Stone Bridge
> 6. Stone Bridge
> 7. Stone Bridge
> 8. Stone Bridge
> 9. Stone Bridge
> 10.Tuscarora
>
> Tuscarora would have been higher on the list but
> that cheating piece of shit head coach left for
> California.
>
> Honorable Mention - Centreville and the most
> overrated coach in America

ROFLMAO! +1

Posted by: ve4ew ()
Date: April 09, 2018 07:26AM

ve4ew

Posted by: VXUVU ()
Date: April 10, 2018 08:35AM

How will Marshall do with a new HC. Can they go 9-1 again?

Posted by: myjyx ()
Date: April 10, 2018 01:23PM

VXUVU Wrote:
> How will Marshall do with a new HC. Can they go
> 9-1 again?

http://www.insidenova.com/sports/marshall-hires-new-head-football-coach/article_03b73ca2-36d2-11e8-a858-f3fdccecfb93.html

Posted by: New Marshall Coach SUCKS... ()
Date: April 11, 2018 05:50PM

so he should be a perfect fit at Marshall.

Article on Marshall's new head coach must have been a lib, trying to justify the selection of their new black coach.

Eastern High?

Here is what they did last year under the Black Vince Lombardi...

Four wins and 7 losses. TWO of the wins were against Anacostia, who went 1-9.

Their best win was against the team ranked #11628 in the country by calpreps.com.

(Any team ranked worse than 10,000 is absolutely putrid.)

They lost by the following scores:

70-6
45-0
48-0
32-0
46-0
49-6.

Hell, they even got beat by two touchdowns by Wakefield, who finished as the 51st ranked 5A school in Virginia... out of 55!

Marshall thought they would be progressive and hire a black coach.
Never mind that his record absolutely sucks.

Good luck with that, though, Marshall fans.

Posted by: Don’t be a prick. ()
Date: April 12, 2018 08:17AM

If new Marshall fails, it won’t be because of his skin color, it will have to do with the kids & demographics that are zoned for Marshall. Upper middle class families are less willing to let little Johnny play football.

Posted by: Don’t be so rick ()
Date: April 12, 2018 02:24PM

New Marshall coach sucks poster sounds like an angry asst coach that got passed over for the HC job and is super salty about it. Bye bye good old boy network.

Posted by: Original Poster Here ()
Date: April 12, 2018 04:33PM

Not an assistant at all - just like to point out that when white guilt or self-loathing or trying to be all inclusive comes into hiring the right person for the job.... it often fails. Like this hire. Horrible.

Posted by: Original Poster Here II ()
Date: April 12, 2018 04:35PM

Oh, and I agree... they won't fail just because of his skin color.
But he did get the job because of his skin color!
And as far as demographics, they just won 9 games last year.
See how he does over next couple of years.
Fail. Massive fail.

Posted by: UCC9V ()
Date: April 12, 2018 05:13PM

Previous coach went 9-1 in regular season with smoke and mirrors. They played Madison to open the season and got smoked. Then they played bunch of scrubs (George Mason 2A school) then when they did play a quality opponent in the playoffs you saw what happened, got smoked by 60 some points by Patriot HS. They were the biggest 2 seed fraud.

Posted by: @OP 1&2 ()
Date: April 12, 2018 05:42PM

You definitely come across as a jilted asst coach who was passed over. Sorry if you weren’t qualified but no need for all the hate & bitterness.

Posted by: OP 3 ()
Date: April 12, 2018 06:06PM

Yes, that is a great hire. Look what he did last year? Go Eastern High!

And duh... Everyone knows Marshall sucks, but they play a weak ass schedule and don't suck as badly as the rest of the teams on their schedule.

But this new ass clown from DC won't reach the same type of record playing the same lousy ass schedule.

I love how blind libs think that there is no truth to any sentiments that blacks are handed things they haven't earned or don't deserve.

Those that patronize them do them no favors.

Let ALL people be judged on the content of their character, the abilities they have, and EARN what they get.

To do otherwise is actually racist.

Posted by: Rickety Rick ()
Date: April 12, 2018 08:04PM

Somebody mad cuz they didn’t get 2nd interview and now wants to blame it on race, and they call dems “snowflakes”, get over your butt hurtness and be happy being a position coach cuz that’s where your career will peak.

Posted by: Best of the worst... ()
Date: April 13, 2018 09:22AM

Out of the schools with new HC’s and even 2nd year coaches, who will do the best? List of your top 5.

1. MHS
2. LBSS
3. OHS
4. CHS
5. GCM

Posted by: kekch ()
Date: April 13, 2018 06:24PM

Best of the worst... Wrote:
> Out of the schools with new HC’s and even 2nd
> year coaches, who will do the best? List of your
> top 5.
>
> 1. MHS
> 2. LBSS
> 3. OHS
> 4. CHS
> 5. GCM

Well, as much as I hate to admit it - it will be Lake Braddock. They will be the best of the lot you mention.

Posted by: bigkurf ()
Date: April 13, 2018 07:11PM

Lake Braddock will challenge Westfield this year for the region/state title.

Doc being in his 2nd year will be a world of difference. This is a team that will play with energy, tempo, competitiveness and toughness. I don't think anyone will be able to match the trained athletes Lake Braddock will have on the field this year.

Go Bruins, Character matters!

Posted by: What’s up Doc ()
Date: April 13, 2018 10:07PM

I hear there may be more Lake Braddock football coaching drama on the horizon

Posted by: @ bigkurf ()
Date: April 16, 2018 07:55AM

LB better be more concerned about first winning their own conference. They will be seriously challenged and may wind up 3 or 4th this year in their conf.

Posted by: hmmmm ()
Date: April 16, 2018 04:04PM

Marshall (6A) plays in an all 5A conference because their AD complained and got them to remain there. They played one real football team in the regular season and lost, but yet at 9-1 were a 4 seed and hosted a playoff game? Bring back old conferences and bring back north versus south not the four regions. You shouldn't lose 60-7 in a home playoff game. A Wakefield team that lost to Yorktown by 38 Marshall could only beat by 15???

Posted by: Uh...Huh... ()
Date: April 16, 2018 04:13PM

...waiting for VHSL move them to a 6A conference now that they're a bigger school, Concorde or Liberty.

Posted by: FCPS v LOCO ()
Date: April 16, 2018 05:04PM

Why is LOCO 5A so much more dominant than FCPS 5A?

Posted by: 94FTJ ()
Date: April 17, 2018 10:15AM

FCPS v LOCO Wrote:
> Why is LOCO 5A so much more dominant than FCPS 5A?

When goo players in LOCO transfer, or are recruited, the go to the 5A schools. The 5A schools in FCPS are not very attractive for transfers, so they go to the 6A schools.

With the new staff at LB, there will be a vacuum in the near future, so things could change.

Posted by: Football Fan ()
Date: April 17, 2018 10:25AM

Doc and his staff have to stop posting here. It is embarrassing.

Posted by: 94FTJ ()
Date: April 17, 2018 10:32AM

Football Fan Wrote:
> Doc and his staff have to stop posting here. It
> is embarrassing.

That was not meant to be a compliment to Doc and his staff. I think they are complete incompetents and their misuse of talent will soon lead to a huge talent drain on the LB program.

My point was, that talent has to go somewhere, maybe one of the 5A schools will pick up some people who otherwise would have gone to LB.

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 25

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.