HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3
Lake Braddock saga continues
Posted by: Big Bruin ()
Date: December 06, 2017 10:40PM

Coming soon on a TV or newspaper near you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lake Braddock saga continues
Posted by: Enough ()
Date: December 07, 2017 12:11AM

Old news. It's a dead horse. Leave it alone now, all of it.

Posted by: Fur real ()
Date: December 07, 2017 09:34AM

Local TV crew in the scene with investigative reporter. Face it, sexual harassment is all over the news and a local coverup! High school girls! A big time school system. It ain't over fur real...

Posted by: Park is an ass ()
Date: December 07, 2017 04:06PM

Bill Park, get off your high horse and stop pretending you care about sexual harassment. This is about football not your grossly exaggerated plea for saving girls at Lake Braddock. If it's such a horrible place why are your girls there? Save us taxpayers a dime and move on, get a life and stop trying to bring football justice to your stupid case.

Posted by: Right is Right ()
Date: December 07, 2017 04:33PM

Park may well be an ass, but he is right. Unlike you he will not quit the cause because some pussy is taking shots at him behind a computer. Your name isn't Dave is it? The fact is this will be on TV shortly so you need to brush up on your fake news propaganda. Dave picked the wrong guys to mess with....that noose is getting snug ain't it. As soon as we can find one to fit Fat Karl he will feel it as well. And if super fat Ernesto is around we are looking for the elephant noose to fit you. New Years will be great douche bags.

Posted by: Admitted Guilt ()
Date: December 07, 2017 04:47PM

I love that you just admitted that Dave picked the wrong guys to mess with. For you just admitted that Park, Poythress and Kyle V Miller, Esquire are in cahoots to destroy Dave. You just admitted that this isn't about a bogus sexual harassment case...it's about winning your war against the Lake Braddock administration for having the audacity to bust football players for criminal activity and firing the football coach for covering it up.

Nice work dickheads! Busted.

Posted by: Dumbshiy ()
Date: December 07, 2017 07:08PM

Are you unaware that Dave faces 2 separate but related federal investigations? Obviously the Feds don't see it your way. Take Dave's dick out of you mouth for a minute and think.

Posted by: LB Student ()
Date: December 07, 2017 08:49PM

It's all true.

I was over at the Arthur Treacher's by Fairfax Circle eating fish and chips and having a Fanta. I heard about this from a person at the yellow and green coloured booth just behind me.

It's all true.

Posted by: Full 'o Shit ()
Date: December 07, 2017 09:02PM

You're so stupid. A Title IX investigation within the Department of Education isn't anything. When the Dept of Education sees that Bill Park is a lying sack of shit and he has no case I hope he pays. My daughter was on the team and it's not what Park says it is. He's lying.

Posted by: Billy Park ()
Date: December 07, 2017 09:04PM

LB student is right. I heard the same thing over at Arthur Treacher's the other night. People were talking about it while eating cole slaw and hush puppies.

I almost spit out my Fanta, but it's all true.

Posted by: Bruin Dad 2 ()
Date: December 07, 2017 10:05PM

Word to the wise: The price of poker is going up considerably in the next couple of days.

And, no, F of S , your daughter was not on the team because all 12 families have been united since day one.

Stay tuned. Some folks might have to find private sector jobs soon.

Posted by: EnoughAlready ()
Date: December 08, 2017 12:49AM

Just stop it. Problem solved. All over. Cleaned house. Now chill. And leave that dead horse alone!

Investigation? Where's the link?

Posted by: Miller Lite ()
Date: December 08, 2017 09:10AM

Bruin Dad 2 (aka Kyle V Miller, Esquire) you lie. All 12 families united - NOT. Park is pimping his own daughter for the headline. It's child abuse. Using his own daughter to make false claims so he can retalliate against the administration for busting his son in that car drunk? He is justifying his guilt for getting Poythress fired. Wow. Great dad. Great human being.

And Kyle Miller, you're just a pawn. A weak, small little man who lives in a shack off Rolling Road hiding behind a computer. A washed up lawyer with nothing to do except dream about being Poythress' amd Park's bitch. You just want to play with the big boys. But you are a disgusting excuse for a human being much like your "buddies".

So stop your lying and hit the weight room, Miller. You look like you're a 50 year old man trapped in a twelve year old body. Tough guy.

Posted by: Lies ()
Date: December 11, 2017 10:11AM

Didn’t Parks daughter move out of the house because of the abuse from her dad?
Why is FCPS indulging this man any longer? New head of HR Bryan Gibson should contact CPS on Park rather than allowing this to go on!
Maybe now that r Chace Ramey had neeen replaced by someone with a real criminal background, FCPS will support administrators and staff.
FCPS please stop throwing good people like Thomas and Atwater under the bus.

Posted by: Big Bruin ()
Date: December 12, 2017 09:47PM

What’s the over/under on Dave’s “resignation” once the real story airs real soon?

Posted by: A Very Bruin Christmas ()
Date: December 22, 2017 10:28PM

Looks like the Bruin guy was right. Sorry for doubting you. Going to get ugly now. Merry Christmas kids.

Posted by: concerned parents ()
Date: December 23, 2017 10:23AM

Looks like Desperado Dave and the new FCPS Superintendent run is coming to a end.
It was a short ride for the new ex Superintendent.

I am also hearing that they will clean house at Lake Braddock, all the administrators and the DSA will be gone.

I think its the right thing to do, get a fresh start with new people in the building.

Posted by: Duh Duh ddd ()
Date: December 23, 2017 10:38AM

Doc's gonna solve it. Read the HS football threat a holes.

Posted by: Fat Karl ()
Date: December 23, 2017 10:44AM

The Feds don't take these cases on a whim.In fact, very few complaints ever reach this level, so there must be a pile of evidence.Superintendent better stop protecting the bad guys. And, where is the school board?

Posted by: Good Question Karl ()
Date: December 23, 2017 11:51AM

Good question, Fat Karl. Where is the School Board? They’ve known about this for more than a year. I wonder why the Post didn’t question any of them?

Posted by: The kerns problem ()
Date: December 23, 2017 12:08PM

The big problem in this situation is the fact that kerns has been bribing children to take Thomas's side with snickers bars and his other favorite snacks. When students speak out against his intolerable tyranny he does things like kick them out of sporting events and he makes the lunch staff stop serving them food. Then when the press comes around Kerns plays cute gopher like he never did anything wrong and goes back to his life of obesity.

Posted by: Unreal ()
Date: December 23, 2017 12:31PM

The Kerns problem and Fat Karl, please post your pictures so we can make fun of your appearance. You have to be kids, because no adults with a spec of values would make fun of somebody's physical appearance. Better yet, use your real names so your parents can be proud. If you are adults, it is just sad.

Posted by: Concerned parents nope ()
Date: December 23, 2017 12:34PM

Concerned Parents
I really doubt all admin will be let go or moved.

Posted by: concerned parentsaswell ()
Date: December 23, 2017 02:03PM

I would hope they clean house, everyone is tried of hearing about the negative reports on the news about LB. Make a fresh start!

Posted by: Agreed ()
Date: December 23, 2017 05:05PM

Agree with OP. Where is the School Board?

Posted by: Fat Karl ()
Date: December 23, 2017 05:07PM

Hey Unreal,
Was Albert Fat? Is Karl Fat? I could my picture but will you post yours? For now, I also have a nickname...Hung...do you think I am Asian or gross. Don't read into innuendo you liberal douche. If Karl dropped about 300 nobody would say fat...and is he a good mental image for athletics

Posted by: Unreal ()
Date: December 23, 2017 07:56PM

Fat Karl. Yeah, you are a kid. Name calling is what kids do. Name calling is a fall back when you have nothing. I didn't come on here to go back and forth with a kid. Nor will I try to get the last word in. Your response as well as any future responses prove my original post correct about you. Enjoy the holidays.

Posted by: How much longer? ()
Date: December 23, 2017 09:08PM

How much longer does the LBSS community have to put up with this embarrassment? How much longer do our kids have to grow up in this environment? Harassment, bullying, ass covering, retribution, incompetence, corruption, and a completely impotent school board. For God sakes, let’s drain the swamp.

Posted by: Fatty ()
Date: December 23, 2017 09:40PM

How much longer? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How much longer does the LBSS community have to
> put up with this embarrassment? How much longer do
> our kids have to grow up in this environment?
> Harassment, bullying, ass covering, retribution,
> incompetence, corruption, and a completely
> impotent school board. For God sakes, let’s
> drain the swamp.

He deserves it he's a sorry excuse for a human being and sucks at his job

Posted by: Brooin’ for life ()
Date: December 23, 2017 10:28PM

Heard at a Christmas gathering last night that civil suits are likely. Dave’s employees and FCPS bureaucrats might want to think twice about posting their bullshit. It could make things more expensive. Think about it for a minute, Gatehouse/LBSS employees. Watch your mouths. Do it for Dave.

Posted by: Jlacy ()
Date: December 23, 2017 10:31PM

Is this about pussy?

Posted by: Jlacy ()
Date: December 23, 2017 11:32PM

Yes. Dave and Karl.

Posted by: Youwillsee ()
Date: December 24, 2017 01:56AM

Parents knew. Parents did nothing. It came out about basketball. Dave investigated. Learned about Coach P as well. Then parents got involved. Mad parents but they didn’t say anything back when they first heard about the problems. Dave can’t act on whatbhe doesn’t know. Quit belly aching. The civil suit should be Dave against you!

Date: December 24, 2017 10:28AM

Dave claims he knew nothing about it.....right....hahahah

You are correct, Dave learned that coach P knew that he knew about this and did nothing. So what did Dave do? He turned on coach P, didn't renew his coaching contract and tired to get him fired from his teaching position.

You can say that coach P did this or did that, but the bottom line is, he stood up for what was right. Dave did nothing and then made it worse, by trying to cover it up.

The pressure is now on Dave from the DOE, I can not imagine he will be at LB much longer

Posted by: Jlwnv ()
Date: December 24, 2017 12:30PM

Date: December 24, 2017 01:33PM

Always seems like a lot of bad publicity coming out of one of Fairfax County Public School Systems, Lake Braddock Secondary School for the past year or so, when does it stop?

Sexual harassment by a coach, coaches and ADs fired, students getting harassed by teachers for religious heard wear and now a federal investigation as well as civil investigations.

Has the Principal lost all control at this school?
It seems he doesn't know anything that goes on at his school, is he there during the school day?

If any business was run like this, the person in charge would be held accountable and fired. Saying that the Principal isn't aware of these issues is ridiculous, he should know what is going on in his surroundings as well as be held accountable for his employees action.

This to me is a no brainer, the Principal needs to be held accountable and fired or placed somewhere else. The Lake Braddock community is tired of the school being drug thru the mud every few months.

Posted by: Fact check Dos ()
Date: December 26, 2017 03:55PM

Once the kids are back in school this will air on TV. For the Dave Thomas fans it doesn't look good. Realize newspapers and TV stations have lawyers on staff to make sure they don't get sued. The case against Thomas appears airtight. He just isn't the nice guy many of us thought he was.
I have seen the information and interviews. My opinion of Thomas has changed.

Posted by: communityisfedup ()
Date: December 26, 2017 05:14PM

So I see more negative press for Lake Braddock Secondary School. I just don't understand why the school board has put up with this for past year and half.

Show some leadership, make some changes!!!
Dave Thomas has to go, there is no other way out of this.

He got rid of the AD and Football and tried to pin it on them. Now lets just get to the source of the matter, why not start at the top where the problem has always been? These issues will go away and the community and the school can start the healing process..

Posted by: Stupidpress ()
Date: December 26, 2017 10:54PM

This is all old news. It’s all been handled and quite well, I might add. The Dept of Ed will find exactly what the new Supt did, that all is well and all was handled well too. Parents can be mad all they want. They knew and did nothing so how can they expect school admin to have done something? Check the time lines. You’ll see all was done exactly as it should have been. Now move on! The Muslim girl? Check out her story, nature, and habit and then you’ll see the truth. It’s done! Talking about Braddock is fun. Fine. But there’s nothing wrong there nor has there been. Even Coach P in football was fired appropriately because of his continual used of words like “retard” and “faggot.” Ones career just can’t be sustained now adays with that kind of behavior. Coach Doc has turned the program around, just ask the classroom teachers. Lake Braddock is headed back in the right direction now. Quit perpetuating the story as anything but that!

Posted by: Docs press release ()
Date: December 27, 2017 12:03AM

Coach Doc is a clown. You're right though the time line will clear things up. Dave will fall. LB football will never win 10 games again.Ask yourself why this never goes away.

Posted by: Emily the trainer ()
Date: December 27, 2017 12:12AM

My name is Emily Huss. I told the lies about Coach P. I post here all the time...usually in the football thread. I am the person who always raves about Doc. I didn't realize that the people I bad mouth know Cary and got my IP address. Yeah, I am not very smart. Want to see my enormous tramp stamp! Let it go Emily.

Posted by: formerplayer2010 ()
Date: December 27, 2017 12:35AM

Why are we asking the classroom teachers if a football coach turned the football program around?

Are going to ask the football coach if the Chemistry/Biology department is running smooth?

BTW...The football program has been in great shape for the past 8-10 years, it didn't need turning around.

Posted by: geo toit ()
Date: December 27, 2017 07:07AM

99.5 percent of the people at lake Braddock are not interested,dont care, or don't even know about any of this!
All of this continuous discussion is being done by a small group of people who were directly involved or close to those involved. These people are just talking to each other.I'm not saying this didn't happen, or the investigation is not happening; I'm saying that the people within the school have either moved on, or don't know much, or care much about what happened.

Date: December 27, 2017 10:15AM

I am not sure where you are getting your information, but, this is simply not true. The whole Lake Braddock community is aware and are talking about this. How can they not be, when this or some other discretion comes up at Lake Braddock in the media every few weeks?

DOE was brought in because there is something there, otherwise, this would have been closed. The school board and principal have to be held accountable for the actions that this has caused.

Most likely the Principal will be reassigned to Gatehouse for the remainder of the year. I also suspect that the administration staff, will replaced with new people to allow this school to heal. It makes sense to clean house and start fresh

Posted by: DisagreeMuch ()
Date: December 27, 2017 09:55PM

communityisfedup Wrote:
> I am not sure where you are getting your
> information, but, this is simply not true. The
> whole Lake Braddock community is aware and are
> talking about this. How can they not be, when this
> or some other discretion comes up at Lake Braddock
> in the media every few weeks?
>
> DOE was brought in because there is something
> there, otherwise, this would have been closed. The
> school board and principal have to be held
> accountable for the actions that this has caused.
>
> Most likely the Principal will be reassigned to
> Gatehouse for the remainder of the year. I also
> suspect that the administration staff, will
> replaced with new people to allow this school to
> heal. It makes sense to clean house and start
> fresh

Just not true. DOE finds nothing. Waste of time. Staff is happy with Dave. Athletes were thugs in the building with no consequences before Coach Doc. That’s why you should ask the teachers, ass.

Posted by: Askateacher ()
Date: December 27, 2017 09:58PM

formerplayer2010 Wrote:
> Why are we asking the classroom teachers if a
> football coach turned the football program
> around?
>
> Are going to ask the football coach if the
> Chemistry/Biology department is running smooth?
>
> BTW...The football program has been in great shape
> for the past 8-10 years, it didn't need turning
> around.

Ask a teacher because in the past, athletes could do no wrong. They were above the school rules and Coach P supported them. Coach P never had the standards Coach Doc has. Student athletes cross the classes and grades, ass. Don’t you know anything?

Posted by: Rude ()
Date: December 27, 2017 09:59PM

Emily the trainer Wrote:
> My name is Emily Huss. I told the lies about Coach
> P. I post here all the time...usually in the
> football thread. I am the person who always raves
> about Doc. I didn't realize that the people I bad
> mouth know Cary and got my IP address. Yeah, I am
> not very smart. Want to see my enormous tramp
> stamp! Let it go Emily.

Shut up. Emily would never post here nor like that. Bunch of punks.

Posted by: formerplayer2010 ()
Date: December 27, 2017 10:35PM

Why would the football coach be responsible for student athletes behavior in other classes? Shouldn't that teacher handle that?

Is the Chemistry or English teacher responsible when a athlete doesn't do well on the field? Are there consequences in class for that?

How could athletes be thugs in school?

Was Dave aware of this?
Does Dave claim he wasn't aware of this?
Or was this a 1 time thing?

The only standards Doc has, is being a average coach. Look at his past
This hurts the program and overall development of the players

Like him or not coach P did the right thing when the chips were down, no one else was willing to stand up for those BB girls

Posted by: fun2watch ()
Date: December 27, 2017 11:16PM

Well said!!

Posted by: THUGLIFE ()
Date: December 27, 2017 11:51PM

Them thugs sure did win. 7 wins and P was suicidal. Enjoy being average.

Posted by: JPBP ()
Date: December 28, 2017 04:24AM

At the end of the day, the coach who called kids faggots will be rewarded with a six figure payout courtesy of Ramey and Brabrand
An abusive parent will be allowed to lie without retribution
A bigoted board member will spew garbage
A scared trainer will be bullied

And we’ll all ignore the well being of our students

Makes me think about teaching elsewhere—no support from gatehouse, low pay, and embarrassment

Posted by: Nigga Pleade ()
Date: December 28, 2017 01:10PM

The coach never called anybody anything. He was telling us what faggot means. It is a bunch of sticks so we ran around calling each other faggot in fun. Coach joked a lot but he was never mean. Ms. Huss must have over reacted. She babied us and we let her as long as we got free Popsicles.Home from college and reading all this I see very little truth. How do you really know a parent lied? You are wrong about the coach. I was there

Posted by: speaking4formerplayers ()
Date: December 28, 2017 01:35PM

What standards does coach Doc have that coach P didn't have?
This dude has a losing record on the field, so he must be a nice guy

Coach P will always be a winner, he taught us life lessons through football.
If a few rules were fractured along the way, so be it.Yeah, he had our back and we had his.

Look at the players who went thru the program under P and are now thriving as adults: Doctors, Dentist, lawyers, firemen, police officers, teachers just to name a few.

He was old school, his methods may have been different, but you cant argue with the results on or off the field.

Cheers to the winningest football coach in LB history!!

Posted by: Emily being used ()
Date: December 29, 2017 12:11AM

The principal went to Emily looking for dirt. She was used and she should let that be known.Emily didn't mean to cause all this, Dave did. He is banking on Emily trusting him and being to weak to call Brabrand.

Posted by: playedforP ()
Date: December 29, 2017 09:10AM

speaking4formerplayers Wrote:
> What standards does coach Doc have that coach P
> didn't have?
> This dude has a losing record on the field, so he
> must be a nice guy
>
> Coach P will always be a winner, he taught us life
> lessons through football.
> If a few rules were fractured along the way, so be
> it.Yeah, he had our back and we had his.
>
> Look at the players who went thru the program
> under P and are now thriving as adults: Doctors,
> Dentist, lawyers, firemen, police officers,
> teachers just to name a few.
>
> He was old school, his methods may have been
> different, but you cant argue with the results on
> or off the field.
>
> Cheers to the winningest football coach in LB
> history!!

Very well said!!

Posted by: iplayed4him2 ()
Date: December 29, 2017 11:58AM

playedforP Wrote:
> speaking4formerplayers Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What standards does coach Doc have that coach P
> > didn't have?
> > This dude has a losing record on the field, so
> he
> > must be a nice guy
> >
> > Coach P will always be a winner, he taught us
> life
> > lessons through football.
> > If a few rules were fractured along the way, so
> be
> > it.Yeah, he had our back and we had his.
> >
> > Look at the players who went thru the program
> > under P and are now thriving as adults:
> Doctors,
> > Dentist, lawyers, firemen, police officers,
> > teachers just to name a few.
> >
> > He was old school, his methods may have been
> > different, but you cant argue with the results
> on
> > or off the field.
> >
> > Cheers to the winningest football coach in LB
> > history!!
>
> Very well said!!

No doubt, very true

Posted by: Get a life ()
Date: December 29, 2017 12:24PM

You people who are waking in your boots because of these fed investigations are so ignorant. ANYONE can file a complaint with these agencies. Filing a complaint and getting a decision go your way are two different things. You can file a complaint based on anything factual or not. The investigation is the important thing. The fact complaints were filed by Park who himself should be investigated by his own place of employment, means nothing but he needs to seek psychiatric help as he's a narcissistic, megalomaniac, attention seeking, soulless being.

Posted by: Bad Info ()
Date: December 29, 2017 12:45PM

Dumb Ass,
While anyone can file a complaint less than 1 percent make it to this stage. They only make it if there are significant factual reasons to move forward. Whoever filed the case had evidence!
I researched this man Park and his record is clean. Who would you trust a GMU bull pen catcher with a vested interest in survival or a USA grad with significant commands under his belt whose only motivation must be justice? It is okay to like Dave...trust but verify...in the meantime fellatio is unnecessary

Posted by: Get a life ()
Date: December 29, 2017 07:11PM

Dude you’re dumber than dirt if you think that’s true. They only need to establish they have jurisdiction to review the complaint. You need to do more research man. Your info is off. So stick a dick In you’re mouth and shut up until you have some true and relevant facts Mr Park!

Date: December 29, 2017 08:00PM

Sounds like Desperado Dave and his people are starting to panic. This Federal investigation is getting to them.

Better watch out Dave's people, you better believe he will throw you under the bus in a minute!!

Posted by: Thomas smacked ()
Date: December 31, 2017 11:14PM

Dave Thomas ..yo thought 2017 was rough? Wait until 2018. You're about to be humiliated on TV. Your lies exposed.

Posted by: Thursday ()
Date: January 02, 2018 08:38PM

Just a couple days Dave!

Date: January 02, 2018 09:32PM

Great!! So we can look for more negative press in the new about Lake Braddock.

When does it end? The LB community is sick and tired of all this negativity and hope this saga ends soon.

Why don't they just transfer the principal to Gatehouse while this investigation is going on? This way you leave the school and the students out of this.

Posted by: more concerned parents ()
Date: January 02, 2018 10:32PM

"Know ye the truth and the truth will set you free" John 8:32

Lots has happened in the past at LBSS - now is simply the tipping point. Before Kerns there was Clark, before Clark was Martino and the root of the progressive rot is found there. MM condoned abusive coaches then which happened across the spectrum of sports - these coaches also need to be held accountable for their actions as coaches appear to being held now.

Thomas and Kerns are scapegoats for past sins by previous administrators.

Posted by: what a joke ()
Date: January 02, 2018 11:31PM

So you are saying abusive coaches were tolerated at Lake Braddock in the past?

How long has this been going on?

Hasn't Dave Thomas been the Principal at Lake Braddock for the last 8-10 years or so?

Isn't the Principal ultimately responsible for these types of mishaps and providing a safe environment for all students?

If he didn't know about any of these so called "abusive coaches" then shame on him for not knowing what goes on at his school. Parents fill out a end of the year evaluation for coaches in every sport, nothing ever came up there?

Mr. Thomas needs to be held accountable and fired for allowing any of this to happen.Lake Braddock use to have a great reputation as one the top schools in the state of Virginia, now it is a punch line to a joke.

Posted by: Psycho Dad ()
Date: January 03, 2018 02:07PM

Sent: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 6:54 AM
To: Evans, Sandy (School Board Member) ; McElveen, Ryan (School Board Member) ; Moon, Ilryong (School Board Member) ; McLaughlin, Megan (School Board Member) ; Strauss, Jane (School Board Member) ; Hynes, Patricia (School Board Member) ; Derenak Kaufax, Tamara (School Board Member) ; Corbett Sanders, Karen (School Board Member) ; Palchik, Dalia (School Board Member) ; Schultz, Elizabeth (School Board Member) ; Wilson, Thomas (School Board Member) ; Keys-Gamarra, Karen A
Cc: DelDAlbo@house.virginia.gov; Bulova, Sharon ; district39@senate.virginia.gov; Lockard, Steven ; Ramey, Chace ; Gibson, Bryan ; Arnold, Michele ; Foster, John ; Waterman, Laura ; Strayhorn, Debbie ; Kerns, Karl ; Hunter, Sandra ; Austin, Carla ; Mccormick, Catherine L. ; Garner, Brett ; Polino, Anne C. ; Hampton, Teri L ; DiBari, Antonio ; Hoppock, Eileen ; McNamara, Kristen A. ; Howard, Alka ; Bill & Monica Park ; Brent, Eric ; Superintendent Brabrand ; Thomas, Dave ; Atwater, Angela

Subject: Washington Post article: Education Department launches probe of Fairfax County school’s handling of harassment allegations

Good morning Honorable Fairfax County School Board Members.

I hope each of you and your families had an enjoyable holiday season and wish you a belated Happy New Year.

In case you missed it at the close of 2017, the Washington Post published a follow-up article confirming the ongoing DoE OCR federal investigation into sexual harassment at LBSS and the ensuing FCPS and SB cover-up.

The article can be found here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/us-agency-launches-probe-of-fairfax-schools-handling-of-harassment-allegations/2017/12/22/52fd09ca-d6ee-11e7-a986-d0a9770d9a3e_story.html?

Additionally, WJLA-7 picked up the story: http://wjla.com/news/local/feds-probe-va-school-systems-handling-of-sexual-harassment-complaint-against-coach

As a courtesy heads-up, you may want to tune into WUSA-9 for the 11pm news on Thursday night as FCPS and Lake Braddock will start off 2018 in fine fashion.

The story will run in excess of eight minutes -- after commercials, that covers approximately one-third of the evening newscast. That's an amazing amount of coverage for a story about "improper conduct" and a complaint that was "unfounded and without merit."

Have a nice day!

Regards, Bill Park

Posted by: Kyle V. Miller ()
Date: January 03, 2018 02:30PM

Date: November 6, 2017 at 4:07:03 PM EST
To: rjarrell1@cox.net, quiluu@verizon.net, kalkhaniya@hotmail.com, christopher.p.nutting.mil@mail.mil,cpnutting@gmail.com, techevarria2@verizon.net, cintianoeoz@gmail.com,vkatban321@gmail.com, slaron.q10@gmail.com, luo_hui1@yahoo.com,qleu@yahoo.com, jess_9901@hotmail.com, soeunnp@gmail.com,jefmbf28@hotmail.com, maryhuynh2002@gmail.com, chello24@aol.com,albrucal66@gmail.com, snoopy5462@gmail.com, monicahazelwood2@gmail.com,tran.at00@gmail.com, thaomyblue141@gmail.com, josephinearrighi@yahoo.com,isabel.450@hotmail.com, myched83@gmail.com, ysjosephk@gmail.com,fthall1994@gmail.com, shawnavente@me.com, sadievente@icloud.com,michael_latif@hotmail.com, aliciajohnson411@yahoo.com, msillah240@yahoo.com,abbygrace1205@gmail.com, pomegranate.bergan@gmail.com, dancing.ash101@yahoo.com,talamoa@yahoo.com, thebanana2000@hotmail.com, dsarthur@hotmail.com,diamondsrgbf@verizon.net, shannonv131@gmail.com, jackvs1@outlook.com,thompson@brycvolleyball.org, ksambhuebert@googlemail.com, donnadwri@aol.com,madsita@gmail.com, paulsita@gmail.com, grace.bergan3@gmail.com,michael.bergan@faa.gov, mlburton76@gmail.com, rogburt@gmail..com,rclukow@aol.com, ronald.g.lukow.mil@mail.mil, em2thema@gmail.com,talamoa@gmail.com, cafferkyk@gmail.com, seangshultis@gmail.com,kristyrwright@gmail.com, jackie.fisher89@yahoo.com, wielanjc@gmail.com,nirschlorthopaedic@gmail.com, markdevoll@gmail.com, ddferg266@gmail.com,farishmom@cox.net, pauldowney9@gmail.com, james..dinges@comcast.net,lugo97@aol.com, dianegemma@gmail.com, thebrandows@gmail.com,nancy.grass@verizon.net, heyne93@hotmail.com, jng2gw@gmail.com, tzerbo@aol.com, amybryan8@gmail.com, kbyrd9800@gmail.com, gigisharman@yahoo.com, teamschaef@gmail.com, menotti.oki@hotmail.com, kvbrowning@gmail.com, jklingmeyer@gmail.com, v.altman2@aol.com, cgosain@steptoe.com, mphaedt@msn.com, ahanifi@live.com, kjewels72@gmail.com,kathrynj1971@aol.com, snept@allstate.com, david.h.stem.mil@mail.mil,jjrctoy@yahoo.com, a.goudey@aol.com, michael.p.haedt.mil@mail.mil,hal_neptune@federal.dell.com, moahmed64@yahoo.com
Subject: Federal Investigation Opened - RE: LBSS Sexual Harassment & Ensuing FCPS Cover-up

Dear LBSS Booster Club Members:

Good afternoon.

In lieu of tonight's LBSS Booster Club meeting, I wanted to make sure you are all aware of the following:

Per letter dated November 2nd 2017, the United States Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights has announced that they have opened and will be conducting a formal investigation of the events that occurred at Lake Braddock regarding both the sexual harassment that occurred during the 2015-16 season on the LBSS girl's varsity basketball team and the subsequent sham investigations and cover-up by FCPS administrators and the Fairfax County School Board.

Presumably, this investigation will include LBSS Athletic Director Karl Kern's involvement in the retaliatory employment action taken against former LBSS football coach Jim Poythress and all of the actions taken by LBSS Principal Dave Thomas in response to the harassment that occurred.

Two additional/related items for you:

1. School Board Member Megan McLaughlin will be hosting a community round-table discussion at LBSS this WednesdayNovember 8th from 7:00 - 8:30 pm in the multi-purpose room (enter at Door #17 just to the right of the front entrance). The round-table discussion will focus on the upcoming budget projections, the new superintendent's goals, as well as any other issues or concerns you wish to discuss (i.e. the just announced federal investigation).

2. You can also ask Principal Thomas and/or Schoolboard member McLaughlin on when you can catch the next presentation of Principal Thomas' "Bulletproof" professional development seminar - which has been wildly popular among FCPS administrators and school board members, Virginia Department of Education officials, and Superintendents and executives of neighboring school districts. Please see below for a previous invitation that was sent out that explicitly details the topics that Principal Thomas will cover in his presentation.

P.S. In case you missed it back at the end of June, here is the Washington Post article that details what occurred that precipitated the federal investigation:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/highschools/at-lake-braddock-sexual-harassment-accusations-personnel-changes-and-lingering-resentment/2017/06/29/59a3d00e-5536-11e7-a204-ad706461fa4f_story.html?

Kyle Miller
5902 Sherborn Lane
Springfield, VA 22152
Cell - 703-244-3471

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 4:09 PM
Subject: Professional Development Seminar - Crisis Management Techniques
To: patrick.murphy@apsva.us,linda.erdos@apsva.us, kristi.murphy@apsva.us, superintendent@acps.k12.va.us, terri.mozingo@acps.k12.va.us, gerald.mann@acps.k12.va.us, clinton.page@acps.k12.va.us, joseph.makolandra@acps.k12.va.us, eric.williams@lcps.org, Kimberly.Hough@lcps.org, Asia.Jones@lcps.org, Paula.Huffman@lcps.org, pnoonan@fccps.org,lhigh@fccps.org, pwcssupt@pwcs.edu, pwcsdeputy@pwcs.edu,MULGREWM@pwcs.edu, JohnsonK@pwcs.edu, djeck@fcps1.org,aalexander@fcps1.org, Daniel.Phillips@fauquiercounty.gov, cmagouyrk@mcpsva.org, bwingfield@mcpsva.org, bensonwb@staffordschools.net, lboatwright@staffordschools.net, nicholstm@staffordschools.net, massiela@lcsedu.net, copelandbw@lcsedu.net,mcclainjc@lcsedu.net, Antwan.Wilson@dc.gov, amanda.alexander@dc.gov, jane.spence@dc.gov, Jack_Smith@mcpsmd.org,E.Lancellotti_Dempsey@mcpsmd.org,Kimberly_A_Statham@mcpsmd.org,Maria_V_Navarro@mcpsmd.org,monique.davis@pgcps.org,Kevin.Maxwell@pgcps.org,superintendent@hcpss.org,kirk_thompson@hcpss.org,Helen_Nixon@hcpss..org,karalee_turnerlittle@hcpss.org,garlotto@aacps.org, mjackson@aacps.org, mmmcmahon@aacps.org,ahollstein@ccboe.com, khill@ccboe.com
Cc: jane.strauss@fcps.edu,SuperintendentBrabrand@fcps.edu, "Thomas, Dave" , "Atwater, Angela" ,Ryan.McElveen@fcps.edu,ilryong.moon@fcps..edu, "McLaughlin, Megan (School Board Member)" ,Pat.Hynes@fcps.edu, tdkaufax@fcps.edu, ssevans@fcps.edu,klcorbettsan@fcps..edu,Elizabeth.Schultz@fcps.edu,dapalchik@fcps.edu, tawilson@fcps.edu, Karen.KeysGamarra@fcps.edu

"BulletProof - Management Techniques to Survive a Crisis of Leadership"
Professional Development Seminar - Presented by Lake Braddock (Burke, VA) Secondary School Principal Dave Thomas - Time & Location TBD

Superintendents & School System Executives,

Good afternoon.

I would like to invite you and your respective staffs to attend a popular new professional development seminar being offered by Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) as approved and endorsed by FCPS' freshly-appointed Superintendent Dr. Scott Brabrand and its School Board Chairwoman Jane Strauss.

With the backing of Dr. Brabrand and Chairwoman Strauss, Lake Braddock Secondary School Principal Dave Thomas will explain and stress the survival tactics necessary to weather the storm and remain employed amidst challenging leadership environments when you are the central figure in Washington Post articles such as the article linked immediately below:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/highschools/at-lake-braddock-sexual-harassment-accusations-personnel-changes-and-lingering-resentment/2017/06/29/59a3d00e-5536-11e7-a204-ad706461fa4f_story.html?

Principal Thomas' "Bulletproof"seminar has already been offered to all FCPS high school and secondary school Principals and Assistant Principals, and Directors of Student Athletics as well Commonwealth Superintendent Dr. Staples and his staff; based on the positive feedback to date, the seminar could be implemented as a best practices practicum for administrators in other school systems.

Principal Thomas will cover topics including:
- How to sandbag your subordinates -- don't let your staff hem you in with e-mails documenting your knowledge of events
- Lying requires a conscious understanding (or documentary evidence) that you "know" what you said wasn't true
- Don't let a moral compass dictate your leadership direction
- Remain fit in stressful environments by running from the truth and shed weight by dodging responsibility
- Co-opt your chain of command so that they become enablers and co-conspirators (See FCPSExecutive Management)
- Intimidate and retaliate against witnesses -- "dead" men (and those who sign non-disclosure agreements) tell no tales
- Capitalize on the craven nature of those with alleged oversight responsibility (See School Board)
- Embrace the mockery of a sham of a mockery that is the FCPSinvestigative and disciplinary process
- Never apologize -- contrition shows weakness and reveals recognition of culpability
- Sanctimoniously proselytize core values to mask the fact that you don't possess them (ex. Integrity)
- Avoid the "third rails" of employee discipline -- don't engage in sexual relations with your subordinates -- but allowing sexual harassment of students under your purview remains permissible
- Selectively adhere to FCPSregulations to your advantage while ignoring others

- Stonewall the community and outlast their short attention spans and limited interest in investing the time and energy to protect their children
- Stay anonymous and remain out of the media especially the Washington Post - any publicity is bad publicity - except for propaganda you promulgate on Twitter
- Remain brazenly arrogant and rely on the odds being infinitesimal that a student/community advocate has the wherewithal and dedication to hold you accountable and ensure the safety and well-being of FCPS students

With appropriate implementation of the described leadership techniques and tricks of the trade, Dr. Brabrand and Chairwoman Strauss are confident that high school administrators throughout Virginia and the greater Washington, DC area will be well-prepared to similarly survive events that should have led to the administrator's professional demise and assist school districts in being able to retain such top-shelf talent as Principal Thomas.

Dr. Brabrand, Chairwoman Strauss, and I encourage you to schedule a date and time that works for you and your staff to join us in Burke for a presentation by Principal Thomas.

Thanks much.

Kyle Miller
5902 Sherborn Lane
Springfield, VA 22152
703-244-3471

Posted by: Miller Park ()
Date: January 03, 2018 02:38PM

Team Park/Miller/Poythress.
Attachments:
IMG_8485.JPG

Date: January 03, 2018 02:55PM

Following the DOE investigation, looks Dave Thomas and Karl Kerns are going to be out. Finally justice is being served

They really should clean house of all the administrators aren't most of them former baseball players who coached with Thomas? Might as well start LB with a clean slate

Posted by: Billy P Tweets Porn ()
Date: January 03, 2018 02:59PM

Very unbecoming of a Naval Officer and person hell-bent on saving teenage girls from sexual harassment. Or maybe none of his bullshit is about saving girls from sexual harassment. Maybe it's about his beloved football coach Jim Poythress being fired. Hypocrite!
Attachments:
IMG_8490.PNG
IMG_8488.PNG
IMG_8489.PNG

Posted by: ruta ()
Date: January 03, 2018 03:09PM

Lies Wrote:
> Didn’t Parks daughter move out of the house
> because of the abuse from her dad?
> Why is FCPS indulging this man any longer? New
> head of HR Bryan Gibson should contact CPS on Park
> rather than allowing this to go on!
> Maybe now that r Chace Ramey had neeen replaced by
> someone with a real criminal background, FCPS will
> support administrators and staff.
> FCPS please stop throwing good people like Thomas
> and Atwater under the bus.

Why are all the suburban white dads pedophiles? Ladies, best to get yourself a black baby daddy so he won't molest your kids.

Posted by: ruta ()
Date: January 03, 2018 03:11PM

That blonde looks like a used up Elizabeth Hasselbeck.

Posted by: Beat it Park ()
Date: January 03, 2018 03:33PM

It all makes sense now. His deep-seeded pornography addiction has manifested into his plight to save all teenage girls from evil men - take a look inside, Park. Go NAVY!

Posted by: Bill Park's Ego ()
Date: January 03, 2018 03:54PM

This is so much fun! I will get Dave fired - you just watch. It's my life's work.
Attachments:
IMG_8492.PNG

Posted by: More Ego ()
Date: January 03, 2018 04:01PM

My quest is to keep a 2 year old incident - that was handled by the AD gerting fired - alive so I can say I got the new athletic director and principal fired. Why do I care? Because those bastards disciplined my son for a DUI incident and when the football coach didn't report it to admin, they let him go. That football coach is my BFF and I have a guilty conscience because I got him fired. Damn those administrators for doing their jobs and following regulations that they are paid to enforce.
Attachments:
IMG_8493.PNG

Date: January 03, 2018 04:15PM

Just another one of desperado Dave's supporters tryin to make fun of a serious situation.

You realize Dave will throw whoever under the bus to save him self....right?

First the AD Clark, then the old football coach Poythress, next will be the new AD Kerns for his retaliatory employment action taken against former LBSS football coach Jim Poythress.

"Oh what tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive"

Posted by: Park is a sham ()
Date: January 03, 2018 05:07PM

Why in God's name does Park keep his daughters at LB? If it's such a horrible place, why doesn't he pull the girls out? And why does he let them play basketball? No wonder his daughter hates him. He's a psycho and an embarassment.
Attachments:
IMG_8496.PNG

Posted by: just saying ()
Date: January 03, 2018 06:38PM

Sounds like Bill Park is just keeping it real and Dave Thomas's people don't like that.

I guess the truth will hurt

Posted by: Why run ()
Date: January 03, 2018 08:45PM

Running from conflict is not the Navy way. Running from negative posts who have no facts is what wimps do. Park fights the good fight. Whoever put the porn women up has deep seated issues. Let's see what tv says tomorrow. They aren't going to air anything" just cuz Park says it's true " Fact time tomorrow. Meanwhile the value of my house declines.

Posted by: AboutDone ()
Date: January 04, 2018 08:06AM

Why run Wrote:
> Running from conflict is not the Navy way. Running
> from negative posts who have no facts is what
> wimps do. Park fights the good fight. Whoever put
> the porn women up has deep seated issues. Let's
> see what tv says tomorrow. They aren't going to
> air anything" just cuz Park says it's true " Fact
> time tomorrow. Meanwhile the value of my house
> declines.

We all know if something is offered by the media, it’s all the gospel truth too.

Posted by: Lawyer or AboutDone ()
Date: January 04, 2018 04:09PM

What we know is that major media outlets have multiple lawyers that protect against law suits. Tonight's reporter has 3 Emmy's. Contrast that to this site which you clearly visit.

Posted by: Speaking of lawyers ..... ()
Date: January 04, 2018 08:28PM

....... Might be a good idea for a few folks to consult a Member of the Bar. And a little advice to Dave’s online bullies, you might want to think twice before you blog. Any decent plaintiff’s lawyer will want to depose personnel. Be careful about that perjury thing.

Posted by: Should have ()
Date: January 04, 2018 09:19PM

FCPS should have fired the principal years ago when parents went to him about the previous coach. The previous coach hired him in case nobody knows that.

Posted by: Fox and Friends with Miller ()
Date: January 04, 2018 09:55PM

Emmy award winning Peggy Fox is a West Springfield alumnae.....married her high school boyfriend. Kyle Miller is a West Springfield alumnus....funny "coincidence". Also interesting that Bill Park who begged media outlets to cover "his" story knows the segment will be "8 minutes to include commercials". Is Bill Park paying for an infomercial?

It's old news. People lost their jobs and the investigation is complete. There's no new news, Peggy. You've been played by a narcissistic, psychotic parent gone wild - just like to Post reporter back in July that has been "reassigned" for falling for Park's bullshit. Just because Fairfax didn't share their findings with a psychotic parent demanding to see confidential information about their employees doesn't mean they didn't investigate.

Park is pissed because he's not important enough to know what was found in the investigation. The US Navy should investigate this psycho and take away his security clearance. He's a bad dude. His poor daughter. She must be so embarrassed.

Posted by: Post ()
Date: January 04, 2018 11:35PM

The Post guy got a better job with the Post

Date: January 04, 2018 11:39PM

The news report on Channel 9 was very informative.

The report clearly showed that coach Poythress was fired in retaliation for being what Dave Thomas stated "we now know who our mole is, its our football" coach" You saw the document right there on TV. This would seem to be a clear case of the Whistleblowers law. How can you argue its not, it right there in black and white

Also showed that the former ADs email to Thomas, he stated he made him aware of these allegations on the same day it was reported to him. So how can the principal say he didn't know about it.

Somethings not right, the principal should be held accountable? Instead it looks like he threw the others under the bus to save his self.

The LB community has been through enough already, in the best interest of the school and community, reassign the principal and make this someone else problem

Posted by: Believe me ...... ()
Date: January 04, 2018 11:50PM

This is only going to get worse. Stay tuned.

Posted by: SpunStoryTelling ()
Date: January 05, 2018 12:00AM

Out of context. Media tells the truth every time? This is old and way over. Dave did not know what you think he knew. He just didn’t. He cannot fire people, Gateway does that, idiots. Where were the parents in the initial complaint? Why go to the DSA and then pout when nothing was done. No one went to Dave. Some random email and the DSA should have handled the investigation and didn’t. That’s why he has no job. Coach G is a creepy man and clearly a liar. Good riddance. Coach P cannot day “retarded” nor “faggot” in the classroom or on the field this day and time. Add in the Park boy’s alcohol related incident that Coach P covered up for saving the boy’s scholarship and that man had to go too. The county investigated. Done. Now shut up.

Posted by: Blind Faith ()
Date: January 05, 2018 12:22AM

Sounds like blind faith. How do you know Dave didn't know anything? If he did would he tell you? Pretty clear he is a professional liar. Any doubts I had were answered tonight.

Posted by: Alternative facts ()
Date: January 05, 2018 07:23AM

I have no vested interest in this mess, but I did see some alternative facts in the Peggy Fox investigation.

Gianelli was not a teacher. Just a coach.

Mike Clark was essentialy fired for not handling the complaint in proper fashion. Allowed to resign to keep retirement benefits, but listed as resigned.

What was the date on that letter from Clark to Thomas? I suspect he sent that after he knew he was being fired (perhaps a change if story?)

Why is "Poythress is the winningest coach in school history" relevant to a girls basketball story? Is this about the footbal coach or the girls basketball complaint.

Intereting investigation that seemed rather "gossipy" rather than newsworthy.

Posted by: So you think ()
Date: January 05, 2018 07:28AM

Post Wrote:
> The Post guy got a better job with the Post

I have a reliable source that tells me he was reassigned because he fell for the lies of a sports parent. His article was a disgrace to the Post and his immaturity got in the way of reporting truth. From what I'm being told he won't be anywhere near crazy sports parents looking to spin a tale.

FCPS Man of The Decade
Posted by: I TINK SO.........MAAAAAN! ()
Date: January 05, 2018 09:16AM

FPCS Man of the YEAR! Forget the YEAR. With his achievements & leadership skills
Dave Thomas should be Awarded FCPS Man of The Decade.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/virginia/feds-investigating-virginia-school-after-sex-harassment-complaints-against-coach/504918719

Posted by: 3456 ()
Date: January 05, 2018 09:55AM

You people want to keep trying to disrupt the school. Let the kids go to school and quit trying to cause upheavals.
Three people have been fired or resigned already. Most people are ready to try and move forward. I understand things should not have happened when your kids were there, but quit trying to ruin it for the kids there now.

Posted by: DaveForPresident ()
Date: January 05, 2018 10:03AM

Yep. Man of the year! Dave has weathered multiple stupid ass storms with style and a calm demeanor like none other. The girls went to the DSA and didn’t get action. What was the advice of the parents at that point? Oh wait, they didn’t tell their parents but they’ll tell the press? Hello? Red flag!

What does “we have a mole” really mean anyway? Context people.

Park has everything to complain about too. His kid was caught drinking by FCPD. Coach P in FOOTBALL covered the kid. When Coach P was removed Park goes after Dave? Interesting turn of events, no? “Coach P covered for my kid. How about I go after you to retaliate?” That mess is unrelated to the basketball business. It’s all under the FORMER DSA as well.

Issue closed.

Dave, carry on. This shit is over and obnoxiously stinky.

Date: January 05, 2018 12:47PM

Parents were involved from day 1.

Harassment is harassment, do you have a daughter? Would you allow this to happen?

According to the news report, it appears that the DSA reported this to the principal. I am not sure why this was not followed up on. When this thing blew up then everyone went to CYA mode.

The football coach was a witness (or Mole as it was described in the news report) who could collaborate the girls story, so he was fired.

The ultimate responsibility is on the Principal to provide a safe environment for all students. This did not happen in this case, therefore he should be held accountable and terminated.

Posted by: Isthatso ()
Date: January 05, 2018 02:35PM

Those girls did not alert their parents or they would have gone off after admin did nothing. They were advised to go above the DSA and they didn’t. The students let all that time pass by with no action? If Dave knew, he would have handled it. Add in the fact that he cannot fire or hire teachers and this is just dumb. The b-ball coach is gone. Good. He will never coach again. Coach P isn’t the only adult to corroborate the stories plus he’s not even the whistleblower! What did he have to gain or lose from what was going on in the basketball program with GIRLS?!? Think aboutbit. Coach P had to go. He couldn't teach, hold his tongue, or control his athletes. Game over.

Forward march, LBSS. By the way, “the principal” is not capitalized. An elected official should know that, don’t you think?

Date: January 05, 2018 02:55PM

What an idiot!!

You have 16-17 year old girls who were brave enough to tell a school official when someone was doing wrong and you want to chastise them?

Dave Thomas knew when this happened and chose to do nothing. This has already been established. The football coach had nothing to gain is right, that's why Thomas wanted him out. He could corroborate the DSAs story

When the dust settles, Thomas will be out and the former football coach will have a nice settlement!!

Maybe Dave can hit him up for a loan..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

GAME OVER!!!!

Posted by: Next step ()
Date: January 05, 2018 05:06PM

Does anyone disagree that a nexus exists? The only solution is to move Thomas immediately. We can argue whether he should be moved within the county or fired. But he has to go.

Posted by: Handle rejection much? ()
Date: January 06, 2018 07:16PM

Park just can't handle being told "no"
Attachments:
IMG_8524.PNG

Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.