HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I-66 tolls: $40 too high? Depends whom you ask
Posted by: WTOP rats ()
Date: December 06, 2017 05:58PM

With tolls for solo drivers on the Interstate 66 express lanes inside the Beltway spiking to as high as $40 in the first few days of operation, a Republican member of a Virginia transportation panel is calling for immediate changes. But Virginia Secretary of State Aubrey Layne says "squeezing out the single drivers" is what policymakers wanted all along.

^^ note that this expresses that VA lawmakers are well aware of the rate hikes, however the expression is not confirmed legally, it is only rumor or hearsay if they are "legally aware"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 tolls: $40 too high? Depends whom you ask
Posted by: thanks.....................??? ()
Date: December 06, 2017 06:20PM

Posted by: JXPNN ()
Date: December 06, 2017 06:21PM

I will be impressed when the tolls around here hit $100. Then we will know we have made it. Hopefully this will cause the housing prices to skyrocket and I can cash out.

Posted by: yjtpv ()
Date: December 06, 2017 06:35PM

Question #1. Where is the ACCOUNTANT'S ACCOUNTABILITY? How does one confirm if a commuter has been over-charged? (theft by agency niggers in DC running it, or illegals in fairfax, or whoever). It's SPECIFICALLY ILLEGAL to bill a person without a way to determine if they've been over-charged. There is simply no doubt.

Question #2. How does this toll compare to other cities in the USA?

Question #3. Does it have to do with "the road to Obama" (the road being %95 illegals heading into DC - which can be seen by any person with eyes by looking over a bridge)

Question #4. Is the money for new lane added into DC from where 66 runs past 495? Who is getting the money, in who's bank account is it being deposited?

----------------

It's apparently THE HIGHEST TOLL IN THE USA by a factor of more than %300 for any road length (just 5 miles!!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_toll_roads_in_the_United_States#Virginia

I used to get into DC in 25 min, fucking assholes.

Posted by: 74vhp ()
Date: December 06, 2017 06:36PM

^^ may as well be on another planet now, so "far away" i dont care, due to over-crowding by illegals?

Date: December 06, 2017 06:38PM

Knowing who's on the road (%99 people who aren't even citizens but have government jobs bilking you)

Assuming you don't use the road ...

Is it a fair troll toll?

Posted by: ujtvp ()
Date: December 06, 2017 06:39PM

^^ First answer the question what bank account number and who has access to it. For all we know mayor barry is buying cocaine from grave with dat money.

Date: December 06, 2017 06:42PM

The Wikipedia source above shows that any area of USA reporting is seen planning MANY NEW HOT LANES. who knows where their $$ will fall on price.

Posted by: lyhhd ()
Date: December 06, 2017 06:46PM

Pennsylvania Turnpike is $40/trip, but it's a 500 mi. run orig. built were people in that state never drove (thus the toll) - through the hills, no housing, was for trucking through the state

Posted by: Brown 0nion ()
Date: December 06, 2017 07:10PM

Got stuck in that goddamn 66 traffic today had an IBS attack and shit my pants. Sat in my own filth for 50 minute came home straight to the shower. Came out and the dog was eating the shit right from my pants on the floor. Made me want to join him...

Posted by: President Trump FTW! ()
Date: December 06, 2017 07:29PM

Brown 0nion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Got stuck in that goddamn 66 traffic today had an
> IBS attack and shit my pants. Sat in my own filth
> for 50 minute came home straight to the shower.
> Came out and the dog was eating the shit right
> from my pants on the floor. Made me want to join
> him...

Liberalism makes a person eat shit. Perfect! LOL!

Posted by: It All Depends If ()
Date: December 06, 2017 07:35PM

Your a federal contractor and your company is paying the bill as a perk, or if your paying the bill as a working jerk

Tolls over 3 dollars are a pure rip off on roads you already paid taxes to build

Date: December 06, 2017 07:44PM

It All Depends If Wrote:
> Your a federal contractor and your company is
> paying the bill as a perk, or if your paying the
> bill as a working jerk
>
> Tolls over 3 dollars are a pure rip off on roads
> you already paid taxes to build

That's all it is, just another liberal tax to pay for their abusive, over sized institutions that do not serve the best interest of the American public but only themselves. Liberals destroy every region they move to.

Posted by: Fuck Reptrolls ()
Date: December 06, 2017 08:00PM

Hey, let's get one thing straight. The principle behind these toll lanes is a conservative idea.

It's a basic conservative tenant that everyone is responsible for themselves and that the country would be better off with lower general taxes but heavy on "usage" taxes. These HOT lane taxes are just Republican Usage taxes like a $75 fee to enter a National Park.

Dems, on the other hand, believe in general taxes and shared infrastructure that serve the common good. Roads were always an example of general infrastructure that everyone paid for and everyone benefited from.

But now we're in a mode where no one wants to think of the common good and everyone is just looking out for themselves. It's doubly troubling that they turned the 66 lanes that everyone paid for with their taxes into Lexus lanes that only the rich can afford.

Date: December 06, 2017 08:36PM

Fuck Reptrolls Wrote:
> Hey, let's get one thing straight. The principle
> behind these toll lanes is a conservative idea.
>
> It's a basic conservative tenant that everyone is
> responsible for themselves and that the country
> would be better off with lower general taxes but
> heavy on "usage" taxes. These HOT lane taxes are
> just Republican Usage taxes like a $75 fee to
> enter a National Park.
>
> Dems, on the other hand, believe in general taxes
> and shared infrastructure that serve the common
> good. Roads were always an example of general
> infrastructure that everyone paid for and everyone
> benefited from.
>
> But now we're in a mode where no one wants to
> think of the common good and everyone is just
> looking out for themselves. It's doubly troubling
> that they turned the 66 lanes that everyone paid
> for with their taxes into Lexus lanes that only
> the rich can afford.

Lol! You can't change facts. This is just another disaster by democrats because they want to squeeze as much money out of citizens as possible. You want common good? Move to fucking Cuba, North You communist shithead.

Posted by: gbbmn ()
Date: December 06, 2017 09:25PM

thanks.....................??? Wrote:
> Thanks for starting a new thread when others on
> this topic already exist.
>
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/274
> 0920.html
>
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/27
> 42908.html
>
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/27
> 45021.html

how could that be? i just heard about it today and didn't see an article on the first page when i searched for "40" ! :)

Posted by: Tolls Not Too Damn High ()
Date: December 06, 2017 10:18PM

You aren’t meant to get on 66 during HOV if you’re driving by yourself. That’s the entire point of making the cost so high.

If it was only 5 dollars everyone and their mother would be getting on and nothing would move! If the toll is 40 dollars though maybe pick someone up to ride with you so you can split the cost. Better yet pick up three other people to split the cost even more and further reduce congestion.

If you’re a single driver getting on 66 during rush hour you deserve to pay $100!!!!

Posted by: easy rider ()
Date: December 06, 2017 10:34PM

#1 http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/2745140/2745297.html#msg-2745297 those posts are pre-dated and un-related. "$10-20" and "$34" is not $40"

poster is a troll trying to supress TODAY'S NEWS: the fucking $40 toll

ALSO MY ARTICLE INCLUDES A CITATION OF TOLLS AROUND THE COUNTRY, however partial the list is

also: sure there is a cost associated with road use, but any fool knows if Pennsylvania has italian road workers making $175,000/yr for maintenance jobs and it costs $40 for 500 mi. of travel: then going through 5 mi. of annandale cannot also cost $40.

THIS ARTICLE IS ABOUT MONEY. $40. Who's paying it. Who's getting free ez-passes ("the poor", meaning any democrat approved minority who's democrat paperwork is signed by another loyal democrat: this i know for a fact)

The question is: why is it so high, and how do people react to it.

WTOP, always touting goverment will get it's way or you'll die: they expressed bluntly that it doesn't matter why and people can complain but that it will continued without any explination of where the money goes.

and with that said: it's a good topic and not like the others

Posted by: cu77e ()
Date: December 06, 2017 11:01PM

google "a white guy stole my car". "Do you mean: a nigger stole my car?"

Searches related to annandale
annandale koreatown
annandale zip
annandale korean
annandale va map
annandale neighborhoods
annandale va to washington dc
annandale va directions
annandale korean bbq

Date: December 06, 2017 11:22PM

MORE FACTS

The toll road begins in Annandale and arguably end in the city of DC (if you include the end). FAIRFAX COUNTY "GOVERNMENT" rules over annandale (noting in VA the only government is the VA government - inner governments are illegal). WTOP radio station is located in D.C. (note major donors to both republican and democrat committees are asians from annandale, some wealthy from federal accounting job money)

EZ-PASS is paid through the Governor of Virginia's website, www.virginia.gov (.government is implied)

Richmond, VA had been over-run by blacks, hispanics and democrats. If you call or write Richmond for any State business - your more than likely to get a black city democrat on the other end, as if you'd called the City of Washington D.C.

this $40 PER TRAVEL hike is higher than it used to cost getting pulled over by police and getting an HOV traffic ticket, if i'm right.

Annandale has many rich asians, rich on federal government (accounting) jobs who control / "are major contributors" to BOTH of fairfax's only two political parties - Democrat and the barely existing republicans. Annandale lifestyle has rapidly accelerated to new tall buildings surrounded by stylish shopping centers: wonder how they plan to pay for all their new successes?

ASSESSMENT: it may very well be a political concocted hike. one thing is for sure: RICHMOND, VA Democrats are banking the money. And that's for sure.

Posted by: gyjgd ()
Date: December 06, 2017 11:23PM

home-page-logos3.png?v=1

Posted by: superfreak ()
Date: December 07, 2017 12:12AM

Seems to me Democrats are charging the toll on 66 without having built a new lane and Democrats are blaming Republicans for costs which is a typical lie (both were built way way back, original and 2nd lane "widening").

Meanwhile Democrats are pointing to Republicans as living in McLean in big houses (I know a couple homes / people that are from private industry profit and were built way back before government workers were allowed to be rich - ie, an easter board big usa corporation manager). However: it's during democrat rule that GOVERNMENT workers are driving luxury asian cars, living in mc'mansions in large numbers: not during Republican rule.

Looks to me like democrats are hypocrites and pumping the news with lies. Is anything new? No, not since Clinton made being a douche bag legally called "winning".

Posted by: River Rats ()
Date: December 07, 2017 12:27AM

MARYLAND now has more than EIGHT (8) bridges toward DC over the Potomac River and 1/2 round land access.

Virginia has 5 bridges toward DC and no land access.

The last big bridge project I remember was 495 between Maryland and Alexandria - a bridge that already existed. Arguably Maryland wants the bridge because Fairfax County (and in-betweens) are hiring Maryland illegals and other workers (you see maryland plates in fairfax frequently on things like white vans and big duelly trucks). Think maryland is hiring many people from fairfax, or no, hiring their sanctuary state illegals home grown?

Meanwhile - democrats controlling price of travel into DC - many agencies in DC - and ALSO CONTROLLING WHO GETS FREE PASSES given out by illegals working in fairfax signing "need forms" (which could be done only for illegals). You have to ask if collecting tax is the only objective. (it could be money is powerful: but control of who can travel into DC is also a "power")

Posted by: up7tp ()
Date: December 07, 2017 01:44AM

bump

Posted by: wxc9m ()
Date: December 07, 2017 01:45AM

JXPNN Wrote:
> I will be impressed when the tolls around here hit
> $100. Then we will know we have made it. Hopefully
> this will cause the housing prices to skyrocket
> and I can cash out.

i would be like "well start sucking because your not getting $100 until you do your work!"

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: December 07, 2017 07:28AM

Fuck Reptrolls Wrote:
>
> enter a National Park.
>
> benefited from.
>
> the rich can afford.

In that case, METRO should also be free.

Posted by: Million Dollar Moron ()
Date: December 07, 2017 11:30AM

>If the toll is 40 dollars though maybe pick someone up to ride with you so you can split the cost

Such a steal ! 1 or 2 riders , 20 to 13 dollars in to work 6-7 more to go home plus parking. Plus child care for many , fuck it why work !

You must be a overpaid lazy Fed getting free toll lane use and parking or plainly stupid

Posted by: Herbert Kornfeld ()
Date: December 07, 2017 11:33AM

Million Dollar Moron Wrote:
> >If the toll is 40 dollars though maybe pick
> someone up to ride with you so you can split the
> cost
>
> Such a steal ! 1 or 2 riders , 20 to 13 dollars in
> to work 6-7 more to go home plus parking. Plus
> child care for many , fuck it why work !
>
> You must be a overpaid lazy Fed getting free toll
> lane use and parking or plainly stupid

Pick someone up? From where? And where do we drop them off? And what if it's some smelly ass liberal fuck with a pink pussy hat that I have to listen to whine all the way to DC? Fuck that

Posted by: wptp6 ()
Date: December 07, 2017 11:36AM

The universe is set up so that stupid shits are fucked no matter what they do.

Posted by: The Jackass Region ()
Date: December 07, 2017 11:44AM

If they wanted to squeeze out individual drivers all along.
Why not, just make it illegal from them to drive at all and if caught throw them in jail?

But instead they will Whore out the I-66 Corridor Inside the Beltway for big bucks and it will continue. Feel sorry for those confused folks from out of town who end up paying huge amounts in Tolls.

Welcome to Liberal Northern VA!

Posted by: 66Driver ()
Date: December 07, 2017 09:13PM

I took the 66 toll lanes today after work. I got off work from the iron works and headed back towards Fairfax Circle. Just wanted some fish and chips over at the Arthur Treacher's over there. Spent $73.13 to go from the factory to Fairfax. Too expensive, even with my union wages!

Posted by: fdphk ()
Date: December 08, 2017 12:15AM

LetsRock Wrote:
> Fuck Reptrolls Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hey, let's get one thing straight. The
> principle
> > behind these toll lanes is

no. the tenant of Virginia upper class and courts and churches (the heirarchy in VA) has always been - since before your ass got here ...

"DRIVING IS A Privilege, NOT A RIGHT"

it's probably true in some other state that driving was a right. not here.

Posted by: pnpwp ()
Date: December 08, 2017 12:22AM

Million Dollar Moron Wrote:
> >If the toll is 40 dollars though maybe pick
> someone up to ride with you so you can split the
> cost
>
> Such a steal ! 1 or 2 riders , 20 to 13 dollars in
> to work 6-7 more to go home plus parking. Plus
> child care for many , fuck it why work !
>
> You must be a overpaid lazy Fed getting free toll
> lane use and parking or plainly stupid

there's the untended question: why after all the tax haven't they built more lanes and built another bridge yet? (and given the new money will they do they job or again steal it)

the money IS NOT for paying for the road: the road being discussed was "always there" and decades ago was widened to two lanes - way before dems got control.

> METRO

Metro is run by DC which we all know is NAACP in hiding. Forcing use of their service by jacking tolls on a road they didn't build is NOT beyond their capacity to scheme up.

> TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION

there is a toll / tax but where the money is going is not stated - it's unchartered. it could be used for vacations. it was literally a fee that came out of no-where without any liability for it's use.

Posted by: kmx3b ()
Date: December 08, 2017 12:25AM

> Pick someone up? From where? And where do we
> drop them off? And what if it's some smelly ass
> liberal fuck with a pink pussy hat that I have to
> listen to whine all the way to DC? Fuck that

that PROGRAM was made before the CDC warned aids could be spread by contact, and that running a water fountain for 15 sec did NOT protect someone from aids if someone aids infected had previously used the water fountain (yet i still fill my water bottle from them, stupid as i am - i don't have money to protect myself)

that PROGRAM was made before NVA became full of the same people we are at war with

that PROGRAM was made before blacks began using the metro to get to places to do crime outside of DC

-----------------------

that program is dead

it's not safe for your grandma to share a ride unless she's a texas grandma with a Colt 45 and a handi-wipe

Posted by: vtvnh ()
Date: December 08, 2017 12:38AM

the problem with Metro is they price is unreasonable and the safety and cleansliness went down the tubes. carbon credits wise it's a failure due to theft in government not due to heat and friction.

* the problem with everyone driving is of course: the bottle neck of traffic

* THE BOTTLE NECK can be reduced by adding a bridge and widening lanes - VA owes some money to that maintenance (VDOT does all roads). one could argue that VDOT or DC has intently blocked the most needed roads in NVA (the DC work commute) intently to create a problem they are needed to resolve (they never resolve it, thus are always paid to "work on it")

* smog depends on the vehicles - which is much better recently than when the laws were written. if everyone were forced to use electric scooters it would be greener.

* parking in DC, is expensive, although that's a PRIVATE BUSINESS that takes care of itself due to "supply and demand" (or it's supposed to be!! f'ing democrats may be using tax money for free parking, those bastards from hell). democrats hate private businesses unless they are foreign owned: then they make a law against the usa business and when it shuts down they repeal the law and aid and abed the criminals in a foreign country to sell the import without a competitor in the usa: dems are doing this currently by trying to shut down USA electronics, USA tobacco, USA ownership of coffee fields in south america - they are trying to shut these down by law - but of course all of these are things other countries make and would kill to get import contracts for. kill.

Posted by: justice peak ()
Date: December 08, 2017 12:49AM

During Bill Clinton democrats made it ILLEGAL to donate cars to the Salvation Army (charitable organization run by OUR OWN MILITARY)

keep in mind even a dead car has about $800 in METAL VALUE (becuase mining metal isn't cheap, melting solid metal is so much easier than mining it). modern prices maybe higher. (in wisconsin you get 5 cents per aluminum can to put that into perspective). in Fairfax if you recycle metal they give you NOTHING: which is a crime because there is NO ACCOUNTABILITY of how the county uses that money (which bank account number it deposits to, who has access to it).

A year AFTER shutting down the Salvation Army, the democrat bitches from hell repealed the law and all of the sudden a New Jersey NON-PROFIT began advertising for "charity car donation" on you guessed it, the area facist radio: WTOP. (that's right - your fucking tax money bought them the business and paid employees: non-profit MEANS government grant means tax funded: they get the $800 per car but also get grant money)

the above was an example of how democrats use law to close down USA institutional business to replace it with criminal businesses

you should not think "CARS FOR KIDS" is the only scam running, or suspect the new business is always in NJ. dems are trying to kill Virginia tobacco - because hispanics are growing competing tobacco and want to charge murder rates for importing it after they swindle VA out of it's business

(p.s. NJ owns junk yards and is nearly the #1 auto theft capitol in the USA)

https://www.kars4kids.org/

Posted by: Hmmmm ()
Date: December 08, 2017 07:28AM

Fuck Reptrolls Wrote:
>
> enter a National Park.
>
> benefited from.
>
> the rich can afford.

If that's the case, why do these types of tolls always show up in liberal controlled areas? I've live in other states of the country, and only in liberal areas in those liberal areas were there tolls like this.

Posted by: DC niggers or Niggers in general ()
Date: December 08, 2017 07:37AM

vtvnh Wrote:
> the problem with Metro is they price is
> unreasonable and the safety and cleansliness went
> down the tubes. carbon credits wise it's a
> failure due to theft in government not due to heat
> and friction.
>
> * the problem with everyone driving is of course:
> the bottle neck of traffic
>
> * THE BOTTLE NECK can be reduced by adding a
> bridge and widening lanes - VA owes some money to
> that maintenance (VDOT does all roads). one could
> argue that VDOT or DC has intently blocked the
> most needed roads in NVA (the DC work commute)
> intently to create a problem they are needed to
> resolve (they never resolve it, thus are always
> paid to "work on it")
>
> * smog depends on the vehicles - which is much
> better recently than when the laws were written.
> if everyone were forced to use electric scooters
> it would be greener.
>
> * parking in DC, is expensive, although that's a
> PRIVATE BUSINESS that takes care of itself due to
> "supply and demand" (or it's supposed to be!!
> f'ing democrats may be using tax money for free
> parking, those bastards from hell). democrats
> hate private businesses unless they are foreign
> owned: then they make a law against the usa
> business and when it shuts down they repeal the
> law and aid and abed the criminals in a foreign
> country to sell the import without a competitor in
> the usa: dems are doing this currently by trying
> to shut down USA electronics, USA tobacco, USA
> ownership of coffee fields in south america - they
> are trying to shut these down by law - but of
> course all of these are things other countries
> make and would kill to get import contracts for.
> kill.

incompetent niggers(cliché), run DC, that could operate a lemonade stand!
When this snow hits tonite, watch how long it takes DC to plow the streets/sidewalks etc!
If non-nigger tells a high ranking coon a BETTER WAY, he will most likely be fired.
I feel sorry every time Paul wiedefeld comes on the radio re:metro business....
He had deal with all these animals with dreadlocks 24/7.
Seems the only two jobs that niggers do better than ANYONE ELSE-garbage men(hang on back of truck monkeys) and criminals.

Say “NO” to DC STATEHOOD FOR THESE COONS!

Posted by: Virginia is for Losers ()
Date: December 08, 2017 10:46AM

You make quite a spectacle of yourself.

Posted by: KIck 'em in the nuts ()
Date: December 08, 2017 10:51AM

They should just leave the rush-hour toll at $35 for all four hours. It would serve these parasitic west county paupers right.

Posted by: Fmkjy ()
Date: December 08, 2017 12:07PM

> Lol! You can't change facts.

Why not? You have. The effort to screw over commuters with toll roads has been bipartisan. They have been supported by Republicans as a way to keep taxes down. They have been supported by Democrats as a way to finance transportation projects the Commonwealth could not otherwise afford.

Posted by: Paying for your stupidity ()
Date: December 08, 2017 12:33PM

What was and is needed are means to keep the roads moving. That's difficult to do since you god-forsaken morons all try to drive to and from work on the same roads at the same time. How fucking dumb is that? At least a nice $40 toll may convince a few of you mindless pukes to find some other option.

Posted by: Johnny Law ()
Date: December 15, 2017 11:47PM

http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/hov-rulesfaq.asp

Someone was asking on one of these threads about the error on the VDOT site about airport use. It has been corrected.

Posted by: hydxh ()
Date: December 16, 2017 02:43AM

Paying for your stupidity Wrote:
> What was and is needed are means to keep the roads
> moving. That's difficult to do since you
> god-forsaken morons all try to drive to and from
> work on the same roads at the same time. How
> fucking dumb is that? At least a nice $40 toll
> may convince a few of you mindless pukes to find
> some other option.

no. you could get a shotgun and have chained prisoners build a new road. just shoot the ones that are no longer attached to the chain! easy.

the "REAL" bottleneck is the city grid and parking (it's available above and below ground: and it's expensive, but has always been in high demand)

Posted by: 9weuc ()
Date: December 16, 2017 02:48AM

we know RICHMOD is getting the money (but we do NOT know if the money is being used to raise pay for richmond blacks, or is going into welfare for illegals, or - you wish - is all dumping back into VDOT)

if it's all dumping into VDOT it'd be the old argument that VDOT shouldn't have to pay for NVA's hot mess because fairfax was supposed to kick in some funds for it and instead spent it on making bullova a queen following only her own rules and the area a welfare state for illegal aliens who vote for her.

HOWEVER - YOU WISH it dumped into VDOT. you don't know. and you might need a revolver and permission to enter a courthouse with it to get that kind of information: because they aren't going to just give it to you, if my guess is correct

guess #1: they never advertised or stated coming improvements or made any statements of legitimacy

guess #2: you can guess #1 means it is all monkey business

Posted by: ydg9g ()
Date: December 16, 2017 11:39AM

the issue back to the 80's was ALWAYS (the city of) alexandria and properties along that lane

anyone KNEW that land was going to be needed for widening but alexandria+fairfax politicians bought up the land and instead of zoning it commercial: zoned it residential

that means if fairfax+VDOT wants "right of way" to add lanes (instead of purchasing some outher route over river), they have to pay out the "public right of way" - buy out all those properties

that situation has LONG been known of as "the real obstacle"

however: it was a purely politically contrived problem to start with, the common way corrupt politicians in those days used to made money on the side

-----------------------

there's another issue. if alexandria allows a wider road for (west) fairfax into DC it reduces the VALUE of living in alexandria which has more routes to DC (via smaller roads)

that is another "hold back" for elminating the bottle neck

and as mentioned above: VDOT services roads but does not "add funds" for all needed roads: such as roads needed by particular businesses like Dulles or to accomodate increasing access to jobs outside the state in MD/DC. simply put VDOT expects the area with such a need provides some funds because they are the ones asking for it

Posted by: uldnd ()
Date: December 16, 2017 11:42AM

similarly, you can expect VDOT on the east coast does not provide resort areas with all extra access to highways to allow for extra traffic due to tourism: because that's a need the beach town created, so the self decided beach town needs to pay into the "EXTRAS" they need to make their decisions work

that's how VDOT worked in the past. things change though - who knows what they are doing now for sure

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.