HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
aggressive child support lawyer needed
Posted by: drained ()
Date: December 06, 2006 08:31AM

Who is best/most aggressive child support lawyer in FX county?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: aggressive child support lawyer needed
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: December 06, 2006 09:31AM

I have had friends deal with this child support issue. The best advice I can give is add up what you will need to pay over the life of the kids, and compare it to what you will pay a GOOD lawyer. Child support legal conflicts can blow up to $100K per parent once the lawyers are done with all the billable hours in court filings, phone calls, FAXing, document review, and court appearances (including travel time at $200+ per hour), and fathers usually get the shaft anyway even after all that happens. Judges usually base child support payments on a formula, which you can find for Virginia with a Google search.

If you have a lot more resources than your spouse it is possible that you can hire a good attorney, forcing your spouse to do the same, and when money starts running out then you can come to a settlement. But if you want to lower child support because "I don't want to give a dime to that bitch" then you will pay out the ass to do it, and if you are a father will likely still lose and be stuck with the formula. Don't blow what money you have left after your divorce on lawyers.

Date: December 06, 2006 09:48AM

Thanks for the info. I just want to pay the support AND eat in the same month!! I don't think its asking too much.

Date: December 06, 2006 10:50AM

Understandable... just make sure you will still have a table to eat on.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: December 06, 2006 12:39PM

drained Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the info. I just want to pay the
> support AND eat in the same month!! I don't think
> its asking too much.

Guess you should have kept the broad, eh?

I can see why some guys endure years of Hell in order to avoid being taken to the cleaners by some vengeful bitch.

Posted by: ferfux_ ()
Date: December 06, 2006 12:47PM

It's cheaper to keep her
It is cheaper to keep her
When your little girl makes you mad
You get an attitude and pack your bag
Five little children that you're leaving behind
You're gonna pay some alimony or do some time

It's cheaper to keep her (Cheaper to keep her)
See when you get to staring that judge in the face
You're gonna wanna cuss the whole human race
Too much to leave that little girl (Cheaper to keep her)
It's cheaper, it's cheaper, cheaper, it's cheaper
It's cheaper, it's cheaper
It's cheaper cheaper cheaper cheaper, yeah

You didn't pay for two dollars to bring the girl home
Now you're about to pay two thousand to leave alone
See another woman out there, you wanna make a change
She ain't gonna watch you
'Cause you won't have a damn thing

Cheaper to keep her (Cheaper to keep her)
The time you get to looking at the judge in the face
You're gonna wanna cuss the whole human race
Cost too much to leave (It's cheaper to keep her)
It's cheaper, cheaper, it's cheaper, it's cheaper
It's cheaper, cheaper
Cheaper cheaper cheaper cheaper, yeah

If you decide to roam
and leave your happy home
You gotta pay the house note
The child support, your insurance
Alimony, morgage 1, morgage 2

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 06, 2006 01:16PM

if they are both dead, you dont have to give them any money.   ^^

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: December 06, 2006 01:35PM

You need a lawyer to support your aggressive child?

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: December 06, 2006 05:06PM

I would save the money you will spend on a lawyer. The man is always screwed. The state uses a schedule to figure how much you should be paying based on your income. You produce W-2's they look at your other assests like savings and home equity then tell you to bend over. Your current bills do not count against what you will pay. In other words just because you have a mortgage or car payment that is tough. They only consider your income. You made $50,000 gross last year they use that, nothing else counts like taxes or credit card bills.

Also dont think you will quit your job and take one that pays less because that wont work either. You will still have to pay based on current jobs.

Lastly I dont want to bring you down but remember the big check you send her each month, it is her choice as to how it is spent, you have no say. You send her a $1,000 a month she can buy new clothes for herself or go out on the town or take a trip without the kids . Dont think for a minute that doesnt happen.

Date: December 06, 2006 05:32PM

Sure that happens. But I disagree that $1000/month is necessarily unreasonable. It's the equivalent of $5.95/hour for a full-time employee. For a small kid, that doesn't even cover a month of daycare so the wife can be at work. If the support-receiving spouse didn't have a professional career, they would likely have to move out of the area. If an ex-spouse can afford to spend some of the child-support payment on shopping and trips, then chances are the spouse has other money to cover the difference. Which means there was a split and the paying spouse has that too.

If I get divorced one day I won't fight a formula child support judgment, but as Tim45 brings up even if I wanted to get divorced I would likely put it off until the kids are 18 and graduated high school, after which point it's "see ya."

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 06, 2006 06:13PM

i have heard three rules from a guy that has been married and divorced a bunch of times and has a herd of children.

1) do not get married.
2) if you find yourself in violation of rule #1 dont have kids.
3) if you find yourself in violation of rule #1 and #2 give her whatever she wants to get rid of her.

personally, i think if you dont rush into a marriage and/or marry some crazy bitch you should be ok. however, having kids increases the chances of her becoming a crazy bitch like 10,000%. let's face it, kids maky people happy at first and miserable later.

additionally, if she asks you to go on a tv show for any reason, immediately liquidate ALL of your assets, move the money to offshore accounts, and file for divorce. if they want to go on a tv show, all is already lost because they want you to change which is rarely possible. doing so will avoid years of deteriorating relations that will ultimately make you regret ever meeting her.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 06, 2006 06:21PM

If you have kids you should want to take care of them; wether you are married or have a baby momma who is crazy or not. I agree with pgens.

Posted by: m4ilm4n ()
Date: December 06, 2006 07:45PM

Tim45 is correct in that the state has a formula based upon both parties' gross income. It does take into account who's paying for child care, insurance, etc., but not your everyday expenses. Your legal bills will be commensurate with how difficult the custody battle is - the more contentious, the more it'll cost.

If you want to go with a good attorney, try David Ginsberg of Cooper Ginsberg Gray in Fairfax - well worth the expense.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: December 06, 2006 08:56PM

An old girlfriend of mine got $3200 a month(2 kids+spousal support), $50,000 IRA and the house from her ex-husband. The guy was probably making about $80,000 a year. Basically bankrupt the guy. When his income increased she went back after him for more support money and won.

Get a good Lawyer!

Date: December 07, 2006 11:54AM

I guess the friend isn't in Virginia... I don't believe there is alimony or spousal support here.

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: December 07, 2006 01:26PM

pgens Wrote:
> I guess the friend isn't in Virginia... I don't
> believe there is alimony or spousal support here.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+20-107.1

There are some interesting loop holes in the code, but it does exist.

Posted by: § ()
Date: December 07, 2006 03:01PM

In addition to kids costing the man money in a divorce, let's not forget about the woman, especially if she was a "homemaker" with little or no income.

Any decent lawyer would argue that the woman was denied employment for X number of years in order to raise the child(ren) (read: even if she's just a lazy b!tch who watches Oprah all day long and has her legal ponzi schemes....er..I mean, Tupperware / Southern Living / Pampered Chef, etc. parties in order to contribute to the family, even though she's only earning $48 dollars a month plus free orange slicers and scented candles you'll never use) thus complicating her professional career development and earning potential making her retirement prospects and standard of living solely dependent on a future entry level job (assuming woman is 45 and over - the unofficial CBA point at which it makes little sense to start over and get a degree). To complicate matters, there's the whole age discrimination issue for future employment prospects, etc.,

I can't begin to emphasize this enough fellas - - -

DO NOT EVER agree to have children unless your wife is EMPLOYED full-time with benefits (read: insurance / retirement) with a salary that is comparable to yours (if her salary is greater, then pat yourself on the back, you did well) and YOU WILL (not pledge, plan or intend) be with her for at least 18 years after the child's birth.

Always do your homework and due diligence -- it'll keep you from drowning in the baby pool. -§

Date: December 07, 2006 07:45PM

My friends wife stayed at home to "take care" of the kids while he worked two jobs even though the kids were in school most of the time.
When the divorce came she did just what you said, "I dont have any skills and need several years to learn a job". End result in court was he paid alimony, child support and she got half his retirement. He ended up living in a garage where he rented space. Its all he could afford. He had to pay so she could learn a skill and of course after two years she never did. The judge cut off that part but in the meantime she was having a great time at his expense.
It totally sucks but there isn't much a middle income to low income guy can do.
Most of his child support went to send her and new boyfriend on several vacations while the kids stayed with her parents or my friend. Maybe this is a rare incident but I have heard more than a few like it.

Posted by: 356 ()
Date: December 08, 2006 10:11AM

Don't do it. Don't seek legal advice from a bunch of cheese dicks on an internet forum. Man up for christs sake.

Date: December 08, 2006 10:25AM

The girl does live in Virginia and her case was settled in VA as far as I know. Yes she got spousal support and part of his retirement.

Date: December 08, 2006 11:29AM

The moral of the story? Wrap that rascal.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: December 08, 2006 11:54AM

Agreed, the score here is Trojan: 1 Childbirth: 0

Posted by: uhhcyaa ()
Date: December 08, 2006 01:39PM

They are located in Fairfax City near the courthouse. Website is http://www.hottell.com/

Posted by: Nik ()
Date: December 08, 2006 01:45PM

As a child of divorce myself, I can only say that it sucks that my dad barely paid child support - and since I'm 18, my mom gets nothing.

It definitely sucks.

So ask yourself: do you hate your ex-wife more than you love your kids?

Edit:
Parenting is about sacrifice. If you're not willing to give up that big-ass porterhouse steak to make sure your kids have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to take to school, you shouldn't be a parent in the first place.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2006 01:51PM by Nik.

Date: December 08, 2006 04:55PM

nik it sucks that your dad didnt pay child support, but im not your dad. i have always payed. Im not willing to pay for everything and then some,and then only get to see her every other weekend. i have always paid for everything, and now that the ex has to go into her purse for money, i have to go back to court so she can make her monthly paycheck go up, so she can go back to paying nothing. another thing, i know plenty of people that pay bunch of money to their ex and little to none of the money went to their kids. so nik even if your dad payed you still might not have seen any of the money.

Date: December 08, 2006 05:14PM

Tim45: It happens more often in rural and traditionalist families where the man wants to keep the woman down, in the home, making his dinner, and having to ask for money from the National Bank of Household Power. I know of two families, one of which is related, where this had happened. One husband did exactly what you said after getting taken to the cleaners, only he slept at his workplace or in his truck for a year before moving in with Mom and Pops at age 42. If the marriage fails, only then do the tides turn -- and they do turn ugly in most cases.

Forget equality. It's about protecting your assets. Gentlemen, empower your wives to seek careers. You can always order take-out. -§

Date: December 08, 2006 07:10PM

In my friends case it had nothing to do with keeping her down. They both agreed the kids would do better with a full time parent at home. He worked two jobs so this could happen.

To Nik, I am sorry your dad was a bum but think how much it kills other dads to pay child support and the mom uses it to take vacations and leave the kids with the grandparents. If the dad is able to pay then he should. Today there are federal laws so the dads cant escape by moving to another state. As long as he has a job on the books he will be garnished for payment and also drivers license suspended.

Another harsh reminder is the dad writes the check but has zero say so in how that is spent. She gets the check, if she wants to buy herself a new car or eat out with new boyfriend everynight while the kids eat soup at home that is her business. The man will get no sympathy from the courts that his kids are wearing rags for clothes and eathing tv dinners each night while ex-wife lives it up.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 08, 2006 07:37PM

the Glib answer is if you think your Ex is running wild and not giving the kid his or her due then hire a private investigator and or turn her in to the IRS. Surely that fancy new car payment has to be on some books somewhere. A car seat sure as hell aint fittin in the back of a mustang. Yeah some dads get it stuck to them by vengeful ex wives and baby momma's but there are on the other hand a lot of dead beat dads out there not willing to take care of the litters they've dropped all over the country.

Date: December 08, 2006 10:02PM

A private investigator will not further your case. It is up to the mother to spend the money as she sees fit. If she buys new clothes for herself and none for the kids she will just say it is for a job interview. The new car is to go look for work not for her pleasure, she just happened to get a good deal on it.

The womens rights group would not stand to let a man question a woman over how child support is spent and neither will the courts.

Posted by: Nik ()
Date: December 10, 2006 11:28AM

No, my dad paid child support, just not much.

And drained, I know you're not my dad. I'm just throwing in my two cents.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Date: December 10, 2006 02:45PM

Well I know that after my ex-girlfriends last settlement she went and bought a new car. The new car was "to transport the kids." Her ex-husband had to pay for it.

I agree, Dad's have zero rights when it comes to pleading a case. She took her ex to the cleaners and she continues to. She has the house and a brand new car at his expense.

FYI - When I broke up with her all it took was me saying "It's over." I didn't have to pay her anything when we broke up. I'm still friends with her and we can still hang out together, That's all because "WE DATED" and never got MARRIED.

In my opinion marriage changes a lot in a relation, including the SIZE of the wife.

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: December 11, 2006 12:15PM

Date: December 11, 2006 02:14PM

I see another loophole for terrorists. -§

Posted by: bjorn1 ()
Date: May 25, 2012 06:56PM

I know of a case (local Virginia) where the guy and the gal were not married but dating. When the gal became pregnant and threw the legal Book at the guy with the demands for child support etc.She was unmarried, no job, etc., crazy hood gal whose normal nature did not come out of the woodwork until her demands and legal proceedings began. His friends saw through the emotional hijacking attempts to rope him in for life, and suggested that she was doing the scam now going around these days where a trailer trash woman goes after a nice guy,(one or more!) gets pregnant and hits up the guy(s) for child support, one after another, to get their life-long support without ever having to work. The more guys they hit on like this the more income they can get for the kids. This guy fortunately saw through it and insisted on paternity testing to be done. After paternity testing showed he could not have been the father,he was legally freed of the whole scam! Beware--there is a lot of desperate folks out there who think up these schemes, and no matter what they tell you, they are NOT going to be using birth control; to protect yourselves, you will have to invest in some trojans--might save you a world of grief!

Posted by: BEWARE ()
Date: May 26, 2012 02:46PM

bjorn1 Wrote:
> I know of a case (local Virginia) where the guy
> and the gal were not married but dating. When the
> gal became pregnant and threw the legal Book at
> the guy with the demands for child support etc.She
> was unmarried, no job, etc., crazy hood gal whose
> normal nature did not come out of the woodwork
> until her demands and legal proceedings began. His
> friends saw through the emotional hijacking
> attempts to rope him in for life, and suggested
> that she was doing the scam now going around these
> days where a trailer trash woman goes after a nice
> guy,(one or more!) gets pregnant and hits up the
> guy(s) for child support, one after another, to
> get their life-long support without ever having to
> work. The more guys they hit on like this the more
> income they can get for the kids. This guy
> fortunately saw through it and insisted on
> paternity testing to be done. After paternity
> testing showed he could not have been the
> father,he was legally freed of the whole scam!
> Beware--there is a lot of desperate folks out
> there who think up these schemes, and no matter
> what they tell you, they are NOT going to be using
> birth control; to protect yourselves, you will
> have to invest in some trojans--might save you a
> world of grief!

They all turn into THIS when you put a ring on their finger...
Attachments:
gollum_rotk_3.jpg

Posted by: The Good Parent ()
Date: July 19, 2012 11:02PM

Deborah Goldenberg handles cases in Fairfax, VA but works out of Vienna. She will do anything to help you win your case even if our a dead beat Dad and your ex-wife is the best Mom in the world. She doesn't care about the well being of the child and you won't have to worry about morals getting in the way. If you want a lawyer that will win then she's the person for you.

Posted by: posmko ()
Date: July 27, 2012 08:05PM

Demetry Pikrallidas next to Fairfax Courthouse

www.piklaw.com

703-267-2600

Posted by: single mom ()
Date: July 27, 2012 08:40PM

drained Wrote:
> Who is best/most aggressive child support lawyer
> in FX county?

How about researching how to be a good father instead of trying to screw your kids out of a decent life. YOU stuck it in so how about YOU try and be a stand-up guy. You can work two jobs if need be.

Posted by: lolyer ()
Date: July 27, 2012 08:52PM

Wow.. old thread from 2006... lol

Single Mom.. Im a guy myself who pays child support.. I know MORE MEN who pay child support (greater than 50% of their take home pay - myself included) than deadbeats... The deadbeat mantra cannot last forever. I know more deadbeat mothers than I do fathers..

Getting a second job or making more money is not the answer because your payment (or what you "single moms" receive) goes higher..

Posted by: Miss end ()
Date: July 28, 2012 01:26AM

Most of these witches don't even spend money on the kids

Date: July 28, 2012 08:32AM

lolyer Wrote:
> Wow.. old thread from 2006... lol
>
> Single Mom.. Im a guy myself who pays child
> support.. I know MORE MEN who pay child support
> (greater than 50% of their take home pay - myself
> included) than deadbeats... The deadbeat mantra
> cannot last forever. I know more deadbeat mothers
> than I do fathers..
>
> Getting a second job or making more money is not
> the answer because your payment (or what you
> "single moms" receive) goes higher..

This is the same problem I have with my Ex. He only makes like 80 grand a year as a heating and air man so I only get like 1750 a month. The way he cheats the system is that he does side work for cash by putting an ad on craigslist. The courts dont know about his side income which I think is about 30 grand. The kids and I are getting screwed over, I have reported him to the IRS but they do nothing. The system is not working for the women and children, we are victims of a male dominated society.

Posted by: scumbagz ()
Date: July 28, 2012 08:43AM

Wage garnishments tend to work wonders.
Sheriff's Deputy shows up at X-Husbands place of work to serve papers.
Whole office starts talking shit.
Douchebag X-Husband feels the heat.
Wages are garnished.
Payments are automatically deducted from each paycheck.

Use the system. Then STFU!

We all know he left you because you suck in bed, bitch all the time, got way too fat, don't keep your vajayjay clean, and have an exit only sign on your backdoor.

If you ever find a desperate retard willing to marry you again you might want to start taking care of yourself and let the whore out.

Posted by: garnishments ()
Date: July 29, 2012 12:28PM

Wage garnishments don't work if he refuses to work- or purposely goes and works at McDonald's instead of doing the work he is capable of for 4-5x that salary.

Took him to court for it, all they did was reset his CS to reflect the McD's salary- so instead of $800 I now get $250. I THOUGHT the rule was they would use imputed income, but obviously they didn't in my case.

He wins, he takes his McD's paycheck home to his new 15 year younger than me girl and she takes care of him (its her condo, her car in her name so I can't lien shit) while I am stuck raising our kid off $250 a month from him.

Last month, he quit. So this month (August) on I will see nothing. I have to wait 90 days without payment before I can take him back to court again. Even so, they MIGHT order a purge on the 11k back support, but I doubt it.

And before you call me out my name, HE divorced ME. HE cheated on ME with that young girl. Literally traded me in for a newer model. i had NOTHING to do with our relationship breaking up; he even told me in court he missed how we made love and my cooking but he just wants a new start in life and felt "tied down" by me. It was no ill will, I just let him have his freedom. He is not a bad guy, just shitty when it comes to the kid. I give him credit he does pick up our child every other weekend like clockwork so I can't complain too much.

it's just shitty about the child support though, that $250 only covers ONE week of daycare that's it. I am working so I will just keep it moving.

Date: July 29, 2012 12:58PM

garnishments Wrote:
> Wage garnishments don't work if he refuses to
> work- or purposely goes and works at McDonald's
> instead of doing the work he is capable of for
> 4-5x that salary.
>
> Took him to court for it, all they did was reset
> his CS to reflect the McD's salary- so instead of
> $800 I now get $250. I THOUGHT the rule was they
> would use imputed income, but obviously they
> didn't in my case.
>
> He wins, he takes his McD's paycheck home to his
> new 15 year younger than me girl and she takes
> care of him (its her condo, her car in her name so
> I can't lien shit) while I am stuck raising our
> kid off $250 a month from him.
>
> Last month, he quit. So this month (August) on I
> will see nothing. I have to wait 90 days without
> payment before I can take him back to court again.
> Even so, they MIGHT order a purge on the 11k back
> support, but I doubt it.
>
> And before you call me out my name, HE divorced
> ME. HE cheated on ME with that young girl.
> Literally traded me in for a newer model. i had
> NOTHING to do with our relationship breaking up;
> he even told me in court he missed how we made
> love and my cooking but he just wants a new start
> in life and felt "tied down" by me. It was no ill
> will, I just let him have his freedom. He is not a
> bad guy, just shitty when it comes to the kid. I
> give him credit he does pick up our child every
> other weekend like clockwork so I can't complain
> too much.
>
> it's just shitty about the child support though,
> that $250 only covers ONE week of daycare that's
> it. I am working so I will just keep it moving.

Wow! Hope you make decent money at your job. I am getting 1750 for two kids one of which is learning disabled. My ex decided to screw a couple of soccer mom's in little rocky run and brought home a nice STD in the process. He is now splitting a townhouse with two of his co-workers and screwing every available split-tail in a 3 county area. I got a flat on the fairfax county pkwy last month with the kids in the car, he laughed and hung up on me when I asked for his help. He leaves me no choice but to go after him in every way legally possible.

Posted by: rocky road ()
Date: July 29, 2012 01:06PM

Attachments:
birth-control.jpg

Posted by: 101 ()
Date: July 29, 2012 02:48PM

single mom Wrote:
> garnishments Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wage garnishments don't work if he refuses to
> > work- or purposely goes and works at McDonald's
> > instead of doing the work he is capable of for
> > 4-5x that salary.
> >
> > Took him to court for it, all they did was
> reset
> > his CS to reflect the McD's salary- so instead
> of
> > $800 I now get $250. I THOUGHT the rule was
> they
> > would use imputed income, but obviously they
> > didn't in my case.
> >
> > He wins, he takes his McD's paycheck home to
> his
> > new 15 year younger than me girl and she takes
> > care of him (its her condo, her car in her name
> so
> > I can't lien shit) while I am stuck raising our
> > kid off $250 a month from him.
> >
> > Last month, he quit. So this month (August) on
> I
> > will see nothing. I have to wait 90 days
> without
> > payment before I can take him back to court
> again.
> > Even so, they MIGHT order a purge on the 11k
> back
> > support, but I doubt it.
> >
> > And before you call me out my name, HE divorced
> > ME. HE cheated on ME with that young girl.
> > Literally traded me in for a newer model. i had
> > NOTHING to do with our relationship breaking
> up;
> > he even told me in court he missed how we made
> > love and my cooking but he just wants a new
> start
> > in life and felt "tied down" by me. It was no
> ill
> > will, I just let him have his freedom. He is not
> a
> > bad guy, just shitty when it comes to the kid.
> I
> > give him credit he does pick up our child every
> > other weekend like clockwork so I can't
> complain
> > too much.
> >
> > it's just shitty about the child support
> though,
> > that $250 only covers ONE week of daycare
> that's
> > it. I am working so I will just keep it moving.
>
>
> Wow! Hope you make decent money at your job. I am
> getting 1750 for two kids one of which is learning
> disabled. My ex decided to screw a couple of
> soccer mom's in little rocky run and brought home
> a nice STD in the process. He is now splitting a
> townhouse with two of his co-workers and screwing
> every available split-tail in a 3 county area. I
> got a flat on the fairfax county pkwy last month
> with the kids in the car, he laughed and hung up
> on me when I asked for his help. He leaves me no
> choice but to go after him in every way legally
> possible.

GOLDDIGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Date: July 29, 2012 03:37PM

single mom Wrote:
> lolyer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wow.. old thread from 2006... lol
> >
> > Single Mom.. Im a guy myself who pays child
> > support.. I know MORE MEN who pay child support
> > (greater than 50% of their take home pay -
> myself
> > included) than deadbeats... The deadbeat mantra
> > cannot last forever. I know more deadbeat
> mothers
> > than I do fathers..
> >
> > Getting a second job or making more money is
> not
> > the answer because your payment (or what you
> > "single moms" receive) goes higher..
>
>
> This is the same problem I have with my Ex. He
> only makes like 80 grand a year as a heating and
> air man so I only get like 1750 a month. The way
> he cheats the system is that he does side work for
> cash by putting an ad on craigslist. The courts
> dont know about his side income which I think is
> about 30 grand. The kids and I are getting screwed
> over, I have reported him to the IRS but they do
> nothing. The system is not working for the women
> and children, we are victims of a male dominated
> society.

You *ONLY* get $1,750 a month? That's about $430 a week..

You also state "We are victims of a male dominated society"...
Let me guess.. You and your child's father went to Family Court for custody, correct?

You most likely filed for sole custody.. So basically you both battled it in court and you won full custody where as he most likely gets to be a part time weekend father..

If I am wrong, I apologize, but please stop acting like a victim. The population as a whole knows that the courts 99% most of the time awards the mother custody of children, and then awards them 18 years (or whatever years left it takes the children to reach 18) - awards them payment which is unregulated and can be spent on anything.

The only people who win is the lawyers. The children are the victims, not us, the parents. I have to fight my way in to my child's life. I never did anything wrong other than fucking with a girl that had mental issues. Even though I had mounds of evidence, witnesses, records that I was the sole caregiver and responsible parent, she was awarded custody..

I showed great cause of why I should have custody; I showed throughout my child's young life that I was the responsible parent while his mother was not. Why are women the de-facto person who is awarded custody and payment..??

I know single moms who do it all by themselves, and single fathers (even though it's rare).. So please stop acting like a victim. Can't you mothers who have custody just enjoy the fact you have your children and live within your means?

Posted by: dr smog ()
Date: July 29, 2012 03:38PM

Miss end Wrote:
> Most of these witches don't even spend money on
> the kids

My brothers ex spent the money on a vacation for her and her best friend during the summer, the kids stayed home. He ends up buying the day to day things for the kids as she spends all the support all on herself, jewelry, trips and clothes. Not a damn thing the court will do about it. Men gets the shitty end of the stick every time.
Anybody that gets $1750 a month should keep their mouth shut and be thankful they get that.

Posted by: JDobbs ()
Date: July 29, 2012 03:46PM

I'm not married and don't see myself learning that lesson any time soon, but I do think with my dick and not with my brain. Would a pre-nup prevented any of these cases? Either the alimony or the child support?

Date: July 29, 2012 03:56PM

o - No pre-nup will prevent you from taking care of your children financially (as the court will put it)

Dr. Smog- I see MANY MANY cases where the mother receives child support - and they treat it like a bonus.

I heard a friend say "Yea, Im broke... But, I get my child support on Friday.. Im gonna buy an outfit to go out to the club"

Posted by: learn or else ()
Date: July 29, 2012 04:02PM

I havent heard of one man in my lifetime who ever came out ahead on child support. I had a friend who knocked up a girl who swore she was on birth control. Later he learned through a mutual friend she wasnt taking anything and wanted to get pregnant. The guy wasnt a millionaire but he was doing well in life. She suckered him into almost 19 years of child support at over $1,400 for one kid.
You know the rest of the story she spent the money on herself while the kid went around in worn out clothes and te man paid for all the summer camps and such. The $1,400 a month was all hers. He also paid the health care premiums and dental which was another $700 a month. So all and all he was out over $2100 a month.

Date: July 29, 2012 04:23PM

^ Thats the boat I'm in.. $1300 a month and I also provide full medical and dental.. I also am responsible for 80% medical incidentals. What a wonderful court system we have! I also am forced to be a part time father and the courts ruling gave my child's mother 100% control of my son's life..

I am not allowed to make any decisions that will affect my child's life (Doctors, Daycare, Education, Shelter, etc) She does not have to consult with me for anything involving my child's life. Also, the judge who presided over my case also presided my sister's case .. lol talking about conflict of interest!!

So yes, Women by FAR have more pull in family court than men.

Date: July 29, 2012 05:15PM

lolyer Wrote:
You *ONLY* get $1,750 a month? That's about $430 a week..

No its $403.85 week or $57.69 a day. He makes 50 bucks a workday in tips alone and hides his side job and tip money from the government. There is no reason he cant pay 2400 a month which is reasonable for two kids. Men are scum!

Posted by: Single Dad ()
Date: July 30, 2012 10:02AM

I let my ex drink herself into oblivion and then got full custody of the kids while she was in rehab. The message to her was F-YOU!

Granted, I've raised and financed them for 19 years, but at least I didn't have to watch her squander child support payments on her foolish lifestyle.

+1 for single dads!

The happy ending: that was 12 years ago and were friends again now :)

Date: July 30, 2012 11:12PM

single mom Wrote:
> lolyer Wrote:
> You *ONLY* get $1,750 a month? That's about $430 a
> week..
>
>
> No its $403.85 week or $57.69 a day. He makes 50
> bucks a workday in tips alone and hides his side
> job and tip money from the government. There is no
> reason he cant pay 2400 a month which is
> reasonable for two kids. Men are scum!

If he makes good money, (and since your going after his money), why don't you let him have the kids 50%... that way the cost is shared ?

Posted by: Dusty J ()
Date: July 30, 2012 11:53PM

single mom Wrote:
> lolyer Wrote:
> You *ONLY* get $1,750 a month? That's about $430 a
> week..
>
>
> No its $403.85 week or $57.69 a day. He makes 50
> bucks a workday in tips alone and hides his side
> job and tip money from the government. There is no
> reason he cant pay 2400 a month which is
> reasonable for two kids. Men are scum!

and you married the guy so what does that say about you?

Posted by: my experience ()
Date: August 03, 2012 06:00PM

is that a lot of men get screwed with child support, have to work several jobs and then have no money to live on while the ex wife lives very lavish life style that she wouldn't be living if they had stayed married

Posted by: Westboro. ()
Date: August 03, 2012 06:08PM

drained Wrote:
> Thanks for the info. I just want to pay the
> support AND eat in the same month!! I don't think
> its asking too much.

Should have thought of that beforehand my little sinner. Enjoy :)

Posted by: Nameless ()
Date: March 22, 2014 05:20PM

DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT use this firm. While the firm will bend the rules of ethical code of conduct in a second to achieve the end result, it will come to you as a client with great expense. Dennis Hottell is a snake who will not only empty your savings, but will try t humiliate the other side. Family attorneys in general are morally bankrupt, but this guy is a cut above the rest. Remember that despite everything, you have a child with another person. While it is the responsibility to make sure the child is in a safe and financially secure environment, it does not justify the tactics used by this man and his firm. If you really need to find an attorney, find one that wants you protected but not to destroy the family itself. I repeat the Hottell Malinowski group is scum.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.