HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: JDNCX ()
Date: December 02, 2017 08:12AM

The media sucks when it comes to explaining things and providing facts.

Starting VERY soon, if you use I-66 inside the Beltway during HOV hours your vehicle MUST have an EZ-Pass.

http://www.66expresslanes.org/

This whole I-66 Toll mess has been totally misunderstood and poorly reported by the press.

The only differences are:

1. ALL commuters/vehicles using I-66 inside the Beltway weekdays during the HOV hours will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass (Preferably EZ-Pass Flex if you have 2 or more occupants so you will not be charged tolls) regardless of how many passengers are in the vehicle. Special note without the grease, beginning in 2022, the HOV requirement will change from HOV 2 to HOV 3!!! No grease for you!

2. ALL lanes will be monitored for EZ-Pass and ALL lanes can be used by ALL vehicles.

3. Clean Special Fuel License Plate Vehicles will have to pay tolls unless they have 2 or more occupants and an EZ-Pass Flex.

4. Dulles Airport drivers will have to pay tolls.

5. Motorcycles are the only vehicles that are not required to pay tolls.

So in a nutshell, get your ass to Giant Food Customer service and buy an EZ-Pass Flex and put it in your car. You NEED it in this freaking area and will need it even more in the future.

Again, ALL lanes are tool lanes and ALL vehicles need an EZ-Pass or EZ-Pass Flex to use I-66 inside the Beltway during HOV hours.

This total change is to allow single occupant vehicles to use I-66 inside the Beltway during HOV hours, you just have to pay a VARIABLE toll with an EX-Pass.

Nothing to see around here, just understand that starting SOON, single occupant vehicles can now use I-66 inside the Beltway during HOV hours for $$$$.

Too bad the press cannot freaking understand this and convey a clear and accurate thought!

So any of you fools that use I66 during HOV hours, very soon you will be REQUIRED to have an EZ-Pass. Here is the listing of locations where you can buy an EZ-Pass. VDOT has been monitoring the vehicles during the HOV hours that currently have EZ-Passes and they claim only around 50% of the vehicles have an EX-Pass!

Note when you buy the EZ-Pass it comes pre-loaded with like $10-$20 of tolls as I recall. You will find out when you purchase the EZ-Pass

Giant Food and Wegmans are the most convenient for most people, but here is the entire list of EZ-Pass retailers: https://www.ezpassva.com/EZPages/Retail-Locations.aspx

Get off the couch and go get your EZ-Pass TODAY before the retailers run out!!

A word to the wise!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: We know ()
Date: December 02, 2017 11:25AM

We read the news and they have mailed info to everyone, we know all this. What seems to have little info is how much will it be to drive from the beltway to DC at 6am, It used to cost me zero.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: W6K6Y ()
Date: December 02, 2017 05:16PM

It will still cost you "zero" assuming you have 2 people in the vehicle and an EZ-Pass Flex set to HOV.

Do not know when the Eastbound HOV used to start in the morning, but it will start at 5:30 am on Monday Dec 4th.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Not For Me ()
Date: December 02, 2017 06:00PM

I'm still exempt. :-)
.
.
Attachments:
Fat Bob 3.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: P7G3V ()
Date: December 02, 2017 08:56PM

We know Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We read the news and they have mailed info to
> everyone, we know all this. What seems to have
> little info is how much will it be to drive from
> the beltway to DC at 6am, It used to cost me zero.

I didn't get any mail about this. When did they mail the notifications?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Mike_Hunt ()
Date: December 02, 2017 09:13PM

Not For Me Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm still exempt. :-)
> .
> .

I wondered about motorcycles... None of the local news stations even mentioned them..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: DJXV3 ()
Date: December 02, 2017 09:17PM

I never saw or heard about any "mailing". Motorcycles are exempt from the HOV requirement/toll. Do not need transponders.

Crazy to ride a motorcycle around here during Rush Hour anyway.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Mike_Hunt ()
Date: December 02, 2017 10:07PM

DJXV3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Crazy to ride a motorcycle around here during Rush
> Hour anyway.

Sooo true ! !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: FREE RIDES ()
Date: December 03, 2017 12:06AM

So if I am alone in the car and I set my EZPass to HOV mode -- the ride is free now, right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: HXMLH ()
Date: December 03, 2017 12:25AM

Per the mailing received in USPS mail Saturday in the last 24 hours:

The tolling is only inbound/eastbound during morning rush hour and only outbound/westbound during afternoon rush hour.

Just FYI there are people who get along fine without an EZ-pass around here. For example, senior citizens who stay off the expressways and take the local roads with traffic lights. Before mocking, each one of us will be at that age, if not do something that kills us beforehand.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: NJPYJ ()
Date: December 03, 2017 12:28AM

FREE RIDES Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So if I am alone in the car and I set my EZPass to
> HOV mode -- the ride is free now, right?


Yes, but.

Probably like they are enforcing EZ-Pass on the current Trans Urban Hot lanes, the VA State Police have mobile transponder readers that can see what the EZ-Pass is set to and they monitor/look to see how many passengers are in the car.

I read somewhere that there may be a way to determine what the last EZ-Pass transaction was, whether a standard EZ-Pass setting or the EZ-Pass HOV setting. I am not 100% sure if this is the case.

I can tell you 100% that mobile transponder readers are outfitted in some VA State Police cars and they do read what your EZ-Pass setting is on and will visually check to see how many occupants are in the vehicle. If they do not see another occupant, you are a target for being pulled over if the EX-Pass is set to HOV.

Now the question is if you turn the EZ-Pass to HOV when you enter the first toll gantry, then you switch the EZ-Pass off HOV does this protect you? I do not think it is this easy. You have to be aware of all the toll gantries and switch the pass back to HOV before you get near the gantry.

The other way to operate is to leave the EX-Pass on HOV and then quickly switch it to the non HOV mode if you see a suspicious vehicle on the shoulder or a marked Law Enforcement vehicle. Who knows, the gantries do have cameras, mainly for license plate capture, maybe they have IR cameras for occupant detection as well? VDOT may also put mobile monitoring vehicles on the shoulders at times as well?

So this is a chancy way to operate and there may be some unknowns still.

Until a few people try to play the game, it is not clear how they can track you and what the penalty would be.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Band Leader ()
Date: December 03, 2017 07:53AM

It's been documented here and other threads how the enforcement occurs - via the MER etc... And the troopers are generally stationed immediately past the gantries. For those troopers that are elsewhere, the MER provides the last "read time" and mode.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: CHY4K ()
Date: December 03, 2017 08:25AM

https://wtop.com/news/2014/12/va-state-police-will-catch-95-express-toll-violators/

From another source:

How will Virginia State Police enforce the E-ZPass Flex on I-95 to catch cheaters?

When the E-ZPass Flex interacts with the overhead toll gantries, it sends a signal to the computers inside the police cruisers to denote the trip is an HOV3+ trip. A special light can also illuminate to notify the officer that an HOV3+ trip is in progress. Then, as on I-66 or I-395, the officer will check to see how many passengers are in the vehicle.

https://wtop.com/dc-transit/2017/10/weeks-new-66-tolls-40-percent-drivers-lack-e-zpass/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Prius driver ()
Date: December 03, 2017 08:34AM

I always drive my Prius with”Hov on” in the Hov lanes.
My driving record is +6points without a moving violation in years!
If I get pulled over, I would act dumb yet b polite to officer.
99% chance he runs my license and comes back with a stern warning.
Prius drivers are badass while you gas guzzling(cock guzzling) fagggs have to suffer.
Extra douche points if you drive a hemi.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Dulles Toll Road User ()
Date: December 03, 2017 08:51AM

If I'm on the Dulles Toll Road and accidentally kept the HOV switch the on position would I still be charged a toll?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: 4JVNV ()
Date: December 03, 2017 09:57AM

Dulles Toll Road User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I'm on the Dulles Toll Road and accidentally
> kept the HOV switch the on position would I still
> be charged a toll?

Yes, the Dulles Toll Road is not a HOT/HOV road, it along with the Greenway is a straight up Toll road, everyone pays to ride and the Dulles Toll readers ignore the HOV switch on the EZ-Pass Flex, it treats it as if the switch is not in the HOV position.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Motor City ()
Date: December 03, 2017 02:14PM

Prius driver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I always drive my Prius with”Hov on” in the
> Hov lanes.
> My driving record is +6points without a moving
> violation in years!
> If I get pulled over, I would act dumb yet b
> polite to officer.
> 99% chance he runs my license and comes back with
> a stern warning.
> Prius drivers are badass while you gas
> guzzling(cock guzzling) fagggs have to suffer.
> Extra douche points if you drive a hemi.


Everyone knows "Prius" equals faggotry, just like the Miata.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: The more you know! ()
Date: December 03, 2017 07:14PM

Prius driver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I always drive my Prius with”Hov on” in the
> Hov lanes.
> My driving record is +6points without a moving
> violation in years!

+6 means you have six bad points. -6 would mean you have 6 credit (good) points.

The more you know!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Anyone Know Of Doll Shops ()
Date: December 03, 2017 09:22PM

That sell life size dolls cheap ? Blow up type will be great if Asian

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: You don't know ()
Date: December 03, 2017 09:40PM

The more you know! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Prius driver Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I always drive my Prius with”Hov on” in the
> > Hov lanes.
> > My driving record is +6points without a moving
> > violation in years!
>
> +6 means you have six bad points. -6 would mean
> you have 6 credit (good) points.
>
> The more you know!

That is backwards. +6 is six good points. Having -6 would indicate violations or bad points.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: PJ7CG ()
Date: December 03, 2017 10:49PM

https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/drivers/#points_assess.asp

https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/drivers/#points_you.asp

Points for violations are "Demerits" or NEGATIVE points.

Points for safe driving are effectively "credits", you can accumulate up to +5 Safe Driving points.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: December 03, 2017 11:53PM

.
Attachments:
Yf2JO11.gif

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: December 04, 2017 12:22AM

4JVNV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dulles Toll Road User Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If I'm on the Dulles Toll Road and accidentally
> > kept the HOV switch the on position would I
> still
> > be charged a toll?
>
> Yes, the Dulles Toll Road is not a HOT/HOV road,
> it along with the Greenway is a straight up Toll
> road, everyone pays to ride and the Dulles Toll
> readers ignore the HOV switch on the EZ-Pass Flex,
> it treats it as if the switch is not in the HOV
> position.

Yeah...fuck all that noise. I drive the entire length of the Dulles ACCCES Road, round trip, 5 days a week. I stop and get a drink or some sundry item at the gas station. I get stopped 3 or 4 times a year. As soon as the LEO sees my receipt, they let me go. And of course, I keep the cruise locked on speed limit +5 and my car properly maintained. No lights out or cracked windshields or other bullshit stuff to justify their traffic stop and giving me a ticket.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: KUFNF ()
Date: December 04, 2017 07:09AM

Finally, the day it is required, I heard just one news outlet state clearly that if you plan on using I66 inside the Beltway during HOV hours an EZ-Pass or EZ-Pass Flex is REQUIRED.

Such a simple concept, but so hard for these foolish news types to get right.

The I66 Toll lanes have been total confusion from the moment they were discussed and announced as something that was being considered.

Plain and simple, if you have 2 or more people in the vehicle and have an EZ-Pass flex set to HOV, you ride for free during HOV hours.

If there is just the driver in the car, you can use I66 inside the Beltway during HOV hours and you pay the toll using and EZ-Pass or EZ-Pass Flex not set to HOV.

Again, traveling inside the Beltway on I66 during HOV hours as of this morning REQUIRES an EX-Pass or EX-Pass Flex.

Get yours today, Giant and Wegmans has them at the Customer Service Desk, assuming they have not already sold out. There are other locations to get your EZ-Pass, but not as convenient as Giant or Wegmans.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Mike_Hunt ()
Date: December 04, 2017 07:13AM

~~ Predicting the news tonight ~~

Nothing but reports of:

A) People that got pulled over claiming they had no idea..
B) People whining about the prices..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Rupert Pupkin ()
Date: December 04, 2017 07:56AM

So how did it go? How much were the tolls this morning?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Money_Death_Taxes ()
Date: December 04, 2017 08:15AM

$23.50 at 7:30 am to go from 496 to DC on I-66 East. A relative bargain at $4.75 to go only to Route 7.

I used I-66 daily for my commute and expected fewer HOV-2 vehicles today simply because not every car uses EzPass Flex.

I get an A.

However, I expected a huge number of single-occupant vehicles, all with Flex, converging on the highway.

Not a chance of that at nearly $25!

Traffic was lighter than usual. For folks like me, this change is great as my commuting time drops a few minutes.

The lack of VSP surprised me. No patrol cars coming onto I-66 East from the Beltway. No cars at Route 7 exit. No cars at Sycamore and Westmoreland exits either.

It also looked like I-66 West, at least until the split with the Toll Road, was lighter than usual.

Given the exorbitant tolls, the Orange and Silver lines should see an uptick in ridership.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: MJDUE ()
Date: December 04, 2017 08:21AM

Rupert Pupkin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So how did it go? How much were the tolls this
> morning?


Entering from I495 South coming from Maryland and traveling the full distance to DC, are you ready?? $17.25!!!!

Entering from I66 East at I495 traveling the full distance to DC $21.00!!!

Are you freaking kidding me??

https://vai66tolls.com/

$40 a day give or take to get in to DC on top of parking, fuel, insurance, wear and tear.

Screw this area, just one more reason to move out of this shithole and go work at a Home Depot or Chik-Fil-A in East BF nowhere and live in a double wide.

It is almost worth waiting a few weeks and chancing that you will not get caught, if you do, just pay the fine.

I guess the fools that used to drive in from the airport are hating life starting today!!!

No more airport single occupant riding for free during HOV hours.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: nigga what? ()
Date: December 04, 2017 08:48AM

Channel 7 reporting $26 to $28 most of the morning to go the full distance. I just did the estimator and it says $31 right now.

What's the ticker symbol for Transurban? I need to buy some stock and ride this thing to the moon since they will be making billions on this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Mikey Muchbux ()
Date: December 04, 2017 09:05AM

Thank you Terry Mcawful for getting all these poor people off my road!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: VVNVL ()
Date: December 04, 2017 09:49AM

nigga what? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Channel 7 reporting $26 to $28 most of the morning
> to go the full distance. I just did the estimator
> and it says $31 right now.
>
> What's the ticker symbol for Transurban? I need
> to buy some stock and ride this thing to the moon
> since they will be making billions on this.


Sorry, I66 tolls are a VDOT thing, not TransUrban.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Seth Comstock ()
Date: December 04, 2017 09:54AM

$32 - One Way toll this morning but HEY it's not about the money just about helping people with their commute.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Herbert Kornfeld ()
Date: December 04, 2017 11:17AM

Seth Comstock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> $32 - One Way toll this morning but HEY it's not
> about the money just about helping people with
> their commute.


They helped a lot of people find a new way to work this morning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Wheel of Fortune ()
Date: December 04, 2017 11:23AM

Tonight they will spin the big wheel and the fun will begin again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Thanks VDOT ()
Date: December 04, 2017 11:30AM

$25.00 per trip in - $25.00 per trip home comes to $250.00 per week.

If you do the standard 50 week year of work = $12,500.00 per car.

Where will all of this loot go?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: I NEED TO PICK UP RIDERS ()
Date: December 04, 2017 01:08PM

I wonder how much I can charge people to carpool?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: 34.50 damn ()
Date: December 04, 2017 01:41PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: You gotta wonder if ()
Date: December 04, 2017 02:31PM

Are they going for the Dan Snyder award for ripping people off or do people around here just have that much disposable income? I sure don't! I'm the bread winner with three kids and a wife.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Mike_Hunt ()
Date: December 04, 2017 04:10PM

From the Ch. 7 4PM news:

14% of the cars on I-66 this morning will be receiving tickets in the mail.

** I wonder how many will start covering their license plates?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: NVYP6 ()
Date: December 04, 2017 04:13PM

Lets see if VDOT keeps up these prices, they seem to want to keep up with TransUrban or surpass them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Mike_Hunt ()
Date: December 04, 2017 05:03PM

Heading west...

at 4PM it was $5.50 . . . it's now $7.50 (at 5PM)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: December 04, 2017 05:03PM

If I had to schlep to work downtown for work, I'd ride my motorcycle.

Then again, I work from home, and am fortunate to not have to deal with that nonsense or headache.

$34.50 x 1-way. Highway robbery!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: hahahahahahahahahahahaah.. ()
Date: December 04, 2017 05:43PM

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Toll-Prices-Soar-as-I-66-Express-Lanes-Launch_Washington-DC-461860463.html

"Drivers trying out the new Express Lanes on I-66 Monday found themselves facing some pretty high toll prices."

"Pretty high"????? $34.50 is just considered pretty high. So I guess it doesn't become fucking ridiculous until it hits $50.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Usay ()
Date: December 04, 2017 05:45PM

It's $34.50 in the AM and under $10 to go home before 5p?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Mike_Hunt ()
Date: December 04, 2017 06:01PM

They just showed Rt. 50 at 495 ~ it's backed up 2+ miles and not moving...

The reported said "I guess that's because people are avoiding 66?"

~~~

66-W is almost empty and the price is now at $7.25 (re-calculating very 6 minutes)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Government perks ()
Date: December 04, 2017 09:53PM

The bullshit part of the story you dont hear is any federal leo gets to use it. Some how they are "on the clock" when they step out of their front door. I knew 2 US marshalls who had administrative desk jobs but did get to take a govy car home, both of them used the HOV lanes to and from DC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Raven23 ()
Date: December 04, 2017 11:11PM

Why not just open all lines at all times. Yeah motorcycle guy lets see how you do when it,gets really cold.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Raven23 ()
Date: December 04, 2017 11:12PM

Wheres all the money going?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: drivers ()
Date: December 05, 2017 12:46AM

I've never heard of this... I'm sure people will start lying about it to cops. !

From VA's HOV law/FAQ page: http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/hov-rulesfaq.asp



"Exceptions to the rules ...

2. Motorists traveling to and from Dulles International Airport to go to the airport to board a flight or to pick someone up at the airport are permitted to use I-66 inside the Beltway (I-495) during HOV hours. Motorists traveling to or from Dulles International Airport are not exempt from HOV restrictions on I-66 outside the Beltway (I-495). You are not permitted to use I-66 inside the beltway during HOV hours if you are going to the airport to eat, get coffee, get gas or any other reason other than boarding a plane or picking someone up at the airport."


&

Northern Virginia HOV Lane Fines:

First offense: $125
Second offense: $250 plus 3 points on your driving record
Third offense: $500 plus 3 points on your driving record
Fourth offense: $1,000 plus 3 points on your driving record

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: TCHFT ()
Date: December 05, 2017 08:06AM

drivers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've never heard of this... I'm sure people will
> start lying about it to cops. !
>
> From VA's HOV law/FAQ page:
> http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/hov-rulesfaq.asp
>
>
>
>
> "Exceptions to the rules ...
>
> 2. Motorists traveling to and from Dulles
> International Airport to go to the airport to
> board a flight or to pick someone up at the
> airport are permitted to use I-66 inside the
> Beltway (I-495) during HOV hours. Motorists
> traveling to or from Dulles International Airport
> are not exempt from HOV restrictions on I-66
> outside the Beltway (I-495). You are not permitted
> to use I-66 inside the beltway during HOV hours if
> you are going to the airport to eat, get coffee,
> get gas or any other reason other than boarding a
> plane or picking someone up at the airport."
>
>
> &
>
> Northern Virginia HOV Lane Fines:
>
> First offense: $125
> Second offense: $250 plus 3 points on your driving
> record
> Third offense: $500 plus 3 points on your driving
> record
> Fourth offense: $1,000 plus 3 points on your
> driving record

People have been playing the system for a long time, they will still do this to avoid the Tolls on Dulles Toll Road. Example, they live in Herndon, they drive to the airport on the Dulless Access Road, stop and get gas, coffee or a newspaper at the gas station near the long term parking and get a receipt. Then they get on the Dulles Access Road and drive toward DC and do not pay Tolls on the Toll Road. If they are stopped, the show the receipt and they are let go.

The difference is now I66 Toll Road will not honor anything other than a boarding pass or some other form to explain that you have come from the airport. It is easier to make up a story about picking someone up, but how many people are leaving DC to head out to Reston?? I am sure the police will work something out to verify if a passenger is on a flight you claim you are going to meet?

Anything for a $$$$.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: drivers ()
Date: December 05, 2017 08:22AM

I just put on the news that was recorded earlier:

A live shot of 66-East was PURE gridlock at 5:01AM !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Unwanted female ()
Date: December 05, 2017 09:03AM

TCHFT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> drivers Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've never heard of this... I'm sure people
> will
> > start lying about it to cops. !
> >
> > From VA's HOV law/FAQ page:
> >
> http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/hov-rulesfaq.asp
>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "Exceptions to the rules ...
> >
> > 2. Motorists traveling to and from Dulles
> > International Airport to go to the airport to
> > board a flight or to pick someone up at the
> > airport are permitted to use I-66 inside the
> > Beltway (I-495) during HOV hours. Motorists
> > traveling to or from Dulles International
> Airport
> > are not exempt from HOV restrictions on I-66
> > outside the Beltway (I-495). You are not
> permitted
> > to use I-66 inside the beltway during HOV hours
> if
> > you are going to the airport to eat, get
> coffee,
> > get gas or any other reason other than boarding
> a
> > plane or picking someone up at the airport."
> >
> >
> > &
> >
> > Northern Virginia HOV Lane Fines:
> >
> > First offense: $125
> > Second offense: $250 plus 3 points on your
> driving
> > record
> > Third offense: $500 plus 3 points on your
> driving
> > record
> > Fourth offense: $1,000 plus 3 points on your
> > driving record
>
> People have been playing the system for a long
> time, they will still do this to avoid the Tolls
> on Dulles Toll Road. Example, they live in
> Herndon, they drive to the airport on the Dulless
> Access Road, stop and get gas, coffee or a
> newspaper at the gas station near the long term
> parking and get a receipt. Then they get on the
> Dulles Access Road and drive toward DC and do not
> pay Tolls on the Toll Road. If they are stopped,
> the show the receipt and they are let go.
>
> The difference is now I66 Toll Road will not honor
> anything other than a boarding pass or some other
> form to explain that you have come from the
> airport. It is easier to make up a story about
> picking someone up, but how many people are
> leaving DC to head out to Reston?? I am sure the
> police will work something out to verify if a
> passenger is on a flight you claim you are going
> to meet?
>
> Anything for a $$$$.


All of this has changed now. Much of what you posted was wrong anyway...but the airport exemption has been rescinded inside the beltway with the new system. Those traveling in the airport lanes are subject to the same tolling as anyone else.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: drivers ()
Date: December 05, 2017 09:11AM

Unwanted female Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
>
> All of this has changed now. Much of what you
> posted was wrong anyway...but the airport
> exemption has been rescinded inside the beltway
> with the new system. Those traveling in the
> airport lanes are subject to the same tolling as
> anyone else.


Per the DMV website: "Page last modified: Dec. 4, 2017" (that was yesterday)

http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/hov-rulesfaq.asp

**GASP! Are they lying?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: phelpsmarc ()
Date: December 05, 2017 10:11AM

I was listening to WMAL a little while ago and they said the toll this morning around 830 was like $25.00 to go from the 495 66 E exit to DC. LOL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: phelpsmarc ()
Date: December 05, 2017 10:25AM

This is worse thought out than Trump rolling out the first Travel Ban.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: calm your tits ()
Date: December 05, 2017 10:28AM

It's still free as its always been for HOV, the only thing to get pissy about is the extended hours. Now the HOV cheaters like myself have to buy a flex pass and put it in HOV mode and nothing else changes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Figures and quarter rolls ()
Date: December 05, 2017 10:53AM

^^ but is it toll only at all other times? (during non rush hours ?)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: mvyln ()
Date: December 05, 2017 11:31AM

Figures and quarter rolls Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ^^ but is it toll only at all other times? (during
> non rush hours ?)

No, it is free and open to anyone outside of the rush hour periods.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Chaser ()
Date: December 05, 2017 12:25PM

And how are going to catch people without easy passes????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: WhyTrash ()
Date: December 05, 2017 12:44PM

Chaser Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And how are going to catch people without easy
> passes????

Such a sorry little ignorant nigger...

Have you not watched this NEW thing called news?

They have cameras that will take pic's of your license plate when passing through w/out a pass.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: you dumb AF ()
Date: December 05, 2017 01:38PM

Chaser Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And how are going to catch people without easy
> passes????


Those big metal things going over 66 aren't just for looks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Whiteys ()
Date: December 05, 2017 01:50PM

you dumb AF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chaser Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And how are going to catch people without easy
> > passes????
>
>
> Those big metal things going over 66 aren't just
> for looks
.


'Chaser' reminds me of the NAACP - thinking that blaq's are equal !

"But, but, but, yo man, howz I'ze suppose'duh read dem signs if'un I be textin' ?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Johnny Law ()
Date: December 05, 2017 03:00PM

drivers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unwanted female Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> >
> > All of this has changed now. Much of what you
> > posted was wrong anyway...but the airport
> > exemption has been rescinded inside the beltway
> > with the new system. Those traveling in the
> > airport lanes are subject to the same tolling
> as
> > anyone else.
>
>
> Per the DMV website: "Page last modified: Dec. 4,
> 2017" (that was yesterday)
>
> http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/hov-rulesfaq.as
> p
>
> **GASP! Are they lying?


It's a mistake. VDOT will correct the website in the coming days. There is no airport exemption of any kind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: drivers ()
Date: December 05, 2017 03:14PM

Johnny Law Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> drivers Wrote:

>
>
> It's a mistake. VDOT will correct the website in
> the coming days. There is no airport exemption of
> any kind.
.
.


So are you an employee of the state, and just trying to avoid the backlash in Richmond?

Or are you saying that "It's YOUR (my) fault for not knowing the (new 18 hr. old) law?"

*** tapping foot..... Please post ~YOUR~ link to the law !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: TMKXJ ()
Date: December 05, 2017 04:08PM

Johnny Law Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> drivers Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Unwanted female Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> >
> > >
> > >
> > > All of this has changed now. Much of what
> you
> > > posted was wrong anyway...but the airport
> > > exemption has been rescinded inside the
> beltway
> > > with the new system. Those traveling in the
> > > airport lanes are subject to the same tolling
> > as
> > > anyone else.
> >
> >
> > Per the DMV website: "Page last modified: Dec.
> 4,
> > 2017" (that was yesterday)
> >
> >
> http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/hov-rulesfaq.as
> > p
> >
> > **GASP! Are they lying?
>
>
> It's a mistake. VDOT will correct the website in
> the coming days. There is no airport exemption of
> any kind.

It's a mistake???

WTF is going on?

How do you make this kind of mistake when you have a year to sort this out?

A web page can be updated in moments if it is set up properly.

Oh, its a mistake because state government workers are idiots and are not held accountable for anything.

This is starting to look like the Ombamacare roll out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: drivers ()
Date: December 05, 2017 04:26PM

From NBC news 4 @ 4:

It maxed out at $40 this morning to go East, and is currently at $7 heading west . .

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: GJLNM ()
Date: December 05, 2017 04:41PM

$40 to use a road in one of the most congested areas in the country.

Who's stupid idea was this?

And VDOT has never attempted to solve the problem with the bottleneck on Eastbound I66 at Westmoreland Street. They tried to add lanes, but this does not help.

Simple solution/test. Install temporary Jersey barriers to funnel the Dulles Toll/Access feeder into 1 lane BEFORE it reached I66 Eastbound. Some fine tuning and this should help.

Then they need to understand why Eastbound is bad until Fairfax Drive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Vagina Pride ()
Date: December 05, 2017 04:56PM

Just another reason that Trump needs to go.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: UEWJY ()
Date: December 05, 2017 05:47PM

Vagina Pride Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just another reason that Trump needs to go.


Trump has nothing to do with this. It is a Terry McAuliffe boondoggle. He is also the scum that restored convicted felon's voting rights just before a major election because the tool knew all the felon's would vote Democrat.

And to make matters worse, if he is successful in getting the party nomination, the foolish Democratics will vote this monkey into office.


http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/terry-mcauliffes-2020-bid-looks-stronger-after-virginia-election-sweep/article/2640436

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Johnny Law ()
Date: December 05, 2017 06:00PM

drivers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Johnny Law Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > drivers Wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > It's a mistake. VDOT will correct the website
> in
> > the coming days. There is no airport exemption
> of
> > any kind.
> .
> .
>
>
> So are you an employee of the state, and just
> trying to avoid the backlash in Richmond?
>
> Or are you saying that "It's YOUR (my) fault for
> not knowing the (new 18 hr. old) law?"
>
> *** tapping foot..... Please post ~YOUR~ link to
> the law !


It's not a law. You will not see it codified in VAC 46.2. It's a policy put forth by VDOT as they have statutory authority over that section of roadway. VDOT then formally communicates their policies to the VSP for enforcement. The directives provided to VSP are different from those that appear on the linked VDOT web page in an earlier post. VDOT is aware of the issue and they have pledged to correct the information on the web page. If you need clarification or wish to discuss it further you can reach a live VDOT rep on 800-367-7623.

VSP is not enforcing HOV violations for legitimate airport travelers until the website has been corrected.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: 6FYKD ()
Date: December 05, 2017 06:09PM

Johnny Law Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> VSP is not enforcing HOV violations for legitimate
> airport travelers until the website has been
> corrected.

This makes a lot of sense for a change, assuming you speak for the VSP.

I would PDF the web page every day if I was driving based on the current rules then go to court and present the data and time stamped PDF and also request a written statement from VDOT.

Agin, how long does it take to update a simple statement on a web site? Oh, yea, VDOT probaly pays some consultant ant $350 per hour to make simple changes to a boiler plate website.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Point-y Mc douche Face ()
Date: December 05, 2017 06:21PM

The more you know! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Prius driver Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I always drive my Prius with”Hov on” in the
> > Hov lanes.
> > My driving record is +6points without a moving
> > violation in years!
>
> +6 means you have six bad points. -6 would mean
> you have 6 credit (good) points.
>
> The more you know!

Anything “+” is “good points”
Therefore ergo, you’re a fagggg for being autistic AND Prius boy is a homo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Cross Reference threads ()
Date: December 07, 2017 11:50AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: LPMDW ()
Date: December 07, 2017 12:37PM

Best article yet on it.
https://ggwash.org/view/65796/the-new-i-66-tolls-offer-great-insight-into-commuter-psychology

Bottom line: Single drivers couldn’t use it during peak periods anyway (other than airport).
Now they can if they want to shell it out $$$.
Carpool is still no charge.

If they charged less, then MORE people would use it causing congestion.
Don’t like it? Don’t pay it. Carpool, take the bus, take Metro

The people bitching are the same ones bitching about high taxes. So how do you propose roads get built and maintained? You’re going to have to pay one way or another.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Nothing New ()
Date: December 07, 2017 12:45PM

The whiners are all FOX-fucked right-wing douchebags who think their Freedom & Liberty are somehow being taken away. The stupid just keeps on coming with this pathetic herd of asswipes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 HOV Inside the Beltway will REQUIRE an EZ-Pass, get yours NOW!
Posted by: Left Something Out ()
Date: December 07, 2017 01:24PM

LPMDW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Best article yet on it.
> https://ggwash.org/view/65796/the-new-i-66-tolls-o
> ffer-great-insight-into-commuter-psychology
>
> Bottom line: Single drivers couldn’t use it
> during peak periods anyway (other than airport).
> Now they can if they want to shell it out $$$.
> Carpool is still no charge.

Tell us again about single drivers and I-66 from 5:30a to 6:30a before this change. The "peak periods" you speak of are now an hour earlier and half an hour later than the previous HOV-only times.

I'll put it this way: if the toll hours revert to the pre-December 4 HOV-2-only times, all complaints disappear and we then have a true single-drivers-pay-toll adjustment to the old status quo.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
  ******    *******   **     **  **     **  **     ** 
 **    **  **     **   **   **   **     **  ***   *** 
 **        **           ** **    **     **  **** **** 
 **        ********      ***     **     **  ** *** ** 
 **        **     **    ** **     **   **   **     ** 
 **    **  **     **   **   **     ** **    **     ** 
  ******    *******   **     **     ***     **     ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.