HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
NVA drivers
Posted by: Lasuena ()
Date: December 03, 2006 12:02AM

Seems like the drivers just get worse and worse and worse. Twice this weekend I was out and saw drivers who decided to stop wherever they were on the road and either pick up or let somebody out. The first one was going east on Lee Hwy. just past the Pan Am shopping center. No brake lights, no nothing, just stopped in the right lane. The car in front of me swerved around him, which didn’t give me a much time to register that the dork was just stopped there to let somebody out, then he went on.

Second time was last night as I was driving towards Pan Am on Nutley. This fool was stopped in the left lane to pick somebody up who must have been waiting for him. These idiots don’t even pull over to the side of the road, they just stop wherever they feel like it.

I also saw several instances of people tooling along in the right lane just decide to suddenly turn left, no signal or anything. They just cut on over barely missing whoever was in the left lane.

This is all so absurd that I feel like I’m in a live computer game, driving from point A to point B, trying my best to avoid all the obstacles coming out of nowhere.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NVA drivers
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: December 03, 2006 12:09AM

Hey that shopping center has a Safeway gas station now, how fucking odd.

Posted by: ... ()
Date: December 03, 2006 09:42AM

I wonder if there's any correlation between the countries where people routinely drive like this and the countries our "new arrivals" are from.

??

Either that or driver education in this area has gone to hell.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 03, 2006 09:53PM

i cant be too mad at poor drivers... i mean in other countries their driving must be horrific because their cars explode and kill a bunch of people.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: December 04, 2006 10:44AM

Now that you mention it, I wonder when the first suicide bombing is going to take place on US soil.

Posted by: § ()
Date: December 04, 2006 01:19PM

It'll probably be from a blown head gasket and not explosives since it seems most inexperienced drivers don't ever remember to change their oil. -§

Date: December 04, 2006 09:59PM

Sure they do...and then they pour their used oil down a nearby storm drain because that's what they did with it in Messico.

Posted by: TreeWrist ()
Date: December 05, 2006 02:33PM

A few weeks ago, I was sitting in my car, waiting for the light to turn green
at the intersection of Rt. 7 and International Drive. (next to Tysons Corner
Mall) This was around 9:30PM. The traffice was light.

When the light turned green, the car in front of me started to roll slowly. When it reached the middle of the intersecion, the driver stopped completely.
This was ther center lane. I thought "great, he probably can't decide to
go straight, turn left, or turn right..." but I kept my cool and slowly passed
it on the left.

Imagine my surprise when I noticed that the driver was actually stopped so he
could read a map. READ A MAP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE INTERSECTION!!!???

I just kept on going for another 100 feet or... when I looked in the rearview
mirror, the guys was still sitting there....

geeez.... :(

Posted by: Adam ()
Date: December 05, 2006 04:21PM

HAHAHAHA TreeWrist.. thats crazy..

Posted by: Adam ()
Date: December 05, 2006 04:22PM

WTF were they thinking with PamAm, that shopping center use to have TONS of parking, there isn't shit now.

Posted by: ferfux_ ()
Date: December 06, 2006 12:44PM

THe thing ive noticed lately is people driving down the wrong side of an aisle in parking lots. You go to drive down an aisle and there is a car coming directly at you or they have pulled too far over at the end of the aisle and are blocking it so noone else can pull in till they have pulled out. That and the damn trees, shrubs and bushes that are planted on corners and ends of parking lot aisles blocking your view when you are trying to pull out of lot. thats REALLY aggravating

Posted by: More info ()
Date: March 17, 2020 12:37PM

Drivers are much now

Posted by: Aikens ()
Date: March 17, 2020 12:49PM

I like to drive. It relaxes me.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.