HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Federal Investigation Opened - RE: LBSS Sexual Harassment & Ensuing FCPS Cover-up
Posted by: I DON'T TINK SO.........MAAAAAN! ()
Date: November 06, 2017 05:11PM

Good afternoon.

In lieu of tonight's LBSS Booster Club meeting, I wanted to make sure you are all aware of the following:

Per letter dated November 2nd 2017, the United States Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights has announced that they have opened and will be conducting a formal investigation of the events that occurred at Lake Braddock regarding both the sexual harassment that occurred during the 2015-16 season on the LBSS girl's varsity basketball team and the subsequent sham investigations and cover-up by FCPS administrators and the Fairfax County School Board.

Presumably, this investigation will include LBSS Athletic Director Karl Kern's involvement in the retaliatory employment action taken against former LBSS football coach Jim Poythress and all of the actions taken by LBSS Principal Dave Thomas in response to the harassment that occurred.

Two additional/related items for you:

1. School Board Member Megan McLaughlin will be hosting a community round-table discussion at LBSS this Wednesday November 8th from 7:00 - 8:30 pm in the multi-purpose room (enter at Door #17 just to the right of the front entrance). The round-table discussion will focus on the upcoming budget projections, the new superintendent's goals, as well as any other issues or concerns you wish to discuss (i.e. the just announced federal investigation).

2. You can also ask Principal Thomas and/or Schoolboard member McLaughlin on when you can catch the next presentation of Principal Thomas' "Bulletproof" professional development seminar - which has been wildly popular among FCPS administrators and school board members, Virginia Department of Education officials, and Superintendents and executives of neighboring school districts. Please see below for a previous invitation that was sent out that explicitly details the topics that Principal Thomas will cover in his presentation.

P.S. In case you missed it back at the end of June, here is the Washington Post article that details what occurred that precipitated the federal investigation:
https://www.washingtonpost. com/sports/highschools/at- lake-braddock-sexual- harassment-accusations- personnel-changes-and- lingering-resentment/2017/06/ 29/59a3d00e-5536-11e7-a204- ad706461fa4f_story.html?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Federal Investigation Opened - RE: LBSS Sexual Harassment & Ensuing FCPS Cover-up
Posted by: Following ()
Date: November 06, 2017 08:23PM

I am a friend of Coach Poythress. Last weekend, I called to see what he thoughtof LB winning the district. I was surprised to hear that he was super happy for the kids and coach. He said he felt part of the win as he had coached the seniors for 3 years.He said he was happy for Doc as well. It was not what I expected to hear!
Anyway, the news about the D.O.E must have caused Thomas' ass hole to cramp. Kerns should be nervous as well.

Re: Federal Investigation Opened - RE: LBSS Sexual Harassment & Ensuing FCPS Cover-up
Posted by: Head up2 ()
Date: November 06, 2017 09:37PM

More news coming --- Justice Department also interested I hear. Good luck, FCPS.

Posted by: Not just LB ()
Date: November 06, 2017 10:04PM

Good for these parents & students at LB & may the truth be told! LB isn’t the only school with these issues. Rumor has it that South County & another local high school may also be mentioned in the pending investigation. Funny how these things seem to come up just when you think they’re over!

Posted by: Justice! ()
Date: November 06, 2017 10:06PM

Justice for who?

Posted by: YOU DON'T SAY!!!! ()
Date: November 07, 2017 07:11AM

Justice for who?
First & foremost The Underage GIRLS you flipping moron. Coach P & Coach Clarke don't need justice, they will be fine. But Thomas & Kerns, an entire different story.

Posted by: Snowflake Watch ()
Date: November 07, 2017 09:04AM

YOU DON'T SAY!!!! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justice for who?
> First & foremost The Underage GIRLS you flipping
> moron. Coach P & Coach Clarke don't need justice,
> they will be fine. But Thomas & Kerns, an entire
> different story.

What happened to these poor snowflakes? Are the in college yet?

Posted by: L'chaim ()
Date: November 07, 2017 09:07AM

L'chaim - Mr. Thomas & Karl

Posted by: For Deis I Tink So Maaaaaan! ()
Date: November 07, 2017 12:30PM

How 'bout dem Apples????

Posted by: What about Apples ()
Date: November 09, 2017 10:25AM

What about Apples????

Posted by: Dave Thomas ()
Date: November 09, 2017 06:45PM

HEY BUDDY! I don't TINK SO!!!!! I believe the school board knows where Karl & I work. They certainly know where we are during "Lunch Time," that would be Chick-Fil-A or 5 Guys both in Burke. You would think if they want us, they would grab us @ 1 of those 3 places. Or perhaps they could catch us in The Mosaic district for most evenings @ Happy Hour & usually a couple of our buddies from Gate House across the street are pounding drinks and scarfing down Wings & apps. Actually Karl shut down the kitchen last week, ABSOLUTELY as true as the day is long. Well that was before day light savings.
I gotta run as shots and mini burgers just got here, and I need at least 1 before Karl scarfs them all.

Posted by: Morons ()
Date: November 12, 2017 10:48PM

The bottom line is that the public school system as a whole is a nightmare. FCPS used to be the leading district in the country and still may be. However that isnt saying much as public schooling is the problem with our society and being the leader in a system that consists of the lowest common denominator doesnt amount to much. Gatehouse and those that run it (Kevin Sills, Steven Lockard, R Chace Ramey, Sloan Presidio) are truly a bunch of morons who have SETTLED in their careers for security. It truly is a shame because ultimately the students are the ones to suffer.

Posted by: Fools ()
Date: November 14, 2017 05:47PM

R Chance Ramey is behind this chaos. He lied to poythress and made him think he’d do the right thing. At the same time he had Michele Arnold jerking Jim around with a disciplinary placement. She insulted him and told him he was trouble. Real supportive. Also she didn’t really talk to parents. Don’t know why a brain dead fool would be investigating anything.

Check into Ramey’s background. He couldn’t cut it anywhere else and now fcps is stuck with him. This investigation will reveal his incompetence

Posted by: tangled ()
Date: November 15, 2017 10:40PM

Addressing the aspect of people risk is the only way an organization can improve the way their people respond to a situation of risk and the effectiveness of their risk management function.

Risk Culture Building is lacking at FCPS and the school board because as Janie Strauss on the school board said "Things will not change with the new superintendent." The process of growth and continuous improvement in the way each and every person in an organization should know how to respond to a given situation of risk as to mitigate, control and optimize that risk to the benefit of the organization.

The Washington Post article explains what is going on at Lake Braddock Secondary School.

Coach Jim Poythress, a longtime football coach at Lake Braddock, in 13 seasons had won more games than any football coach in the school’s history. He won't return for the 2017 season.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/highschools/at-lake-braddock-sexual-harassment-accusations-personnel-changes-and-lingering-resentment/2017/06/29/59a3d00e-5536-11e7-a204-ad706461fa4f_story.html?utm_term=.2afc2705d1ac

Posted by: R. Chace Ramey ()
Date: November 22, 2017 04:31PM

No Child has been harmed by anyone other than Jim poythress
The adults are acting like children
Please grow up and move on!!

Posted by: formerplayer ()
Date: November 22, 2017 08:02PM

STFU Ernestos dad, you don't know anything

Posted by: STFU Ernestos dad ()
Date: November 23, 2017 07:43PM

Jp is a liar. He could never win the big game...ran his mouth like he was one of the kids. He knew about his players being drunk in a car at 3am back in Oct. Didnt want to loose his D1 player. So he tried to hide it. Maybe if D1 daddy and his wrestling coach buddy didnt try to hide it...things would have been different. If you want an investigation against someone, look at D1 daddy who is using his job to influence the school board.

Posted by: Yo purple heart ()
Date: November 23, 2017 10:40PM

Name 1 kid hurt by Poythress or his staff...just one? Everybody loved him. Ernesto was mad he was not hired to coach and that his son was 400 pounds with the brain of a small child. If wrong post your kids transcript or a video of him benching just a fraction of his weight. He can't get in the squat position

Posted by: Michele Arnold ()
Date: December 11, 2017 10:18AM

I’m out to get poythress and park
I cry every day that they are allowed to be out in the world while I’m stuck in gatehouse, hoping that Chace notices me.

Posted by: Itsoverstopit ()
Date: December 11, 2017 11:33PM

Enough. It’s handled and done. Old news. Personnel fired, HR decisions handled at Gatehouse.

Posted by: Bruin Dad 2 ()
Date: December 12, 2017 12:13PM

It’s just getting started, pal. Stay tuned.

Posted by: Big Bruin ()
Date: December 12, 2017 03:07PM

Looks like there’s going to be good old fashioned housecleaning at LB and FCPD when the next story goes viral. Couldn’t happen happen to a finer bunch.

Posted by: Bill Park ()
Date: December 12, 2017 07:51PM

Is the next big thing the fact that someone got fired for assaulting a coworker?
Perhaps a former military man?
Good riddance

Posted by: DanKnows ()
Date: December 12, 2017 09:01PM

Michele Arnold Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I’m out to get poythress and park
> I cry every day that they are allowed to be out in
> the world while I’m stuck in gatehouse, hoping
> that Chace notices me.

Put PAUL Wardinski on it! He has a history of fixing volatile situations, just ask West Springfield a few years ago

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.