HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Idiot Mercedes driver turning right from left-turn lane near Sterling Costco on 11/25
Posted by: SoupCamera ()
Date: November 27, 2006 08:07PM

To the idiot Mercedes driver turning right from left-turn lane near
the Sterling Costco on 11/25:

Please take re-take driver's ed or have your eyes examined by an optometrist.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Let's review....

Left-turn lane is for cars turning left
Two middle lanes are for cars going straight
Right-turn lane is for cars turning right.

It's stuip, impolite, and illegal to make a right turn when you've been sitting
in the left-turn lanes for 20 seconds. NOT TO MENTION THAT THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS
WERE ALL RED.(including the left-turn light) RED means no-go, no matter which
way your were planning to go, legal or illegal...

Sorry... I just had to vent....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Idiot Mercedes driver turning right from left-turn lane near Sterling Costco on 11/25
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: November 27, 2006 09:10PM

Sorry... I just had to vent....

This kind of thing doesn't just happen out in Sterling. It happens pretty much everywhere in the US. I was in northeast PA for the holiday- plenty of asshole driving behavior up there. Poor driving's not just a NoVA thing as this forum sometimes might lead one to believe, in fact, I'd say it's better here than in alot of places that I've spent time in (except for the slowpoke/indecisive drivers around our roads).

Re: Idiot Mercedes driver turning right from left-turn lane near Sterling Costco on 11/25
Posted by: Lasuena ()
Date: November 28, 2006 06:00AM

And here is the ironic thing, as bad as the minivan and SUV drivers typically are..... they are the very ones who are the most likely to let you get in front of them if you're trying to get onto the highway or need to get over, and they will patiently give you a break out on the road without going into road rage.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: November 28, 2006 11:04AM

Given that it was a Mercedes, I would imagine the driver isn't suffering from eye problems. To be exact, the correct diagnosis is Asshole-ism.

It is a chronic disease that occurs later in life, usually after the acquisition of a Mercedes, a BMW or sometimes a Lexus. People who tend to get this disease are usually lawyers, lobbyists, doctors or social climbers employed in the retail ranks who live on the edge of bankruptcy.

The symptoms of Asshole-ism include the following:

A feeling that nobody is entitled to the road but the person suffering from Asshole-ism.

An unwillingness to let others merge onto the road.

Driving up someone else's ass for going the speed limit.

Swerving all over the road while speaking on the cell phone.

Making right turns from left lanes.

The only cure for Asshole-ism is death. Typically this occurs when some old Korean lady driving a KIA slams into the sufferer of Asshole-ism when they are in the throws of Asshole-ism and driving like an asshole.

Posted by: CO ()
Date: November 28, 2006 11:11AM

Fairfax MF---er Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Typically
> this occurs when some old Korean lady driving a
> KIA slams into the sufferer of Asshole-ism when
> they are in the throws of Asshole-ism and driving
> like an asshole.

ROTFL

Posted by: § ()
Date: November 28, 2006 11:23AM

LMAO. You forgot driving too slow in the left hand lane of a multiple lane road (unless exiting to the left). -§

Posted by: brian703 ()
Date: November 28, 2006 11:50AM

What if they're driving too slow in the left hand lane because they're exiting to the left or turning left in 10 miles...and they start slowing down 2 miles before their exit..

Posted by: Lurker ()
Date: November 28, 2006 02:40PM

2 miles to slow down? Are we talking about a car or the Titanic?

Date: November 28, 2006 02:44PM

We're talking about a car, driven by an idiot. A common situation in this area. They tend to start slowing down way before they have to exit, I'm not quite sure why--I generally don't slow down until I'm in the exit lane, it's usually long enough for that.

By the way, I should point out that the Sterling Costco is NOT in Fairfax County.

It is in Loudon County :)

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: November 28, 2006 08:55PM

brian703 Wrote:
> We're talking about a car, driven by an idiot. A
> common situation in this area. They tend to start
> slowing down way before they have to exit, I'm not
> quite sure why--I generally don't slow down until
> I'm in the exit lane, it's usually long enough for
> that.

I think we need to look at the outlying cause of all the retardedness, congestion, and traffic tie-up that we all face on a daily basis.

Are you all ready for this??

GOING TOO SLOW/USING THE BRAKES TOO MUCH

Think about it. People are afraid to get in an accident. So THEY SLOW DOWN. Resonable people realize they will not get into an accident. They go faster.

People see an accident. THEY SLOW DOWN to look at it [damned rubberneckers] or "to be safe."

People dont know where they are going. THEY SLOW DOWN to read signs/

Date: November 28, 2006 09:02PM

They think the "stop pedal" is the "undo" or the "cancel" button. The magical thing that when pushed automatically undoes all manner of idiotic driving mistakes.

Ever honked at some shithead who pulled out in front of you only to have them slam on their brakes?

They were hitting the "undo" button!

The same driver is really afraid of the "go pedal". They don't want to push it too far for fear of causing a problem. This obviously doesn't work too well when attempting to merge into traffic or change langes into a faster-moving lane. This sort of driver will likely slow down instead of speeding up, after all, they think it's safer.

This is also the same sort of driver who will not exceed the speed limit unless they're behind someone also doing the same.

Date: November 28, 2006 10:15PM

GOING TOO SLOW/USING THE BRAKES TOO MUCH

My 'favorite'...people doing 25-30 in a 45 zone and braking at the green lights

Posted by: Lasuena ()
Date: November 29, 2006 05:50AM

>By the way, I should point out that the Sterling Costco is NOT in Fairfax County.

>It is in Loudon County :)

But was the driver Korean? If so then it still has to do with Fairfax County, maybe even Fairfax City.

There is no concept of passing lanes or exit lanes around here. Any lane that exits to the left is so inadequate that cars back up into what used to be known as a passing lane to intelligent people.

Date: November 29, 2006 07:21AM

If it's known as the passing lane to intelligent people, what is is known by to you, Lasuena?

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: November 30, 2006 02:24PM

Lets face it there are a lot of asshole drivers out there. It doesnt really matter what type of cars they drive as long as they have made some bad moves out there on the roads at some point or other. Personally I find people who drive BMW's to be the most arrogent and just plain awful drivers on the road.

Date: November 30, 2006 06:12PM

That wasn't me at 07:21AM.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 30, 2006 09:33PM

well gee... maybe you should REGISTER THE NAME.

dont want people to post as you?

THEN REGISTER YOUR FUCKING NAME, RETARDS!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: November 30, 2006 09:57PM

Attachments:
samandkitty.jpg

Date: December 01, 2006 08:24AM

lol. meeper, that's great.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: December 01, 2006 10:10AM

Gravis, I really don't care THAT much.

Date: December 01, 2006 04:37PM

That wasn't me either.

Date: December 01, 2006 04:41PM

But this is me.

Date: December 01, 2006 06:34PM

No, this is me.

Date: December 01, 2006 10:54PM

I am not suffering from multiple personality disorder.

Date: December 03, 2006 09:07PM

fantastic, you are both dumbasses.

Posted by: SaMiViMa ()
Date: December 03, 2006 10:19PM

Gravis Wrote:
> fantastic, you are both dumbasses.

OK. I usually stay out of this stuff, but THAT was funny.

Posted by: Enough already ()
Date: August 26, 2020 01:05PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.