HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Who wants to work for $7.25/hr.?
Posted by: Karl Marx ()
Date: October 17, 2017 06:56AM

In protest of the low minimum wage in the state of Virginia, we are Calling for a general Strike of all workers until the minimum wage is raised to $15.00. In the meantime, we advocate a policy of Stealing, bumming, vandalism, and squatting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who wants to work for $7.25/hr.?
Posted by: Karl Marx 2 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 07:00AM

It's not even worth working for anything less than $15.00 considering the exceptionally high cost of rent in the state of Virginia.

It is a more productive use of one's time to engage in petty crime that upsets the Capitalist production process. By committing crime on a mass scale, we can increase class tension and instigate counter measures by the state which will in turn bring us closer to revolution.

Anarchist Calisthenics - Try to break at least 1 law per day, even if it's a minor law such as j-walking or using drugs. This amplified on a mass scale will greatly aid the revolution and the destruction of Capitalism.

Posted by: where do you work ()
Date: October 17, 2017 07:09AM

Where do you work that pays $7.25?

When I was in college during summers well over 10 years ago I worked part-time at Costco. They paid me $10.50/hour and I got the lowest possible salary since I was basically seasonal and PT. I would imagine they probably pay more now or at least other places do too.

Posted by: Recruiter ()
Date: October 17, 2017 07:23AM

That degree in Victim Studies not working out for you, OP?

Hahaha! Lazy, good-for-nothing, snowflake trash! LOSER!

Posted by: I agree ()
Date: October 17, 2017 07:27AM

Revolution in Northern Virginia, Fairfax County, Fuck all these chumps who are complicit in the perpetuation of Capitalism. Rob them all blind.

Posted by: alskdjf;lkajsdf ()
Date: October 17, 2017 10:34AM

I don't want to work for 7.50 an hour which is why I have worked hard all my life to make sure that I don't have to. Acquire a valuable skill and never rest. Have excellent work ethic and make yourself irreplaceable wherever you are. It did not matter if I was making pizzas in high school or slinging drinks in college, I was always the most reliable, hardest working person there and the pay showed that. I treat my employees now the same way. Work hard, be the best you can be and I will reward you. A lack of work ethic is most people's biggest reason they cant get ahead. Skills can be taught but strong morals, ethics and a willingness to do whatever it takes to help yourself and others around you to succeed are things you either choose to embrace or you will find yourself to be easily replaced.

Posted by: jujvf ()
Date: October 17, 2017 10:41AM

It sucks when you have a work ethic, but the employers don't even want to give you a chance when you want to change careers, and don't believe you when you say "I want to come back to the food service industry, happy to start at the beginning again as a prepper or line cook!" and they ignore you and hire the teenage kid who is going to quit when he gets his first check.

I see restaurants doing better and more are doing e-verify which is good to keep the illegals out- but they are still not wanting to hire older workers who WANT a change in their career fearing they will go back to their old one (NOT TRUE in my case).

I am pretty much set financially, and cooking is a passion of mine. Shame that even applebee's won't hire me to microwave their meals for them and would rather hire Enrique and his cousin. I will even take minimum wage but all i hear is "Hispanics work harder". Some truth to this but it is sad I WANT to cook and cannot because I don't have "Recent restaurant experience". That is why i said it is OK if i wash dishes or whatever. Still- answer is NO.

Fuck it, I'm going to start my own business then.

Sorry just ranting it is relevant to the topic.

Posted by: Failure for a reason ()
Date: October 17, 2017 12:24PM

Research the areas of the country that tried that $15.00 per hour wage mandate.

The results were less than pleasing.

Posted by: Qwerty asdf ()
Date: October 17, 2017 12:57PM

Snowflakes don't want to earn a good salary; they want it to be handed to them.

Posted by: i support an increase ()
Date: October 17, 2017 01:46PM

alskdjf;lkajsdf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't want to work for 7.50 an hour which is why
> I have worked hard all my life to make sure that I
> don't have to.

the hardest job i ever had was for $7.25 an hour. it was backbreaking work, hardly any rest breaks even in the hot sun and dust, being constantly demeaned by customers, called a loser, and getting punched, kicked, or slapped by people walking by or having things thrown at you, and laughed at while you’re hunched over from all the heavy lifting, and public humiliations. it was intense, and gave me an understanding of how hard it can be to have such meager earnings to bring home.

Posted by: ^^^^^^^Please..... ()
Date: October 17, 2017 02:06PM

You are lying to try and justify your position. You never had a job like you described. If, for arguments sake you did, you should probably examine all of your OWN life choices that put you in the position you were in (although you most likely were not actually in that position). The person in the mirror is the only one making you not succeed at your endeavors.

Posted by: Being employer no picnic ()
Date: October 17, 2017 02:09PM

We have two full time minimum wage employees. Both work for us because we also offered retirement contributions, and we offer full time employees health insurance for self and dependents up to $1,500 per month. So while the nominal pay rate was $7.25 per hour, with benefits they were making over $16 and with employer taxes they are costing us close to $17.50.

Next year we have been told the single only rate for health insurance will go over $1,500. We can't cut the employees pay. They won't agree to let us deduct the excess from their pay. So we are letting them both go.

It could be worse. If they worked for us in the District we would also have to offer them paid family leave which could add an extra $2/hour to their cost.

Posted by: some kid ()
Date: October 17, 2017 02:15PM

Awww comon u guyth this is super serial! You can barely get a good lego set for $7.25! I need toys here!

Posted by: Mike_Hunt ()
Date: October 17, 2017 02:21PM

Ahhh, flashbacks of the early 80's ~ I turned 16 and got my driver's license & first 'real' job all on the same day.

Minimum wage was just $3.35/hr . . . but I felt rich !! (The wait staff in the restaurant made $2.15+tips)

Posted by: libtarded libtards ()
Date: October 17, 2017 03:13PM

If we didn't have minimum wage people would be earning more. Only libtards don't understand economics.

Posted by: halfway broke ()
Date: October 17, 2017 03:25PM

Minimum wage law= I am legally obligated to pay you $7.25 if I was not I would be paying you LESS so be greatful you get THAT.

-Business owner.

Shitty thing is, I don't know of anywhere in this whole Northern VA/DC area one could even find a studio apartment on minimum wage. All there is is a rented room.

To make it in a median apartment around here ($1,600) one would need to make $57,600 annually (36x the rent) to even qualify.

Federal minimum wage is $15,080. It would take 3.8 full time 40-hour jobs to afford it.

Now you know why illegals live 10 deep in an apartment- only way they can afford it.

I respect their hustle on that one.

Posted by: Missing the point ()
Date: October 19, 2017 08:19AM

I made minimum wage. When I was 14. I worked bussing tables. Learned to cook, and made a bit more money. Then I labored for a mason, damn hard work and doubled my pay. At 19, went into the service. Not much money, but they paid for my college and housed and fed me. Made more money. After 15 years of hard work and learning how things worked, I started my own business. Some years, I made less. But as I worked, learned, and invested, I have made a nice return on 40 years of hard work, education, paying attention to detail, and good decisions among some not so good ones. I have a real problem handing someone a raise just because they show up. Capitalism is about equal opportunity, not equal results. It's why it works. You want more money, earn it. Or, you can enslave yourself to the powers that be by accepting the crumbs they offer while they feed at the substantial public trough extorted through higher taxes for less services to placate their minions with "minimum " wage. It's the only accurate part of this whole scheme. Let's change it to a more accurate "minimum wage for life".

Posted by: just a poor person ()
Date: October 19, 2017 08:30AM

Just keep in mind too- there are many out here who want to work but cannot due to the fact they will get cut off from their benefits if they earn $1/hour more.

Google "welfare cliff" for an understanding.

And before I get spammed with "welfare queen" "but N-words" (I know Ffu Very well) - there are white people and people of other races on welfare too. Meaning- free medical, dental, EBT, housing assistance, etc.

Say you have a kid with special needs. Kid is eligible for FREE medical services since you only make $1700 a month working your $10 an hour job (typical salary in retail right now).

Your boss gives you a raise to $11/hour.

Guess what, no more free medical for your child. So now you go to the exchange to find suitable healthcare- and the CHEAPEST plan is $450 a month for your family of 3. You also lose your EBT and housing assistance as well.

So now even though you earn $1 more an hour on your check, you LOST your medical, so now it's like a $450.month PAYCUT and that leaves LESS money for you to pay the rent and bills with- which just went UP due to the fact ALL your assistance got cut off for a $2000/year raise. $2000 won't even cover 5 months of your health insurance premium, not your copays, and if there is a serious event you have to scrounge up your $10k minimum in bills before the coverage you have even kicks in (Looking at you Blue cross!)

Like FfxU has any empathy tho. I know people will say "don't have the kid then". Hindsight is 50/50 and what of those who lost their spouse of no fault of their own in this situation. They will still blame the mother for her low salary even though it was her husband that TOLD her to stay home and he dies so she has no choice to go back in the work field to compete with the mexicans and muslims who will work for peanuts so they get hired first.

But yeah, fuck us all for being poor amirite!

Posted by: Truth is difficult to handle ()
Date: October 19, 2017 08:32AM

It's simple -- if you don't want a low wage job, improve yourself and get a higher wage job. If you don't want to work for someone else, start your own business.

This is a free country; no one forces you to work for $7.25.

Posted by: This is how they control you ()
Date: October 19, 2017 09:49AM

just a poor person Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just keep in mind too- there are many out here who
> want to work but cannot due to the fact they will
> get cut off from their benefits if they earn
> $1/hour more.
>
> Google "welfare cliff" for an understanding.
>
> And before I get spammed with "welfare queen" "but
> N-words" (I know Ffu Very well) - there are white
> people and people of other races on welfare too.
> Meaning- free medical, dental, EBT, housing
> assistance, etc.
>
> Say you have a kid with special needs. Kid is
> eligible for FREE medical services since you only
> make $1700 a month working your $10 an hour job
> (typical salary in retail right now).
>
> Your boss gives you a raise to $11/hour.
>
> Guess what, no more free medical for your child.
> So now you go to the exchange to find suitable
> healthcare- and the CHEAPEST plan is $450 a month
> for your family of 3. You also lose your EBT and
> housing assistance as well.
>
> So now even though you earn $1 more an hour on
> your check, you LOST your medical, so now it's
> like a $450.month PAYCUT and that leaves LESS
> money for you to pay the rent and bills with-
> which just went UP due to the fact ALL your
> assistance got cut off for a $2000/year raise.
> $2000 won't even cover 5 months of your health
> insurance premium, not your copays, and if there
> is a serious event you have to scrounge up your
> $10k minimum in bills before the coverage you have
> even kicks in (Looking at you Blue cross!)
>
> Like FfxU has any empathy tho. I know people will
> say "don't have the kid then". Hindsight is 50/50
> and what of those who lost their spouse of no
> fault of their own in this situation. They will
> still blame the mother for her low salary even
> though it was her husband that TOLD her to stay
> home and he dies so she has no choice to go back
> in the work field to compete with the mexicans
> and muslims who will work for peanuts so they get
> hired first.
>
> But yeah, fuck us all for being poor amirite!

And this my friends is Welfare State 101. The best thing you can do is never accept their handouts and make your own way no matter how hard. They now are forcing you to be a good subservient marxist voter. Never getting ahead, just getting enough to live and stay dependent on your leftist/statist masters. Do whatever you need to do, sign up for any vocational training class you can, obtain some sort of marketable skill and unchain yourself from the Welfare State.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.