HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Someone crossed the line, and now 82-year-old William Henry Corum of Lorton is dead
Posted by: Crash Detective ()
Date: October 10, 2017 02:38PM

West Springfield Police District – Our Crash Reconstruction Unit detectives are investigating a fatal crash in Springfield this morning involving a 1998 Ford Mustang and a 2008 Dodge Caliber.

It happened in the 8400 block of Alban Road at about 8:15 a.m. The Ford Mustang was north on Alban Road and the 2008 Dodge Caliber was south on Alban Road when the cars crashed almost head on in to one another.

The driver of the Ford Mustang, 82-year-old William Henry Corum of Lorton, Virginia was pronounced dead at the scene. The other driver was treated for minor injuries at the scene and was released.

Speed is yet to be determined, but after a preliminary investigation it does not appear alcohol was a factor in the crash.

All lanes of traffic on Alban Road were closed for several hours. The crash remains under investigation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Someone crossed the line, and now 82-year-old William Henry Corum of Lorton is dead
Posted by: Wheel.Man ()
Date: October 10, 2017 06:24PM

It's fucking bullshit that an 82 year old man is driving. When I'm 82, an autonomous car will transport me around...and I'll die right there having had driving control evolved away from me. At least I'll be able to send my autonomous car out to CO and back for a brick of choice doobage...

Re: Someone crossed the line, and now 82-year-old William Henry Corum of Lorton is dead
Posted by: morons with phones while driving ()
Date: October 10, 2017 06:26PM

Could have been the geezer's fault, but I wouldn't be surprised if the other driver was playing with his electronic toy and wasn't paying attention. It only takes a split second.

Posted by: Rocky82 ()
Date: October 10, 2017 06:43PM

Wow...the man driving was a family member of mine.I can assure you he wasn't a geezer. One of the nicest guys. Also you would've never know he was a day over 50.

Posted by: Cars Kill People ()
Date: October 10, 2017 07:31PM

Posted by: Kqz18 ()
Date: October 10, 2017 07:31PM

Same. He was my cousin. Stop talking about stuff you don't know. We are in shock and awaiting the finding. Please have respect for the dead and their families. Karma has a great vengeance on those who deserve it. Be careful of your words. As the other started he was 82, but didn't look a year over 50 let alone 40 and the most cautious driver I know. I don't know what happened, but I'm hoping William went quickly and painless as possible.

Posted by: Groovy.Ghoul ()
Date: October 10, 2017 07:37PM

Yeah...fuck that old man and his 20 year old Mustang...this whole story is just a COLLISION of the aged and the privilege of driving...

Posted by: Is the Mustang totaled? ()
Date: October 10, 2017 07:39PM

Kqz18 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Same. He was my cousin. Stop talking about stuff
> you don't know. We are in shock and awaiting the
> finding. Please have respect for the dead and
> their families. Karma has a great vengeance on
> those who deserve it. Be careful of your words. As
> the other started he was 82, but didn't look a
> year over 50 let alone 40 and the most cautious
> driver I know. I don't know what happened, but I'm
> hoping William went quickly and painless as
> possible.

Looking for a good deal.
Attachments:
IMG_5618.JPG

Posted by: Cousin ()
Date: October 10, 2017 10:15PM

Bro your an asshole! Karma is a bitch! That is my family member and I wish we would meet! We will bury one of the best guys I know one of the best fathers one of the husbands I know! I love you Bill and you will be missed by all!

Posted by: Picture of Bill Corum. ()
Date: October 10, 2017 11:46PM

Bill was a Pickleball champion, he will be missed.
Attachments:
IMG_5812.JPG

Posted by: Cousin 2 ()
Date: October 11, 2017 12:02AM

He was an old fag

Posted by: y4kdc ()
Date: October 11, 2017 06:28AM

Picture of Bill Corum. Wrote:
> Bill was a Pickleball champion, he will be missed.

Yep, doesn't look a day over 50...........

Posted by: PWXTT ()
Date: October 11, 2017 06:43AM

y4kdc Wrote:
> Picture of Bill Corum. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Bill was a Pickleball champion, he will be
> missed.
>
> Yep, doesn't look a day over 50...........

Maybe a hundred and fifty

Posted by: Geriatrics ()
Date: October 11, 2017 07:30AM

Bill no doubt had a heart attack, died, and then crashed into the victim.

Old people should not be allowed to drive!

Posted by: Kqz72 ()
Date: October 11, 2017 12:01PM

Kqz18 Wrote:
> Same. He was my cousin. As
> the other started he was 82, but didn't look a
> year over 50 let alone 40 and the most cautious
> driver I know.

Ditto. He was my son and didn't look a year over 30. Drove that Mustang never more than 35 mph.

Posted by: Another one? ()
Date: October 11, 2017 12:10PM

Any relation? This was just a couple of weeks ago?

A woman died Monday following a crash in McLean, according to a Fairfax County police statement.

Shirley Lee Corum, 75, of Sterling, was transported to a local hospital where she died.

Corum was driving a 2014 Kia Optima around 6:15 a.m. heading east on Leesburg Pike near the Dulles Toll Road, police said.

Detectives believe that Corum’s car crossed over the median and into the westbound lanes before hitting a guardrail. It appears that she suffered a medical emergency that led to the accident.

Posted by: Derek Mohler ()
Date: October 11, 2017 12:10PM

He was high and had just smoked some weed that he bought from Derek Mohler at Glory Days Grill in Burke.

Posted by: Another son? ()
Date: October 11, 2017 12:11PM

Posted by: relation?????? ()
Date: October 11, 2017 02:13PM

Another one? Wrote:
> Any relation? This was just a couple of weeks
> ago?
>
> A woman died Monday following a crash in McLean,
> according to a Fairfax County police statement.
>

She had a child that lived in Lorton.

http://www.loudountimes.com/news/obituary/shirley_lee_corum

Shirley Lee Corum

Shirley Lee Corum, Age 75, departed this life on Sept. 18, 2017 at Fairfax Hospital

Loving mother of James Corum(Darcell) of Lorton, VA, Felicia Hawkins of Chester, VA, Randy Corum of Washington, DC, Tracy Corum of Reston, VA and Margo Corum(Kirk Chatman) of Arlington, VA. Beloved sister of Eugene Roberts (Shirley) of Sterling, VA, Annie Roberts of Herndon, VA, Thomas Roberts (Brenda) of Bealton, VA, Rose Roberts of Herndon, VA, Frank Roberts of Sterling, VA and Matthew Roberts (Pam) of Ephrata, PA. She is also survived by fourteen grandchildren and eight great grandchildren and a host of other relatives and friends.

A Viewing will be held at 10:00 a.m. until time of Funeral Services at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017 at Heritage Fellowship Church, 2501 Fox Mill Road, Reston, VA 20191. Interment will be at Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church Cemetery, Aldie Va.

Posted by: Gabe1bubba2 ()
Date: October 11, 2017 06:54PM

For all of you saying it's the 82 yo mans fault know of you knew him so you should t assume. As personally knowing the man I have a feeling it wasn't his fault. Yeah he was 82 but he seemed 55 in his energy. He was on his way to work because even though he was retired he still worked. He hHe was no where near an " old geezer). You people make me sick. I bet it was the other driver distracted on his phone if anything not him.

Posted by: 105. ()
Date: October 11, 2017 08:09PM

How old was the other driver?

Posted by: Mandelbaum Go Time ()
Date: October 11, 2017 08:17PM

Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum!

Posted by: Mike_Hunt ()
Date: October 11, 2017 08:26PM

>>> How old was the other driver?

So far there are no details of the other driver (age, race, sex, etc.), all the newspapers just state: The driver of the Dodge Caliber was treated for minor injuries at the scene and was released.

https://fcpdnews.wordpress.com/2017/10/10/fatal-crash-on-alban-road-in-springfield/

Posted by: no ticket ()
Date: October 11, 2017 08:33PM

Mike_Hunt Wrote:
> >>> How old was the other driver?
>
>
> So far there are no details of the other driver
> (age, race, sex, etc.), all the newspapers just
> state: The driver of the Dodge Caliber was treated
> for minor injuries at the scene and was released.
>
> https://fcpdnews.wordpress.com/2017/10/10/fatal-cr
> ash-on-alban-road-in-springfield/

Hard to advoid a Pickleballer having a medical emergency.
Attachments:
IMG_5812.JPG

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: October 11, 2017 08:34PM

news networks suck

Posted by: His Niece ()
Date: October 11, 2017 11:08PM

No way Bill caused the accident. Bill could pass for a 23yo. He could get it up 16 times a day. Maybe he was masturbating and lost control, but it sure wasn't old age that got him!

Posted by: grim reaper ()
Date: October 11, 2017 11:49PM

No information whether the other driver was charged or who was at fault. Seems at least equally likely the surviving driver was texting or talking.

Posted by: PI ()
Date: October 12, 2017 07:43PM

Shame on you all. What if Mr. Corum were one of your family members? I knew him. He was a kind soul who loved to work, adored his family, and would help anyone. That Mustang GT was a machine! But you probably don't know anything about real cars.

As for the name of the other driver, I can tell you (since my spouse is a cop and I'm a private investigator) that there are probably charges pending against them and that's why they don't release the name. Speed was a factor and knowing Mr. Corum that even though he drove a GT he was not a speeder but extremely cautious because that was his job everyday. He drove a truck and made deliveries. His driving record was spotless. The cops arr building the case and deciding what the charge should be against the other driver.

So for you assholes out there, the next time you pass an accident, see or read about one in the web or hear of one on the radio, stop and thank the good Lord that it's not one of your family members. How would you feel reading posts about your family members like some of the ones that are on here? Yeah, didn't think so.

God's speed, Mr. Corum. You will be missed.

Posted by: 1969JaguarEtype ()
Date: October 12, 2017 08:39PM

Yeah, I know a bit about cars. Mustangs are sportscars for rednecks. The rest of the world knows...if you want an American sports car, you drive a Ford GT40/GT, Dodge Viper or upline Chevrolet Corvette.

Posted by: lg17 ()
Date: October 12, 2017 09:11PM

Interesting you jump to blame the old guy.... fact is the other driver was texting and driving and crossed over and killed Corum...

Posted by: RIP Bill ()
Date: October 13, 2017 01:05AM

My mother has lived across Mr Bill for 15 years & I’ve known him for that long. For you little turds who think just b/c he’s 82 this accident is his fault need to STFU & drink some bleach. You do not know this man & to back up everyone who knew him Mr. Bill he absolutely did not look a day over 60. & I bet he could have beat all your little internet gangster butts at the age of 82.
Mr Bill was a parts driver for Springfield Toyota, he had a perfect driving record. If he got one ticket he would lose his job. His Mustang was his baby, a 88 Mustang 5.0 (go ahead & google a picture of a 1988 Ford Mustang 5.0 young bucks). So FU & your freedom of speech amendment. If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say it at all. Especially if it’s about someone’s family/friend you don’t know. One day you will be in our position & I hope you realize how demented you were, look up & apologize to Mr. Bill.
Monday evening, the morning before his accident I went to go pick my boys up from my moms house & I saw Mr. Bill sitting at his door steps. Whenever I’m at my moms & I see Mr. Bill we always chat for a bit. But this time he was on his cell phone so I decided to just smile & wave & he did the same. I wonder if I went over just to shake his hand instead if that would have made a difference the next morning. I’ll never know. RIP Mr. Bill we will miss you.

Posted by: Every action has a reaction ()
Date: October 13, 2017 07:33AM

Yes, if you had taken the time to shake his hand none of this would have happened! But how were you to know? None of us knows! We can beat ourselves up after the fact, but since we didn't know ahead of time, it's not own fault!

Posted by: Big Man ()
Date: October 13, 2017 04:17PM

All y'all talking smack about someone you don't even know.I have been on the road for the past 10yrs as a delivery driver and I see this man almost every day when am working doing the same job day in day out and I would have never guessed his age.82 Really??Am in the middle 30's and this man is even in great shape than me or even y'all.Dont say shit about someone you Don't know.(karma)
May your soul Rest in peace O.G you will be miss!!!!!

Posted by: That was so gay ()
Date: October 13, 2017 04:21PM

Big Man Wrote:
> All y'all talking smack about someone you don't
> even know.I have been on the road for the past
> 10yrs as a delivery driver and I see this man
> almost every day when am working doing the same
> job day in day out and I would have never guessed
> his age.82 Really??Am in the middle 30's and this
> man is even in great shape than me or even
> y'all.Dont say shit about someone you Don't
> know.(karma)
> May your soul Rest in peace O.G you will be
> miss!!!!!

You have AIDS
Attachments:
IMG_6782.JPG

Posted by: Judy ()
Date: October 14, 2017 11:18AM

That 82 year old man worked everyday and was in better shape than most young people he looked about 60 and was also a driver for s living. The poor man had a heart attack which could happen to anyone. Stop judging

Posted by: The new champ ()
Date: October 14, 2017 04:47PM

The chick is bills daughter, she sucks the cock after you stick er in the butt:-)
Attachments:
IMG_5821.JPG
IMG_5815.JPG

Posted by: Watch it ()
Date: October 15, 2017 03:19PM

grim reaper Wrote:
> No information whether the other driver was
> charged or who was at fault. Seems at least
> equally likely the surviving driver was texting or
> talking.

When no information is released about the other driver in a fatal, it could mean that the other driver is connected to Law Enforcement.

Posted by: Dee Emm Vee ()
Date: October 15, 2017 03:35PM

Drivers licenses for people over 70 should require a physical exam and a behind the wheel evaluation every 18 months. Nobody over 79 years 11 months should be allowed to drive. The self driving cars will help these people in the future.

Posted by: Dr E911 ()
Date: October 15, 2017 11:15PM

There should be a law against masturbating while driving, at least for men over 80. Could've prevented this tragedy.

Posted by: FUFPM ()
Date: October 16, 2017 09:09AM

He looks old as fuck in those pics, no way he should of been driving.

Posted by: Bumperreeee ()
Date: December 17, 2017 07:50PM

Old fucker

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: December 17, 2017 07:58PM

Dee Emm Vee Wrote:
> Drivers licenses for people over 70 should require
> a physical exam and a behind the wheel evaluation
> every 18 months. Nobody over 79 years 11 months
> should be allowed to drive. The self driving cars
> will help these people in the future.

What should be done for those under 70 who cannot focus on driving long enough to keep their car inside the lines? fucking retards.

Posted by: 3ce7y ()
Date: December 18, 2017 11:50PM

Cars Kill People Wrote:
> It's time to ban Dodge Calibers. That's the
> second fatal involving a Dodge Caliber this week.
>
> http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/articles/two-unrelated
> -fatal-crashes-include-same-model-cars-two-lorton/
> article_c44f3336-adeb-11e7-b6f7-4b576736f047.html

very weak lead since they are different model years and operated in different counties - and were sold in great quantities !

i'm sure police would ask (ford, the dealer, google) about potential issues if they needed to. i think your just looking at an article writer with nothing better to do than draw inferences

Posted by: cn7dd ()
Date: December 18, 2017 11:53PM

one incident involved left/right position (head on) and police did not say who was on the wrong side (analysis would usually say which)

the other incident involved (lack of breaking), but involved two vehicles who both made the (same) mistake

drivers have an extreme problem making quick turns while noticing if there are pedestrians in their peripheral vision. a pedestrian who doesn't make eye contact with drivers is FUCKING CRAZY

I'm %100 sure that eye contact is taught in both HS and by DMV license exams

Posted by: twy3u ()
Date: December 18, 2017 11:57PM

number of accidents in the event space: 2

number of accidents having anything in common: squat

probability events are independance:

opo0428b-590x560.jpg

Posted by: correction ()
Date: December 18, 2017 11:58PM

s.p. independant

Posted by: correction ()
Date: December 18, 2017 11:58PM

independent

Posted by: Full blown AIDS ()
Date: December 19, 2017 12:20AM

Is a joke? Fuck you bro!
Attachments:
IMG_8352.JPG
IMG_8346.GIF

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.