HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Chris Grisafe for School Board 8-29
Posted by: VOTE 8-29 ()
Date: August 22, 2017 08:10PM

Are you sick of hearing people whine about transgender bathrooms, changing school names without following written protocol, and spending run amok?

VOTE!!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chris Grisafe for School Board 8-29
Posted by: He's Getting My Vote ()
Date: August 22, 2017 09:09PM

He'll get my vote. Unfortunately, the rest of Fairfax will see it the other way and vote for the Lib. Only when the average real estate bill reaches $15K per year will the rest of Fairfax wake up. Then again, maybe not - it's like that in Jersey and people are still asleep there.

Posted by: dumbnynjlibs ()
Date: August 22, 2017 09:35PM

He's Getting My Vote Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He'll get my vote. Unfortunately, the rest of
> Fairfax will see it the other way and vote for the
> Lib. Only when the average real estate bill
> reaches $15K per year will the rest of Fairfax
> wake up. Then again, maybe not - it's like that
> in Jersey and people are still asleep there.

No. These damn northerners are fleeing south. I see NJ and NY plates around here ever thicker. They wet their bed up there with their liberal poison, can't stand to live there anymore, move south, complain about everything here and then try to change things like they were up north. Literally makes no sense.

Posted by: Grisafe HAS TO WIN! ()
Date: August 23, 2017 05:00AM

If the liberals win and beat Chris Grisafe, well, pack up and leave Fairfax County, because the whole place is going to go to hell with them in charge!

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: August 24, 2017 02:10PM

I have an interesting little story about the School Board Member special election. As a fiscal conservative and skeptic of any Democrat running in a non partisan election I was wondering about Karen Keys-Gamarra's issues and actual plan for office should she win the election. Having run across a table that she had set up at the Fairfax County Government Center I asked the lady attending the stand how Keys-Gamarra was going to pay for all of those nice things that she is promising the voters if she is elected. The nice lady calmly stated that she did not know anything about how those things would be paid for but she could tell me about all of those nice things that she is promising the voters from her issues section on her website.

The fact that she could not answer that KEY question says quite a lot about the candidate's focus, her motives and her plans once elected. You also cannot get an answer from her about this KEY question because she does not care how much the School Board spends. The reason she does not care is that she is not spending her own money--she is spending YOUR hard earned money and regardless of how high your real estate taxes are today it will never be enough.

Interestingly, a lady handing out campaign literature for Chris Grisafe volunteered to tell me how he planned to focus on student performance in the classroom and how he planned to pay for the cost of those improvements. As a matter of principle I plan to return to the Government Center next Monday when Keys-Gamarra may be present so that she has an opportunity to answer that KEY question. I do not have much hope of an answer because Karen Keys-Gamarra does not have an answer to that KEY question that voters in Fairfax County wants to hear! Her only answer will be to raise your taxes!

Posted by: does anyone know ()
Date: August 24, 2017 02:52PM

I looked at the video on Keys-Gamarra website of the forum last night.

What did Grisafe say that triggered her response to him? She said something like he could not put words in her mouth and something about "fake news."

However, I could not find what he said that triggered that. Somehow, that was left off the video--or, at least, I couldn't find it. Does anyone know what he said that was so offensive?

She also said about raising taxes or something that she did not have a policy on that--yet, in one interview she said that she was in favor of the School Board having taxing authority. I read that, it was not "fake news."

Posted by: Please note ()
Date: August 24, 2017 02:58PM

http://bluevirginia.us/2017/06/30617

This is where I read about the taxing authority Keys-Gamarra supports.
She also supports renaming schools and partnering with the NAACP to work on changing the problems in the George Mason study (hiring more diverse population).

Please note that the SB partnered with the NAACP on renaming Jeb Stuart. That was a lovely process.

Read her answers. I'm all for closing the achievement gap, but let's be sure that we bring the bottom up and don't pull the top down. There are two ways to close it.

Date: August 24, 2017 03:03PM

I will research it but she has tried to make the impression that she is a fiscal conservative. My guess is that he said something about excessive spending which can be implied by her favoring the School Boards legislative agenda. It includes obtaining taxing authority, getting the authority for a meals tax without a referendum, an internet tax among other tax raising initiatives. It also favors total freedom from BOS oversight.

Posted by: well, MAYBE ()
Date: August 24, 2017 03:09PM

Well, maybe her Dem party will contribute to FCPS. They have given her over $20,000 for her campaign--plus lots of local Dem office holders have contributed from their funds. She is well -funded. But, then she had tons more money in the Sully campaign and lost--but a small amount. Wilson had very little money.

Date: August 24, 2017 04:31PM

The video was heavily edited so it can only be speculated what provoked Key-Gamarra's attack on Grisafe. With that said, knowing Keys web content and the fact that she used the SB legislative agenda as one of her main campaign points of acquiring SB taxing authority I would assume that Grisafe made some sort of statement about the taxing authority or the unsaid Keys intent to raise taxes if needed to fund her initiatives. Please note that she was in favor of every initiative during the debate. The real trick is to find a way to pay for it without robbing the tax payers and she had no answer for that.

Posted by: TF ()
Date: August 24, 2017 04:43PM

She wants taxing authority and to waste money on changing school names. She did not run a solid campaign before - just assumed she would win. Dems really want her - as they have a solid majority seems a waste of money and effort.

Posted by: Odd ()
Date: August 24, 2017 04:52PM

Inquisitive One Wrote:
> The video was heavily edited so it can only be
> speculated what provoked Key-Gamarra's attack on
> Grisafe. With that said, knowing Keys web content
> and the fact that she used the SB legislative
> agenda as one of her main campaign points of
> acquiring SB taxing authority I would assume that
> Grisafe made some sort of statement about the
> taxing authority or the unsaid Keys intent to
> raise taxes if needed to fund her initiatives.
> Please note that she was in favor of every
> initiative during the debate. The real trick is
> to find a way to pay for it without robbing the
> tax payers and she had no answer for that.

Well, it just seems odd that the Dems are twittering all over the place about how Keys-Gamarra put Grisafe down with her comment--yet, they don't show what Grisafe said--so you don't know for sure why she responded that way.

I thought he was quite respectful.

She also said that she had run a "clean campaign"--but her friends are putting out some pretty ugly comments. They are trying to align him with the KKK. That is really dirty pool.

Date: August 24, 2017 05:07PM

Odd Wrote:
> Inquisitive One Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The video was heavily edited so it can only be
> > speculated what provoked Key-Gamarra's attack
> on
> > Grisafe. With that said, knowing Keys web
> content
> > and the fact that she used the SB legislative
> > agenda as one of her main campaign points of
> > acquiring SB taxing authority I would assume
> that
> > Grisafe made some sort of statement about the
> > taxing authority or the unsaid Keys intent to
> > raise taxes if needed to fund her initiatives.
> > Please note that she was in favor of every
> > initiative during the debate. The real trick
> is
> > to find a way to pay for it without robbing the
> > tax payers and she had no answer for that.
>
> Well, it just seems odd that the Dems are
> twittering all over the place about how
> Keys-Gamarra put Grisafe down with her
> comment--yet, they don't show what Grisafe
> said--so you don't know for sure why she responded
> that way.
>
> I thought he was quite respectful.
>
> She also said that she had run a "clean
> campaign"--but her friends are putting out some
> pretty ugly comments. They are trying to align
> him with the KKK. That is really dirty pool.

Without knowing what was said it was (and sounded rehearsed) grandstanding. The tone and style lacked style but was designed for effect. The League of Women Voters had what seemed to be introductory remarks and it was obvious that the Keys video started a 2/3 of the way through the debate because it was a 30 minute video during a debate that was scheduled for 1.5 hours. Help from someone who attended the debate would be appreciated!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2017 05:08PM by Inquisitive One.

Posted by: Found the clip ()
Date: August 24, 2017 05:44PM

I found the clip at bluevirginia. At the very, very end of the first video @46 min), Grisafe mentions that Keys has publicly said she supports the taxing authority. His whole statement was cut off. Then, in the second video when Keys-Gamarra speaks, she uses that sound bite. (very early in the second video.)

And, it doesn't even make sense--because she was talking about the taxing authority right before he spoke. And, she has did publicly say that she supports it on the questions that she was asked by the Dems.

http://bluevirginia.us/2017/08/video-karen-keys-gamarra-to-chris-grisafe-i-understand-that-is-the-era-of-fake-news-but-please-dont-answer-for-me

She definitely had rehearsed that sound bite. I would like to know what was "fake" about his comment. It's interesting that his clip is cut off and her
"comeback" is almost at the beginning of the second tape.

Why can't our SB members be concerned about ensuring that our kids have a good educational experience?

Date: August 24, 2017 06:04PM

Found the clip Wrote:
> I found the clip at bluevirginia. At the very,
> very end of the first video @46 min), Grisafe
> mentions that Keys has publicly said she supports
> the taxing authority. His whole statement was cut
> off. Then, in the second video when Keys-Gamarra
> speaks, she uses that sound bite. (very early in
> the second video.)
>
> And, it doesn't even make sense--because she was
> talking about the taxing authority right before he
> spoke. And, she has did publicly say that she
> supports it on the questions that she was asked by
> the Dems.
>
> http://bluevirginia.us/2017/08/video-karen-keys-ga
> marra-to-chris-grisafe-i-understand-that-is-the-er
> a-of-fake-news-but-please-dont-answer-for-me
>
> She definitely had rehearsed that sound bite. I
> would like to know what was "fake" about his
> comment. It's interesting that his clip is cut off
> and her
> "comeback" is almost at the beginning of the
> second tape.
>
> Why can't our SB members be concerned about
> ensuring that our kids have a good educational
> experience?

Thanks, I heard that clip but it did not register. It also makes sense because I would not want to base an election campaign on the FCPS School Board fiscal legislative agenda. It is toxic for a residential home owner that has been taxed to death for the past five years. As for your last question, Keys answers that question directly. Her concern is diversity rather than the kids having a good educational experience. Their priorities are well meaning but all screwed up when viewed as a big picture.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: August 24, 2017 07:19PM

Much as I hate the idea of Keys-Gamara being elected, Chris Grisafe is proving to be a weak candidate who has done a poor job of telling county voters why they should vote for him. In much of the county the Republicans have done such a poor job of getting the word out that many voters are unaware there is even an election coming up. With neither of the independents presenting an agenda that is likely to command strong support it is going to come down to which party turns out the most of its strongest supporters...and that means we will probably be stuck with Keys-Gamara.

Date: August 24, 2017 07:50PM

I can say for a certainty that Ms. Keys-Gamarra had been on the record as wanting to localize taxing authority to the school board. She provided a different answer in the forum, which Grisafe pointed out. She also provided answers during the forum that was inconsistent with the positions that she has held since the beginning of the campaign.

Date: August 24, 2017 07:57PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> Much as I hate the idea of Keys-Gamara being
> elected, Chris Grisafe is proving to be a weak
> candidate who has done a poor job of telling
> county voters why they should vote for him. In
> much of the county the Republicans have done such
> a poor job of getting the word out that many
> voters are unaware there is even an election
> coming up. With neither of the independents
> presenting an agenda that is likely to command
> strong support it is going to come down to which
> party turns out the most of its strongest
> supporters...and that means we will probably be
> stuck with Keys-Gamara.

Not so fast. This is special election when there are still a lot of people on vacation, there are still a lot of pissed off people that are angry about the Stuart vote and how it was handled and will also be a low turnout election which a turnout of 7-10 percent would not be shocking. For that reason 23-25,000 votes may win this election.

Posted by: Chris Grisafe Won't Win ()
Date: August 24, 2017 09:34PM

I'm a full-blooded right-wing Republican, but I have to say, and my sentiments and disdain of Chris Grisafe have been proven valid, the guy is a very weak candidate, I am sorry to admit.

I and a ton of my fellow friends had a long discussion about the Fairfax County School Board and each and every one of us was, and is, resigned to the fact that Chris just isn't the best candidate to represent Republican values in this special election.

Chris is a nice man, a very good guy, but he was one of the absolute worst candidates that we have nominated, as a party, in a very long time.

He will get resoundingly defeated on Tuesday.

Posted by: Don't be so sure ()
Date: August 24, 2017 09:40PM

Karen Keyes Gamarra lied about her position on name changes and worse insulted another candidate by saying it was "fake news" at yesterday's debate. In addition, a question on her position of giving taxing authority to the school board was submitted by someone in the audience. Gamarra danced around her position on giving the school board taxing authority…couldn't give a straight answer.

Furthermore if the school board is nonpartisan why does her literature and signs say "Democrat for Fairfax County School Board?" Doesn't seem like a smart move for an attorney running for a supposedly non-partisan position.

Chris Grisafe stated that Gamarra favored renaming Lee and Woodson. Gamarra said that was "fake news."

Talk about fake…maybe she should "own" her words of just two months ago….
What is your position on renaming JEB Stuart, Lee, and/or Woodson high schools?
I support the change of names of the schools mentioned above.
http://bluevirginia.us/2017/06/30617
Taxing authority…
http://bluevirginia.us/.../fcps-candidates-qs-meet...

Posted by: Puhleeze ()
Date: August 24, 2017 09:48PM

Chris Grisafe Won't Win Wrote:
" I'm a full-blooded right-wing Republican..."

Bullshit, that statement alone rings false and phony.

"I and a ton of my fellow friends had a long
discussion about the Fairfax County School Board....

Bull shit on you and a "ton" of fellow friends.....so transparent.

"Chris is a nice man, a very good guy"
On this we agree!

Posted by: one thing for sure ()
Date: August 24, 2017 10:41PM

I have no idea what kind of SB member Grisafe would be. From what I heard, he seems to have some common sense and be reasonable.

We do know how Keys-Gamarra would vote.

And, as a PP said, she clearly stated that she was for the taxing authority and that she would favor changing school names. She specifically mentioned Stuart, Woodson, and Lee. But, now there are 31 with Confederate ties--where would she stop?

I cannot understand how a candidate can post a Dem pac fund link on her website when it is supposed to be a non-partisan election.

Grisafe's page appears to be non-partisan--although he is endorsed by GOP.

Also, she has an endorsement from her son on her facebook. Hope she doesn't get him in trouble--he is wearing his uniform. That's a big "no-no" in the military.

Date: August 25, 2017 04:41AM

There are certain realities that you must face as a conservative in Fairfax County. The first reality is that an extreme conservative is not electable on a county-wide basis. When you examine his issues Chris Grisafe is committed to zero based budgeting and examining programs for efficacy prior to continued funding. These are two issues that will lead to inefficient and bloated budgets because programs should not exist just because they have existed in the past. These are also issues closely associated with excessive staffing and cronyism which is why the teacher's union has endorsed Keys-Gamarra.

There are also a number of certainties that you are going to get with Keys-Gamarra which is indicated by some of the other social media posts during the past week or so. She is an opportunist that is willing to say anything that is necessary to get elected but will repay her campaign debts with partisan SB votes supporting CASA and her other clients. Here are the facts. She not only supported the JEB Stuart name change but also openly favors a name change for Lee High School. She also supports the FCPS legislative agenda which includes independent taxing authority (local sales tax and internet), independence from BOS budgetary oversight and freedom to impose taxes without a public referendum. And YES, she did openly state that she favored independent taxing authority for the School Board.

The bottom line is that there are many people that would prefer a more conservative candidate for the school board Chris Grisafe is a fiscal conservative that will work well with the liberal majority on the School Board and that is what is needed for the School Board at this time. He has also been endorsed by his predecessor Jeanette Hough which also worked well with the rest of the Board during her brief term as a School Board Member.

Posted by: woodson, too ()
Date: August 25, 2017 07:33AM

Inquisitive One Wrote:
> There are certain realities that you must face as
> a conservative in Fairfax County. The first
> reality is that an extreme conservative is not
> electable on a county-wide basis. When you examine
> his issues Chris Grisafe is committed to zero
> based budgeting and examining programs for
> efficacy prior to continued funding. These are
> two issues that will lead to inefficient and
> bloated budgets because programs should not exist
> just because they have existed in the past. These
> are also issues closely associated with excessive
> staffing and cronyism which is why the teacher's
> union has endorsed Keys-Gamarra.
>
> There are also a number of certainties that you
> are going to get with Keys-Gamarra which is
> indicated by some of the other social media posts
> during the past week or so. She is an opportunist
> that is willing to say anything that is necessary
> to get elected but will repay her campaign debts
> with partisan SB votes supporting CASA and her
> other clients. Here are the facts. She not only
> supported the JEB Stuart name change but also
> openly favors a name change for Lee High School.
> She also supports the FCPS legislative agenda
> which includes independent taxing authority (local
> sales tax and internet), independence from BOS
> budgetary oversight and freedom to impose taxes
> without a public referendum. And YES, she did
> openly state that she favored independent taxing
> authority for the School Board.
>
> The bottom line is that there are many people that
> would prefer a more conservative candidate for
> the school board Chris Grisafe is a fiscal
> conservative that will work well with the liberal
> majority on the School Board and that is what is
> needed for the School Board at this time. He has
> also been endorsed by his predecessor Jeanette
> Hough which also worked well with the rest of the
> Board during her brief term as a School Board
> Member.

She has also openly stated that she supports changing the name of Woodson.

I know that her supporters say that the almost $1million for changing the name of Stuart is just a "blip"--but how many blips can Fairfax County afford?

And, by the way, the cost estimate leaves out the cost to families who must purchase new swag. I suspect that once the name is changed that the students will not be allowed to wear Stuart clothing.

Also, if you listen to Keys-Gamarra, she said that in talking with the people at Stuart that all was harmonious with the name change--that there was no friction there. I don't think she watched the School Board meetings.

Posted by: video clip ()
Date: August 25, 2017 07:45AM

one thing for sure Wrote:
> I have no idea what kind of SB member Grisafe
> would be. From what I heard, he seems to have
> some common sense and be reasonable.
>
> We do know how Keys-Gamarra would vote.
>
> And, as a PP said, she clearly stated that she was
> for the taxing authority and that she would favor
> changing school names. She specifically mentioned
> Stuart, Woodson, and Lee. But, now there are 31
> with Confederate ties--where would she stop?
>
> I cannot understand how a candidate can post a Dem
> pac fund link on her website when it is supposed
> to be a non-partisan election.
>
> Grisafe's page appears to be
> non-partisan--although he is endorsed by GOP.
>
> Also, she has an endorsement from her son on her
> facebook. Hope she doesn't get him in trouble--he
> is wearing his uniform. That's a big "no-no" in
> the military.

Interesting. Karen, et.al. must be reading this forum! Her son's video is gone this morning.

That's a good move.

Posted by: MISTAKEN ()
Date: August 25, 2017 07:49AM

video clip Wrote:
> one thing for sure Wrote:
> -----
> > I have no idea what kind of SB member Grisafe
> > would be. From what I heard, he seems to have
> > some common sense and be reasonable.
> >
> > We do know how Keys-Gamarra would vote.
> >
> > And, as a PP said, she clearly stated that she
> was
> > for the taxing authority and that she would
> favor
> > changing school names. She specifically
> mentioned
> > Stuart, Woodson, and Lee. But, now there are
> 31
> > with Confederate ties--where would she stop?
> >
> > I cannot understand how a candidate can post a
> Dem
> > pac fund link on her website when it is
> supposed
> > to be a non-partisan election.
> >
> > Grisafe's page appears to be
> > non-partisan--although he is endorsed by GOP.
> >
> > Also, she has an endorsement from her son on
> her
> > facebook. Hope she doesn't get him in
> trouble--he
> > is wearing his uniform. That's a big "no-no"
> in
> > the military.
>
> Interesting. Karen, et.al. must be reading this
> forum! Her son's video is gone this morning.
>
> That's a good move.

No. They are not reading. It's still there at the bottom.

Date: August 25, 2017 08:22AM

woodson, too Wrote:
> Inquisitive One Wrote:
> -----
> > There are certain realities that you must face
> as
> > a conservative in Fairfax County. The first
> > reality is that an extreme conservative is not
> > electable on a county-wide basis. When you
> examine
> > his issues Chris Grisafe is committed to zero
> > based budgeting and examining programs for
> > efficacy prior to continued funding. These are
> > two issues that will lead to inefficient and
> > bloated budgets because programs should not
> exist
> > just because they have existed in the past.
> These
> > are also issues closely associated with
> excessive
> > staffing and cronyism which is why the
> teacher's
> > union has endorsed Keys-Gamarra.
> >
> > There are also a number of certainties that you
> > are going to get with Keys-Gamarra which is
> > indicated by some of the other social media
> posts
> > during the past week or so. She is an
> opportunist
> > that is willing to say anything that is
> necessary
> > to get elected but will repay her campaign
> debts
> > with partisan SB votes supporting CASA and her
> > other clients. Here are the facts. She not
> only
> > supported the JEB Stuart name change but also
> > openly favors a name change for Lee High School.
>
> > She also supports the FCPS legislative agenda
> > which includes independent taxing authority
> (local
> > sales tax and internet), independence from BOS
> > budgetary oversight and freedom to impose taxes
> > without a public referendum. And YES, she did
> > openly state that she favored independent
> taxing
> > authority for the School Board.
> >
> > The bottom line is that there are many people
> that
> > would prefer a more conservative candidate for
> > the school board Chris Grisafe is a fiscal
> > conservative that will work well with the
> liberal
> > majority on the School Board and that is what
> is
> > needed for the School Board at this time. He
> has
> > also been endorsed by his predecessor Jeanette
> > Hough which also worked well with the rest of
> the
> > Board during her brief term as a School Board
> > Member.
>
> She has also openly stated that she supports
> changing the name of Woodson.
>
> I know that her supporters say that the almost
> $1million for changing the name of Stuart is just
> a "blip"--but how many blips can Fairfax County
> afford?
>
> And, by the way, the cost estimate leaves out the
> cost to families who must purchase new swag. I
> suspect that once the name is changed that the
> students will not be allowed to wear Stuart
> clothing.
>
> Also, if you listen to Keys-Gamarra, she said that
> in talking with the people at Stuart that all was
> harmonious with the name change--that there was no
> friction there. I don't think she watched the
> School Board meetings.

As some Stuart HS alumni pointed out, this process has been anything but harmonious and if she believes that it was, I really fear for what will evolve with the school board in the future. The school spirit wear issue may not be that big of a deal because the President of the Athletic Booster's Club stated in a letter to FCPS that it would be dissolved if they voted to change the name and the current President of the Club would not be involved in any future Booster organization.

Posted by: Stuart ()
Date: August 25, 2017 08:28AM

Also, in the expense--I wonder how many man hours of work will be spent in administration both at Stuart and at headquarters.

All the meetings are not free--especially, if staff members must attend. This is going to cost far more than the estimate. Not to mention the confusion with the red tape that goes with a school.

Posted by: gfYtfgb ()
Date: August 25, 2017 09:49AM

Stuart Wrote:
> Also, in the expense--I wonder how many man hours
> of work will be spent in administration both at
> Stuart and at headquarters.
>
> All the meetings are not free--especially, if
> staff members must attend. This is going to cost
> far more than the estimate. Not to mention the
> confusion with the red tape that goes with a
> school.

Of course it will cost more than the estimate.
They probably have quite an inventory of Stuart spirit wear and sport and Band uniforms. A lot of it could be snapped up as souveniers, but Band uniforms can cost $300 a child if not more. They are worn for several years, but when the replacement cycle comes due it is very expensive.

Date: August 25, 2017 11:34AM

gfYtfgb Wrote:
> Stuart Wrote:
> -----
> > Also, in the expense--I wonder how many man
> hours
> > of work will be spent in administration both at
> > Stuart and at headquarters.
> >
> > All the meetings are not free--especially, if
> > staff members must attend. This is going to
> cost
> > far more than the estimate. Not to mention
> the
> > confusion with the red tape that goes with a
> > school.
>
> Of course it will cost more than the estimate.
> They probably have quite an inventory of Stuart
> spirit wear and sport and Band uniforms. A lot of
> it could be snapped up as souveniers, but Band
> uniforms can cost $300 a child if not more. They
> are worn for several years, but when the
> replacement cycle comes due it is very expensive.

One of the lesser known things about this whole process is that these costs are not included in the cost of the name change. The school system provides the stadium, coaching, overhead and that sort of thing. However, the Athletic Boosters normally provide the funds for uniforms. Since this name change process was particularly unpopular with the Athletic Boosters types it is uncertain if a new Boosters will be formed (Stuart Boosters to be disbanded) and if it is how effective it will be with the deeply divided alumni base. In any event, fund raising for the '17 year will be unproductive because there will be no spirit wear sold at regular price and most of the Booster Club is extremely demoralized.

Posted by: juntk ()
Date: August 25, 2017 11:38AM

He's got our votes.

Enough with the tranny nonsense.

Posted by: Answer13 ()
Date: August 25, 2017 01:08PM

She is on record favoring changing the names of Woodson & Lee High Schools and of a separate taxing authority for the School Board. In response to a comment by Grisafe about her positions, she denied taking them & referred to fake news. Go to Blue Virginia & you can see for yourself.

Date: August 25, 2017 01:23PM

You are talking to yourselves and telling each other what you want to hear. You are not translating this into something that is likely to sell with the broader electorate that does not necessarily share your views. This is part of the failing of the GOP-Grisafe candidacy. You are not just going up against a group within the liberals who have a specific social engineering agenda and are as committed as you are. You are also going up against the school system status quo. There are more of them than there are of you, so they don't have to match your turnout numbers to beat you. Keys-Gamara is betting on this.

The key to victory for an opposition candidate isn't to appeal to the conservative base. It is to appeal to moderates and liberals who are dissatisfied with the way the school system is run-People who are tired of spending more money each year on a school system that they feel is producing poorer results. Of the four candidates Grisafe and Owens are the two candidates who are philosophically best able to make this move. Neither has done a good job of getting out the word to these voters on how they would turn things around.

Here is the reality. I have gotten no phone calls from the Grisafe campaign. I have gotten no mailings. Nobody from his campaign has come to my house, or has been at locations where you would usually find people campaigning. I have not seen any campaign posters for him in conservative friends' yards. Virtually everything I know about him I have learned because I actively sought out the information. Maybe it is because I generally skew liberal-Democratic. However the same thing is being said by moderates and reliable republican voters I know.

Date: August 25, 2017 02:02PM

I am not familiar with the mechanics of a local election for 3/4 million voters but I do not believe that Grisafe's finances would support a general mailing to county voters. The only thing that I have not seen are yard posters of which may be due to the size of Fairfax County and pockets of popularity are generally located the area where he ran in a Supervisor's race a while ago. He is appearing on radio and is running ads on radio which seems to have started running on Thursday evening or Friday morning. Also, the Keys-Gamarra financial advantage is almost gone unless there is an additional infusion of cash from CASA or the Democrat Party. I am not going to be negative or critical of his strategy until I see the entire campaign of which seems to be unfolding in the closing days of the shortened campaign.

Posted by: I agree ()
Date: August 25, 2017 05:49PM

I agree with the poster. I wish I had seen more mailings or presence on this.

Keys-Gamarra is jumping on the anti-Trump train. She even says on her website that she is running against the policies of Trump and Devos. No question she is capitalizing on the "resistnace" movement.

Bottom line: Do people want more common sense in FCPS schools or do they want their money going to change social issues. I suspect that the Dems will come out in force--they do have more money.

And, let's face it, most people have never heard of Fairfaxunderground.......

Posted by: @__@ ()
Date: August 25, 2017 08:40PM

@__@

Posted by: truthmeister ()
Date: August 25, 2017 08:53PM

Grisafe HAS TO WIN! Wrote:
> If the liberals win and beat Chris Grisafe, well,
> pack up and leave Fairfax County, because the
> whole place is going to go to hell with them in
> charge!

The liberals had a 9-3 majority on the School Board before Hough left. Whether it's 10-2 or 9-3 again in a few days is of no great consequences. The supporters of this little toad might as well stay home.

Posted by: Voting is important! ()
Date: August 25, 2017 09:27PM

truthmeister Wrote:
> Grisafe HAS TO WIN! Wrote:
> -----
> > If the liberals win and beat Chris Grisafe,
> well,
> > pack up and leave Fairfax County, because the
> > whole place is going to go to hell with them in
> > charge!
>
> The liberals had a 9-3 majority on the School
> Board before Hough left. Whether it's 10-2 or 9-3
> again in a few days is of no great consequences.
> The supporters of this little toad might as well
> stay home.

Not really...but nice try. Apparently you weren't at the last meeting. Had Jeanette Hough been there we would have had a 6-6 vote on the first issue. There are actually some on the board that care about the heart of the issue, and fairness...not just politics.

VOTE Grisafe to keep some balance!

Posted by: Just wondering ()
Date: August 25, 2017 09:35PM

Chris has reached a lot of communities but Fairfax County is pretty large...any communities in particular people can suggest? It may be late but worth a try to keep this board in perspective.

Posted by: 75646656388 ()
Date: August 26, 2017 07:05PM

!

Posted by: VotePeople ()
Date: August 27, 2017 03:40PM

Keys-Gamara talking out of both sides of her mouth - these are FACTS:

http://classsizecounts.com/?page_id=26

This shows how she told the Class Size Counts group what they wanted to hear, and then turned around and made no mention of class size to the press?

why are people focused on bathrooms, school names? we have WAY bigger issues to worry about - pensions, budget and class size to name a few...

Posted by: 736);& ()
Date: August 27, 2017 05:05PM

VOTE FOR GRISAFE.

Date: August 27, 2017 06:07PM

VotePeople Wrote:
> Keys-Gamara talking out of both sides of her mouth
> - these are FACTS:
>
> http://classsizecounts.com/?page_id=26
>
> This shows how she told the Class Size Counts
> group what they wanted to hear, and then turned
> around and made no mention of class size to the
> press?
>
> why are people focused on bathrooms, school names?
> we have WAY bigger issues to worry about -
> pensions, budget and class size to name a few...

Diversity
Diversity
Diversity
Nothing else matters.

Posted by: YOU FORGOT ()
Date: August 27, 2017 06:20PM

Inquisitive One Wrote:
> VotePeople Wrote:
> -----
> > Keys-Gamara talking out of both sides of her
> mouth
> > - these are FACTS:
> >
> > http://classsizecounts.com/?page_id=26
> >
> > This shows how she told the Class Size Counts
> > group what they wanted to hear, and then turned
> > around and made no mention of class size to the
> > press?
> >
> > why are people focused on bathrooms, school
> names?
> > we have WAY bigger issues to worry about -
> > pensions, budget and class size to name a
> few...
>
> Diversity
> Diversity
> Diversity
> Nothing else matters.

You forgot bathrooms........

Posted by: Teacher1763849 ()
Date: August 27, 2017 06:39PM

Noooooooo. Do not vote for him, he is a looney toon.

Posted by: 74645377 ()
Date: August 27, 2017 08:51PM

Inquisitive One Wrote:
> VotePeople Wrote:
> -----
> > Keys-Gamara talking out of both sides of her
> mouth
> > - these are FACTS:
> >
> > http://classsizecounts.com/?page_id=26
> >
> > This shows how she told the Class Size Counts
> > group what they wanted to hear, and then turned
> > around and made no mention of class size to the
> > press?
> >
> > why are people focused on bathrooms, school
> names?
> > we have WAY bigger issues to worry about -
> > pensions, budget and class size to name a
> few...
>
> Diversity
> Diversity
> Diversity
> Nothing else matters.

We are sick of being diversified. That is what has gotten us into this mess. Vote for Grisafe.

Posted by: MyName ()
Date: August 27, 2017 09:00PM

Grisafe HAS TO WIN! Wrote:
> If the liberals win and beat Chris Grisafe, well,
> pack up and leave Fairfax County, because the
> whole place is going to go to hell with them in
> charge!

The liberals will win because they cheat. Start packing.

Posted by: Manny51 ()
Date: August 28, 2017 05:11PM

More than half of Fairfax County’s budget every year goes to the public schools, and the current School Board wants more money and less accountability.

The Democrat-controlled School Board is more concerned with advancing its ideological agenda than with educating children. 

Date: August 28, 2017 05:58PM

And they are elected by a small portion of the Fairfax County electorate. If you don't like the current board, then pick good candidates, run good campaigns and show up on election day and vote. I guarantee you that whoever wins tomorrow the margin of victory will be less than the number of people from the runner up's party who couldn't be bothered to make it to the polling place.

Posted by: Karen the liar ()
Date: August 29, 2017 07:36AM

She calls a position she had "fake news", she's a liar.

Posted by: Sam Mann ()
Date: August 29, 2017 08:25AM

does anyone know Wrote:
> I looked at the video on Keys-Gamarra website of
> the forum last night.
>
> What did Grisafe say that triggered her response
> to him? She said something like he could not put
> words in her mouth and something about "fake
> news."
>
> However, I could not find what he said that
> triggered that. Somehow, that was left off the
> video--or, at least, I couldn't find it. Does
> anyone know what he said that was so offensive?
>
> She also said about raising taxes or something
> that she did not have a policy on that--yet, in
> one interview she said that she was in favor of
> the School Board having taxing authority. I read
> that, it was not "fake news."

I found one of her flyers in my door. All I needed to know was she is in favor of a taxing authority. Another way to pick my pocket for liberal causes.

Posted by: Vote TODAY ()
Date: August 29, 2017 10:25AM

Tired of someone with a vagina, breasts, and ovaries wanting to use the boys bathroom while your son is at the urinal?

Vote for Grisafe today.

Posted by: PLEASE VOTE TODAY ()
Date: August 29, 2017 12:21PM

woodson, too Wrote:
> Also, if you listen to Keys-Gamarra, she said that
> in talking with the people at Stuart that all was
> harmonious with the name change--that there was no
> friction there. I don't think she watched the
> School Board meetings.

Well one thing for sure, she is out of touch. The issue has torn the alumni, present students and neighborhood apart. I had Stuart students at my door selling discount cards for a fundraiser last week, three as a matter of fact.

2 were Hispanic one appeared Indian. I asked them what's happening with the name change (I already knew.) Their comment was they didn't want it, didn't see the need to waste that money and they talked glowingly about their fellow classmates, they all respect each other. That's how they saw it.... Their plan was when school started they actually thought they would be able to take another vote and end this mess...little do they know it's been a done deal for two years.

I'm voting CHRIS

Posted by: Stella45 ()
Date: August 29, 2017 12:48PM

Done - I voted for Chris! No taxing authority for the School Board.

Posted by: n6dpy ()
Date: August 29, 2017 01:12PM

Voted for Chris too. Karen Keys-Gammerzero wants to have authority to collect taxes for whatever she decides to spend it on. She's a lunatic.

Posted by: votedtoday ()
Date: August 29, 2017 02:22PM

For the record, I did get robocalls for Grisafe and a flyer stuck in my door. Not much else but it was something.

When I voted this morning I was told I was the 10th person to appear at the precinct. Bill N's point made.

Posted by: Go Chris ()
Date: August 29, 2017 02:49PM

Yes please DO vote for Chris.
We need to restore some sanity or basic normalcy to the school board.

Date: August 29, 2017 02:58PM

votedtoday Wrote:
> For the record, I did get robocalls for Grisafe
> and a flyer stuck in my door. Not much else but
> it was something.
>
> When I voted this morning I was told I was the
> 10th person to appear at the precinct. Bill N's
> point made.

Thank you for voting!

Posted by: Vote for Chris Grisafe! ()
Date: August 29, 2017 04:26PM

Vote for Chris Grisafe!

He needs your vote, today!

Date: August 29, 2017 04:31PM

Wow! It is projected that the possible turnout for the School Board Election may be as low as 3 percent or a total of 25-30000 votes in a County that has 675,000 voters. This means that a hand full of votes may very well determine the outcome of this election. There is about 2-1/2 hours until the polls close at 7:00 PM. Make a difference. Go out and vote and make sure that you vote for Chris Grisafe!!!!!!!

Posted by: VOTE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! ()
Date: August 29, 2017 04:47PM

Tired of a confused guy with a penis thinking he has the right to wander around the girl's locker room and the School Board backing him up and telling you that you are "insensitive"?

VOTE for Grisafe.

Posted by: BUMP again ()
Date: August 29, 2017 07:48PM

BUMP

Posted by: Grisafe Lost Bigly ()
Date: August 29, 2017 09:57PM

L
O
S
E
R

L
O
L

G
T
F
O
H

Posted by: Chris Grisafe lost BIGLY! ()
Date: August 29, 2017 10:14PM

We, as a party, got our ass whipped, BIGLY, today!
Attachments:
grisafe2.jpg

Posted by: MadanFar ()
Date: August 30, 2017 01:28PM

Chris Grisafe was up against the false attacks from the Fairfax Democrats calling him a white supremacist.

https://fairfaxfreecitizen.com/2017/06/01/chris-crusade-announces-run-vacant-fx-county-school-board-seat/

Posted by: Derpers gonna derp ()
Date: August 30, 2017 03:44PM

MadanFar Wrote:
> Chris Grisafe was up against the false attacks
> from the Fairfax Democrats calling him a white
> supremacist.
>
>
> https://fairfaxfreecitizen.com/2017/06/01/chris-cr
> usade-announces-run-vacant-fx-county-school-board-
> seat/

Yeah, it was definitely false white supremacists attacks that screwed him.
Everybody at the polls was talking about it.
Attachments:
hysterical-laughing-gif-09.gif

Posted by: dontcareaboutitanymore ()
Date: August 30, 2017 08:09PM

Across the nation unemployment is going down and new jobs are being created. Trump is not being controlled by special interest groups which is why the Media attacks.

In Fairfax County, there are two high schools with Confederate names: J.E.B. Stuart, which is being renamed, and Robert E. Lee, which the Democrat in this race wants to rename. Additionally, there have been proposals to rename a third school, W.T. Woodson High School, due to the fact that its namesake disagreed with racial integration. Aside from the fact that renaming these schools is expensive, which is the traditional moderate argument against renaming, the historical vandalism signified by this effort is part of a larger war on traditional American culture begun by the Left.

The two main candidates in this race are Democrat Karen Keys-Gamarra and Republican Chris Grisafe. There is also a third candidate claiming to be independent and nonpartisan; however her policies are very similar to Gamarra's. But they attacked Grisafe very badly on false claims.

Karen Keys-Gamarra is a radical, anti-white leftist.

At a debate among the candidates held on August 23, Keys-Gamarra proposed "diversification" of the teacher workforce through discrimination against white applicants, and promised to spend more money in areas of the county with more "minorities" - also a form of anti-white discrimination. Keys-Gamarra also promised to remove all Confederate names from schools and to keep in place the transgender policy which teaches about "gender identity" in the curriculum as well as allows access to private facilities based on "gender identity" instead of biological sex.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.