HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Permanent License Plate Readers On I-66 Lead To Arrest
Posted by: Good Guys Win ()
Date: August 22, 2017 03:47PM

Fair Oaks Police District – An attempted homicide suspect is behind bars today, thanks in part to the highly disputed License Plate Reader program. 29-year-old Robert David Sheets, of Quarryville, Pennsylvania, was wanted in connection with an attempted homicide on August 14, in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.

Early Sunday morning Sheets was driving west on Interstate 66, in a 2007 Ford Edge, when he passed a plate reader. The reader notified area officers that Sheets had ties to the vehicle, and he was wanted in connection with two counts of attempted homicide.

Officers from our Fair Oaks and Sully stations were able to get behind the vehicle near the Fairfax County Parkway and Interstate 66. A short time later the officers tried to stop the SUV, but Sheets failed to pull over, and accelerated to over 100 miles per hour. The pursuit lasted about 38 miles, and traveled through Prince William County and into Fauquier County where Sheets got off the highway.

A Fairfax County Officer was able to successfully use the Precision Immobilization Technique (P.I.T.) and stop the vehicle in the area of Route 17 and Route 50. Sheets was challenged at gunpoint by the officers, and surrendered. He was taken into custody and moved to the Fauquier County Adult Detention Center where he was held as a fugitive from justice.

Warrants have been filed for Sheets in Fairfax County for felony speed to elude, reckless driving, and possession and transport of firearms while under a protective order.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Permanent License Plate Readers On I-66 Lead To Arrest
Posted by: I've seent em ()
Date: August 22, 2017 03:59PM

They aren't exactly subtly placed, saw them the last time I had to take 66. Cant argue with the results I suppose, but they do give off a really Orwellian, 1984 vibe.

Posted by: Murderer. ()
Date: August 22, 2017 05:48PM

I have a fleet of 15 late model Honda Accords and Toyota Camrys. Most of them beige or silver. They are all equipped with a motorized sliding shield that obfuscates the license plate at the push of a discreetly hidden button. I'm all set when I got to get to my killings...

Posted by: "Grab that cash with both hands" ()
Date: August 22, 2017 05:55PM

In Philly the trash trucks and street sweepers are equipped with tag readers.

Posted by: haha yeah ()
Date: August 22, 2017 10:41PM

Haha yeah

In philly, the hookers are equipped with license plate readers!

Posted by: the pwner ()
Date: August 23, 2017 12:53AM

Pussy cops

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.