HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fire & rescue activity in Springfield?
Posted by: Navihawk ()
Date: August 16, 2017 09:40PM

Anyone know what was happening this evening (Wed 8/16) around the 7-11/Einstein Bros/gas station at Rolling Road and Old Keene Mill Road in Springfield this evening? We drove by and saw a LOT of fire & rescue vehicles, but no smoke (which seems like it wasn't a fire); we didn't stop to find out what was going on. I looked online for some kind of report or something, but couldn't find any info.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fire & rescue activity in Springfield?
Posted by: Know Everything ()
Date: August 16, 2017 09:48PM

I saw where the Carpet Store was on fire but that is was able to be contained and extinguished quite rapidly.

Posted by: Navihawk ()
Date: August 16, 2017 09:53PM

Appreciate the reply... I suppose that was it, but if it was extinguished quickly, there seemed to be far too many vehicles for something like that. And there were a couple of fire engines IN the 7-11 parking lot right off of OKM (so it looked like nobody would have been able to turn off OKM into the 7-11); why would they be way out there for the carpet store further back? And we could see rescue vehicles around the gas station off of Rolling also.

Posted by: Lake.Royal ()
Date: August 16, 2017 10:04PM

A local contractor has been hiring illegals and then murdering them at the end of the job to avoid paying them. FCFD found bodies dumped near the site of this fire and believe there's a connection.

Posted by: Don't Know Everything ()
Date: August 16, 2017 10:33PM

I'm not sure? I drove by all of the equipment there as well and I agree, there was ALOT. My thought was that the fire was in close proximity to the gas stations therefore maybe a potential for explosion(s). I just read about the fire on FB. It wasn't definitive / factual news. I suppose we will find out tomorrow, or on the 11:00 news this evening.

Posted by: lbss82bruin ()
Date: August 18, 2017 01:15PM

It did go to three alarms

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.