HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Buying a scanner to listen to Fairfax PD & FD
Posted by: scnr ()
Date: October 29, 2009 05:50PM

What scanner can I buy that would allow me to listen to the Fairfax police and fire & rescue? Would something like this work? http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3070525

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buying a scanner to listen to Fairfax PD & FD
Posted by: ra1n ()
Date: October 29, 2009 06:03PM

Not sure about a real scanner but you can listen online here:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=1620

Also if you have an iphone you can listen anywhere with several apps. I use "Police Radio"

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: October 29, 2009 07:34PM

Get a Pro-106, or the GSR Version which is the GSR-500.

I was originally given a Pro-164 Trunking Scanner last Christmas, but most of the Agencies around here use Digital transmissions however, so I waited forever before I finally found a deal on the Pro-106 that corresponded with it being in stock. Normally it retails for $500, but I caught it on sale this past Summer, and combined with a Sprint discount, I bought it for around $350. Be sure to purchase a case for it as well (I bought a Portable DVD Player leather case, and I put all of the equipment in it, along with the Scanner itself), the Scanner Computer Chord/Software, Download Win500 to program it (It even records), and register for a paid Account on RadioReference.com so that you can download and upload Trunking Systems to the Scanner from your computer. You might also want to buy a Mono-Stereo Converter for the Headphone jack, as it allows for you to record and listen to transmissions in Stereo.

The Pro-106 is the Radio Shack brand name version of the GSR-500, and it usually sells for a discount (Which I've never found in regards to the GSR-500).

If you have to wait a while for a deal and finding it in stock at the same time, don't worry, because it's worth the savings.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Posted by: Another Option ()
Date: October 29, 2009 07:37PM

Take that same money you would spend on a scanner and go buy yourself a life. Tool.

Date: October 29, 2009 08:15PM

Another Option Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Take that same money you would spend on a scanner
> and go buy yourself a life. Tool.

Yeah, because a life consists of posting through an unregistered name on FU, and calling people "Tools". That's probably your greatest accomplishment in life so far.

Posted by: eric56798 ()
Date: October 29, 2009 10:51PM

dude,

i wouldnt bother even getting a scanner for fairfax county. both fairfax county police and fire use mobile data terminals (computers in vehicles). so while you may hear address/intersections and the very general nature of the call you wont get any details....all the details, especially the good details normally only go out on the computer.....

Posted by: RayJay ()
Date: October 29, 2009 11:24PM

How about Gloryholes, are there any good quality FREE gloryholes here in Fairfax?

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: October 30, 2009 01:55AM

You can download a program called "Teamspeak" and listen to Fairfax County police and fire online.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/wiki/Scanner

What the fuck is up with this rayjay loser?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The function of conservatives is not to meet every liberal program or scheme with a denunciation or a destructive counterscheme, but rather to weigh its advantages and defects, supporting the first and challenging the second. A declaration of ideological warfare against liberalism is by its nature profoundly unconservative. It meets perceived radicalism with a counterradicalism of its own.

Date: October 30, 2009 04:16AM

Yes because speling is a majer key point her! Shore woulda lovt 2 hav datt numbre thoe. May bee nexd timuh

Date: October 30, 2009 04:18AM

Did the sine actually reed "TUTURING" ???

Date: October 30, 2009 04:18AM

I wasn't joking about the "1 on 1 tuturing" sign.

The function of conservatives is not to meet every liberal program or scheme with a denunciation or a destructive counterscheme, but rather to weigh its advantages and defects, supporting the first and challenging the second. A declaration of ideological warfare against liberalism is by its nature profoundly unconservative. It meets perceived radicalism with a counterradicalism of its own.

Date: October 30, 2009 04:30AM

See, there you go again.

You have some fixation with gloryholes.

Why is that? You should address this, before it becomes a lifelong obsession.

As far as the "tutur", I thought about calling the cops, because I'm sure whoever is putting those signs up is bound to become a member of the sex offender's list, but I'm not sure how the cops would care about someone calling them to report a sign stuck in the dirt at an intersection.

Posted by: Another Option ()
Date: October 30, 2009 02:34PM

Date: October 29, 2009 08:15PM

Yeah, because a life consists of posting through an unregistered name on FU, and calling people "Tools". That's probably your greatest accomplishment in life so far.

You're so right. Life actually consists of registering my name on a collection of mommy's basement dwelling pizza roll eating dipshits like you Fudge Pack Leader. Thanks for the lesson in coolness-Go put your aluminum foil helmet back on.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: October 30, 2009 02:40PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.