HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Warning: Expect hellish wait for H1N1 vax
Posted by: Bea ()
Date: October 28, 2009 04:12PM

Today, my husband took my 3 1/2 year old and 5 year old to the Joseph Willard health dept location for H1N1 vaccine. They were gone for 5 hours. It was an agonizing wait, and it turns out that it there were only 2 volunteer nurses staffing the clinic. I'm stunned that a "pandemic" and "national emergency" wouldn't prompt Fairfax County to provide more staff (paid and volunteer) to deliver what little vaccine there is. Maybe some health proffesionals can weigh in...seems like 250 people in 5 hours is not an impressive turnover rate in light of H1N1's pandemic status.

And for all of you getting ready to hit the reply button and yell at me for "poisoning" my kids, save it. I've kept my family on echinacea, Vit C, elderberry extract,and overall good nutrition/good sleep for weeks. My middle child was diagnosed with strep on Sunday. We were told that my oldest has H1N1 on Monday. I was dianosed with presumed H1N1 (no swab done) yesterday. I have never felt sicker in my life and can easily see how people can quickly go downhill on this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Warning: Expect hellish wait for H1N1 vax
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 28, 2009 04:15PM

well, we'll all pray you die of H1N1 soon, so your suffering (and ours) can end.

Posted by: Fairfax22032 ()
Date: October 28, 2009 04:21PM

Public health nurses are in short supply and Fairfax County supplements this capacity with a volunteer organization called the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC). The MRC was mobilized last weekend for the immunization clinic at the FXCO Government Center and provided a majority of the staffing. As you might imagine most of the MRC volunteers (myself included) have full-time jobs which make it difficult to support these short notice, ad hoc dispensing sites.

I am not making an excuse for the process, but I think that your comments are a bit unfair. The MRC is always looking for more help and you do not need to be a health care provider in order to have a role.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: October 28, 2009 04:24PM

I'm sure you and your family will live, even if you didn't get the vaccine. If you've never felt sicker in your life you've had an easy life.

National emergency pandemic my ass. It's your panic and the panic of others that caused the wait.

Posted by: J-Dawg ()
Date: October 28, 2009 04:25PM

OMG WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: CD ()
Date: October 28, 2009 04:36PM

Expect more of this type of treatment should the government "run" our healthcare. In DC they were able to vaccinate Malia and Sasha Obama last week. Here in Fairfax you had to be under 24 mos Saturday or pregnant, yesterday they started under 5 year olds. As a physician I have been unable to get myself vaccinated. I guess Malia and Sasha will be able to take care of me when I fall sick, and all of my patients. This is an example of the elitism we will get with socialized medicine.

Posted by: Bea ()
Date: October 28, 2009 04:40PM

To the public health nurse - To be clear, I'm not blaming nurses. I'm frustrated that Fairfax County can't allocate more resources for mass vax if they are going to tell us it's a pandemic/national emergency and that it's the responsible thing to do. If this is such a big deal, why are we relying solely on a very helpful, yet totally volunteer corps? Where are paid staff? Has Fairfax County shifted any public health priorities given the presence of H1N1 this season, and if so, how come that doesn't translate into 2 paid nurses + 2 volunteer nurses at the health department to administer vaccine?

To the rest of you assholes, I ask you to do one thing. The next time you go to the grocery store, I want to you turn to the next person in line and tell them that you wish they would die. Just pick a random stranger, and let loose. Really. Go ahead. Let's see if you've got the same big balls in person as you do behind the keyboard. Let me know how that works out for you.

Sheesh. I don't know why I come here. So infested with undersexed neanderthals.

Date: October 28, 2009 04:44PM

The way H1N1 is spreading, it is going to be moot in a couple of weeks, anyway. It is already sweeping through NoVA schools. Fortunately, so far most of the cases appear to resemble a typical flu reaction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: October 28, 2009 04:47PM

Bea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> To the rest of you assholes, I ask you to do one
> thing. The next time you go to the grocery store,
> I want to you turn to the next person in line and
> tell them that you wish they would die. Just pick
> a random stranger, and let loose. Really. Go
> ahead. Let's see if you've got the same big balls
> in person as you do behind the keyboard. Let me
> know how that works out for you.
>
> Sheesh. I don't know why I come here. So
> infested with undersexed neanderthals.

Just to set the record straight... only one person, that's 1 person said they wished you would die, and it was a joke. I said I'm sure you and your family will live, even without the vaccine. ;-)

J-Dawg sarcastically stated that we are ALL going to die. It was funny.

I see no reason to start calling everyone names.

Date: October 28, 2009 04:48PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> The way H1N1 is spreading, it is going to be moot
> in a couple of weeks, anyway. It is already
> sweeping through NoVA schools. Fortunately, so far
> most of the cases appear to resemble a typical flu
> reaction.

Word.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: October 28, 2009 04:56PM

I still haven't gotten over my avian flu SARS.

Posted by: Consperacy ()
Date: October 28, 2009 05:04PM

H1N1 is a clever flu. It has taked over and is the as hosts all media and health professional personel. Once the media are infect they broadcast stories about people needing to get flu shots. It is at this point the health professionals (also h1n1 hosts) take over and infect the population directly with H1N1 shots.

Posted by: Witchy brew ()
Date: October 28, 2009 05:09PM

Bea Wrote:
> And for all of you getting ready to hit the reply
> button and yell at me for "poisoning" my kids,
> save it. I've kept my family on echinacea, Vit C,
> elderberry extract,and overall good nutrition/good
> sleep for weeks.

I hear that the fork tongue of a horny toad and the beek of red breasted sill sucker also work well.

Posted by: bs ()
Date: October 30, 2009 09:36AM

h1n1 is a crock of shit. I've heard stories of people going in with a high temperature and the doctors just "assuming" that it's h1n1 and not even testing for it.

BECAUSE IT's BS

Posted by: plus ça change ()
Date: July 27, 2020 06:07PM

bs Wrote:
> h1n1 is a crock of shit. I've heard stories of
> people going in with a high temperature and the
> doctors just "assuming" that it's h1n1 and not
> even testing for it.
>
> BECAUSE IT's BS

Sounds familiar

Posted by: Dumb Dem ()
Date: July 27, 2020 06:20PM

You have to search back ELEVEN years to find something that even remotely agrees with your delusions????

What a fucking loser.

Posted by: info desk ()
Date: July 27, 2020 07:26PM

I'm waiting for COVID-20 to get sick and die.

COVID -20 is scheduled to hit the U.S. Feburary 2021 if Trump wins re-election, otherwise if Biden wins the COVID Hoax will die November 4th

Posted by: mmmmahhhhhhhdiiiiii ()
Date: July 27, 2020 08:35PM

pretty much

Posted by: Antivax ()
Date: July 27, 2020 08:49PM

Didn't trust it then, won't trust it now. With the new nano tech who knows what kind of tracking and control devices the gov will be injecting into all of those saps.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.