HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Video - FCPD on CBS This Morning - Speeding in Fairfax County
Posted by: Mr Gruf N suff ()
Date: July 27, 2017 03:57PM

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ntsb-speeding-cameras-deadly-crashes-washington/

The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) says that needs to change.

Fairfax County Virginia Police Captain Michael Grinnan has spent 24 years on patrol, and he tells CBS News correspondent Kris Van Cleave that speeders are a daily part of life.

He says the department has found that on average, drivers are going seven or eight miles over the speed limit. But the faster a car goes, the longer it takes to stop

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Video - FCPD on CBS This Morning - Speeding in Fairfax County
Posted by: too slow already ()
Date: July 27, 2017 04:26PM

Most states are moving to 80 mph+ speed limits, meanwhile it's a class 1 misdemeanor in VA.

Posted by: Right speed wrong penalty ()
Date: July 27, 2017 07:46PM

At 4:00 a.m. I can safely drive 80 mph on the Beltway and not put anyone in danger. Try that same thing at 3:00 p.m. and I'd have to weave through traffic causing others to slam on their brakes and make sudden lane changes. Not safe. For too much of the day 80 mph is simply too fast for the volume of traffic we have in NoVa. It isn't unreasonable to expect drivers to keep their speed under 80 mph. It is a bit much to hit them with a class 1 misdemeanor when all they do is drive over 80 mph on a clear highway.

Posted by: vjkvn ()
Date: July 27, 2017 08:58PM

#1 public safety cameras, are not the same as "ticket cameras"

different cost, different use, different "who can publish the footage at what resolutions for what reason(s)" (for false tickets? to find a burglar, to show a building on fire to the FCFD online)

people have the right not to be spied upon and stalked everywhere they go: especially where large gov $$$$ contracts are being paid out to political friends to run these kinds of "systems"

-----------------------

they are hiring illegals and also practically minotrs to drive the trucks to save cost

don't cry for them when they jacknife - VA began running ads of married white truckers being forced into tent camps because they couldn't find work

don't shed a tear over it, and NTSB is WRONG

Posted by: vewxu ()
Date: July 27, 2017 09:00PM

VA began running ads of married white truckers being forced into tent camps. it was aired on TV.

shortly after the democrat take-over, where previously democrats had been airing news of illegal tent camps

Posted by: Where's Fox News? ()
Date: July 27, 2017 09:19PM

Where's Fox News? I only trust Foxie!

Posted by: Parkway.Bullet ()
Date: July 27, 2017 09:57PM

I'll tell you what's a rush...the Fairfax County Parkway at 3am on a weekday night. A couple of weeks ago I peaked out at 130. I wired up a visual shield for my license plates and my car is flat black. I've had a few police light up and try to chase me but, there are so many dark turnoffs they just give up.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.