HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why doesn't the phrase, "Tell 'em Lurch Papa sent you!" mean anything?
Posted by: Nova.Consumer ()
Date: July 26, 2017 11:57AM

So, I was in the market for a new car...I was listening to the Junkies and Bish did a spot for a Honda dealership. At the end, he said, "Tell 'em Lurch Papa sent you!"

So, I did some research, picked out a car and went in for a test drive at the dealership Jason repped. I liked the car. So, we started talking numbers and after grinding on the guy and his unseen boss for an hour we got the price to their best offer. Then I remembered the tag line from the Junkies ad and I said to the salesman, "The Lurch Papa sent me!". He had no idea who I was referring to...so after establishing that was their best price I got up to leave.

Suddenly, the heretofore unseen boss materialized...I kept walking, he kept talking. He insisted the last price given was his best price. I just shrugged and said, "Yeah...I got that. But, you don't know who the Lurch Papa is and I think that's shady..." Mind you, I didn't expect a further discount but, I thought some, "Oh! Those silly Junkies, eh sahib? They are a coupla' hurrr-ting Rickies!"...was in order.

A week later I bought the same car for $1,000 less from another dealership. Since there was no need for a test drive, I didn't even have to leave the house. Delivery to my driveway was included. Payment and paperwork was handled electronically, the delivery driver had me sign and then handed me the keys...done.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.