HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Prison can be dangerous . . .
Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: October 27, 2009 06:42PM

Even when it is closed.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2009/102709abducmalwoundlorton.htm

Abduction/Malicious Wounding

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release: 09/299/0145/drg(7)
October 27, 2009

Abduction/Malicious Wounding in Lorton
West Springfield Police District – Police have charged a 40-year-old man with the abduction and malicious wounding as the result of an incident that took place on a path near Furnace Road and Lorton Road on Monday, October 26 shortly after 11 a.m. A 52-year-old woman was walking on a trail on the grounds behind the former Lorton Prison, now owned by Fairfax County. A man approached her from behind, forced her to the ground and then punched her numerous times in the head and face. The victim struggled and eventually fended off her attacker. She sustained non life-threatening injuries.

The subsequent investigation led to the identification and arrest of Milan Boda, of 8238 Burning Forest Court in Springfield. He was transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center and charged with abduction and malicious wounding.

Detectives would like to hear from anyone who might have witnessed this attack, or from anyone who might have been the victim of a similar attack in the same area.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

Milan Boda

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Prison can be dangerous . . .
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: October 28, 2009 03:46AM

Even after the Prison's shut down, they still have inmates just itching to return to their old stomping grounds.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: October 28, 2009 06:11AM

I was driving through that area at that time - it was not me. But on Furnace Road near Rt 1 near the bridge and near Rt 1 were massive police cars - both state and county pulling over trucks for inspections.

Interesting while the police were pulling over trucks going to the dump, a violent crime was happening mere feet away.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 28, 2009 07:26AM

Radiophile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> near Rt 1 were massive police cars
> - both state and county pulling over trucks for
> inspections.

im assuming you mean a "massive" amount of police cars.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: October 28, 2009 03:22PM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Radiophile Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > near Rt 1 were massive police cars
> > - both state and county pulling over trucks for
> > inspections.
>
> im assuming you mean a "massive" amount of police
> cars.

Thank you for clarifying. And yes I should have had massive donuts delivered to them.

Posted by: LuLu ()
Date: October 28, 2009 05:17PM

That area is so sketchy and creepy, and I think it was the dumbest thing in the world to convert the prison into an arts center. One day in the early 90s I passed by there when it happened to be "visiting day." I can still see them so clearly out in that large, front yard visiting with their families in their faded blue uniforms. And they'd escape all the time!

Ladies, isn't it just common sense not to walk alone in isolated areas? Why not just paint a target on yourself next time.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: October 28, 2009 05:46PM

LuLu Wrote:
> And they'd escape all the time!

I know! It seemed like once a year someone was breaking out of that facility!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.