HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Now that Everclear can be sold in ABC stores
Posted by: Brandon83 ()
Date: July 09, 2017 05:57PM

Are they still requiring that stupid grain alcohol permit?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Now that Everclear can be sold in ABC stores
Posted by: Lefty Martinez ()
Date: July 09, 2017 07:31PM

I'm sitting here drinking a clear liquid and rubbing one out.

Posted by: Powerful Stuff ()
Date: July 09, 2017 09:36PM

Use to be able to buy in the VA ABC store no problems.

In college my fraternity had a "purple passion and t-shirt graffiti" party with a sorority. The brothers loaded the purple passion with Everclear. You couldn't taste any alcohol, sweet grape punch taste. I warned the girls that I liked in the sorority that the punch was loaded with grain.

Holy shit I was doing graffiti on tits, signing nipples, asses, bellies... the sorority chics were taking off clothing and dancing. It was a crazy sex orgy.

I chased down the girl I was after. Found her out in the bushes. She was laughing her ass off and couldn't get up. The Everclear is dangerous stuff because you don't the bite of the alcohol when mixed.

Posted by: Lodod ()
Date: July 09, 2017 09:39PM

Attachments:
purplerpassion.png

Posted by: Drunk one ()
Date: July 10, 2017 12:57AM

WTF is a grain alcohol permit? How the hell do you get one ?

Posted by: fracturedfairfax ()
Date: July 10, 2017 03:30AM

Drunk one Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WTF is a grain alcohol permit? How the hell do you
> get one ?

If you want to buy grain alcohol that's above 151 proof from an ABC store, you have to get a special permit.

The enabling legislation is in Virginia Code ยง 4.1-119., section E:
No Class 1 neutral grain spirit or alcohol, as defined by federal regulations, that is without distinctive character, aroma, taste or color shall be sold in government stores at a proof greater than 151 except upon permits issued by the Board for industrial, commercial, culinary, or medical use.
The regulation is fully spelled out in the Administrative Code, 3VAC5-70-200.

The enabling legislation is in effect until July 1, 2022, so you still need a permit to buy 190 proof Everclear in Virginia, but you can buy the 151 proof version without one.

You can find the application form here: https://www.abc.virginia.gov/library/licenses/pdfs/grain.pdf

Of course, you could just pick a bottle of 190 proof Everclear up from any well-stocked liquor store in D.C. (Supposedly, they also make a special 189 proof version you can buy in Maryland, because 190 proof Everclear has been illegal there since 2014.)

Absolutely Nothing You Need to Know About Fairfax County

Fractured Fairfax

https://www.fracturedfairfax.com
Unnatural Deaths in Fairfax County Map

Posted by: Chug-a-lug Muffakah ()
Date: July 10, 2017 05:57AM

Chug-a-lug Muffakah

Posted by: Ottis from Mayberry ()
Date: July 10, 2017 09:43AM

This sums it up - "alcohol that is without distinctive character, aroma, taste or color shall"

Grain is so pure you can add it to drinks and you barely taste it but it will get you drunk as shit REAL quick.

Most alcohol has some type of flavoring agent like peet in whiskey or berries in gin. Grain does not have any flavoring.

Chug grain and you could end up dead.

Posted by: 151 proof is for Bacardi ()
Date: July 10, 2017 09:48AM

The only reason to buy grain is to get close to moonshine.
If I'm looking for 151 proof, I'll just go buy some Bacardi!

Posted by: No Taste ()
Date: July 10, 2017 10:11AM

151 proof is for Bacardi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The only reason to buy grain is to get close to
> moonshine.
> If I'm looking for 151 proof, I'll just go buy
> some Bacardi!

Moonshine tastes awful as does 151. Everclear tastes more like water. Everclear is pure alcohol.

Posted by: ill have a beer ()
Date: July 10, 2017 10:34AM

that shit sounds so fucked up

Posted by: THE GREEN FAIRY ()
Date: July 10, 2017 12:24PM

Not hallicinatory, but heavy alcohol use in generation can cause "alcohol hallucinosis" . hearing voices primarily.

Some studies conflict, but see this:

absinthe -- the "green fairy" (45 to 74 percent ABV / 90 to 148 U.S. proof) I had heard somewhere that it used to be made damn near 200 proof!!

Absinthe is a herbal spirit, typically of green colour, and it contains the active agents of a herb called wormwood or vermouth (artemisia absinthium).

In a newspaper ad of 1769 the two Henriod sisters from Neuchatel, Switzerland, advertised their remedy "Bon Extrait d'Absinthe" which consisted of alcohol, wormwood, aniseed, lemon balm and other herbs. This formula was later distributed by a certain Dr. Ordinaire, and the success story of the "Green Fairy" was born. Around the year 1800 the formula was sold to Mr. H. L. Pernod of Pontarlier, France, where a minor production line was started and helped Pernod to gain a fame that lasted until our present time.

During the Algier War in the 19th century France made use of the inciting effects of Absinthe and provided the Soldiers with regular rations of the liquor. The veterans who had survived this war soon pushed the production output from 400 liters daily (appr. 90 gallons) to more than 20.000 liters (appr. 5.000 gallons) a day and more. Absinthe distilleries started to spread all over France like mushrooms.

However, artists and intellectuals of those times were the ones especially devoted to Absinthe. Many great works of contemporary art owe their existence to the inspiring effects of the spirit. Great names like Baudelaire, Manet, Verlaine, Rimbaud, Oscar Wilde, Degas, Toulouse-Lautrec, van Gogh, Gauguin and Picasso are found among these early adepts of Absinthe.

For different reasons around 1910 the total turnover of Absinthe distribution had reached immeasurable peaks. Many distilleries made use of low-grade alcohol which in some not too rare cases caused blindness among the consumers. These irresponsible dealings with the drink finally resulted in the prohibition of Absinthe in (almost) all countries of Europe by the year 1920.

Since in 1981 (and again in 1998) the European Community has returned to legalizing the production and distribution of Absinthe, the cult around this drink has experienced a true revival. Starting from London, Absinthe is about to conquer the club & party scene and leaves them all plunging back into the euphory of the 19th century.

Too much drinking of this over time can cause Alcohol Hallucinosis

NIH STUDY:

"Absinthe was a popular emerald green liqueur in the 19th and early 20th centuries. It was commonly imbibed by artists and writers including Vincent van Gogh, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, and Charles Baudelaire, often inducing fits and hallucinations and sometimes contributing to psychoses and suicides. Absinthe became an epidemic health problem and was banned in many countries early in the 20th century, but its use continues legally or illicitly even now. The toxic properties of absinthe are attributable to wormwood oil used in making the beverage. Wormwood oil is in itself a prevalent herbal medicine for treating loss of appetite, dyspeptic disorders, and liver and gallbladder complaints (8, 9).

Thujone generally is considered to be the principal active ingredient of wormwood oil and toxic principle in absinthe."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC18101/

THUJONE

Alcohol hallucinosis
"Alcoholic hallucinosis is a rare complication of chronic alcohol abuse characterized by predominantly auditory hallucinations that occur either during or after a period of heavy alcohol consumption. Bleuler (1916) termed the condition as alcohol hallucinosis and differentiated it from Delirium Tremens"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3830167/
Attachments:
Absinthe.jpg

Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: July 10, 2017 10:24PM

Permit just means more money to the state and they are watching you........

Posted by: Loled ()
Date: July 10, 2017 10:44PM

The Absinthe that ABC stores have is not true Absinthe. Real Absinthe has been banned.

Posted by: Back in the 80's ()
Date: July 10, 2017 11:08PM

When I was in highschool you could buy grain alcohol from ABC store in the 80's. They also sold a drink called Purple Passion which had grain alcohol,grape wine and grape juice and it tasted good. Got you drunk real quick. They banned because it was too dangerous. All it took was a couple cans.

Posted by: CatinBox ()
Date: March 26, 2022 05:20AM

When it comes to alcohol, I can say that I own one small bar, so alcohol is my job. I can say that when I opened my bar, I had many little difficulties, but my biggest problem was with obtaining a license for alcohol. In the end I found this service where I could purchase a license my sources. This is a great option if you have the same problem as me.

Posted by: DIE SPAMMER!!!!! ()
Date: October 12, 2022 10:16AM

Eat shit and die spammer

Attachments:
_steamy.gif

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.