HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
If SHTF in Fairfax County
Posted by: Springfield here ()
Date: July 07, 2017 09:57PM

How would you get out? The highways would descend into road warrior zombie mayhem. I'd hike Pohick Creek all the way to the State Park, pray and hope any small craft are left and just ride it out to the Chesapeake. Lot of beaches to hide/forage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: If SHTF in Fairfax County
Posted by: CYNVG ()
Date: July 07, 2017 09:59PM

Been thinking about building a spider hole for shtf

Posted by: Deplorable Diane ()
Date: July 07, 2017 10:10PM

Ya it occurred to me a while back it's nearly a lost cause and probably shelter in place is all we have left.

Have some "FEMA cookies" to give to those asking you for food. Never share what you have in your stash or they will kill you for it. Think of your survival supplies as "fight club"... 1) Rule don't talk about it. 2) Be prepared to defend it. 3) have a water filter that your can filter swamp water through literally.

This place is absolutely a fucked up place if you wanted to "bug out" that's why my main man hates this area. wants us gone.

Pray now we never need this. Makes me think of the movie "The Road". I'd rather shoot my child than have some freaks get ahold of um. SICK SICK movie of SHTF reality.

Posted by: Springfield here ()
Date: July 07, 2017 10:15PM

A spider hole is a good idea. Depending on what happens, yes shelter in place may be the only way to go.

Posted by: Sharoom Bullover ()
Date: July 07, 2017 10:15PM

We must plan ahead and make sure all our undocumented citizens and the LGBTQ residents are cared for and the transgender restrooms are still operational.
Be sure your food stash meets Michelle Obama's dietary recommendations.

Posted by: Sir Vye Woolest ()
Date: July 07, 2017 10:36PM

I have a micro submersible underwater in a large somewhat inaccessible lake.
I have rations stockpiled in an underwater cavern in sealed drums, all of which are in reach.
Additionally, I am loaded, reinforced and eagerly homicidal. I have stabilized vast amounts of fuel.
I would like to take a cum dumpster with me when it goes...

Posted by: Mind Boggling Ugly ()
Date: July 07, 2017 10:46PM

That's what it would be..We see people in Iraq . Afghanistan the middle east dealing with it with war everywhere..We are so lucky in America..And Those people are Way tougher then Libs in America..!

Libs would suffer the most..no soft toilet seats ..Granite Counter Tops..No Internet..Stupid Phone..Stupid Box to look at and push with their fingers..NO AC..No Food..No Water No Electricity NO Medicines..Doctors..and NO Guns..and who will help them outta a jam..?? In A Real Scare ?? Or Real SHTF..Cops will take care of their families..Every man for himself..All will be trying to bug out..to where?? As though others want them coming to take their food..water..gas..Yes a Very Ugly situation..Everywhere..!

SO LIBS need to Stop Hating American Conservatives..More then half of the American people and Start making it strong by defending The 2nd..and Our Military..and stop being so..God Dammed Weak and whining..bout Trump and Global Warming BS ..and Men being able to go into Girls Bathrooms..Killing Babies by Abortion..and all the other Stupid Shit Issues they Create ..!

DAJAX..With North Korea..SHTF can happen..Remember how WW1 started..and like a Fire Spread Otta Control..

Posted by: Biggest threat ()
Date: July 07, 2017 11:10PM

Detonating a nuclear device in the upper atomosphere to take out the grid.

Posted by: Unit 8 ()
Date: July 08, 2017 04:31AM

I have guns and lots of ammo. Will take everything from the beta-faggots and rape my way into the record books like Genghis Khan.

Target practice on Mexicans and demand niggers be scarficed in the name of Trump.

Posted by: Semper Paratus (Always Ready) ()
Date: July 10, 2017 12:48PM

Bug out plan MUST include non conventional evac methods. --

If flight must take westward route due to disturbance within DC, for example ..

Going on BIKe or foot may prove much faster than in a parking lot called Route 50 or Route 66.

A boat down the Potomac ... depending on threat, etc.

NON bug out, like spider hole seems good, but it will be tough without a network.
Pack is better than lone wolf.

- The Good people must communicate -- NOW IS THE TIME to know your neighbor.

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."
Edmund Burke

Posted by: Vergo ()
Date: July 10, 2017 12:54PM

Anyone else feel we are on the verge of something WICKED?

The crap going on in the HERMIT KINGDOM, by the "GREAT LEADER" and his ICBMs alone should wake you the fuck up.

Also, all the other usual bullshit which has been going on in the US over the past 8 fucking years is another thing.

Don't usually cuss, but today is a different. Fuck all seditious bastards and those who want anarchy. I have a family to protect, you make it unsafe for me and my family, you can go to HELL.

Fucking PC media, shithole liars who will burn in Hell one day unless them find the truth -- JESUS.
I am quite docile -- until threatened that is.
Good day.

Posted by: UFPED ()
Date: July 10, 2017 01:49PM

Every time I prep for something, nothing happens. I still have a lot of food left over from Ebola

Posted by: Y2K Clinton and Obama Years ()
Date: July 10, 2017 03:25PM

Yes I understand. The crapola likes to fly when nobody expects it to that why food needs to be organized and consumed and replaced periodically.

Sounds like work, but what isn't work including being prepared?

Posted by: Beta here ()
Date: July 10, 2017 03:40PM

Unit 8 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have guns and lots of ammo. Will take everything
> from the beta-faggots and rape my way into the
> record books like Genghis Khan.
>
> Target practice on Mexicans and demand niggers be
> scarficed in the name of Trump.

Beta here. I sip tea and drive a prius. But I got a lot guns & ammo too. So it comes down to Cardio I guess. I have 52 bpm resting heart rate you?

Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: July 10, 2017 04:37PM

Are we to assume that we will be home when the SHTF???

Posted by: Go with it ()
Date: July 10, 2017 05:13PM

Of course

If you are out with whatever you have with you (in your car, etc.) or without whatever you don't have with you ...

IAO

Improvise Adapt Overcome

Posted by: mnpw7 ()
Date: July 10, 2017 05:47PM

Unit 8 Wrote:
> I have guns and lots of ammo. Will take everything
> from the beta-faggots and rape my way into the
> record books like Genghis Khan.
>
> Target practice on Mexicans and demand niggers be
> scarficed in the name of Trump.

Internet tough guy like you will be dead within 24 hours. The two keys to survival in the short term would be to get away quickly to someplace relatively safe and underpopulated or to find someplace inconspicuous to hunker down until the initial burst of insanity blows over.

Posted by: all for one ()
Date: July 10, 2017 06:09PM

I know my shitty middle class 90's built townhouse will go down with an axe to the wall (shitty cheap drywall between units, look at your own house walls, likely the same unless you have a brick house literally!) so my neighbors could get in if they wanted to- so no point in staying long.

So- i have army type backpacks ready to grab and leave w/ important shit like birth certificates, cash, gold coins, bitcoin wallet printed out, foldable stock hunting rifle, water, food for 5 days each, lifestraw to be able to drink out of ponds, first aid kit, super lightweight 6 person tent (all 5 of us are snug but can sleep in it already tried) etc so we never have to come back, i can always buy more shit.

The kids know to grab their duffel by the door, put their favorite toy in it, put on their boots and coat no matter the weather (ya never know nuclear winter all of a sudden it is 20 degrees out in July) and hop in the wagon we are leaving on foot bringing the youngest in the red ryder wagon LOL hey he won't have to walk stroller is too cumbersome in this instance/wouldnt hold up to a very long hike anyway in case we hit rough terrain while walking. I have a garmin GPS for the hikes and we are all used to taking family hikes and tent camping so the kids will be already used to the deal and won't panic like the other kids who have never been and will cry the whole time mine will be quiet and happy to go thinking we are on a fun trip instead of it being a national crisis, mental health is important for the kids.

We have a storage unit within walking distance holding a dirtbike for each member of the family we ride as a pack (and a dune buggy to strap in the youngest in a seat but it is 4wd too) towards our rural hideaway, and that is as far as I will tell you all.

Hope this gives you ideas for your plan.

Posted by: metalhead ()
Date: July 10, 2017 06:45PM

Beta here Wrote:
> Unit 8 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have guns and lots of ammo. Will take
> everything
> > from the beta-faggots and rape my way into the
> > record books like Genghis Khan.
> >
> > Target practice on Mexicans and demand niggers
> be
> > scarficed in the name of Trump.
>
>
> Beta here. I sip tea and drive a prius. But I
> got a lot guns & ammo too. So it comes down to
> Cardio I guess. I have 52 bpm resting heart rate
> you?

Paintball projectiles are not firearms...

Posted by: well actually... ()
Date: July 10, 2017 06:45PM

Well actually....if you respond quick enough, you can get out. But you will need to be quick on your feet and ready to go. Or you shelter in place depending on the situation.

It depends on what type of SHTF.

Posted by: metalhead ()
Date: July 10, 2017 06:46PM

mnpw7 Wrote:
> Unit 8 Wrote:
> -----
> > I have guns and lots of ammo. Will take
> everything
> > from the beta-faggots and rape my way into the
> > record books like Genghis Khan.
> >
> > Target practice on Mexicans and demand niggers
> be
> > scarficed in the name of Trump.
>
>
> Internet tough guy like you will be dead within 24
> hours. The two keys to survival in the short term
> would be to get away quickly to someplace
> relatively safe and underpopulated or to find
> someplace inconspicuous to hunker down until the
> initial burst of insanity blows over.

Very true. Apartments, condos, etc., would be absolute slaughterhouses...

Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: July 10, 2017 07:04PM

Posted by: NotaVictim ()
Date: July 10, 2017 08:23PM

Been meaning to get a night vision scope for my ar15. That is the only hole in my defense.

Posted by: They Dont Want You ()
Date: July 10, 2017 08:43PM

>get away quickly to someplace relatively safe and underpopulated

Good Luck Pal..be sure to carry a scraper to get those Hillary stickers off the car..that may up the odds..a wee bit.LOL..Even if their NRA ..Trump stickers..they will Think There Fake!..

Everybody will be trying to get out of NOVA..Gas stations will be like the OK Corral..Food stores held up as panic hits..Thats why you'll never know when SHTF happens..! If a false alarm sounded..Holy Hell!! All said you need to be with your best bros..all ready to go..covering each others ass..at least 6 of ya..by yourself..you don't stand a chance..Stay where you are and Smile..As You Brace For Flash!!

DAJAX ...Safe in the old school bus buried in the yard..NO Grow lights..Dammit..packed with prepper goodies..Rice Beans..Hot Sauce..Veggie seeds.. water..OLE!! Just need some super duct tape to keep some of septic field from seeping in..LOL

They say if ya smell it long enough..ya cant smell it any more..Not in the mood at all for a Smell O Thon..! LOL..

And life without Ice Cold Hobo beer..???

Posted by: McClintock ()
Date: July 10, 2017 09:32PM

Leaving town is not an option. 95 will back up for five miles because everyone wants to see a guy changing a flat tire. Imagine a genuine disaster.

Posted by: the walking dead ()
Date: July 10, 2017 10:19PM

Based on the stuff i see here, i'd just lay low for awhile. wait til all the nutjobs sneak out into the woods and starve, or accidentally shoot themselves.

Posted by: The Grim Reality ()
Date: July 10, 2017 11:00PM

If a Nuke does hit Near NOVA..Everyone here is ..Toast..Me too if I'm up here..

In other SHTF games..and there could be many..namely natural disasters ..Remember that Earthquake in the summer of 2011 ? A couple numbers up on the Richter Scale and life would change ..!! No power, no gas,no phone, no natural gas.. no medicine..for a while. No water..or sewer as pumps would be out without power..

All US disaster aid would be mobilized..All US Military doing everything they can..to get food and water in to people..Martial Law..Looters..Yes holing up in your apt..condo..house may be all you can do.. so The Preppers List Of NOVA..! A New Thread..

DAJAX

Posted by: highway blocked no problem ()
Date: July 10, 2017 11:33PM

I have a plane in my garage that will run on mogas. All I need to do is tow it about a quarter mile down the road to a clear take off area, then it's off to WVA.

For getting out of town in a hurry, cars won't cut it.

Posted by: Pete the prepper ()
Date: July 10, 2017 11:48PM

An inch of snow sends the area into panic. Gas stations are mobbed. grocery stores have empty shelves, the majority of stores are closed. Good luck when a real disaster happens.

Posted by: shasta! ()
Date: July 11, 2017 12:41AM

Gas station pumps don't work because electricity has been knocked out. Debris in the streets. Cell phone signals are overloaded and do not work - too many people making calls all at once.

Always, always keep your gas tank filled at least halfway.

Posted by: elchx ()
Date: July 11, 2017 07:33AM

If it were that big DAJAX then Fredricksburg will be too close to be safe.

Posted by: Future Negan ()
Date: July 11, 2017 07:58AM

Pete the prepper Wrote:
> An inch of snow sends the area into panic. Gas
> stations are mobbed. grocery stores have empty
> shelves, the majority of stores are closed. Good
> luck when a real disaster happens.

There'd be plenty of places to scavenge around here. Abandoned restaraunts, abandoned buildings, abandoned homes, abandoned apartments, abandoned delivery trucks. Sure, grocery shelves get cleared before storms, but there's a whole warehouse full of food in the back of all those stores. There'd be plenty of food resources to be found - a heck of a lot more than you'd find out in the woods if you were dumb enough to flee there. You'd also have a lot easier time keeping yourself armed and finding fuel than you would stuck out in the boonies.

Posted by: Every man for himself ()
Date: July 11, 2017 10:27AM

Fat people cannot go anywhere without an electric cart. Once the battery dies who is going to assist the morbidly obese? We are talking 400+ pounders.

Posted by: Jones ()
Date: July 11, 2017 02:12PM

Where do you think you would escape to,the mountains of West Virginia? Those Hillbillies already hate your fucking guts, and the though of great masses of Cucks, Snowflakes and assorted assholes swarming through the hills threatening to eat their food, drink their beer and messing with their women will have them reaching for their deer rifles, creating a more dangerous situation then what you are running from. LOL

Posted by: 4vX ()
Date: July 11, 2017 02:44PM

Jones Wrote:
> Where do you think you would escape to,the
> mountains of West Virginia? Those Hillbillies
> already hate your fucking guts,

These survivalist wannabe's would be worse off out in the woods than near a disaster area. They think they could "live off the land". Yeah maybe for a few weeks they could but not for long. Shit, even the american colonists couldn't just live off hunting and fishing, they needed to farm and trade in order to survive. Get a couple dozen idiots trudging around the woods for a few weeks and see how many deer or bear are still hanging around, lol.

Posted by: real estate ()
Date: July 11, 2017 02:44PM

Jones Wrote:
> Where do you think you would escape to,the
> mountains of West Virginia? Those Hillbillies
> already hate your fucking guts, and the though of
> great masses of Cucks, Snowflakes and assorted
> assholes swarming through the hills threatening to
> eat their food, drink their beer and messing with
> their women will have them reaching for their deer
> rifles, creating a more dangerous situation then
> what you are running from. LOL

Prepare now by purchasing some land in West Virginia. Land can be had relatively cheap and you can also use it for recreation purposes as a weekend getaway. You can stockpile supplies there ahead of time.

Posted by: Ring Of Death ()
Date: July 11, 2017 03:13PM

2000 Rounds 7.62x51
5000 Rounds 5.56
5000 Rounds 9mm
2000 Rounds 38 Special
1000 Rounds 357
10000 Rounds 22LR

100 yard radius of dead bodies yo.

Posted by: great investment plan ()
Date: July 11, 2017 03:28PM

real estate Wrote:
> You can stockpile supplies there
> ahead of time.

and then worry if they'll all be stolen by some opiate addict or if you'll have to chase off the yokels after they set up a makeshift meth lab in your property

Posted by: no worries, just careful ()
Date: July 11, 2017 03:45PM

great investment plan Wrote:
> real estate Wrote:
> -----
> > You can stockpile supplies there
> > ahead of time.
>
> and then worry if they'll all be stolen by some
> opiate addict or if you'll have to chase off the
> yokels after they set up a makeshift meth lab in
> your property

That's a concern that tens of thousands of people have to deal with, and many so so successfully. If you plan carefully and construct your place well, it can be kept secure.

Posted by: easy ()
Date: July 11, 2017 06:03PM

Hole up with a month's worth of bud, plenty of beer, and my guns to shoot at all the groids passing through from souf-east.

Posted by: I can say no more ()
Date: July 11, 2017 06:23PM

all for one Wrote:
> I know my shitty middle class 90's built townhouse
> will go down with an axe to the wall (shitty cheap
> drywall between units, look at your own house
> walls, likely the same unless you have a brick
> house literally!) so my neighbors could get in if
> they wanted to- so no point in staying long.
>
> So- i have army type backpacks ready to grab and
> leave w/ important shit like birth certificates,
> cash, gold coins, bitcoin wallet printed out,
> foldable stock hunting rifle, water, food for 5
> days each, lifestraw to be able to drink out of
> ponds, first aid kit, super lightweight 6 person
> tent (all 5 of us are snug but can sleep in it
> already tried) etc so we never have to come back,
> i can always buy more shit.
>
> The kids know to grab their duffel by the door,
> put their favorite toy in it, put on their boots
> and coat no matter the weather (ya never know
> nuclear winter all of a sudden it is 20 degrees
> out in July) and hop in the wagon we are leaving
> on foot bringing the youngest in the red ryder
> wagon LOL hey he won't have to walk stroller is
> too cumbersome in this instance/wouldnt hold up to
> a very long hike anyway in case we hit rough
> terrain while walking. I have a garmin GPS for the
> hikes and we are all used to taking family hikes
> and tent camping so the kids will be already used
> to the deal and won't panic like the other kids
> who have never been and will cry the whole time
> mine will be quiet and happy to go thinking we are
> on a fun trip instead of it being a national
> crisis, mental health is important for the kids.
>
> We have a storage unit within walking distance
> holding a dirtbike for each member of the family
> we ride as a pack (and a dune buggy to strap in
> the youngest in a seat but it is 4wd too) towards
> our rural hideaway, and that is as far as I will
> tell you all.
>
>
> Hope this gives you ideas for your plan.

To add to this Rambo's post, if you have a good, actual 4wd vehicle, there are ways to get out past PWC and Eastern Loudoun into Fauquier or Western Loudoun/West Virginia. Not a sissy AWD, but a real 4WD with both a High and Low drive setting. That and some decent firepower and you can be out of this area in 45 minutes with a decent amount of provisions that should last a week or two.

Posted by: Burrito and Birch Beer ()
Date: July 11, 2017 07:11PM

As long as Tippy's Taco stays open I'll be just fine.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: July 11, 2017 09:02PM

That is easy. Just head for the entrance to the tunnel to the FEMA emergency shelter at Mount Weather!

Posted by: KCKEJ ()
Date: July 11, 2017 09:07PM

easy Wrote:
> Hole up with a month's worth of bud, plenty of
> beer, and my guns to shoot at all the groids
> passing through from souf-east.

Your neighbors will get to you before the souf-easters.

Posted by: We Will be Watching ()
Date: July 11, 2017 10:25PM

>if you have a good, actual 4wd vehicle, there are ways to get out past PWC and Eastern Loudoun

The Power lines for Um...Thanks for the tip..LOL Bring Hobo Beer..Ice Cold..Thanks!!

>Just head for the entrance to the tunnel to the FEMA emergency shelter at Mount Weather!

Great Tip..LOL..And be hosed down like the Swiss Cheese Bonnie and Clyde Death Car..

DAJAX
Attachments:
MtWeatherBound.jpg

Posted by: Cold World ()
Date: July 11, 2017 10:43PM

Remember this - Whatever preparations you make, keep it a secret.

Tell no one, otherwise you will become a target.

Posted by: SRoscoe ()
Date: July 12, 2017 09:55AM

SHTF = Nuclear explosion? Flood? Hurricane/tornado?

Each will require a much different response. If a nuclear bomb are you talking about a small device or total annihilation like the Russians will visit upon us?

Posted by: Not telling ()
Date: July 12, 2017 10:44AM

We Will be Watching Wrote:
> >if you have a good, actual 4wd vehicle, there are
> ways to get out past PWC and Eastern Loudoun
>
> The Power lines for Um...Thanks for the tip..LOL
> Bring Hobo Beer..Ice Cold..Thanks!!
>
> >Just head for the entrance to the tunnel to the
> FEMA emergency shelter at Mount Weather!
>
> Great Tip..LOL..And be hosed down like the Swiss
> Cheese Bonnie and Clyde Death Car..
>
> DAJAX

The power lines are one way, but an AWD will probably be sufficient and you'll have to cross over a lot of roads. Also, I believe that once you get into Loudoun, you will have to forge a few creeks or deep ravines which no stock SUV or truck are going to be able to cross. Sadly, I think the power lines will be almost as clogged as the roads. I know a lot of peeps that think that's their way out.

No AJ, there are at least two other ways. Of course, I'll not be sharing those here.

Posted by: Tlkku ()
Date: July 12, 2017 12:55PM

It's too late when SHTF no matter what you have stocked or how well you plan. I'm sure the poor suckers that remained working in the Twin towers had an escape plan and rehearsed it after the first bombing.

Posted by: former kitfox owner ()
Date: July 12, 2017 05:15PM

In reference to flying out, a Kitfox or equivalent would be great, but there are a lot of other options for Experimental, Light Sport, and Ultralight aircraft that can be stored in a garage and take off from residential neighborhood streets or a ball field if need be. Even a slow trike powered paraglider can get you of town if roads are blocked.

Posted by: navigation ()
Date: July 12, 2017 05:17PM

and make sure you have maps, compass, plotter, etc. in case GPS is out.

Posted by: Mad Max ()
Date: July 12, 2017 06:06PM

good thing about the power lines is that they're as wide as the beltway and you can make your own lane. Regular cars won't last long on the trails and you can usually find detours into backyards or farmland if you need to.

Be prepared to defend your vehicle and to make it inoperable along with burning all the contents if you're going to lose it. Better to let no one have it than have someone take it from you. Kill anyone that approaches, including good looking chicks. It's a trap.

Posted by: brain storming ()
Date: September 19, 2017 03:09PM

How about take a boat/jetski or something down the Occoquan reservoir. If you did it at night you could carry around the dams.

Posted by: MacGyver ()
Date: September 19, 2017 03:20PM

Three person boat, each person carries one item.

50lb Zodiac
5 hp motor
gasoline
Attachments:
456622_l.jpg

Posted by: DB Cooperage ()
Date: September 19, 2017 03:30PM

Not exactly this topic, but is there a back-pack size parachute that you can bring on a plane, and strap on and jump out the back, DB Cooper style, if things get funky onboard?

Posted by: Yes and no ()
Date: September 19, 2017 04:03PM

Small parachutes do exist but because of the smaller size they descend faster and are rated for less weight.
The airplane that D B COOPER bailed out of had a rear entry door that was deployable while in flight. Also DB ordered the pilots to descend to an altitude at which no auxiliary oxygen was required.
So if all those conditions could be met it's possible.

Posted by: TYK6G ()
Date: September 19, 2017 04:36PM

DB Cooperage Wrote:
> Not exactly this topic, but is there a back-pack
> size parachute that you can bring on a plane, and
> strap on and jump out the back, DB Cooper style,
> if things get funky onboard?

That's the thing. Will you be allowed to take it on a plane?

Posted by: VCKHD ()
Date: September 19, 2017 05:58PM

Could also follow the railroad tracks

Posted by: fORKS ()
Date: September 19, 2017 07:57PM

Just realize there is a fate worse than death and get it over with

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.