HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why do so many pedestrians run across Rt. 50 near Patrick Henry Drive in Seven Corners area? (traffic 50mph or more)
Posted by: SoupCamera ()
Date: November 08, 2006 03:32PM

Why do so many pedestrians run across Rt. 50 near Patrick Henry Drive
in Seven Corners area? (traffic 50mph or more)

I rarely travel on Rt 50 in that area. Last week, I drove on Rt. 50, from I-495 exit all the way into Arlington. While I was near the Rt 50 and Patrick
Henry Drive area,I almost freaked out when several pedestrians started running
across Rt 50 from the left and right. Some even had little 4 or 5-year-old
kids, and one was carrying a baby in her arms. This was around 6:20PM so the
area was pretty dark.

I realized there are shopping areas on either side of Rt 50, but couldn't they
use the crosswalk at the intersection? It just seems so dangerous to me.

:(

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why do so many pedestrians run across Rt. 50 near Patrick Henry Drive in Seven Corners area? (traffic 50mph or more)
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 08, 2006 03:55PM

while this will sound racist, i believe it's a cultural issue. where they mexicans/latinos?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Re: Why do so many pedestrians run across Rt. 50 near Patrick Henry Drive in Seven Corners area? (traffic 50mph or more)
Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: November 08, 2006 04:00PM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> where they mexicans/latinos?

Mexico I guess.....

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: November 08, 2006 04:26PM

If it is at Lohmanns Plaza there is a light right in the middle of the block just for pedestrians to use. Next they had uniform cops stand out there to warn the mexicans not to cross against the signals.

Neither the cops nor the signal had any effect. They still run into the traffic and they still get hit. Only difference is the county spent bucks to try to get them to do otherwise.

I have never been to mexico but I wonder if the people down there run into traffic like here and get squashed like bugs.

Posted by: SoupCamera ()
Date: November 08, 2006 05:14PM

it was dark at the time, but I could tell that some were hispanics, but some were white(or could have ben east european type)

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: November 08, 2006 08:04PM

Why do so many pedestrians run across Rt 50? Because they can, chicken.

Posted by: blame ()
Date: November 08, 2006 09:02PM

blame the democrats

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: November 08, 2006 10:26PM

haha that pisses me off... i have seen too many women running across the street with baby j-walking there........

They are el-sal's and Mexicans......that area has like no white population.

Posted by: Blanka MD ()
Date: November 08, 2006 11:25PM

I've seen this happen twice in Fairfax city at night near the Super H. And also they crossed where the there weren't that many streetlights so it was very dark.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: November 09, 2006 12:23PM

Near Super H the damn catholic school kids are always j-walking. Jesus aint gonna part the Steel sea for you boys and girls so just save your prayers and wait for the damn light

Posted by: 355 ()
Date: November 09, 2006 12:58PM

Did they look like this?
Attachments:
5399.jpg

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: November 09, 2006 01:24PM

That section of 50 was featured in the news about a year ago. Mexican and El Salvadoran residents in that area cut back and forth across the unlit parts of 50 instead of walking down to the lighted cross-walk. There was some discussion about putting in some pedestrian bridges, but it sounds like nothing is being done about it.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 10, 2006 03:19PM

Fairfax MF---er Wrote:
> There was some discussion about
> putting in some pedestrian bridges, but it sounds
> like nothing is being done about it.

do you think putting in bridges would make a difference? i think they would rather just walk through the street than have to walk to the bridge and up the stairs. i would guess that is why nothing is being done about it, simply because there is nothing that can be done about it. you cant change how people act, you can only deport them.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: burpgun ()
Date: November 10, 2006 07:16PM

If nobody gives a shit about them entering the country illegally, kind of pointless to worry about jaywalking...

Posted by: stupid beaners ()
Date: November 10, 2006 08:56PM

a fence might help.........

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: November 10, 2006 09:56PM

burpgun Wrote:
> If nobody gives a shit about them entering the
> country illegally, kind of pointless to worry
> about jaywalking...

I personally would prefer not to have Jose and Margarita fly through my windshield at 50 mph. Maybe I'm just weird that way.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: November 10, 2006 10:33PM

I would prefer for them to be crushed under my tires or hit by my bumper.

Posted by: chente ()
Date: November 11, 2006 12:53PM

because its a long walk holmes

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: November 11, 2006 03:44PM

The government should teach them how to be better runners. All the signs in the world won't stop them when they want to cross. Best idea is to take them to the nearest high school and do some wind sprints.

On route 50 I have seen them hesitate before running across. Dont know if it is alcohol or nerves which causes this. Reminds me of the old video game frogger.

Posted by: LOLOLOL ()
Date: November 11, 2006 03:46PM

KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
> I would prefer for them to be crushed under my
> tires or hit by my bumper.

LOL ROFFLE

Posted by: Why? ()
Date: November 11, 2006 07:22PM

Because they're fucking stupid. That's why.

Posted by: Enough already ()
Date: August 22, 2020 10:06PM

Posted by: Tommy Chong ()
Date: August 23, 2020 03:13AM

DEAD BEANERS

(Sounds like Alice Cooper's "Dead Babies")

Little Beaner crossed his bike against the light
Just left his job washing dishes at the mall
Beaner's ese wasn’t there to warn him
His headphones on he didn’t hear the car.

Dead Beaners can’t ride those tiny bikes
Dead Beaners can’t eat their beans and rice
Well we didn’t want you anyway

Lalala-lalalalalalala-la

Beaner's Daddy's climbing the wall down in Texas
Mommy’s cleaning bathrooms day and night
Little Beaner’s sleeping in a graveyard
Wrapped in a flag of red and green and white

Dead Beaners can’t ride those tiny bikes
Dead Beaners can’t eat their beans and rice
Well we didn’t want you anyway

Lalala-lalalalalalala-la

Buh Bye Beanerz!
Attachments:
mangled-ghost-bike.png

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.