HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
School Police
Posted by: Willied ()
Date: October 22, 2009 08:52PM

Do fairfax schools have a police department? I saw what appeared to be school police at Woodson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: School Police
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 22, 2009 08:57PM

Yes, there is a school security force that I was always led to believe has police powers in and around the schools.

Posted by: . ()
Date: October 24, 2009 02:02AM

No police powers. They are just un-armed security guards.

Date: October 24, 2009 02:12AM

well I was led to believe the skins had a chance this year too, can't win em all.

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: October 24, 2009 02:28AM

Yeah, they definitely do not have police powers.

It's sort of funny, because Animal Control officers are sworn police officers, and the people patrolling the schools are basically just government employed security guards.

Our wildlife deserves more protection than all the self-righteous people's kids. I wish all the whiners about the school board would understand that. The county didn't ask you to get pregnant and have spawns. We're all proud of your little progeny, that's great, they are spectacular, they will be the next Einstien, now just shut the fuck up, already. Nobody cares about YOUR kids.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The function of conservatives is not to meet every liberal program or scheme with a denunciation or a destructive counterscheme, but rather to weigh its advantages and defects, supporting the first and challenging the second. A declaration of ideological warfare against liberalism is by its nature profoundly unconservative. It meets perceived radicalism with a counterradicalism of its own.

Posted by: 2nd amendment ()
Date: October 24, 2009 02:29AM

. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No police powers. They are just un-armed security
> guards.

Not necessarily. Some are former police officers and carry at school. They have a federal firearms license so they are allowed to carry in public schools.

Posted by: 7ucky#sLeven ()
Date: October 24, 2009 02:38AM

Do IT now

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: October 24, 2009 03:18AM

2nd amendment Wrote:
> . Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > No police powers. They are just un-armed
> security
> > guards.
>
>
> Not necessarily. Some are former police officers
> and carry at school. They have a federal firearms
> license so they are allowed to carry in public
> schools.

You lose the "federal firearms licensce" once you are no longer a federal police officer.

Besides, in order to become a school security officer after having been a federal police officer, you must have really fucked up in some way.

I know cops, and the ones that are Uniformed Secret Service, or DHS or FBI police are working their way UP, not down. None of them are going to become school security anytime soon, unless they really fuck their careers up.

Most of them want to be FBI special agents or SS special agents, not security guards.

The dickheads who washed out of real police forces who believe they can carry on school grounds are playing a dangerous game. They'll probably end up with a 10 or 20 year prison term when they fuck that up as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The function of conservatives is not to meet every liberal program or scheme with a denunciation or a destructive counterscheme, but rather to weigh its advantages and defects, supporting the first and challenging the second. A declaration of ideological warfare against liberalism is by its nature profoundly unconservative. It meets perceived radicalism with a counterradicalism of its own.

Posted by: info ()
Date: October 24, 2009 07:44AM

School Resource Officers are active FC police who are deployed at the school for a given period of time. Each school has one. They do carry and they do wear the FC police uniform, since they are indeed FC cops.

Posted by: info ()
Date: October 24, 2009 07:44AM

info Wrote:
> School Resource Officers are active FC police who
> are deployed at the school for a given period of
> time. Each school has one. They do carry and they
> do wear the FC police uniform, since they are
> indeed FC cops.

Clarification: each middle school and high school have them, don't think elementary do.

Posted by: Clobbersaurus ()
Date: October 24, 2009 08:03AM

Don't get School Resource Officers (FCPD) and School Security mixed up though. One is a real cop, the other is not.

Posted by: security ()
Date: October 24, 2009 10:27AM

Thurston Moore Wrote:
> 2nd amendment Wrote:
> -----
> > . Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > No police powers. They are just un-armed
> > security
> > > guards.
> >
> >
> > Not necessarily. Some are former police
> officers
> > and carry at school. They have a federal
> firearms
> > license so they are allowed to carry in public
> > schools.
>
>
> You lose the "federal firearms licensce" once you
> are no longer a federal police officer.
>
> Besides, in order to become a school security
> officer after having been a federal police
> officer, you must have really fucked up in some
> way.
>
> I know cops, and the ones that are Uniformed
> Secret Service, or DHS or FBI police are working
> their way UP, not down. None of them are going to
> become school security anytime soon, unless they
> really fuck their careers up.
>
> Most of them want to be FBI special agents or SS
> special agents, not security guards.
>
> The dickheads who washed out of real police forces
> who believe they can carry on school grounds are
> playing a dangerous game. They'll probably end up
> with a 10 or 20 year prison term when they fuck
> that up as well.

Not true. Some are retired police and they just work as school security to make some extra money.

Posted by: TefD187 ()
Date: October 24, 2009 11:49AM

Armed with a bullhorn and golf cart, they aim to take over the world, harassing one student at a time.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: October 24, 2009 12:32PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 02:02AM by Alias.

Posted by: bus driver ()
Date: October 24, 2009 01:15PM

TefD187 Wrote:
> Armed with a bullhorn and golf cart, they aim to
> take over the world, harassing one student at a
> time.

You're thinking of school administrators in those golf carts.

School Security are very rarely spotted at schools during the school day, they mainly do after hours security of the buildings.

If we are involved in an accident in our buses after hours, we have to radio School Security and they respond to the scene.

I'm not sure if the School Security officers have guns or not, it's been so long since I've seen one. If they don't, they should. Confronting bad guys breaking into a school in the middle of the night is just as dangerous as the regular police confronting bad guys breaking into a home or business.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: October 25, 2009 01:30AM

The school resource officer is a real cop. The School Security drives around in Ford Explorers with the FCPS logo on them, and they wear the FCPD uniform but it says school security on them. They also carry a police radio. Generally they patrol the schools after hours, and report any suspicious activity. Also if the alarm goes off after hours, they usually get there before the police do

Date: October 25, 2009 01:56AM

I used the school sec guys all the time, but never INSIDE. That was the resource officer's turf during the daytime.

I once had a school security guy question why I was at mcdonalds (he had followed me from oakton high). I don't remember much more than him giving up and letting me on my way. what could he have done anyway? I never understood that encounter.

Posted by: . ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:35AM

Jesus Christ. FCPS SECURITY are ALWAYS un-armed. They patrol after school hours. They DO NOT wear a FCPD uniform. They wear dark blue pants and light blue shirts. They have NO police powers. And to the dip shit who thinks they sould be allowed to carry a gun, there is a big diff. between a trained police officer with a gun and a security guard who had to take 8hrs. of training to qualify to carry one. I don't care what their last job was, once they are on duty, as a security guard, they must obey the policy of that security company and the site they are employed to protect. I doubt very much that FCPS would say "Oh, you were a cop! Hell yeah carry your own personal weapon on school grounds!" The resourse officers are indeed FCPD. THEY ARE IN NO WAY RELATED TO ONE ANOTHER. Here is a link that will show you what they look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ3IQm6zGIo

P.S. Yeah, this guy should be allowed to carry a gun. Yes that is a FCPD car in the background. NOT a security vehicle.

Date: October 25, 2009 10:45AM

Yeah, maybe School Security is too clueless to carry guns.

I remember one Saturday morning, I took a team to a huge track meet at Lake Braddock high school. There were at least 50 school buses there from as far away as Norfolk and Va Beach and hundreds of cars and people milling around.

I was BSing with another bus driver when School Security rolled up and he asked me what was going on. I told him a track meet. He said Oh, and went on his way.

Seems like they should when a major event is going on at a school!

Date: October 25, 2009 10:46AM

Seems like they should when a major event is going on at a school!

Date: October 25, 2009 10:47AM

Sheesh, KNOW when a major event....

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.