HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The Smell Of Marijuana Should Not Be A Death Sentence
Date: June 27, 2017 07:52PM

The Smell Of Marijuana Should Not Be A Death Sentence
http://blog.norml.org/2017/06/22/the-smell-of-marijuana-should-not-be-a-death-sentence/

Philando Castile is the name we must speak today, but sadly there are countless others, particularly people of color, who have fallen victims to or as a result of this senseless marijuana prohibition.

Philando Castile was shot and killed by a Minnesota police officer during a traffic stop last year. This week we learned that the officer rationalized his actions by claiming that the alleged smell of “burnt marijuana” made him fear for his own life. Here is how the officer recounted his actions, in his own words: “I thought, I was gonna die and I thought if he’s, if he has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five year old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me. And, I let off the rounds and then after the rounds were off, the little girls [sic] was screaming.”

TELL CONGRESS: END MARIJUANA PROHIBITION

''TOGETHER WE WILL LEGALIZE IT''

Federal: Bill Introduced To End Federal Marijuana Prohibition
The Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017, HR 1227, eliminates federal criminal penalties for possessing and growing the plant. This legislation gives states the power and flexibility to establish their own marijuana policies free from federal interference.

With the recent confirmation of militant marijuana prohibitionist Jeff Sessions to the position of US Attorney General, and with comments from the Trump administration warning of a coming federal crackdown in adult use states, passage of The Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act is necessary to ensure that marijuana consumers are protected from undue federal interference.

Enter your information below to contact your lawmakers and urge them to support this pending legislation.

Protect the right for states to set their own marijuana policies
http://act.norml.org/p/dia/action4/common/public/?action_KEY=20483
Federal: Bill Introduced To End Federal Marijuana Prohibition ^^^^^^^^

legalize it already virginia!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Smell Of Marijuana Should Not Be A Death Sentence
Posted by: Jack Webb ()
Date: June 27, 2017 09:34PM

The child was 4. He was shot because he was extremely intoxicated and reaching for an illegal handgun.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.