HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
You can get weed delivered to your door in D.C. just like pizza. But is it legal?
Date: June 27, 2017 07:29PM

You can get weed delivered to your door in D.C. just like pizza. But is it legal?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/you-can-get-weed-delivered-to-your-door-in-dc-just-like-pizza-but-is-it-legal/2017/05/22/186da532-3cb9-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html?utm_term=.05592b7ce996

D.C. residents smoke weed they had delivered to their house when they ordered the District of C art prints on the wall.

In Washington D.C., it is now as easy to get marijuana delivered to your front door as pizza. Really expensive pizza.

More than two years after the District allowed residents to legally cultivate and possess cannabis for personal use, a growing gray market of companies has sprung up that will bring orders of high-priced cookies, juice, clothing or even artwork to your house, along with the “gift” of a few fat buds.

Those who want to imbibe can also pay to attend dance parties and craft fairs where vendors sell edibles and smokables at what one regular terms a “farmers market for weed.” Purchasers get their marijuana after buying another product. But reportedly in some cases sales have become more straightforward — cash for pot.

A website called Leafedin.org connects pot buyers and sellers. Chefs serve cannabis cuisine at ticketed events, and shoppers can buy a $42 T-shirt at a District shop and have a free sample of locally grown product tossed into the bag.

The new pot providers have started to roil the city’s four-year-old medical marijuana network, which requires patients with a prescription to pick up their cannabis in person at an official dispensary. Those operators have asked regulators to grant them authority to go door to door, according to Vanessa West, general manager of Metropolitan Wellness Center.

“It’s hard for us to compete with home delivery,” West said. “A lot of our patients would really benefit from that.”

Most of the companies are exploiting what they hope is a loophole in Initiative 71, the ballot measure that legalized cannabis for personal use. The law, which passed overwhelmingly in 2014, allows residents to grow small amounts of marijuana and possess up to two ounces but forbids buying or selling it. But the statute does permit growers to give away up to an ounce to users 21 and older, and that provision has produced a sly flowering of the cannabis economy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: You can get weed delivered to your door in D.C. just like pizza. But is it legal?
Posted by: LakiU ()
Date: September 10, 2022 10:52AM

Hello! does it matter what kind of lighting I will use for growing cannabis or marijuana, what would you advise?

Re: You can get weed delivered to your door in D.C. just like pizza. But is it legal?
Posted by: IT-Guy ()
Date: September 10, 2022 11:04AM

I hate the stench ofthe stuff. It's everywhere in DC - even on the Metro.

Posted by: Nickreal ()
Date: September 10, 2022 11:07AM

Hello! When I started growing marijuana, they helped me a lot with the selection of light. I didn’t even think that so much could depend on the quality of light. I bought several Prime Grower 2000W LED Grow Lights Full Spectrum Indoor Hydroponic Veg Flower Plant Lamp Tube and they even gave me a discount and advice on how to properly care for the plants.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.