HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Apartment Noises
Posted by: Apartmentnoises ()
Date: June 26, 2017 02:21PM

It's my first time living in an apartment and I'm just wondering what are considered normal apartment noises to tolerate?

I live on the top floor and the family below me is constantly jumping and running or something that causes loud bass sounds and at times vibrates my floor. I know there is no way they are banging because of the noise I'm making because most of the time they do it I'm sitting still working at my computer with headphones; Yes I can hear the bass and feel the vibrations with headphones on, I can actually hear it better.

I know when they are cutting meat, that noise doesn't bother me even though it sounds like they are cutting the meat directly below me even though their kitchen is 2 rooms down.

I hear them or their kid running around from 12-4am, slamming doors, screaming, or they are talking very loud. No, I'm not doing things at those hours except being woken up and trying to get back to sleep.

Do people in apartments just accept these kinds of noises? I have no clue how the floor below them puts up with the noise, but they are friends.

I have no clue what their kid can be doing in a small apartment bedroom to cause so much noise except maybe jumping off the bed, stomping around, banging on the walls...

I don't want to bother with these people since at the start I acted childish and stomped on the floor very hard and the wife called the apartment manager on me, I felt bad and when I offered them gifts she made a snide comment about how they were just talking about if they could make noise to cut their meat and never apologized about all of the noise her family makes; She actually tried to deny the gifts at first...

As I'm typing this the kid is stomping 2-3 steps and just stops, a couple minutes again it's the same thing.

I'm assuming they can hear me walking around, the apartment floor squeaks and the doors stick when closed...so in my mind I think they can hear these noises so I will tolerate their noises....

The sounds are getting to be very annoying...is this what I should expect in an apartment and tolerate it or should I be calling management? I've been trying to be a good neighbor and put up with it, but when it's heavily one sided...shit, I even over heard their kid talking to a neighbor saying we jump around all the time when that is far from true and when I told her mother about this she laughed it off and said don't believe her she is a kid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apartment Noises
Posted by: Bulova Broomstick ()
Date: June 26, 2017 02:32PM

Well the first problem is you seem to be kinda beta, that is you show too much concern for others as opposed to your own well being. Giving them gifts? Seriously? Are they hillbilly whites or are they your typical inconsiderate immigrants? It matters.

Growing up young in the Obama fog of white male cuckoldery will do that to a poor guy, especially if you were unfortunate enough to grow up with him as president in your formative teen/early adult years.

But now, the sleeper has awakened. You must demand that your neighbors keep it down or start making it bad for them. There's all kinds of things you can do to their faces, or sneakily when they are asleep at night. You can eff with their car and do all sorts of things so they get the hint, or move out.

Posted by: Strangers in the Night ()
Date: June 26, 2017 02:51PM

A local contractor has rented many apartments in Fairfax County for the processing the bodies of the workers he killed to avoid paying them.

Posted by: A S Treacher ()
Date: June 26, 2017 03:09PM

Bring them hot Fish n' Chips and Grape Fanta...problem solved!

Posted by: Prance Mypants ()
Date: June 26, 2017 03:15PM

When the bedroom is a'rocking, don't come a'knocking.

When the mattress is a'squeaking, don't come a'peeking.

When your moms is a'moaning, don't come a'groaning.

When are legs are open wide, watch my long pecker glide.

Posted by: Flats ()
Date: June 26, 2017 03:19PM

Sounds like the same guy bitching about noise with the windows open. I'm betting you will experience a breaking and entry in near future.

Also, it's common for apartments dwellers to stomp the floor in order to communicate with neighbors regarding loud noise.

Apartments are terrible so don't expect any improvements in quality of life.

Posted by: apartment living ()
Date: June 26, 2017 03:26PM

That's just apartment living, it's the same if you live around blacks, whites or yellow people. Some buildings are better than others, get used to it or move.

Posted by: Orkin Man ()
Date: June 26, 2017 03:26PM

Got Cock Roaches?

Posted by: pgubw ()
Date: June 26, 2017 05:08PM

Yep. It's just the luck of the draw with apartment living.

Used to be an apartment dweller. Some months it was all good and then people would move in or out then it was ugly.

Posted by: Renter Today ()
Date: June 26, 2017 05:32PM

^^ Sadly, that's the way it works with apartment living. Pray to your chosen God that next tenants/neighbors do not start cooking their funky smelling ethnic food that will permeate your hallways & apartment that will drive you crazy. Good luck.

Posted by: Gagging Gourmet ()
Date: June 26, 2017 07:35PM

It is amazing the crap some people love to eat.

There is nothing better than walking into the hall of your apartment building after a hard day of work, and smelling the aroma of old world style, slow roasted ass.

Posted by: apartmentnoises ()
Date: June 26, 2017 08:23PM

Renter Today Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ^^ Sadly, that's the way it works with apartment
> living. Pray to your chosen God that next
> tenants/neighbors do not start cooking their funky
> smelling ethnic food that will permeate your
> hallways & apartment that will drive you crazy.
> Good luck.

I already have that, luckily you can only smell it if they opened the door recently and you're in the stairway.

Growing up I never ran or screamed indoors, it wasn't tolerated.

Everyone complains about the neighbor above them, but I'm complaining about the neighbor below! I know sound travels in all directions, but the force is going downwards and it's still very loud and vibrates my own floor*their ceiling* These apartments are small, so I have no clue how they can run around so much.

Date: June 26, 2017 08:28PM

As others have stated I guess this is just apartment life, but I'm getting a bit sick of the noise at 2am.

Date: June 27, 2017 12:34AM

OMG! I just had the BEST idea!!!

II'm gonna put these stink bombs under their front door welcome mat. When they step on the mat. the vials get crushed and they'll walk that putrid stench all over their apartment!!!

http://thejokeshack.com/stink-bombs/

I deserve the Nobel prize for that one!!!

Posted by: haha yeah ()
Date: June 27, 2017 12:36AM

Yeah, they prob post on here!!

Posted by: Father Mulvaney ()
Date: June 27, 2017 12:42AM

apartmentnoises Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Growing up I never ran or screamed indoors, it
> wasn't tolerated.

Gee, yeah, you DO sound like a beta... in fact,

you sound MORE like a choir boy!!

By any chance, did a priest get your cherry?

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: June 27, 2017 07:59AM

Not a good idea since you just posted it. Stupid.

Posted by: Ckcnfjxxjxb ()
Date: June 28, 2017 12:35PM

you live on top of them? jesus christ man grow some balls.

Go get a surround sound system, put the subwoofer facing down, unplug all the other speakers and turn that shit UP!

You have all the power

Posted by: a bitch gone be a bitch ()
Date: June 28, 2017 12:50PM

Go see a doctor for your anxiety and insomnia which is the real reason you're staying up at night. If you want to sleep, you will sleep once your mind is ready.

Posted by: Jizz on the door knob? ()
Date: June 29, 2017 12:24AM

Jizz on the door knob?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.