HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax Teen Suicide in Baltimore?
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: October 22, 2009 09:22AM

Still desperate to find out how his 16-year-old daughter died in Baltimore last year, a Fairfax County man drove to Baltimore this month to press auto theft charges against the young men who allegedly found Annie McCann, dumped her body and took her car. But Baltimore police intervened, no charges were filed, and the McCanns feel as if they still have no answers, the girl's father said.

Annie McCann, a junior at West Potomac High School, was found dead early Nov. 2 behind a dumpster near a Baltimore housing complex. After consulting with the Maryland medical examiner, Baltimore police said the teen's death was a suicide caused by drinking toxic amounts of the disinfectant Bactine, which contains the anesthetic lidocaine. Annie McCann had been carrying Bactine to keep her newly pierced ears from becoming infected, her parents said.

The suicide finding only compounded the McCanns' misery, and their confusion, because their daughter never went to Baltimore and didn't know anyone there.

The case is "still unresolved," Daniel McCann said Monday, releasing copies of a letter he sent to Baltimore Mayor Sheila Dixon; the auto theft complaint he intended to file against five people who he thinks went joy riding in his car after tossing his daughter's body out of it Nov. 1; and notes from a conversation he had with the head of the Baltimore police homicide unit, who dissuaded him from filing charges.

On Oct. 10, fearful that the statute of limitations would run out on an auto theft charge, McCann went to Baltimore and tried to file charges against the five young men who his investigators think discovered his Volvo sedan with his daughter in the back seat.

He was hopeful that bringing charges might persuade the men to provide more information about her death. While in the Baltimore court commissioner's office with a detailed affidavit, McCann received a call from Maj. Terry McLarney, who urged McCann not to file the charges.

McCann didn't. But he said the police have taken no action since, and his letter to Dixon has not been answered.

Anthony Guglielmi, spokesman for the Baltimore police, expressed sympathy for the family, but added that "our investigation revealed this is a suicide" and that arresting the alleged auto thieves would not have resolved Annie McCann's death. He said that DNA found on a Bactine bottle at the scene showed that Annie McCann's lips had been on the bottle, her fingerprints were on the bottle, and "that's pretty indicative of an overdose."

Guglielmi said there was no statute of limitations on auto theft, and that McCann was free to file the charges if he wanted. He said police were considering seeking misdemeanor charges of unauthorized use of a vehicle, because there was no proof of whether Annie McCann granted the young men permission to take the Volvo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax Teen Suicide in Baltimore?
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: October 22, 2009 09:53AM

Source?

Posted by: A FARSE ()
Date: October 22, 2009 09:59AM

Yeah here we go again! Hey stupid ass cops, did you ever think maybe she was forced to drink the bactine liquid. by a car load of teenage carjackers. Maybe thinking it was some type of alcohol or something that could incapactiaye her. She may have thought it would not hurt her to comply with such a demand. Also she was obviously in the area for drugs, and why does the father not know where his daughter was, who she was with, what she was doing especially in that part if town. Oh yeah fuck the police for cohersing the father to not do what he thought was right and pressing those charges against those individuals immediately. Because time is critical, so I would consider talking to a lawyer about the I'll advice he recieved from the detective. Although it won't bring his daughter back back. Just another example of Baltimores inner city youth finest! Hey I gotta idea, let's put these guys in a head start program and give them an unfair advantage over other kids, because of thier color. And give them frontsies at
the college entrance doors and when it comes time for these fine examples of society to apply for jobs make sure they get racial prefference so they are offered a position before a white man of equal or greater skill. Oh yeah and don't forget to offer them job security by making all employers fearfull of racial discrimination lawsuits if they think about firing them for any reason so they have a guaranteed job for life. I love this quote from TUPACAMIS SHAKURAMIS. He said "I'm a black man in a white mans world" what a joke. It's like we are starting to live in a smile and nod nation where anything goes.... Except for the white man that is.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 22, 2009 10:06AM

Is it a full moon tonite?

A FARSE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah here we go again! Hey stupid ass cops, did
> you ever think maybe she was forced to drink the
> bactine liquid. by a car load of teenage
> carjackers. Maybe thinking it was some type of
> alcohol or something that could incapactiaye her.
> She may have thought it would not hurt her to
> comply with such a demand. Also she was obviously
> in the area for drugs, and why does the father not
> know where his daughter was, who she was with,
> what she was doing especially in that part if
> town. Oh yeah fuck the police for cohersing the
> father to not do what he thought was right and
> pressing those charges against those individuals
> immediately. Because time is critical, so I would
> consider talking to a lawyer about the I'll advice
> he recieved from the detective. Although it won't
> bring his daughter back back. Just another example
> of Baltimores inner city youth finest! Hey I gotta
> idea, let's put these guys in a head start program
> and give them an unfair advantage over other kids,
> because of thier color. And give them frontsies
> at
> the college entrance doors and when it comes time
> for these fine examples of society to apply for
> jobs make sure they get racial prefference so they
> are offered a position before a white man of equal
> or greater skill. Oh yeah and don't forget to
> offer them job security by making all employers
> fearfull of racial discrimination lawsuits if they
> think about firing them for any reason so they
> have a guaranteed job for life. I love this quote
> from TUPACAMIS SHAKURAMIS. He said "I'm a black
> man in a white mans world" what a joke. It's like
> we are starting to live in a smile and nod nation
> where anything goes.... Except for the white man
> that is.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 22, 2009 11:05AM

Pgens, that article or ones like it have been in all the major locals this week, fwiw.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 22, 2009 12:58PM

something seems a bit off. i get the feeling that someone that was in the car is being protected from legal action.

besides the girl, who was in the car?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: DNA ()
Date: October 22, 2009 01:29PM

In 20 plus years of dealing with DNA evidence, I never knew you could tell what body part it came from.. You can not. Touch DNA can come from anywhere and it can not be said what body part it came from. To an investigator in say a case of rape, where the suspects DNA is found is more importain. Any expert will tell you the DNA in the cells of your hand is the same as in your lips hair and feet for that matter

Posted by: farse ()
Date: November 02, 2009 07:13PM

Dude get a life, you are racist. Mybe you had a bad experience but you are crazy of you think others are taking your job. The way the economy is no one has a job. Who is yo say who the job belongs too, it shouldnt matter race, just who is more qualified or who employers want to hire. Most of the time its who they fill will be a fit for the position and the company.

Please get over yourself, stop point fingers, be a man and take blame for your shortcomings. Can we all just get along?

Oh I agree DNA evedence can't tell you what part of the body it came from unless, saliva. Futhermore, she may ave been forced to drink it. I would think that it didnt taste very good, and it probably burnt while going down.

Border Security is CHEAPER Than Wars
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: November 02, 2009 07:17PM

I read this today in the Post. It seems strange the family found two letters that mention suicide but then wouldn't believe she would have taken her own life.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2015 07:16PM by WingNut.

Posted by: go to the Post when things dont go your way ()
Date: November 02, 2009 07:31PM

WingNut Wrote:
> I read this today in the Post. It seems strange
> the family found two letters that mention suicide
> but then wouldn't believe she would have taken her
> own life.

Another Fairfax county couple who are in denial about their childs problems and want to blame the rest of the world for an incident that most people would take at face value,

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 02, 2009 08:57PM

go to the Post when things dont go your way Wrote:
> WingNut Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> > I read this today in the Post. It seems strange
> > the family found two letters that mention suicide
> > but then wouldn't believe she would have taken her
> > own life.
>
>
> Another Fairfax county couple who are in denial
> about their childs problems and want to blame the
> rest of the world for an incident that most people
> would take at face value,

+1

file.php?2,file=4819
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.