HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
ZORN FIRED!!!
Posted by: burgundyskin ()
Date: October 18, 2009 11:25PM

Jim Zorn is going to relinquish offensive play-calling duties, the team has announced.

Zorn met with Redskins executive vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato after Sunday’s 14-6 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

After the meeting, it was decided that Zorn would turn over play calling to another member of the coaching staff.

Cerrato believes that Zorn has too many other responsibilities and that he would be better served by letting another coach serve as play caller.

Zorn agreed with the decision, team officials said.

The new play caller will be identified after a Monday morning meeting.

Among the candidates are offensive coordinator Sherman Smith, offensive consultant Sherman Lewis and assistant head coach-running backs Stump Mitchell.

The Redskins’ offense struggled in a 14-6 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.

Playing against the NFL’s 32nd-ranked defense, the offense posted 265 yards of total offense, 147 passing yards and seven first downs.

Campbell completed 9-of-16 passes for 89 yards and one interception before he was benched.

In the second half, Collins guided the offense to two field goals but otherwise was stifled as well. He finished the game with 6-of-14 completions for 75 yards.

Third down was a problem for the Redskins. The offense converted just 2-of-14 third downs in the game.

Asked about his struggling offense, Zorn said: “It’s my fault. I have to be better. It truly irritates me. I’m not going to rest until I get it taken care of.”

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/In_Aftermath_of_Chiefs_Game__Zorn_Gives_Up_Play_Calling_71142.jsp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ZORN FIRED!!!
Posted by: boredom ()
Date: October 19, 2009 07:43AM

Dumbass. He wasn't fired. He is still the head coach of the team. He is no longer the offensive play caller, but he is still the head coach.

Learn to actually comprehend when you read. Only after you've done that are you allowed to make posts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 07:44AM by boredom.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.