HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234AllNext
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Dan Meier is lower than scum
Posted by: CLASS OF 2011 ()
Date: October 21, 2009 05:33PM

Fairfax 22032,

It looks as if you have gotten all those outstanding academic awards, but your life still sucks a fat one. Someone of your caliber education shouldn't be blogging like this for a living, you should be doing something meaningful with your life. I guarantee I have already had more real fun then you in life, and I'm a junior in high school. From your point of view, I may not have though because you seem to really enjoy being a class a asshole sitting at your computer all day. Go play a sport. Get your fat ass out of that recliner you have in front of your computer, and put that high tech mind to use. I can't see why you'd care so much about something not involving you at all. I do like how you use correct grammar in your posts, it's cute. I made sure to try my hardest to use correct grammar, but I must agree with the teacher that I couldn't care less about all of my classes ecept weight training. Kids just don't care anymore. Last, I love Mr. Meier. I have read all the articles that I know are out there, and it doesn't look like much is going to happen to him, as it shouldn't. Now I know your already thinking up what to say back, and I want you to time yourself. Then when your done responding, think about how much time you've wasted in your life posting comments on this, and i hope you cry. Go smoke some weed or something, you clearly have a lot of stress that you've decided to take out on my man Mr. Meier. I must be getting back to my life now, I'v already wasted too much time of it on you.

Sincerely,
THE MAN

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dan Meier
Posted by: TRT ()
Date: October 21, 2009 06:38PM

It is so disheartening to see many of these posts. I logged on to this site, along with several others, trying to understand what had occurred after hearing rumors today. I am wondering how many of you with the pejorative, vulgar, and judgmental viewpoints go to a place of worship every week and profess to be Christians? What a sad place this world is... I don't know the Meier family, but they do not deserve this kind of treatment. So, to the Meier family: Keep your chins up and always remember--it's not other people's opinions that matter, it's what you know and believe to be true.

Re: Dan Meier
Posted by: RSS Mom ()
Date: October 21, 2009 08:00PM

I have had a student at Robinson for the last four years. I believe Dan Meier to be a man of integrity and honesty. I believe his son's response is an accurate portrayal of events, and I pray for this nice family. What a shame. Imagine how it would feel if the community were discussing YOUR private life. It sickens me to read the rude comments on this site, especially those that point fingers at Mr. Meier's children. No teenager is perfect, and heaven help us the day we are judged by our children's mistakes. Finally, remember this: the judge, who knows the law better than any of us do, threw out the case. I stand by our excellent principal. He is a man of integrity.

Posted by: teddybear ()
Date: October 21, 2009 08:08PM

If this man had any control/supervision over his administrators, staff, etc. then there wouldn't have been 2 fights in the past 2 days at the school...These folks need to be out patrolling the hall as do the police who are supposedly working there during the day--were probably having their morning doughnuts.

He needs to put his tall between his legs and just leave..Hope the door doesn't hit him in the ass on the way out

Posted by: Robinson Class of 2011 ()
Date: October 21, 2009 08:08PM

Mr.Meier is a pretty cool guy and he's nice to everyone. I'm friends with his son joe and nothing bad should be said about ANY of his kids no matter what. And for the guy who moved from Mass. Fairfak 22032 go suck a dick and move back there you're probably just like most of the parents who are bad talking him and you're probably a big fucking two-faced bitch. I believe as of now he is innocent because he hasnt been proven guilty. I hope you get in trouble one day or your kids get in trouble and you know what it feels like. AND YOU STILL HAVE'T SAID WHAT YOUR NAME IS!!!!!!!!!!! Mr. Meier is awesome. RAM PRIDE

INNOCENT
Posted by: HOPE ()
Date: October 21, 2009 08:20PM

FAIRFAX,22032 ARE YOU SICK OR FAT?

Re: INNOCENT
Posted by: hope ()
Date: October 21, 2009 08:24PM

HOPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FAIRFAX,22032 I AM TALKIING TO YOU

Dan Meier is a Con Man
Posted by: FCPS Parent ()
Date: October 21, 2009 08:39PM

Meier is a con man - pure and simple. Of course you Ram fans love him - that's what con men do - make you fall in love with them. Now how about that Jim Jones Kool Aide - lift your cups and drink to Dan Meier!

If I were a teacher that fell for his act, I'd be really pissed off.

When are we going to find out that he has a tent in his Fairfax Station back yard with a couple of teenage girls in them for his own delight?

Do you think I'm kidding. THIS GUY IS A CROOK.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: October 21, 2009 08:43PM

Robinson Class of 2011 Wrote:
> Mr.Meier is a pretty cool guy and he's nice to
> everyone. I'm friends with his son joe and nothing
> bad should be said about ANY of his kids no matter
> what. And for the guy who moved from Mass.
> Fairfak 22032 go suck a dick and move back there
> you're probably just like most of the parents who
> are bad talking him and you're probably a big
> fucking two-faced bitch. I believe as of now he is
> innocent because he hasnt been proven guilty. I
> hope you get in trouble one day or your kids get
> in trouble and you know what it feels like. AND
> YOU STILL HAVE'T SAID WHAT YOUR NAME IS!!!!!!!!!!!
> Mr. Meier is awesome. RAM PRIDE

Yes. Ram Pride all the way. Ram Pride for our criminal principal ("but he's SOOO nice"). Ram Pride for Hitler. Ram Pride for Osama Bin Laden. Ram Pride indeed.

Posted by: alum ()
Date: October 21, 2009 08:52PM

First off, I would like to ask all of the kids currently at Robinson to just shut up unless you are going to say something semi-intelligent. Saying things like "go suck a dick" and calling people "big fucking two-faced bitches" does not add anything to the forum except possibly lowering the average intellect of everyone in here. It seems like the class of 2011 is being represented rather poorly. To CLASS of 2011 the kid who said he only cares about weight training- you are a dumbass. You established yourself as a meathead and nothing else. Getting good grades while playing football was never a problem for me or many of my friends, and now I'm playing in college. Do your homework instead of posting on stupid forums. And to Teddybear, honestly, Robinson averages probably like 2 legitimate fights a year. I'm willing to bet the fights you are talking about consisted of maybe 3 punches. If you knew anything about Robinson you would know fighting is one thing that has never been a problem at Robinson. There is much less of that than other schools. Even if it is a legitimate problem I wouldn't put that on Mr. Meier, I would put that on Ms. Corbin. So to all of you meatheads, save it for the locker room and spare us.

Now to the actual problem at hand. I admit I am just another testimony here, but its worth posting. I have the privilege of knowing the entire Meier family. This has allowed me to get to know Mr. Meier on a more personal level. When I was down I could always count on him giving me a smile, a pat on the back, even the occasional candy bar. He was always willing to talk, be it in school or at any number of the extra-curricular activities he attended. In the summer before I left for college I ran into a little bit of trouble. I wasn't even his obligation anymore, and he was willing to help before I even asked. I trusted him fully. By trusting him, I came to trust his administration. I don't care what direction the scores are going at Robinson, while I was there trusting my teachers and my administration was extremely important to me. And with the declining scores at Robinson, maybe its not the result of the administration, but maybe it is the result of parents spending too much time meddling in other peoples affairs on a stupid internet forum thus setting a poor example on their children. Like the FCPS teacher said, set a good example, get off the internet and read a book. It starts with the parents, not the principle. Reading back on what I have written, I noticed I used I used the past tense on the word trust. This is wrong; I trust Mr. Meier. I trust Mr. Meier, Mrs. Meier, Mike, Timmy, Joe and Mary. I trust what Mike said to be true. I am behind him 100 %. He is a good man and there are damn few of them in this world. My prayers are with Mr. Meier. And to those of you attacking his family, get a brain, get a heart, and get a life.

Posted by: Alter Boy ()
Date: October 21, 2009 08:57PM

alum Wrote:

>
> Now to the actual problem at hand. I admit I am
> just another testimony here, but its worth
> posting. I have the privilege of knowing the
> entire Meier family. This has allowed me to get to
> know Mr. Meier on a more personal level. When I
> was down I could always count on him giving me a
> smile, a pat on the back, even the occasional
> candy bar. He was always willing to talk, be it in
> school or at any number of the extra-curricular
> activities he attended. In the summer before I
> left for college I ran into a little bit of
> trouble.

I really thought a this point that the post was headed into even more criminal territory. Disappointing.

Posted by: classof2012 ()
Date: October 21, 2009 09:13PM

well i think this is really stupid all the things that are being said. honestly for those kids to have to get on this and read what all you immature people out there are saying about him. you dont even no if its true or not. it was stated what happend by mike earlier and if you read its been over with for over a month so leave Mr. Meier and the Meire family alone. Mr.Meier is a great man he does not deserve to be written about like this, its rude and for 3 of the Meier kids to get on this and see what you people are saying about him is not right. dont try to bring things that have nothing to do with what this blog is even about up... you are sick.. MR.MEIER IS THE MAN! & he is not leaving robinson hes a great guy! RAM PRIDE ALL THE WAY!!

Posted by: The Man ()
Date: October 21, 2009 09:44PM

Okay alum, I still do get good grades. Just because I don't care about my grades doesn't mean i don't get straight a's. I also am talking to multiple schools about a scholarship for my sport. But hey, I'm a meathead. I would have thought someone as sophisticated as yourself would have moved on from his robinson years...guess not. And there aren't any fights at Robinson, the idiot who said that was referring to a kid coming from behind another, hitting in the back of the head, and then getting punched twice by the kid he hit. It was immeadiatly broken up. The second, a girl tackled another girl, and they were immeadiatly ripped off each other. Both concerning the extremely immature freshman class who thinks they're tighter then spandex pants, but that's beyond the point. Robinson is fine just how it is, and no change is needed by switching the principle. And to all of the parents that are bad talking Mr. Meier, stop. You're too scared to put your real name, but you'll bad talk a great man and HIS FAMILY? That's just wrong. And having a junior tell you that your acting immature should really get you thinking. Grow up.

Date: October 21, 2009 09:45PM

RAM PRIDE.

Posted by: spella ()
Date: October 21, 2009 10:02PM

Let's get one thing clear.

The head of a school is a Principal (I remember learning that this person is your pal, so remember it ends in pal)

To define meaning would be to point out the principle or main point.

It is hard to take some of these sincere posts seriously when this important word is spelled wrong. It is a kinda funny (and sad) relection on Ram Pride.

I know, I know....phuck me!

Date: October 21, 2009 10:08PM

The Man, I'm willing to bet you play football. If you do I was in the program the same time as you. Honestly, there wasn't much of a point for me to say that. Also, this is big news. A non-Robinson kid brought it to my attention. Its not just Robinson news. Even if you don't think you will ever give a thought about your old high school ever again once you graduate, I'm willing to bet you would be concerned if you found out on of your good friend's dad was in this kind of situation. In any event, you and I both agree on the Mr. Meier situation, so arguing amongst ourselves is stupid. Haha and yes, I did start it. Mr. Meier is the man. oh and....ram pride

Date: October 21, 2009 10:10PM

Shit I did spell principal wrong....good thing I have such nice friends on this forum to correct me!

Posted by: spella ()
Date: October 21, 2009 10:32PM

Hey Hun. You're welcome. Thanks you for not saying phuck you to me. I would have needed a hug too.

Posted by: simon says ()
Date: October 21, 2009 11:04PM

Simon says....

This blog is pointless now andd everyone is either argueing for or against the same exact thing. Sorry people, but as a product of the me genereation, i'm bored and so this needs to go. Bring on the next media frenzied, crowd overreacting, half-sided news article about someone in the area. Its DC, we know tomorrow's just gonna have another story like this about someone else we all may know.

Boredem= Terminate

Posted by: www.total-rm.net ()
Date: October 22, 2009 12:31AM

Took me a few minutes to find but below is what Meier actually said about TRM. His "testimonial" was posted for all the world to see (and rely on) on the TRM website:

"I decided to buy from TRM because the value of coastal real estate, pre-construction pricing and no initial out-of-pocket expenses. I base my continued relationship with TRM on faith in their knowledge, insight, and decision-making, as well as my positive previous experiences with the team."

Danny Meier – High School Principal

You can read Meier's inspiring endorsement for yourself here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20070630064727/www.total-rm.net/about-trm/success-stories-and-testimonials.html

Notice that this is an archive site as the original website is long gone from the internet.

Class of of 2010 and Beyond: As the person who owned TRM that Meier is endorsing above (Mark Dain) will soon be doing significant jail time, I suggest that you forego asking your principal for a college recommendation letter no matter how much of a man you may think he is.

Posted by: Fairfax22032 ()
Date: October 22, 2009 08:41AM

CLASS OF 2011 Wrote:
> Fairfax 22032,
>
> It looks as if you have gotten all those
> outstanding academic awards, but your life still
> sucks a fat one. Someone of your caliber education
> shouldn't be blogging like this for a living, you
> should be doing something meaningful with your
> life.

While I do maintain two blogs, I hardly consider it how I make my living - it is simply a diversion during the day. Plus, you must not spend much time on FFXU since there are people who spend WAY more time than me here. You should have seen the activity during the redistricting study last year. Look up 'Neen' if you want to see someone who needs to get a life.

> From your point of view, I may not have though
> because you seem to really enjoy being a class a
> asshole sitting at your computer all day. Go play
> a sport. Get your fat ass out of that recliner you
> have in front of your computer, and put that high
> tech mind to use.

How would you feel if you learned that I am responding while using the treadmill this morning? Don't worry about me being active, I get out plenty - scuba diving, snowboarding (no freestyle or terrain park, however) and I competed in my first triathlon this summer.

> I can't see why you'd care so
> much about something not involving you at all.

While I am not personally involved in this, it does concern me as a Fairfax County taxpayer (you know that people like me and your parents provide most of the financial support to FCPS, right?) as I believe that we should have people with integrity in these positions.

> Go smoke some weed or something, you clearly have a
> lot of stress that you've decided to take out on
> my man Mr. Meier.

I guess that you missed the lessons on ATOD during health class - weed is bad for you.

Posted by: Spotty ()
Date: October 22, 2009 09:35AM

FCPS Principal = USED CAR SALESMAN

Perfect analogy of every one of them I have met or heard of lately....whose fault is that? Do they teach them Showmanship in Principal School?

Posted by: exram2010 ()
Date: October 22, 2009 10:38AM

People seem to be forgetting that the case involving Dan Meier was thrown out of court. Mrs. Pisner, the lawyer for the plantiff's is lower than scum. She can't win her case in court, so she decides to go to the papers. A scumy paper like the Examiner fits her nicely.

Posted by: ex ram parent ()
Date: October 22, 2009 11:29AM

Dan Meier is and has always been a horrific principal, but worse than that is the population of students and parents who don't expect or demand better. Robinson has some really abusive teachers and because there is no real supervision and parents simply will put up with anything, no one is called on it, and the quality of instruction sucks. Parents need to stand up to bad teachers and not condone criminality among administrators and Meier isn't the only criminal there, there needs to be a "throwing out of the bums", very corrupt place. When Ann Monday was there soooo much better, Parents demand better, my fear is that they will replace Meier with someone worse-Yarbourough for example.

Posted by: rising senior josh L ()
Date: October 22, 2009 11:38AM

pricipil meier totaly rox. who cares what the hell he did. if ppl lost money theyd prolly deserved it. he has always been nice to me an my friends so i know there is no way at all he could be guilty. if your gonna sit here and judge the man then atleast post youre real names and stop being such pussys. we love you pricipil meier and let us know if there are anything we can do to help you with this or on this site. i am helping some of my other friends write u messages and we are going to post them soon to show you that we support you in this time which i know is difficult for u and you're family

Posted by: Fun Adventurer ()
Date: October 22, 2009 11:47AM

CLASS OF 2011 Wrote:
> Fairfax 22032,
>
> It looks as if you have gotten all those
> outstanding academic awards, but your life still
> sucks a fat one. Someone of your caliber education
> shouldn't be blogging like this for a living, you
> should be doing something meaningful with your
> life. I guarantee I have already had more real fun
> then you in life, and I'm a junior in high school.

Dude now why have you had more fun than me.

1) I've sleep with four girls at once.
2) Had sex on a beach in Jamaica while smoking a big fatty.
3) Been to Mardi Gras three times.
4) Spring Break in Fort Lauderdale before they put down all the laws.
5) Flown in an F-15 fighter jet.
6) Raced an Indy Car on the Daytona track.
7) Been to Vegas over a hundred times.
8) Saw AC\DC and several Grateful Dead concerts.

The list goes on....

Posted by: fcps detractor ()
Date: October 22, 2009 11:52AM

22032- you are absolutely right. The challenge Index, tho just one indicator, is a significant one and since it does measure how many students take the IB/AP test shows, in many ways, how stimulating or encouraging the learning environment is,and I can tell you-it isn't. And to the teacher who supports Meier for some reason, (point not made well, seems arbitrary), I would love to show you how to teach your class- I do workshops on theoretical framework of education but since Robinson thinks it knows how to do it (create a toxic learning environment) they just chug along and get worse, and I have watched the decline of Robinson since the leadership became nothing but football oriented. We need a real educational leader not a used car salesman who, I guess, was a good football coach.

Posted by: Forgive and forget ()
Date: October 22, 2009 12:59PM

Dan Meier is a loving and forgiving administrator. Just ask the 134 kids that were punished by him last year.

8 received long-term suspensions
9 received modified expulsion
117 received short-term suspension

Just 18 kids received no punishments-football players?

And btw, to the poster who claimed there were no fights at this school. Last year there were 70 offenses against students and 6 against staff.

Dan deserves the same compassion as these kids got.

Posted by: hope ()
Date: October 22, 2009 01:55PM

I HOPE NOT!
I NEED TO CHANGE SCHOOL
someone worse-Yarbourough for example.

Posted by: Former Ram Parent ()
Date: October 22, 2009 02:17PM

We, too, have seen the school decline over the past few years and have pulled our girls out. There is no accountability with some in the administration and teaching staff, the culture is unhealthy, and punishment is doled out in a suspicious manner. "Ex Ram Parent", you are correct in asserting that if Meier is replaced with Yarborough the school will be even worse.

Date: October 22, 2009 07:28PM

That is quite the cute little list you got going there. Here's how i interpret that:

You took a little nap with a few ugly whores in the same bed while they were passed out drunk.
The sex sounds nice in jamaca, especially the part where u smoked a fatty full of mids.
You went to Mardi Gras to take advantage of the drunk whores becuase that's all you can get.
You've been to fort lauderdale, i'v been to amsterdam.
The jet is tight, not gonna lie.
I could care less about driving a fast car, my car is just fine.
I'm not over 18, so Vegas means nothing to me.
And i'm not into rock concerts, so i couldn't give less of a shit about your AC/DC bullshit.

Date: October 22, 2009 07:31PM

And if Yarburough took over at Robinson, it would be more of a military school then a secondary school. Not a chance that would work out for the better. Meier does just a fine job and he needs to stay.

Posted by: Former Ram Parent 2 ()
Date: October 22, 2009 07:59PM

Don't panic. Mr. Meier will be replaced by an outsider. Hopefully, his corrupt cronies will follow him out the door when Robinson's "dirty little secrets" will be exposed. Years ago I was proud to be a Ram - now I am embarrassed.

Posted by: Fairfax 22032 ()
Date: October 22, 2009 09:53PM

Fine I admit I have nothing better to do then to complain about some high school principal. The only reason I'm doing all this is because i was a huge loser in high school and like to see people get in trouble. my kids are just like that.

Posted by: Class of 2011 ()
Date: October 22, 2009 09:55PM

Warwhawk your a loser suck a dick

Date: October 22, 2009 10:31PM

Fairfax 22032 Wrote:
> Fine I admit I have nothing better to do then to
> complain about some high school principal. The
> only reason I'm doing all this is because i was a
> huge loser in high school and like to see people
> get in trouble. my kids are just like that.

If you are going to hijack my name at least spell it right...there is no space between Fairfax and 22032.

Posted by: Danny Boy ()
Date: October 23, 2009 12:57AM

I hear that they have lined up Deborah Hernandez to come in to "call plays" at Robinson, while leaving Meier with the other "head coaching" duties. It shouldn't be long, however, before Hernandez is named VP of Operations, and General Manager, at Robinson.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: October 23, 2009 05:07AM

Class of 2011 Wrote:
> Warwhawk your a loser suck a dick

RAM PRIDE.

Posted by: MrMephisfo ()
Date: October 23, 2009 05:15AM

Hello everybody! I am a HOMOSEXUAL! Are there any others like my self out there?

------------------------------
I am now in controll of your internets. http://www.ipnow.org/

Posted by: Mr Pace ()
Date: October 23, 2009 07:46AM

PISNER IS THE REAL CON WOMAN HERE. SHE AND HER FIRM HAVE HUSTLED ALL THESE TEACHERS OUT OF THEIR RETIREMENT. THEY HAVE LOST THIS CASE. SHE LIED ABOUT MEIR AND THE JUDGE SAW THRU HER BULLSHIT. GO TELL ALL THESE STUPID TEACHERS THAT THEY LOST THE CASE.

Posted by: idontknow ()
Date: October 23, 2009 10:30AM

Ignoring all the childish posts, for the life of me I can't get over the following issues as it relates to this matter;

1) No one has disputed that Dan Meier accepted/earned referral fees of $10,000 to $25,000 per lot on about 35 to 50 sales, plus speaker fees of $1,000 per seminar. This is a large sum of $$ (anywhere from $350K - 1.25MM).

This "finders fee" was not disclosed to his colleagues/investors. Don't you think they would have liked to have known? Do you think that might have changed their opinion of the deal and the type of company TRM was?

While I appreciate all the testimonials concerning Dan Meier, the fact is taking/accepting $$ from the promoter based on referals is where Dan Meier was wrong and should be held accountable for...when you do that, you become a promoter. Besides violating certain HUD & SEC rules (in summary, an agent cannot give a referral fee to anyone who is not a licensed agent), this is very unethical, particularly someone like Mr. Meier who was a well respected public figure and trusted colleague.

I am not implying that Dan Meier was aware of the ponzi scheme. I would assume he was not...

2) The civil lawsuit filed by the property owners was not dropped or lost. Here are the quotes from Dan Meier's attorney - The Meier brothers' bankruptcy proceedings have stayed the civil lawsuit against them filed by property buyers in the scheme, said Shachter.

They did not drop the suit, he said. "They had no choice. When an individual files bankruptcy, all other court proceedings are stayed."

I could go on but in opinion, while unfortunate, FCPS system has no choice but to relief Dan Meier of his duties...

Posted by: i don't know has a point ()
Date: October 23, 2009 10:56AM

I don't know - I assume that he could have accepted finders fees or commissions if those were fully disclosed to purchasers and he was lawfully licensed to receive them in the appropriate jurisdiction (e.g., a Realtor). But since it appears none of these contingencies were met, there was some poor judgment (at a minimum) used here.

I do think it a problem above and beyond any legal issues. It is a distraction from leading an institution properly.

I am not sure I think the other over the top criticisms of the man are fair or balanced.

And as far as academic quality, that should be the subject of an ongoing discussion and addressed irrespective of any ancillary "scandals" such as this one.

Demographics drive so much of school performance. Have they changed in the Robinson district over the past years?

Posted by: billy teh kid ()
Date: October 23, 2009 11:16AM

hmmm...interesting point by the recent poster and only further polarizes the situation at hand.

i.e.

logic and sound reasoning VS. biased, emotion based character testimonials from current and ex students

what a tug of war we have here

Date: October 23, 2009 11:33AM

i don't know has a point Wrote:
> Demographics drive so much of school performance.
> Have they changed in the Robinson district over
> the past years?

From what I can tell the Robinson sending area has been largely unaffected unlike schools like Hayfield, Chantilly and South Lakes. There has been limited infill development and really no changes in the feeder schools. While demographics may change over time, I don't think that think that there has been an increase in the F&RL or ESL populations.

While my children were actively engaged with IB, I believe that that emphasis over AP is one factor which has a negative impact. I believe that many of the IB teachers, especially in English and history are outstanding, but feel that AP is more inclusive and would benefit a larger population. The Challenge Index has been criticized, but if you look at the FCPS high schools above Robinson few if any are IB schools and those that are are much smaller (Marshall comes to mind).

Posted by: Area Man ()
Date: October 23, 2009 12:07PM

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!!!!

Date: October 23, 2009 03:26PM

San Dimas high school sucks cock. Nobody has even heard of your shitty school. Get outta here.

Re: My Dad
Posted by: Sloppy Reporting Has Caused Great Harm ()
Date: October 24, 2009 01:15AM

This story is erroneous in part and damaging to the reputation of a fine person. "Caught" in the headline implies actual guilt. "Alleged" fraud would have been more accurate. The fact that the FBI is not likely to investigate Danny Meier is buried near the end of the story. Anyone can sue anyone else in this country of ours for practically anything. It does not mean the person sued is guilty. Nowhere in this article does it say that the lawsuit was dismissed by the judge in the preliminary stages, which is very sloppy reporting by this tabloid newspaper.
Land and building developers buy low and sell high as do many other private businesses. It's part of free-enterprise capitalism. If Danny Meier thought the project was valuable, and invested his own money, he had every right to inform others, lend his name and collect fees without disclosing same. The story does not say whether or not he invested his own money, and how much in the project, but he did. More sloppy reporting. When the housing bubble slowed and burst from 2006-2008, many people lost money who counted on the value of their property going up and up. The story does not mention that fact. Investments that promise great wealth quickly are risky. Those who invested in high-risk, high-profit mutual funds and 401K retirement packages understand this well. They lost a greater percentage of their investments in the current recession and economic crisis than those who chose less risky funds and packages.
Danny Meier is a fine human being, leader, and dynamic, experienced principal who motivates and encourages students to excel. He won 3 Virginia state football championships as a high school coach at 2 different schools, and has risen through the system as a teacher, coach, counselor, director of student services, assistant principal, and principal of two different Fairfax County schools. This sloppy reporter, and whoever approached the reporter in the first place, if with half-truths and innuendoes, may bear great responsibility for recklessly and maliciously smearing the reputation of a fine person, fanning the flames of resentment, jealousy and envy in others, and damaging his chances of promotion and future earnings. Now that may be a potential lawsuit with merit.

Re: My Dad.
Posted by: Sloppy Reporting Has Caused Great Harm ()
Date: October 24, 2009 01:20AM

This story is erroneous in part and damaging to the reputation of a fine person. "Caught" in the headline implies actual guilt. "Alleged" fraud would have been more accurate. The fact that the FBI is not likely to investigate Danny Meier is buried near the end of the story. Anyone can sue anyone else in this country of ours for practically anything. It does not mean the person sued is guilty. Nowhere in this article does it say that the lawsuit was dismissed by the judge in the preliminary stages, which is very sloppy reporting by this tabloid newspaper.
Land and building developers buy low and sell high as do many other private businesses. It's part of free-enterprise capitalism. If Danny Meier thought the project was valuable, and invested his own money, he had every right to inform others, lend his name and collect fees without disclosing same. The story does not say whether or not he invested his own money, and how much in the project, but he did. More sloppy reporting. When the housing bubble slowed and burst from 2006-2008, many people lost money who counted on the value of their property going up and up. The story does not mention that fact. Investments that promise great wealth quickly are risky. Those who invested in high-risk, high-profit mutual funds and 401K retirement packages understand this well. They lost a greater percentage of their investments in the current recession and economic crisis than those who chose less risky funds and packages.
Danny Meier is a fine human being, leader, and dynamic, experienced principal who motivates and encourages students to excel. He won 3 Virginia state football championships as a high school coach at 2 different schools, and has risen through the system as a teacher, coach, counselor, director of student services, assistant principal, and principal of two different Fairfax County schools. This sloppy reporter, and whoever approached the reporter in the first place, if with half-truths and innuendoes, may bear great responsibility for recklessly and maliciously smearing the reputation of a fine person, fanning the flames of resentment, jealousy and envy in others, and damaging his chances of promotion and future earnings. Now that may be a potential lawsuit with merit.

Posted by: sorry, but ()
Date: October 24, 2009 06:36AM

You haven't addressed any of the points in idontknow's post. Meier took the money and the lawsuit was stopped by the bankruptcy filed in self defense. Those points remain serious concerns.

Too bad for the Meier's and all involved. This story is not about the media, whether good or bad, but it's about the Meiers and what should be done in the future given the situation.

Posted by: outsider ()
Date: October 24, 2009 07:03AM

idontknow Wrote:
> Ignoring all the childish posts, for the life of
> me I can't get over the following issues as it
> relates to this matter;
>
> 1) No one has disputed that Dan Meier
> accepted/earned referral fees of $10,000 to
> $25,000 per lot on about 35 to 50 sales, plus
> speaker fees of $1,000 per seminar. This is a
> large sum of $$ (anywhere from $350K - 1.25MM).
>
> This "finders fee" was not disclosed to his
> colleagues/investors. Don't you think they would
> have liked to have known? Do you think that might
> have changed their opinion of the deal and the
> type of company TRM was?
>
> While I appreciate all the testimonials concerning
> Dan Meier, the fact is taking/accepting $$ from
> the promoter based on referals is where Dan Meier
> was wrong and should be held accountable
> for...when you do that, you become a promoter.
> Besides violating certain HUD & SEC rules (in
> summary, an agent cannot give a referral fee to
> anyone who is not a licensed agent), this is very
> unethical, particularly someone like Mr. Meier who
> was a well respected public figure and trusted
> colleague.
>
> I am not implying that Dan Meier was aware of the
> ponzi scheme. I would assume he was not...
>
> 2) The civil lawsuit filed by the property owners
> was not dropped or lost. Here are the quotes from
> Dan Meier's attorney - The Meier brothers'
> bankruptcy proceedings have stayed the civil
> lawsuit against them filed by property buyers in
> the scheme, said Shachter.
>
> They did not drop the suit, he said. "They had no
> choice. When an individual files bankruptcy, all
> other court proceedings are stayed."
>
> I could go on but in opinion, while unfortunate,
> FCPS system has no choice but to relief Dan Meier
> of his duties...

I have no dog in this fight, but having slogged through all these posts, I must say that idontknow may have the most convincing post. It bears repeating, for all who claim that the Court has exonerated the individual in question: "When an individual files bankruptcy, all other court proceedings are stayed."

Posted by: new suit ()
Date: October 24, 2009 08:55AM

New lawsuit starting next week. The plantiffs that came after Meier are now going to sue Pisner and her firm for taking money under false pretenses. When will these teachers take responsibility for their actions. What are they teaching our children about accountability?? The school board should investigate all teachers that bought any property over the last three years. Why are there only fairfax teachers involved here. I thought fairfax was an elite county. Dont see any stafford teachers or prince william teachers involved. Oh, they must be smarter. No its because they dont blame people for their actions in life. I guess all we are raising in fairfax are a bunch of future whiny blamers. Meier dont take this shit. Fight back and sue everyone. Maybe Jill Pisner will take your case. No she sucks. But i hear she is a great realtor.

Posted by: nada ()
Date: October 24, 2009 10:26AM

"Zero Tolerance" is how FCPS describes the way they handle certain infractions. There is no discussion. Mr. Meier, you know exactly what that means. In theory, the concept is a good idea to maintain a level of civility. Drugs are not permitted on campus, that includes an aspirin. Right, Mr. Meier? If you moved here from another state and did not know that rule and you put an aspirin in your pocket, zero tolerance. Right Mr. Meier? Come on, you know what I mean.

The same rule applies in the big boy world. Ignorance of law is no excuse. Right, Mr. Meier?

Date: October 24, 2009 10:50AM

new suit Wrote:
> New lawsuit starting next week. The plantiffs that
> came after Meier are now going to sue Pisner and
> her firm for taking money under false pretenses.
> When will these teachers take responsibility for
> their actions.

Could you provide some proof of this forthcoming lawsuit, or is your assertion simply a lie?

Posted by: huh ()
Date: October 24, 2009 01:25PM

By definition, an assertion is defined as:

a positive statement or declaration, often without support or reason: a mere assertion; an unwarranted assertion

An assertion cannot be a lie.

I assert that the Redskins will loose their next game. Bring it on.

Posted by: g ()
Date: October 24, 2009 03:38PM

Sounds like someone is holding a grudge. Got in trouble for bringing aspirin to school little boy? Grow up pal. Stop acting like all these bitching teachers.

Posted by: zero ()
Date: October 24, 2009 03:55PM

Nada is right.... zero tolerance is zero tolerance when it comes to certain students (not football players). There is no discussion or attempt at understanding by FCPS. There are no second chances..... Apparently zero tolerance does not apply to Dan Meier.

Posted by: Old Football Player ()
Date: October 24, 2009 05:02PM

I am an ex-football player at Robinson, and when I was caught taking aspirin in a locker bay on a game day, it was simply taken away from me and I was told to never take any kind of medicine or drug in school again.

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: October 24, 2009 05:06PM

So far, the only names released in this matter are those of the Meier brothers.

Who else was involved?

Jack Dale?

Pete Noonan?

Principals?

Teachers?

Anyone at Gatehouse?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Posted by: Ray Jay ()
Date: October 24, 2009 06:49PM

Well good damned thing you wrote all that up there ^! I was just naturally assuming Dan Mier was a flamming homosexual with child abusing tendancies that enjoys a good rimjob. But thanks to Danny's boy, I stand corrected.
BOOBS!

Posted by: Wake Forest ()
Date: October 24, 2009 07:07PM

Zero said:
Nada is right.... zero tolerance is zero tolerance when it comes to certain students (not football players). There is no discussion or attempt at understanding by FCPS. There are no second chances..... Apparently zero tolerance does not apply to Dan Meier.

Zero, you are spot on. Just look at the case of Robinson RB Lucas Caparelli. Kicked out of Wake Forest after he threatened he was going to blow up the campus and machine gun anyone that was left standing (see jump below). Where could he go after that? How could he keep in shape while waiting for another school (Texas State) to call? Try Robinson. Meier opened up the school's weight room for Lucas to work out. How nice. Only someone like "your the man" Meier would jeopardize the well-being of the students of his school to an alumnus that publicly claimed on the internet to have an Uzi in his gym bag.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Lucas_Caparelli

Date: October 24, 2009 07:12PM

I know it sounds incredible that Meier would allow Caparelli access to Robinson after what happened at Wake Forest but its true and they even "bragged" about it in the Washington Post which carried a picture of him in the weight room! Take a look:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/08/AR2008040803211.html

Date: October 25, 2009 06:30AM

huh Wrote:
> By definition, an assertion is defined as:
>
> a positive statement or declaration, often without
> support or reason: a mere assertion; an
> unwarranted assertion
>
> An assertion cannot be a lie.
>
> I assert that the Redskins will loose their next
> game. Bring it on.

It is a little more complicated that that. See, for example, http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/assertion/ especially §6.2.

Posted by: zero tolerance ()
Date: October 25, 2009 02:22PM

zero tolerance is only for meier to use, not to be held to. I hope a lot of you contact the school board, Ms Wilson, Braddock District & Cluster 6 Superintendent Leslie Butz and let them know that this crook should not be in this postion, or I guess you can just bitch on this post and after a short while it will be like it never even happened.

Posted by: Umpirer ()
Date: October 25, 2009 02:33PM

Real Estate is a very shifty business.

If these teacher and investors would of bought my book "How to get Rich in Real Estate" they wouldn't being having these problems.

I teach you how to buy real estate with no money and become a millionaire in just three weeks!

Posted by: kaitlin mackie ()
Date: October 25, 2009 06:09PM

IAN SHUT UP.

love, kaitlin and dan

Posted by: be balanced ()
Date: October 26, 2009 10:29AM

C'mon - this is over the top. I think there is some poor judgment here because accepting any form of commission in the sale of real estate on an undisclosed or unlicensed basis is simply risky and has all sorts of legal problems.

But to pick on what Meier did with the Caparelli incident? Schools at both the high school and college level use kids like Caparelli for entertainment purposes and often abandon them when things don't work out later. Letting this kid (who used horrible judgment and really blew it at Wake - a supportive place for student athletes if there ever was one) work out is likely the right thing to do. Meier likely knew this kid wasn't going to progress in a school without football - I would have done the same, and as a former coach of an athlete, I would have also conditioned access to facilities on getting the kid's act together.

Date: October 26, 2009 11:41AM

be balanced said:
"C'mon - this is over the top. I think there is some poor judgment here because accepting any form of commission in the sale of real estate on an undisclosed or unlicensed basis is simply risky and has all sorts of legal problems.

But to pick on what Meier did with the Caparelli incident? Schools at both the high school and college level use kids like Caparelli for entertainment purposes and often abandon them when things don't work out later. Letting this kid (who used horrible judgment and really blew it at Wake - a supportive place for student athletes if there ever was one) work out is likely the right thing to do. Meier likely knew this kid wasn't going to progress in a school without football - I would have done the same, and as a former coach of an athlete, I would have also conditioned access to facilities on getting the kid's act together."

If Meier wanted to help Lucas, he could have bought him a pass to Gold's Gym. Only his arrogance and perceived invicibilty prevented him from doing so. I brought up Caparelli to further demonstrate Meier's character flaws that will soon cost him his job.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: October 26, 2009 11:43AM

JACK DALE NEEDS TO GO!!!111

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Stud ()
Date: October 26, 2009 11:53AM

Who is this Angie Marquis? It says here she is very hot?

Posted by: Good Lord ()
Date: October 26, 2009 11:57AM

Oh my she is a hottie. An ex-Robinson cheerleader, but looks like she supports Bob McDonnell on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=45059782457&share_id=173369483573&comments=1#/angie.marquis

Date: October 26, 2009 12:25PM

be balanced Wrote:
> But to pick on what Meier did with the Caparelli
> incident? Schools at both the high school and
> college level use kids like Caparelli for
> entertainment purposes and often abandon them when
> things don't work out later. Letting this kid
> (who used horrible judgment and really blew it at
> Wake - a supportive place for student athletes if
> there ever was one) work out is likely the right
> thing to do. Meier likely knew this kid wasn't
> going to progress in a school without football - I
> would have done the same, and as a former coach of
> an athlete, I would have also conditioned access
> to facilities on getting the kid's act together.

No argument that schools use athletes, but the Robinson weight room is not a public access facility, is it? Can the principal allow non-students access at their own discretion? Did Lucas need to sign in as a visitor each day? How were his movements monitored? I know that parents with children attending Robinson cannot simply roam the halls. If Dan Meier wanted to help Lucas (and I think that he deserved a chance at rehabilitating his image and reputation), doing so on school grounds with FCPS facilities seems inappropriate.

Date: October 26, 2009 12:27PM

Good Lord Wrote:
> Oh my she is a hottie. An ex-Robinson
> cheerleader, but looks like she supports Bob
> McDonnell on Facebook.
>
> http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=45059782457&;
> share_id=173369483573&comments=1#/angie.marquis

Actually, it looks like she grew up in Florida. Interesting to see, however, that she maintains a totally unrestricted Facebook profile.

Posted by: supernuller ()
Date: October 27, 2009 08:39AM

LOL I used to go to Robinson. Dan Meier always seemed like a nice guy but I always wondered why he seemed to be so rich. He had an expensive Benz from what I can remember.

Posted by: ramfan ()
Date: October 28, 2009 10:50AM

Meier has been exonerated of any criminal wrongdoing, but his moral code within his community has been compromised. Regarding the comments on his beautiful family; pul-eeze! one of his sons was known as the biggest partier in Robinson and the go-to guy for "supplies" amazing that he could be so brazen and not get caught.

Posted by: ram1 ()
Date: October 28, 2009 12:22PM

Very, very unfortunate! Painful to read Michael's post in defense of his father. Was there anything illegal in his dealings with "friends and associates"?

Probably not.

Was it an abuse of his position?

If he never explained that he was being compensated to speak or financially gain from a "referral"; without question YES!

If he was provided "referral fees" well in excess of $10,000 for each transaction, it goes well beyond him being "just another investor" talking about his successes.

The fact that many of these referrals were subordinates is cause for great concern.

The school system has a real issue to consider. Principals and Teachers have a unique opportunity and obligation with their positions to influence for the better. If their counsel goes awry for the wrong reasons, then their judgement is suspect.

Leadership simply demands more than that.

Dan always seemed to be on the level. In most instances I'm sure he was.

However, if we are to trust our institutions and their leadership, then the county must act. A major line appears to have been crossed. The county needs to address it; quickly and with transparency.

If a person in power abused that position, then silence is simply not a response that is acceptable.

I hope for the students, teachers and system in general that a swift resolution is reached.

Left to drift this issue can only cause uncertainty and doubt about a part of our society entrusted to be a major part of the development of the most precious resource of our future...our kids!

Posted by: The Dude ()
Date: October 28, 2009 03:04PM

Lets sue the teachers that sell AVON at school. What is different from that and what Meier did? Nothing. Both products from TRM and AVON suck...

Posted by: moron ()
Date: October 28, 2009 04:44PM

The Dude Wrote:
> Lets sue the teachers that sell AVON at school.
> What is different from that and what Meier did?
> Nothing. Both products from TRM and AVON suck...

Other than the fact that Meier is in an authority position, there is no difference you absolute imbecile.

Posted by: rammer ()
Date: October 28, 2009 06:06PM

I know, I know. My new bff's are Deeds and McDonough. They call me 3 times every night. Maybe I can phone them and they ask them to put in a good word.

Posted by: Wanderer ()
Date: October 28, 2009 08:48PM

I am new to the area and i'm looking along the Rt 1 corridor here in Fairfax trying to find some good quality FREE gloryholes. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by: Jose Noriega ()
Date: November 01, 2009 09:36PM

I LOVE YOU ALI!!!! please add me on facebook i miss you at school!!!!

Posted by: rammer ()
Date: November 02, 2009 07:28AM

where the hell is agnie when we need her?????????

Posted by: Errr Robinson Student ()
Date: November 03, 2009 10:19PM

he's not a bad person, he may have taken away the outdoor lunches but he's kept some people i know from being expelled, and well going to jail.

Posted by: scammed ()
Date: November 04, 2009 09:51AM

believer Wrote:
> This story has only started here...has been going
> on for months in NC...suggest checking out
> www.newsobserver.com...PCAS has some strong
> feelings of support for Dan Meier. I have no
> sympathy for anyone who fell for a get-rich-quick
> scheme and falsified loan documents. It is
> reported that Dan Meier received payment when he
> referred buyers to TRM and fees to speak at
> promotions of the properties. How coincidental to
> file bankrupcy so near the time of being named as
> a defendent in a fraud case?
>
>
> 'Flipping' lot 135 raised price rapidly
> Published Sun, May 17, 2009 07:15 AM
> Modified Tue, Sep 22, 2009 07:38 AM
> www.newsobserver.com
>
> CAPE CARTERET -- Lot 135 was sold six times in
> little more than a year, and along the way the
> price nearly doubled from the initial purchase
> price of $180,000, according to Carteret County
> tax records.
>
> In all six transactions, Total Realty Management
> of Fairfax, Va., was either the buyer or seller;
> and on two occasions, TRM officers or their
> relatives apparently bought the lot from TRM.
>
> Here are the transactions:
>
> Developer R.A. North subdivided the lot, then sold
> it to TRM on May 5, 2006, for $180,000, according
> to tax records. On the same day, TRM sold it to
> Darryl S. Brogan for $250,000. Brogan is listed in
> one lawsuit as TRM's president of development. For
> this transaction, Brogan listed his address as 222
> Colleton Square -- the street address for the
> vacant lot.
>
> Twelve weeks later, Brogan sold it back to TRM for
> $225,000, according to tax records. On the same
> day, TRM sold the lot to Charles T. Deuterman. S.
> Jill Pisner, a lawyer whose firm is suing TRM,
> said Deuterman is the father of Cari Deuterman,
> TRM vice president for finance. He paid $310,000.
> The Deutermans, including Cari Deuterman, live in
> Woodbridge, Va., but in this transaction, his
> address was listed as "lot 135, Cannonsgate."
>
> On June 18, 2007, TRM bought the lot for the third
> time. This time, Martha C. Deuterman -- Cari
> Deuterman's mother, Pisner said -- was listed as a
> co-seller with Charles Deuterman. The price was
> $289,500.
>
> On the same day, TRM sold the lot to Babette and
> William V. Hale of Centreville, Va., for $354,000,
> according to records filed in federal court in
> Virginia.

Posted by: OBEE ()
Date: November 04, 2009 11:22AM

I would still rather have him than Youst at WTW.

Posted by: ex ram parent ()
Date: November 07, 2009 05:00PM

You really really are missing the point and seem to explain why Robinson is now lower than other large schools in Fx Cty (others that used to be below Robinson like Centerville and Chantilly), zero tolerance is stupid and harmful, but ethics, especially for authority figures are useful, let me say it slowly and maybe I should sprinkle some profanity to keep your interest...morons. Can you say "conflict of interest" or are you a football player like Meier???

Posted by: ram1 ()
Date: November 07, 2009 08:28PM

Meier seems to be immune to the punishment he doles out (to all except football, lacrosse, basketball and swim team transgressors) Hopefully the corruption will stop, but it will take Robinson parents demanding it (why hasn't the school board gotten involved?) The decent students at Robinson deserve better than a snake like Meier.... perhaps someone more educated???

Re: Sounds like a dupe, not a conspirator
Posted by: wordsmth ()
Date: November 23, 2009 10:46PM

A lot of folks here are taking their school-based dislike of Dan Meier and making the assumption that he therefore must be an evil genius behind a real estate scam. I had a lot of dealings with folks at Robinson--though not with Meier--and they generally were good. So I don't feel strongly one way or the other about him. My interactions were with the sub-school principals and other sub-school personnel.

Interestingly, for those who talk about how he favored athletes (without getting too specific) our child was a varsity athlete who became seriously ill while at Robinson. We tried to get a waiver for P.E. classes (after all, we're talking about a varsity athlete), but no one up the chain of command would waive the P.E. requirements. So, while I'm not disagreeing with those who say he favored athletes, my experience was quite different.

But I digress...

Let's address the whole real estate issue. And again (without getting too specific) I'm a real estate investor. And it's entirely possible that--from reading everything here and all the links--that Meier was duped. Roll the calendar back a few years. Everyone was a "real estate investor." People were putting contracts on homes they never intended to live in, figuring the price would go up so much they'd be able to flip them. As people joked, if you could fog up a mirror, you could get a mortgage. And not just from the fly-by-nights, but from so-called reputable lenders. Remember the 103% mortgages, where you'd buy a home and walk away from closing with cash in your pocket? Remember "liar loans"--otherwise known as stated income loans? Everyone and his brother--and not just Dan Meier's brother (if he was involved)--was doing it. And some people made lots of money before the crash.

How about those referral fees? Not at all uncommon in real estate investing. A previous post correctly notes that such fees aren't allowed. But, honestly, lots of real estate investors didn't know that then and don't know that now. It's not at all uncommon for an investor to pay a "bird dog" $500-$1,000 for just bringing a lead that turns into a transaction. And larger fees go to people who produce more than leads.

All those sales back and forth between the officers of TRM? Now, that's suspicious. Absolutely. But, unless I've overlooked it, Meier wasn't involved in that activity. And that selling back and forth--while suspicious and often fraudulent--went on frequently a few years ago. I'm not defending it, just saying that there were plenty of outright scams and some questionable projects doing it everywhere. FHA and other lenders have tried to come up with seasoning requirements to limit that sort of behavior, but to only limited success.

Promises of large profits? That was going on all the time. Look: I was scammed out of $14,000 in a somewhat different operation. But maybe not all that different. A very reputable real estate "guru" had partnered up with a person who'd developed a program to buy and rehab inexpensive properties in the South. My property was in South Carolina. I didn't do sufficient due dilligence. I knew the real estate "guru" and I'd met the partner. But I didn't inspect the property, instead relying on the reputation and promises of people I knew and testimonials from others who had made money in similar transactions. The "guru" had been duped, and I ended losing about $14,000. I was furious. But it happens. I learned an expensive lesson about looking beyond testimonials and promises of riches.

Promises of preconstruction profits? That was all the rage a few years ago. The strategy was to put a small down payment on a property before it was built. Then, even before the property was finished you'd sell the contract to someone else. I remember at least a half a dozen meetings I attended (regular real estate investor meetings) where someone would be pitching preconstruction projects. And, again, some people made a lot of money early on. But you know where most of those projects were? Florida and Las Vegas? You know which geographic areas have been hardest hit in the downturn? Right. Florida and Las Vegas. (The latest promotion along those lines is investing in the "Go-Zone" with the rebuilding after Hurricane Katrina. Watch out for those. You'll be reading about those in a few years.)

Again, I'm not defending Meier as a principal, though I don't have much criticism of him, either. And I'm not saying 100% that Meier is innocent of everything. What I am saying is that it's entirely possible (in my mind pretty likely) that Meier was duped. He made some money on what he though was legitimate investments, and let others know about it. He got in a bit too far (with the referral fees), and when the house of cards came tumbling down, he got caught.

That's how I see it, based on what's been reported.

Date: November 23, 2009 10:58PM

I think we should all gangrape this loser Dan mier scumbag.

Posted by: josh brigham ()
Date: December 02, 2009 01:17PM

i graduated robinson last year and i always knew looking at dan meier's suits , cars, and watches that he must have had a little business on the side. Just look at what he has admitted to doing, he got commission on every property he was able to push off onto a teacher. I don't care if that is illegal it is immoral. He is just like a used car salesmen, his charisma was exceptional, but conmen have great charisma. Im just saying that i think that this is grade a Karma. When you steal money from your employes your bound to get bitten in the ass by something. All the Meier children i met during my 6 year term there were not bright at all, they were jocks that relied on their athletics and their father. I mean their father held them back a year so they would be better at football, talk about living vicariously through your children. I truly hope that justice is served and that he will go to jail for the maximum sentence. I don't have any pity for someone who used a school to rip people off, he is lower then scum.

Posted by: SWSaysFahQ ()
Date: December 28, 2009 06:06PM

Regardless of Dan Meier's poor financial choices- he seemed to be a good dude...and as far as his sons go Mike was a total prick for no fucking reason. but in the end I would rob you people for your money too

Posted by: SWSaysFahQ ()
Date: December 28, 2009 06:08PM

ohh and Josh the dude drives a pt cruiser not exactly a bently brother-and im pretty sure he got his suits from mens wearhouse

Posted by: person that is the original person & is fucking awesome!! ()
Date: January 06, 2010 02:14PM

Angie Marquis Wrote:
> I appreciate the compliment (I think) to my
> previous involvement at Robinson, however, I am
> NOT a part of this discussion and would appreciate
> that any and ALL references to me personnally be
> left out of this. I no longer have children at
> Robinson and this does not concern me anymore.
> Thank you.

Hey Angie, how's the divorce going?

Posted by: Name Fix ()
Date: January 06, 2010 02:24PM

Name Fix

Posted by: JohnJameson ()
Date: February 02, 2010 12:49AM

This discussion board is pointless. This case was DROPPED several months before the articles even came out. Both Meier brothers are innocent, the court found no illegal transactions on their behalfs. One of the plaintiffs was just upset that the case was dropped so she called one of the local newspapers to start up some drama. Get your facts straight before posting some bs why you think Dan Meier is scum. He is a great man. Leave the Meiers alone and respect their families!
Thank you.

Posted by: True ()
Date: February 05, 2010 03:10PM

This is absolutely true. People on this board who say this is just an investment gone wrong do not understand the law. You cannot take kickbacks on real estate sales without being licensed. The law is very clear. Give the man his day in court before passing judgment, but don't downplay the alleged crime as being less serious than it is.

However, I can understand that not everyone would know that this law exists. Referral fees are not illegal in most other kinds of business transactions. And if someone truly thinks something is a good investment, they can convince themselves that it is ok to take a referral fee/kickback after all, they are doing everyone else a favor by making them money. People get taken in by scams all the time and they sometimes people get conned into becoming tools in the scam so they can recruit other people who trust them. When you have a person who is not very savvy business-wise and they let greed get the better part of them, the result can be tragic. We can't look into this man's heart to see what he was thinking but this just serves to prove the point time and time again, if it's sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

>Mike, I understand that you want to stand behind your father. However Under >RESPA(Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act), Dan Meier is involed in a criminal >act under HUD. An agent cannot give a referral fee (10-25k) to anyone who is not a >licensed agent. Now please do not think that we are all so stupid as to believe >that, (perhaps not the 1st 1 or 2 but by the time it got to 100k) with kind of >money coming in that he would not at least google the laws. If indeed he did not >then that is more of a reason to step down and perhaps go live in those 2 lots he >has been paying for. Oh that's right he filed BK

Posted by: dd ()
Date: February 05, 2010 04:38PM

Why'd you bring this up again? You law knowing, opinionated person, you are. This forum had let it drop. Let it go. In our culture, we kick people when they are down and worship them when they are dead. Let's support our own. When did this type of behavior solve anything.

Karma sucks.

Posted by: Snowballs ()
Date: February 05, 2010 06:19PM

Don is a great human, get off his ass. You try to win a AAA State Football Championship. Go away aholes.

Posted by: ObserverinNOVA ()
Date: February 06, 2010 12:37AM

A lot of people all over the world, some very smart people on Wall Street, London, and all over the world made big, many bigger that this affair, mistakes on real estate in the past 5 years. In retrospect, their decisions/investments certainly appear foolish, but that along is not criminal - any one can allege anything in a civil suit - witness the "dry cleaner/pants lawsuit in DC - let the process work thru, but users of this board should not be bashing someone when most of use simply don't know the true facts.

Posted by: IGetIt ()
Date: February 06, 2010 04:25PM

Not everyone that wasn't coming to his defense was bashing him, but if you're going to be hypersensitive about this than that's your problem. If you want to let it go then stop replying to even those posts. You're keeping this going as much as anyone else you opinionated person you.

>>>>>
Why'd you bring this up again? You law knowing, opinionated person, you are. This forum had let it drop. Let it go. In our culture, we kick people when they are down and worship them when they are dead. Let's support our own. When did this type of behavior solve anything.

Karma sucks.

Posted by: Wow_Great_Job ()
Date: February 15, 2010 03:46AM

Leave the man alone!!!!

Pages: Previous1234AllNext
Current Page: 3 of 4

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.