HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 1234AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 4
Dan Meier is lower than scum
Posted by: ram ()
Date: October 18, 2009 06:15PM

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/crime/Teachers_-principals-caught-in-fraud-case-8398445.html

My kids are former Rams. They were in Robinson when Meier was using former students to defraud subordinates...with the help of his brother, another principal. Meier bought a $$$expensive house in Clifton a few years ago and I remember thinking that was odd.

Meier....GET OUT OF TOWN!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dan Meier is lower than scum
Posted by: Meier needs to go ()
Date: October 18, 2009 07:17PM

ram Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/crime/Teac
> hers_-principals-caught-in-fraud-case-8398445.html
>
>
> My kids are former Rams. They were in Robinson
> when Meier was using former students to defraud
> subordinates...with the help of his brother,
> another principal. Meier bought a $$$expensive
> house in Clifton a few years ago and I remember
> thinking that was odd.
>
> Meier....GET OUT OF TOWN!!!

Posted by: Meier needs to be LOCKED up ()
Date: October 18, 2009 07:22PM

Meier's Bought a 1.3 MILLION dollar house on a principles pay??? WTF does any law enforcement check these crooks out. Oh that's right file bankruptcy after you have hidden the money. I wonder what time that class is

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: October 18, 2009 08:09PM

Dude,

post the entire story.

Crime

[Print] Teachers, principals caught in fraud case By: Leah Fabel and Scott McCabe Washington Examiner October 18, 2009 Fairfax educators sue over alleged land scam Two Fairfax County public school principals and dozens of teachers they recruited into a North Carolina land deal have been caught up in what could be the largest mortgage fraud case in state history, according to court documents. A federal grand jury in North Carolina has been probing the massive fraud case. Teachers were left with worthless land and gaping holes in their bank accounts, according to lawsuits growing out of the case. Daniel Meier, principal at Fairfax's Robinson Secondary School, and his brother Thomas Meier, principal at McLean's Langley High School, worked with a former student, Mark Dain, to motivate investors to pay artificially inflated prices for land in coastal North Carolina at the height of the housing boom, according to a lawsuit brought by the investors. Dain was a co-founder of the now defunct Total Realty Management, based out of Woodbridge. The company purchased subdivisions worth approximately $150,000 before turning around and selling them for double and sometimes triple that figure, according to the complaint. The Meier brothers allegedly offered A lawyer for the plaintiffs in the lawsuit said the FBI had begun a criminal probe into the deals. FBI spokespersons in D.C. and North Carolina could not confirm whether the case has expanded to TRM. Both Meiers are still administrators in Fairfax schools. Daniel Meier was named in the original lawsuit brought by the teachers. Thomas Meier was not named as a defendant in the lawsuit, but was depicted as involved in recruiting teachers. The company allegedly Daniel Meier denied all charges in a response to the complaint filed in March. Both Meier brothers recently filed for bankruptcy in federal court. Daniel Meier listed more than $100 million in liabilities on account of the lawsuits pending against him. Jill Pisner, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said her clients have stopped pursuing claims against Daniel Meier. Both Pisner and Daniel Meier's lawyer, Alan Shachter, said the FBI was likely not investigating Meier. Calls and e-mails to the Meier brothers were not returned. Teachers referred questions to Pisner. Dain could not be reached for comment. The teachers are still pursuing his company, TRM. The case has garnered huge headlines in North Carolina as a federal grand jury investigated various allegations including whether former North Carolina Gov. Mike Easley got a sweetheart deal on waterfront property and helped green-light permits for the project.

Posted by: former ram ()
Date: October 18, 2009 08:26PM

he messed up, he broke the law, and he will pay the price. but i still respect him, and he will always be the man who came to my help when i needed it most, and I didnt even need to ask twice. i believe he is a good man and i still respect him even through all of this. i know he will face the consequences no matter what they are. I pray for him and his family

Posted by: junior ()
Date: October 18, 2009 08:52PM

I agree with former ram, he messed up but I still think fairly highly of him. Corruption is everywhere, what makes you think the educational system is an exception? Especially in a county like Fairfax, where we have money and power. He will pay for what he did, thats certain, but I still think he's a good person overall.

Posted by: MJ ()
Date: October 18, 2009 08:56PM

here's something that the article didnt post. Dan Meier had made money buying lots from TRM previously, and currently owned 2 lots at the time of the so called fraud. He lost just as much money in the situation as the teachers accusing him of fraud. The fact of the matter is that this is a case of bad timing, the housing market crash and recession came simultaneously with these people buying their NC lots. While the situation is unfortunate, Dan and Tommy Meier should not be the scapegoat for these people losing money.

Posted by: Current Ram ()
Date: October 18, 2009 10:01PM

I would watch to see if anything develops out of this. so far the examiner is the only one i've seen whose posted anything on this in the 22 hours its been up, who i've heard has been spotty on their reporting. when i searched google news on the issue its the only article that comes up.

Posted by: PCAS ()
Date: October 18, 2009 11:03PM

Dan Meier is a good man. He was my neighbor for over 10 years when I was a kid and believe me, he started from nowhere supporting his family on a counselor's salary and the football coach at Chantilly. There is no one I know who is more of a family man and he has done a damn good job raising his kids - both who have received scholarships to VMI and both play football there as well. Don't talk shit about someone you don't even know. I don't know exactly what happened... but I know for a fact that he is not the type of guy who would lie to his friends to make a little money (one of which was my dad). He worked his way up from the bottom and deserves all the respect and admiration in the world. Just to reiterate.... quit talking shit about something you don't even understand

Posted by: believer ()
Date: October 18, 2009 11:51PM

This story has only started here...has been going on for months in NC...suggest checking out www.newsobserver.com...PCAS has some strong feelings of support for Dan Meier. I have no sympathy for anyone who fell for a get-rich-quick scheme and falsified loan documents. It is reported that Dan Meier received payment when he referred buyers to TRM and fees to speak at promotions of the properties. How coincidental to file bankrupcy so near the time of being named as a defendent in a fraud case?

'Flipping' lot 135 raised price rapidly
Published Sun, May 17, 2009 07:15 AM
Modified Tue, Sep 22, 2009 07:38 AM
www.newsobserver.com

CAPE CARTERET -- Lot 135 was sold six times in little more than a year, and along the way the price nearly doubled from the initial purchase price of $180,000, according to Carteret County tax records.

In all six transactions, Total Realty Management of Fairfax, Va., was either the buyer or seller; and on two occasions, TRM officers or their relatives apparently bought the lot from TRM.

Here are the transactions:

Developer R.A. North subdivided the lot, then sold it to TRM on May 5, 2006, for $180,000, according to tax records. On the same day, TRM sold it to Darryl S. Brogan for $250,000. Brogan is listed in one lawsuit as TRM's president of development. For this transaction, Brogan listed his address as 222 Colleton Square -- the street address for the vacant lot.

Twelve weeks later, Brogan sold it back to TRM for $225,000, according to tax records. On the same day, TRM sold the lot to Charles T. Deuterman. S. Jill Pisner, a lawyer whose firm is suing TRM, said Deuterman is the father of Cari Deuterman, TRM vice president for finance. He paid $310,000. The Deutermans, including Cari Deuterman, live in Woodbridge, Va., but in this transaction, his address was listed as "lot 135, Cannonsgate."

On June 18, 2007, TRM bought the lot for the third time. This time, Martha C. Deuterman -- Cari Deuterman's mother, Pisner said -- was listed as a co-seller with Charles Deuterman. The price was $289,500.

On the same day, TRM sold the lot to Babette and William V. Hale of Centreville, Va., for $354,000, according to records filed in federal court in Virginia.

Date: October 19, 2009 12:02AM

Some stories to look up at www.newsobserver.com:

Easley Deal May Have Helped Raise Lot Prices

www.newsobserver.com/politics/state/story/69668.html

Coastal Lot Buyers Claim Mortgage Fraud

www.newsobserver.com/business/real_estate/story/53607.html

You may not have heard much about this yet, but this is being covered in North Carolina as perhaps the largest mortgage fraud case in that state's history. Dan Meier certainly isn't Bernie Madoff but it would be interesting to know his involvment and how much money he received from Total Realty Management.

Posted by: Fairfax22032 ()
Date: October 19, 2009 12:08AM

It is great to see the Dan Meier apologists coming out from their holes. The reality is that Robinson has steadily gone down hill since Ann Monday left the school in Meier's hands. Dan Meier has consistently favored groups of students who severely and repeatedly violated SR&R around cheating, alcohol and drug use, especially athletes. His lack of action on an IB cheating incident in 2005 clearly demonstrated to students that he was not interested in doing the right thing - it helps when you are heading to Columbia and are the SGA President.

Nothing made me happier in June than to have my last child out of FCPS and Robinson...karma is a bitch Dan...hope that your wife and kids find time to visit you in prison.

Date: October 19, 2009 12:39AM

Here, here to Ann Monday.

I'm so curious as to whether Dan Meier listed his payments from TRM as income on his loan papers to purchase his $1.3 Million dollar home in Fairfax Station in January 2008 or on his income tax returns? Or, did he use the same lenders that were perpetrating the fraud in North Carolina?

Posted by: ramalum ()
Date: October 19, 2009 02:20AM

My question to Fairfax22032 is if he was so consistent in his favoring groups of students that broke sr and r, what are some other examples? clearly you must have a full and complete understanding of the entire incident in 2005 and not just what your jealous-of-the-Columbia-bound-SGA-president kid told you. and if the situation were of a caliber that mr meier truly acted wrong, maybe one of the other admins would say something? or hey, maybe ib would say something? and if ib said something the whole county would hear about it and it would be out of his hands. And in my experience in robinson while mr meier was principal was that he favored students who actually did something be it music, athletics, theatre, or whatever else. hes a good man who made a mistake. and to correct an earlier statement, his sons go to West point. still a damn good man who still has my respect

Date: October 19, 2009 02:42AM

haha... my bad ramalum... i was typing quickly. you are correct... it is west point not vmi

Posted by: Think of the Children ()
Date: October 19, 2009 05:39AM

ITs aLl Jak Daale's fawult! JACK DALEE MUSST GOOE!

Posted by: Captain Ramart ()
Date: October 19, 2009 07:18AM

My spouse and I had met with Meier several years ago regarding an IB English teacher that trashed our daughter verbally during class. When we reported it, I found Meier to be very insecure and very quick to hide behind his "good old boy" persona. At the time of our meeting, all I could think of was I was speaking to a used car salesman. He clinched it when he gave me a pen. After the meeting, I went home a took a shower. I have never spoke to him since. I hope that this teacher is one of the ones that he screwed.

Date: October 19, 2009 07:33AM

ramalum Wrote:
> My question to Fairfax22032 is if he was so
> consistent in his favoring groups of students that
> broke sr and r, what are some other examples?
> clearly you must have a full and complete
> understanding of the entire incident in 2005 and
> not just what your
> jealous-of-the-Columbia-bound-SGA-president kid
> told you. and if the situation were of a caliber
> that mr meier truly acted wrong, maybe one of the
> other admins would say something? or hey, maybe ib
> would say something? and if ib said something the
> whole county would hear about it and it would be
> out of his hands. And in my experience in robinson
> while mr meier was principal was that he favored
> students who actually did something be it music,
> athletics, theatre, or whatever else. hes a good
> man who made a mistake. and to correct an earlier
> statement, his sons go to West point. still a damn
> good man who still has my respect.

It is OK to favor students who accomplish something, but that does not give them a free pass to break the rules with impunity just because they are "good kids". I did not live at Robinson like some parents, but can think of several incidents related to fighting, cheating, and drug and alcohol possession on school grounds and trips, but I am not going to call out names in a public forum. Did other administrators turn a blind eye or deaf ear? In some cases, yes and in large part because the senior staff is a shadow of the leadership organization under Ann Monday. The objective of being buddies to students in many cases outweighed their responsibility as FCPS employees.

You appear to know something about the IB cheating incident, some would call it a conspiracy due to the breadth of involvement, and it does not change the situation to rehash the details. In the end, however, the students who were really hurt were the ones required to retake the exam when they had nothing to do with this and were totally innocent. This is not what I heard from my sons regarding the Columbia-bound track and cross country star, it was from other parents and IB faculty who were told that the situation was 'being addressed'. No one lost their leadership position, no one was dropped from NHS, no one had this exposed in a way that would hurt their college admission chances.

Finally, if there is truth behind the facts stated in this article (which seem to be well laid out) then Dan Meier did not just make a 'mistake' - he was intimately involved in a conspiracy to commit fraud on a large scale, but maybe you feel that he should get a free pass since this is not a 'real' crime like rape or murder. This is not about his children, although I hope that Mike and Timmy have better moral character than their father.

BTW...did they teach you anything about punctuation and sentence structure at Robinson?

Posted by: Meier needs to go ()
Date: October 19, 2009 07:42AM

Meier, Is just like a used car salesman. He will try and BS everything, even when the facts are clearly against him. It is his way, forget the facts, he knows best. Anyone who has met with him can see the Mr Used Cars in him. He "may" at one time been a good guy, but looks like the fast money,big house, fancy clothes changed him to the fraud he always knew he was. This man is a criminal and needs to be dealt with as such. But yet today he will rule over the students and teachers (that he scamed) SCUM get him gone,

Posted by: Let the system work ()
Date: October 19, 2009 09:00AM

I've read the article and above postings. I've only met with Mr. Meier once on a problem our son had and he was able to resolve it quickly and professionally. During the meeting I had the feeling he was a politician - he took notes on what we said, gave us some options, and followed through on what we agreed upon.

It does appear that he is in trouble but I'd urge everyone to stop the backstabbing and inflammatory comments and let the process work. Whatever happened to the fundamental belief that you are innocent until proven guilty. Time will reveal the true facts and until then derogatory comments should be withheld.

Posted by: Meier Most go ()
Date: October 19, 2009 09:16AM

Meier should have the same 'rights" as students. When he makes up his mind that they are wrong they are removed from class 3-5 days or more. Here is a man that needs to step aside, call it in school detention or whatever, he is judge & jury at the school, fair is fair. If he was the one who was the victim he would be sreaming the loudest. Dan Meier you are and always have been a lowlife, you (hopefully) will get all that is coming to you. I hope the BK is just the start. I hope your wife and kids will not be able to afford to come see you in prison

Posted by: who knows the facts here ()
Date: October 19, 2009 09:39AM

It is too early to cast judgment on the facts.

But the blunt truth is that principals are leaders in their communities and, fair or not, must be held to a higher standard of conduct. If they fail to meet a high standard (even if not culpable from a legal perspective), it significantly impairs their effectiveness.

From this angle, I think the principals ought to step down.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: October 19, 2009 09:54AM

Welcome to the World of speculative real estate investment. The best thing to do is hold on to the property for 20 years, pray a hurricane doesn't wipe it out and hope the value goes ups.

You can't sue people who have filed for bankruptcy. Kiss that money goodbye. Damn $100 million in the hole. Where the hell did he spend all the $25,000 speaker fees?

Both Meier brothers recently filed for bankruptcy in federal court. Daniel Meier listed more than $100 million in liabilities on account of the lawsuits pending against him.

Jill Pisner, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said her clients have stopped pursuing claims against Daniel Meier.

"He is in bankruptcy and his debts exceed his assets," Pisner said. "What money he made, and he earned referral fees of $10,000 to $25,000 per lot on about 35 to 50 sales, plus speaker fees of $1,000 per seminar, is gone now."

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 10:01AM by Lurker..

Posted by: tubby ()
Date: October 19, 2009 10:55AM

I have to laugh at you morons calling Meier a used car salesman or politician.

That's what a fucking principal's job is....they're ALL like that, it's their job to smooth the feathers of thousands of neurotic parents!

Posted by: where's tommy? ()
Date: October 19, 2009 10:58AM

The article says bro Tommy is principal at Langley, but the FCPS website lists someone else at Langley.

Is he on the lam?

Posted by: Rammer ()
Date: October 19, 2009 11:08AM

I think you all are awful for talking about Mr.Meier like this. I am a former Robinson student and he was a great principle and person to me. I could always talk to him about anything and he was always there to give me advice. Everyone that has said something hurtful about Mr.Meier shoud be ashamed of yourselves. Dan Meier has a family. He has 3 sons and 1 daughter. Do you really think that by posting hurtful things about Mr.Meier you are accomplishing anything? Imagine if your father was in the same sitution as he is. How would you feel if you read posts just totally bagging on your dad? Please people lets stop being assholes and start being a little considerate of his youngest son who is only a sophomore and his daughter who is only a freshman.

Posted by: Weeds ()
Date: October 19, 2009 11:21AM

Read up... Real Estate is like any other business, there are no get rich quick schemes like you see on late night info commercials or home flipping shows!

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/RealEstate/NothingQuickAboutGettingRichWithRealEstate.aspx

Date: October 19, 2009 11:22AM

Rammer Wrote:
> I think you all are awful for talking about
> Mr.Meier like this. I am a former Robinson student
> and he was a great principle and person to me. I
> could always talk to him about anything and he was
> always there to give me advice. Everyone that has
> said something hurtful about Mr.Meier shoud be
> ashamed of yourselves. Dan Meier has a family. He
> has 3 sons and 1 daughter. Do you really think
> that by posting hurtful things about Mr.Meier you
> are accomplishing anything? Imagine if your father
> was in the same sitution as he is. How would you
> feel if you read posts just totally bagging on
> your dad? Please people lets stop being assholes
> and start being a little considerate of his
> youngest son who is only a sophomore and his
> daughter who is only a freshman.

Dan Meier is at least a semi-public person in a position of authority with one of the largest school systems in the country. The article in the Washington Examiner seems to lay out a series of facts, not idle speculation, about serious crimes. If you feel that the comments here are hurtful you have not spend much time on the internet or FFXU. No one doubts that Dan Meier spoke kindly to students and was helpful, but there are two sides to every story and I know from personal experience and from speaking with other parents that he can be dismissive and disengaged.

You feel that it is appropriate to shoot the messenger, but no one here created the problem. If Dan Meier's kids feel that they are being harassed they should look at their father who created the problem, not citizens and taxpayers who expect more from people in these roles.

Posted by: John Doe ()
Date: October 19, 2009 11:44AM

Don't you mock or insult such a nice person, if you took the time to read all the articles you might figures something out.

Secondly, he is the greatest principle I've had out of three and your being inmature. He probably saved those kids such embarressment and judgement from their peers.

P.S. fuck you and get real friends, make relationships with people, discover things.

Posted by: Local Soccer Mom ()
Date: October 19, 2009 11:45AM

Rammer Wrote:
> I think you all are awful for talking about
> Mr.Meier like this. I am a former Robinson student
> and he was a great principle and person to me. I
> could always talk to him about anything and he was
> always there to give me advice. Everyone that has
> said something hurtful about Mr.Meier shoud be
> ashamed of yourselves. Dan Meier has a family. He
> has 3 sons and 1 daughter. Do you really think
> that by posting hurtful things about Mr.Meier you
> are accomplishing anything? Imagine if your father
> was in the same sitution as he is. How would you
> feel if you read posts just totally bagging on
> your dad? Please people lets stop being assholes
> and start being a little considerate of his
> youngest son who is only a sophomore and his
> daughter who is only a freshman.

Oh my gosh! I'm sure that if everyone would have known he had kids and was actually a good person they would be willing to pardon Mr. Meier and excuse him from any wrong doing.

Ya right.

People said John Wayne Gacy was a good person too.

Posted by: Rammer ()
Date: October 19, 2009 11:45AM

Meier Most Go said "I hope your wife and kids will not be able to afford to come see you in prison." How do you live with yourself? He made a mistake. Don't put this on his family.

to Fairfax22032- Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that being disgusted by people who are saying that he is a lowlife and that he is just like a car salesman and a politician is "shooting the messenger". You can only shoot the messenger if it is in fact an actual message that you are trying to transmit. You people are all just kicking him and his family while hes already down. That is not a message. That's just harassment.

Posted by: Business Dad ()
Date: October 19, 2009 11:48AM

John Doe Wrote:
> Don't you mock or insult such a nice person, if
> you took the time to read all the articles you
> might figures something out.
>
> Secondly, he is the greatest principle I've had
> out of three and your being inmature. He probably
> saved those kids such embarressment and judgement
> from their peers.
>
> P.S. fuck you and get real friends, make
> relationships with people, discover things.

Is that the spelling and grammar which Robinson teaches?

And, hey, John Doe. He would have ripped you off without the bat of an eye lash if you were looking to purchase some property in North Carolina.

Cry me a river. Do the crime, do the time.

Posted by: bo ()
Date: October 19, 2009 11:51AM

He needs to say goodbye

Posted by: Rush Hour Cyclist ()
Date: October 19, 2009 11:51AM

And who, in a million years, would have ever thought a group of anonymous people on the internet could be so cruel and insensitive to a local public figure in legal trouble.

Posted by: TefD187 ()
Date: October 19, 2009 11:56AM

I never liked him, but I feel bad for his wife and kids. Good thing he can bench and rep 315, hes gonna need that strength in the joint being an old man.

Posted by: Pitchman ()
Date: October 19, 2009 12:32PM

Do you really think this man, can serve the students/teachers/parents in light of all this going on in his life. I am sure hiding the 100 million has taken a lot of his time, while being paid by tax dollars of course. Then getting all the bankruptcy paperwork together. He is to be held to a higher standard, that is why they had him as a pitchman for this scam.

For all that say he is such a good guy, if that is true he will step aside and show that if you scam people that you will loose it all. Hopefully he will do the right thing. I do hope his children and all the students learn from him, that is hoping that the system does send him where all criminals need to be.

Posted by: ramin00 ()
Date: October 19, 2009 12:46PM

If he can prove that he was scammed as well, that could help his case. If he can prove that it may help him in trying to convince that he did not have knowledge of the scam in process. I pray for his family. And to those kicking a man while he is down, damn you to hell.

Dan Meier
Posted by: MomofRams ()
Date: October 19, 2009 12:47PM

Lets not be so quick to judge - Dan may have been a victim of a scam well. I feel sorry for the guy. Good principal, well liked by staff and students, always a nice guy to parents. I hope he pulls through this.

Posted by: Crime is Crime ()
Date: October 19, 2009 12:57PM

In Ref to "If he can prove that he was scammed as well, that could help his case" When you file bankruptcy instead of having your day in court, well that pretty much proves the case. Or are we going with he cannot affor to... Hmmm 1.3 million home, 100 million in lawsuits, that means he got some of that, lets say half, 50 MILLION dollars and he files bankruptcy. That spells GUILTY.

Posted by: math ()
Date: October 19, 2009 01:15PM

10,000 to 25000 on 35-50 sales doesn't add up to 50 million. With a little simple math the high number is 1,250,00. And what number is this close to? 1.3 mil...covers the house but not your phantom 50 million.

Posted by: Meier Supporter ()
Date: October 19, 2009 01:19PM

I played for coach Meier at Chantilly and this story saddens me. I also played WITH Mark Dain who was the owner of TRM. Dain, from everything I have heard, and his company were shady and slimy from the get go.

It would not surprise me in the least if he roped Coach Meier into this. Coach would have done anything for his players. I remember when he cried leaving the room after stepping down as coach and told us all that if we EVER needed anything for the rest of our lives, that we could come to him.

Coach Meier is and always will be one of my heros and one of the most influential people in my life. I pray for him and his family.

"If you choose to lie, eventually you are going to have to lie to cover up that one, and another to cover that one....and soon your whole life becomes a lie. You need to be a man and realize that everyone makes mistakes. You just have to be the type of man that learns from them." --Coach Meier

Posted by: Amen ()
Date: October 19, 2009 01:30PM

"If you choose to lie, eventually you are going to have to lie to cover up that one, and another to cover that one....and soon your whole life becomes a lie. You need to be a man and realize that everyone makes mistakes. You just have to be the type of man that learns from them." --Coach Meier

He needs to man-up and resign, his actions (scamming) do not seem to balance with his words

Posted by: math reply ()
Date: October 19, 2009 01:32PM

That is just the "finders fee" he was paid 1.25M, If you look at the NC reports he was buying and selling property as well. He got caught scamming swamp land

Date: October 19, 2009 01:33PM

The $100 million dollars represents the damages in the pending lawsuits - no one claimed that Dan Meier actually had that much money. If he did I don't see any situation where he sticks around FCPS no matter how much he loves being an educator. As far as being an unwitting accomplice to fraud that extended over years you would have to be pretty dumb not to ever question this type of get rich quick land sale and I don't know that that is someone you want teaching your children.

You would be hard pressed to find an honest salesperson offering a $10-25K finder's fee on an ongoing basis. I think that we are going to see that Dan Meier used personal relationships and his role as a trusted colleague to lure people into this. I would expect some sort of plea bargain when it is all said and done, but difficult to see how a credible claim can be made that Dan Meier was also a victim.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: October 19, 2009 01:35PM

The $100 million is probably a class action suit that includes the total losses of investors on the properties. The investors want their money back. If they were shown false documents then I can see the case, but if it they were sold as "these are worth a lot more" then they are screwed.

As for shady real estate people LMAO, they are almost all shady in my opinion. Most real estate brokers are people who do it as a last resort type job. They are constantly hawking properties to friends and handing out business cards at every party.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 01:37PM by Lurker..

Posted by: oaktonmom ()
Date: October 19, 2009 02:09PM

At one point, these seminars were advertised on the Chantilly Youth Sports website. As I recall, CYA got a kickback ( I mean donation) for every person who attended and referenced their organization. The scam was so ridiculous too. In some cases, you got back 20K or 30K and TRM would even pay your mortgage for a year. Are people that stupid? Even if that property had some value, all those "gimees" were certainly wrapped up in the cost. I know someone who got scammed. I told him not to do it. Big dummy. You never get something for nothing. Now it looks like the loan officer (Bank of America I think), the appraiser and the realtors were all in cahoots.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 03:53PM by oaktonmom.

Date: October 19, 2009 03:16PM

Does anyone know is Meier is still working daily as the principal of Robinson? Has he been put on any form of administrative leave?

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: October 19, 2009 03:24PM

When I was a child, my parents were "The Flying Wednesdays." They were exceptionally skilled trapeze artists at a local circus.

A local gangster named Boss Zucco began to extort protection money from the circus, and met with some resistance. His goons sabotaged the trapeze equipment, and my parents fell to their death, leaving me an orphan.

Dan Meier adopted me, and got me started on a rigorous training program, teaching me physical combat and detective skills. Together, Mr. Meier and I brought Boss Zucco to justice.

Such a nice guy.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: rssstudent ()
Date: October 19, 2009 03:26PM

yes, meier was at the school today, but i doubt he will be there for much longer

My Dad.
Posted by: Mike Meier ()
Date: October 19, 2009 03:54PM

I've been reading the posts on this site for the past 24 hours, and up until this point I've been restraining myself from commenting. My name is Mike Meier, I'm Dan Meier's oldest son, a Robinson Alum (2007), and currently a Yearling at the United States Military Academy at West Point. Needless to say, reading the posts in response to the recently published examiner article has been a hurtful experience, not only because these terrible statements have been aimed at my father, but because these convictions are being aimed at a truly innocent man. I can't necessarily blame many of you for your sentiments toward my father after reading the article. The content of the article, even just its mere title are enough to place my dad on a pedestal next to Bernie Madoff and other financial schemers that have emerged throughout this period of recession. While the article highlights many true facts about the situation, the author came nowhere near painting the entire picture. Although my dad declined to speak with the paper, there is a whole other side to this story which was left conspicuously absent in the article. I realize many of the people posting on this site have prior-existing views of my father, and that’s okay, but I hope after explaining the story in its entirety that many of you will give my father at least the benefit of considering his side of the story. However, I do realize that a good amount of the people is purely immature with their pathetic statements (“karma is a bitch Dan...Hope that your wife and kids find time to visit you in prison"). To those of you posting comments like this, I do not intend, nor do I care to change your vantage point because your invalid and classless posts have labeled you as someone not even worth my consideration.

3 or 4 years ago my dad made an investment through a former student/ football player of his who had made a large amount of money buying and selling real estate, particularly in the North Carolina Coastal area. My dad (the oldest of 8 children who were raised without a mother) had worked his back off for every penny he had earned in his life, starting in the school system as a teacher/ counselor/ football coach, and eventually working his way up the administrative ladder until he reached what was essentially a dream job, as principal of Robinson Secondary. At first he was very skeptical to invest his money through TRM, but his former student assured him that he would eventually make money and would not regret his investment. Several months after buying his first lot, my dad sold it, making a nice amount of money. He told his 2 brothers, and 1 or 2 of his closest friends about his experiment with TRM, and the success he saw, and they decided to invest in a lot with TRM as well. There was absolutely no illegal activity in this process, they were simply purchasing beachfront lots that were due to be developed within a few years, and selling the lots several months later, after the prices for the lots had raised. Simple real estate. My dad bought one or 2 more lots, made more money selling them again. Not once did my father seek out "business" for TRM or his former student among teachers or other employees of the school system. When asked about his experience, my dad gave true testimonials to others (often his friends and co-workers) about the success he had with TRM. Though he recommended others looking into this opportunity, he simply only referred other to TRM, and never handled any business personally. My dad would simply give the interested investors a point of contact for TRM if they were interested, and that was that. After receiving a large amount of business from people that my dad had referred to TRM, his former student began to write my dad several checks for customers he had referred. Again, there is absolutely no wrongdoing in this, my dad gave true testimonials of his success, and was receiving money for his referrals. Nothing illegal, again simply business. At NO point in this situation was my father either deceitful or dishonest to his family, friends, and co-workers. Many of the people whom he referred to TRM were able to sell their lots and make decent amount of money. My dad was asked to give his personal testimonial on behalf of TRM at several business seminars, of which he was paid for. Again, nothing illegal. What I have explained up until this point is the extent of my dad's interaction with TRM, and his involvement with this so-called "fraud".

What happened next in this situation, unfortunately was simply a case of bad timing. Many of these referred customers had bought lots from TRM, and were currently paying mortgage on them, waiting for their value to increase so that they could sell these lots. WHAT THE ARTICLE DID NOT MENTION was that along with these customers (predominately teachers and FCPS employees who heard about TRM through my dad or my uncle) was that my dad had bought 2 more lots from TRM and was paying mortgage on these lots, just like everyone else was. SO IF DAN MEIER KNEW HE WAS TRAPPING THESE TEACHERS INTO FRAUD, would it make sense for him to continue investing in TRM's lots? Think about that one... Simultaneously with the purchasing of these new lots, last year’s housing market and economy collapse put a virtual freeze on buying across the nation. Though the value of these lots plummeted, along with every other asset in the real estate business, consumers were no longer willing to buy these properties, because nobody could afford it. The unfortunate fact is that my dad, along with many of his friends, co-workers, and many others who had been referred to TRM were stuck paying high mortgages on these lots, with no relief in the near future. AGAIN, I emphasize that my dad was stuck paying for these lots just like the rest of the people who eventually filed the lawsuit which included my dad. Naturally, money became very tight around the house, and we suffered just like the rest of the families who were losing money trying to pay for their lots. The timing was terrible. Like the rest of the country, nobody in this situation was able to foresee the economic future, and who could have predicted the economy to collapse itself in the manner that it did? The unfortunate fact is this: these customers of TRM had invested moments before an economic disaster, and it was truly bad timing, not deceit or fraud that had left them in the financial situation they were in.

However, like most of us do, the victims in this situation (naturally) were looking for someone to blame. These people felt cheated because they had heard by dad's testimony of success through TRM, and because they did not attain a similar outcome, they naturally felt screwed. A civil suit was put together against TRM and my father, which was eventually signed by 20-40 people, many of whom were previously very close friends of my father. My dad's name was added to the lawsuit because he was considered “a pillar of the community" that had reportedly gave dishonest testimony and was convicted of selling his friends into a scheme to make money. I cannot explain the level of absurdity that this lawsuit registered in my mind, as the most honest and dignified man I have ever met in my life was being a held responsible for a money-making scheme. Absolute ludicrous. If my dad was a money-motivated man, he would have left the underpaid school system years ago and taken his elite leadership assets elsewhere to make money. However, the pending lawsuit put a pause on all of the plaintiff's mortgages for the lots that they had bought. Until the case was settled, the owners of the lots would not have to pay for their ownership, as they were attempting to blame that ownership on my dad, and were essentially suing in an attempt to make him pay for all of their lot mortgages. Although my dad knew from the depths of his soul that he had done absolutely nothing wrong and broken no laws, the entire case put him under an immense amount of stress. The high cost of lawyers made the financial situation even tighter at home. Though both the lawyers and my father were confident that there was simply no case against him in the lawsuit, the worry of the entire situation going public placed immense pressure on my dad's shoulders, and for months he carried this heavy burden with a firm backbone and a high head. As seen in the article recently published, the situation going public would undoubtedly shine a bad light on my father, and give a biased spin of the story, regardless of his side of the story, and needless to say it did just that.

THE LAWSUIT AGAINST MY DAD was thrown out by the judge in its preliminary hearing last month. The plaintiffs had no evidence of any wrongdoing or illegal activity by my father, and the judge stated that there simply was no case. Mrs. Pisner, the plaintiffs' attorney contacted the Washington Examiner regarding the so called "fraud" that my dad and uncle were accused of being involved in. Though I'm not exactly sure what here motive was, I'm assuming it was to provide at least some sort of emotional compensation for her clients who had lost the case. It seems to me that Mrs. Pisner took a serious low-blow on my father, knowing that any headline titled "Teachers, Principal Caught in Fraud Case" would instantly spread like wildfire across the Metro Area, and potentially threaten my father's standing in the school system. While I understand this may have been a trick of the trade (as I am currently studying American Legal Studies at West Point) on Mrs. Pisner's part, I wonder how she will be able to go home and tell her son, a Robinson student, that she has professionally screwed Robinson's beloved Mr. Meier (and all you RHS alum will admit, he is the man!). But unlike some of the posts above mine on this site, I am not going to make personal attacks at someone’s parent because I have been reading spiteful comments toward my father all day and trust me, it hurts.

I hope that throughout the duration of this somewhat lengthy post, you have at least considered this point of view. Two of America’s founding principles were the Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press. While, in this situation, it is harmful to read many of these spiteful comments, and difficult to read the spotty-detailed article, I respect the bloggers' freedom of speech, and the authors; freedom of press. I realize that the spin put on the examiner article makes it very difficult to see my father in a good light, but I guarantee anyone that knows my father personally was able to see through the accusations an bias of this article, and see Danny Meier for who he truly is: an asset to the Robinson community, a leader in the Fairfax County Public School System, and a man of concrete character. My dad has always been, and still is my biggest hero, I love him very much, and will continue to follow the sterling example he has set for the remainder of my life. Thank you for your time, and may God Bless America.

Very Respectfully,

Cadet Michael Meier
United States Military Academy
Class of 2012

Posted by: Rammom22015 ()
Date: October 19, 2009 04:11PM

No question that Dan Meier has consistently overlooked violations of SR & R. His son Tim is no angel, has violated SR & R, and doesn't deserve the free taxpayer education at West Point, not to mention he's not fit to lead troops into battle. Ask him what happened the summer before he went to college. Meier's wife is a piece of work too, loves to look down her nose with disdain at others while living on a high perch supported by fraud. The higher you live the harder the fall. You reap what you sow...

Date: October 19, 2009 04:18PM

Mike Meier (and I believe that this is really you)...are you sure that you want to engage in this type of discussion on a public forum? Free speech is a great thing, but no one here really cares to read 500 words on how your dad is being screwed and if what you are saying is true I expect that a libel suit is being prepared against the Examiner.

Even if your father is innocent of the fraud and conspiracy charges, I still believe that he is a shadow of the leader that his predecessor, Ann Monday, was. The truth hurts, but no great loss to FCPS if you father faded back into the woodwork.

Posted by: idontknow ()

Two initial thoughts here;

1) this certainly reads as if prepared/reviewed by legal counsel;
2) taking/accepting $$ from the promoter based on referals is where Dan Meier was wrong and should be held accountable for...when you do that, you become a promoter.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()

tl;dr

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: none ()
Date: October 19, 2009 04:21PM

Mike, know this is so very hurtful for you and your family. Everyone stands in line to judge and no one has a right to....greed is a funny thing, no one blamed or questioned your father when they were making money, why did they turn so quickly when they weren't? No one can possibly know the whole truth. You will be ok; the money, the lies,is nothing because you have, as a family, something no one can take away, eachother. Stick together and don't worry about the rest. God bless you.

Posted by: The Dude ()
Date: October 19, 2009 04:32PM

Fuck everyone who is bashing his family and kids. That does show a true lack of character. Let's remember "innocent" until proven guilty. TRM is the crooked one not Dan. I know this for a fact...

Posted by: rbss ()
Date: October 19, 2009 04:36PM

Seriously everyone who is talking shit about his family and him need to shut up because none of you know anything about what is going in his life or with his family. You don't know anything about his sons or daughters or his wife so just shut the fuck up.

Date: October 19, 2009 04:40PM

rbss Wrote:
> Seriously everyone who is talking shit about his
> family and him need to shut up because none of you
> know anything about what is going in his life or
> with his family. You don't know anything about
> his sons or daughters or his wife so just shut the
> fuck up.

You must be new around here...not really a reason not to have and share an opinion. Plus, how do you know what we know or do not know?

Posted by: currentDanfan ()
Date: October 19, 2009 04:41PM

i am a current senior at Robinson Secondary School. Although this allegation comes as a surprise, i support Mr. Meier. He has been nothing but generous and sweet and would jump a mile to help anyone who asks.

There is only one article about this fraud. there is no proof of this accusation. I love Mr. Meier and although i am disappointed, he will pay for his consequences. What he really needs now is our support...not our scrutiny.

Posted by: RESPA ()
Date: October 19, 2009 05:02PM

Mike, I understand that you want to stand behind your father. However Under RESPA(Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act), Dan Meier is involed in a criminal act under HUD. An agent cannot give a referral fee (10-25k) to anyone who is not a licensed agent. Now please do not think that we are all so stupid as to believe that, (perhaps not the 1st 1 or 2 but by the time it got to 100k) with kind of money coming in that he would not at least google the laws. If indeed he did not then that is more of a reason to step down and perhaps go live in those 2 lots he has been paying for. Oh that's right he filed BK

Posted by: stick to the issues ()
Date: October 19, 2009 05:13PM

Can we all stop with the mindless personal tributes to this principal. He gets paid $120k to be a "good principal". Unless he pulled kids out of a burning building, who cares if he is "nice" or a "good principal".

He is expected to be like that!!!

As far as the other accusations. Nice, how this kid wants privacy, etc for his family but is willing to thriow the kid of the attorney under the bus. How is that character building class going at West Point young man?

Look, your dad abused his position of trust with his employees. Period. Were they greedy? Of course-everyone likes to make a fast buck with no risk.

Your dad collected speaking fees and commissions for each of these people that he was "trying to help out". Did he disclose that? He should have.

The land deals were nothing more than a PONZI scheme-plain and simple. One of these properties changed hands SIX times in one year! Most of the transactions were between TRM and its employees. The reason? To show an artificial "value" of the land. That is where the fraud comes in.

If you are hired as a spokesperson you have an ethical responsibility to ensure that the business that YOU are representing is legit. He did not do that.

It is unfair to suggest that this principal played no role in this fraudulent scheme. Oh, btw, how much money did he make when the smoke cleared? I bet he came out ahead. If not, HE should be named as a plaintiff and not as a defendent in this suit.

Date: October 19, 2009 05:47PM

Mike... don't let these people get to you. Most of them are idiots who apparently have never made any mistakes. Anyone who knows your family well loves and respects you guys. Hang in there buddy

Posted by: RobertGreyberg ()
Date: October 19, 2009 05:48PM

Kudos to Michael Meier for properly and politely explaining his Dad's side of the story. Who are a bunch of people with no lives, snooping around on a gossip entrenched internet chat room that mainly consists of sex predators, soccer moms, and fresh out of college tech geeks to judge a man who runs one of the largest and most well-known high schools in the nation?

To all these people who have nothing better to do than criticize a man they don't even know, and a case they hardly have any unbiased information about; do you have hearts?

Imagine if you were in Dan Meier's shoes and your neighbors, students, former students, and students' parents were muckraking lies and rumors about you? How would that be? So please, can we respect the privacy of this man and this family, and let him keep his own business to himself?

Clearly this man did a good job with himself enough that he has worked his way up to his current administrative position at such a large and well-known school and has raised a son who now attends West Point, one of the best, most well honored, and physically and academically demanding schools in the country.

Honestly, what puts all of you people in the position to critique such a man?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 05:55PM by RobertGreyberg.

Posted by: Questions? ()
Date: October 19, 2009 05:49PM

Mike since you seem to like to write, care to answer? Ask him what happened the summer before he went to college.

I do not expect to hear an answer as that is the meier way, not going to answer this, i will file bankruptcy, There I am Meier, case closed. Please do not confuse the matter with facts.

Date: October 19, 2009 05:52PM

Well put Rob.... although it will make no difference. These are the types of people who talk shit on a blog site about people they don't even know just to make themselves feel better about their sad and pathetic lives.

Re: My Dad.
Date: October 19, 2009 05:53PM

"My dad bought one or 2 more lots, made more money selling them again. Not once did my father seek out "business" for TRM or his former student among teachers or other employees of the school system."

Mike, How did your Dad make money on the 2 or more lots buying and selling them. There are accusations of inflated values.

Your father did, in fact, seek out "business" among teachers or other employees of the school system.
" My dad was asked to give his personal testimonial on behalf of TRM at several business seminars, of which he was paid for."

The implication that there was value inflation of these properties involving the likes of Bank of America and testimonials from appraisers that they would not become involved is not a good thing.

You Dad was paid a lot of money to speak at seminars to share his news and spread the wealth. He was, in fact, luring potential buyers to keep the business prosperous. Where did the money to keep this business going with great prosperity come from?

Was you Dad unaware of what was going on? Did he not know/understand how this much money could be made by flipping land, at times, in short periods of time? This money was made when the market was prosperous, but the amount of money implicated does not fit the appreciation of this property at this time.

I think your Dad will need to prove that he was not aware of what was going on. There are timelines that will need to be investigated. All this is going to take time.

My kids went to Robinson during the Meier family new home purchase. It was curiously out of financial character for a high school principal. I remember thinking "someone must have died" and good for them. I think it is admirable that you want to defend your Dad. We have heard all the "nice guy" stories. However, the public deserves to know if this "pillar of the community" is just that. He is making decisions that effect our kids and we pay his salary.

I think it is a good idea to let things play out. You and your siblings have enough on your plate with college and high school and your Dad is a strong person.
This process may take a while.

Date: October 19, 2009 05:53PM

I know, and thank you PCAS for your positive support. It is uplifting to see that some people have some decency left in them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 05:54PM by RobertGreyberg.

Posted by: re.RobertGreyberg ()
Date: October 19, 2009 05:56PM

Imagine if you were in Dan Meier's shoes and your neighbors, students, former students, and students' parents were muckraking lies and rumors about you? How would that be? So please, can we respect the privacy of this man and this family, and let him keep his own business to himself?

I notice you did not mention Teachers over 40 that he scammed. He used his postion to get upwards of 25k EACH sale. But now we should respect his privacy.
Please

You can be truthful all your life and get caught in one lie and will always be known as a liar. If he was the man some of you say he would have fought the charges, he did not. Now staying in power (and yes that is what he thinks it/he is) he is showing what type of lowlife he is

Posted by: talky ()
Date: October 19, 2009 06:05PM

There is not doubt that Mr. Meier is talking the talk. He puts a great deal of effort into talking the talk. He has taught his kids to talk the talk. The image put forth is flawless.

This is about walking the walk.

Holy crap, my Dad raised 10 kids, grew up poor, put us all through college, blah blah blah. No one, at any point in time, ever, had to prove to anyone that he was a good man.

Date: October 19, 2009 06:19PM

Your bull shit talk only paints the picture of your background, maybe you yourself could use some education to know that a newspaper article doesn't state facts.

Posted by: leave him alone ()
Date: October 19, 2009 06:23PM

Leave Dan Maier alone! He was engaged in a legitimate business transaction and those who lost money are a bunch of crybabies!

Just look at one of the transactions:

Cape Carteret-Lot number 135, if you don't believe me.

TRM bought the lot on May 5th 2006 for $180,000. On the SAME DAY, TRM "flipped" it to Darryl Brogan for $250,000. Brogan was the President of Development for TRM.

In July 2006 Brogan sold it back to TRM for $225,000-a loss. On the SAME DAY, TRM sold it to Charles Deuterman for $310,000. Deuterman's daughter is the VP of Finance for TRM.

In June of 2007 TRM bought the land back from the Deutermans for $289,500 and on the SAME DAY sold it to Babette and William Hale for $354,000.

This was a land ponzi scheme-there was no "investing" going on. TRM and its employees deliberately schemed to show false values on this land. It is the greater fool theory in practice.

And our principal friend helped them ring the register. Kaching!

Show us your tax return, Dan! Show us how much money you "lost" in this scam.

Posted by: Wow ()
Date: October 19, 2009 06:32PM

Wow I do not know this man but, as it was just said about another's father "No one, at any point in time, ever, had to prove to anyone that he was a good man."

That say's it all. If you have to, as his son did, go on & on & on then well....

If you have to take the bankruptcy way out well....
We all know that if we are accused and are in the right then stand up and fight. I really could not see not fighting charges that were not true, even if it bankrupted me just to file Bankruptcy and to just let him keep his postion like nothing happend, It is clear that he is guilty just by the BK filing.

Posted by: Questions ()
Date: October 19, 2009 06:35PM

Mike Still waiting for the answer

Ask him what happened the summer before he went to college.

Posted by: ramlover ()
Date: October 19, 2009 06:47PM

As far as Fairfax 22032 is concerned you come off sounding bitter, jealous and are typical of uninvolved parents at the school whose kids do nothing and are envious of the kids who work hard in class, sports, music, drama etc. and who excel and are not just bodies in the school. I have had meetings with Mr. Meier and found him to be responsive and helpful. Don't hate the families and kids that are involved at the school.

Posted by: The Smiths ()
Date: October 19, 2009 06:51PM

Well said Mike Meier! Your dad and your mom must be very proud of thier son at this moment. We support your dad, and urge all those in a rush to judgement to review all the facts in this story. It seems to us that the judge in NC was correct in her ruling, and that should be the end of it!

GMU Hokie Wrote:
> Dude,
>
> post the entire story.
>
>
>
> Crime
>
>
> Teachers, principals caught in fraud case
> By: Leah Fabel and Scott McCabe
> Washington Examiner
> October 18, 2009 Fairfax educators sue over
> alleged land scam
>
> Two Fairfax County public school principals and
> dozens of teachers they recruited into a North
> Carolina land deal have been caught up in what
> could be the largest mortgage fraud case in state
> history, according to court documents.
>
> A federal grand jury in North Carolina has been
> probing the massive fraud case. Teachers were left
> with worthless land and gaping holes in their bank
> accounts, according to lawsuits growing out of the
> case.
>
> Daniel Meier, principal at Fairfax's Robinson
> Secondary School, and his brother Thomas Meier,
> principal at McLean's Langley High School, worked
> with a former student, Mark Dain, to motivate
> investors to pay artificially inflated prices for
> land in coastal North Carolina at the height of
> the housing boom, according to a lawsuit brought
> by the investors. Dain was a co-founder of the now
> defunct Total Realty Management, based out of
> Woodbridge.
>
> The company purchased subdivisions worth
> approximately $150,000 before turning around and
> selling them for double and sometimes triple that
> figure, according to the complaint. The Meier
> brothers allegedly offered "testimonials" on the
> scheme's success before crowds that often included
> teachers and colleagues. The sales were
> manipulated through "sham transactions" and
> multiple misrepresentations, according to the
> complaint filed in January in a Virginia federal
> court.
>
> A lawyer for the plaintiffs in the lawsuit said
> the FBI had begun a criminal probe into the deals.
> FBI spokespersons in D.C. and North Carolina could
> not confirm whether the case has expanded to TRM.
>
> Both Meiers are still administrators in Fairfax
> schools. Daniel Meier was named in the original
> lawsuit brought by the teachers. Thomas Meier was
> not named as a defendant in the lawsuit, but was
> depicted as involved in recruiting teachers.
>
> " scheme was lent an air of legitimacy by the
> involvement of Daniel Meier and Tommy Meier," said
> the civil complaint on behalf of about 130
> Virginia residents, including about 40 Fairfax
> teachers.
>
> The company allegedly "paid Daniel Meier $25,000
> for each lot purchased from TRM in the ubdivisions
> by any individual referred by ," although "eachers
> were not aware that received commissions based on
> their purchases."
>
> Daniel Meier denied all charges in a response to
> the complaint filed in March.
>
> Both Meier brothers recently filed for bankruptcy
> in federal court. Daniel Meier listed more than
> $100 million in liabilities on account of the
> lawsuits pending against him.
>
> Jill Pisner, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said her
> clients have stopped pursuing claims against
> Daniel Meier.
>
> "He is in bankruptcy and his debts exceed his
> assets," Pisner said. "What money he made, and he
> earned referral fees of $10,000 to $25,000 per lot
> on about 35 to 50 sales, plus speaker fees of
> $1,000 per seminar, is gone now."
>
> Both Pisner and Daniel Meier's lawyer, Alan
> Shachter, said the FBI was likely not
> investigating Meier.
>
> Calls and e-mails to the Meier brothers were not
> returned. Teachers referred questions to Pisner.
>
> Dain could not be reached for comment. The
> teachers are still pursuing his company, TRM.
>
> The case has garnered huge headlines in North
> Carolina as a federal grand jury investigated
> various allegations including whether former North
> Carolina Gov. Mike Easley got a sweetheart deal on
> waterfront property and helped green-light permits
> for the project.
>
>
> lfabel@washingtonexaminer.com -
> smccabe@washingtonexaminer.com

Date: October 19, 2009 07:11PM

Questions need to GROW UP. Would love for someone to put your past life on a forum list. You sound like a JERK.

Date: October 19, 2009 07:17PM

RAMMOM 22015.........are you proud of yourself calling out Tim and his mother in your post? It must be hard for you to live with all the jealousy and envy you have towards others. You sound like a very sad person who doesn't like their life.

Date: October 19, 2009 07:23PM

Rammom22015 Wrote:
and doesn't deserve
> the free taxpayer education at West Point, not to
> mention he's not fit to lead troops into battle.

To add on to ramlover's comment..... I would like to know what 18 year old kid is ready to lead their troops into battle? I served in the Marines and most of the 23 or 24 year old lieutenants that I had didn't seem battle ready at first.... it takes time and experience you dumb ass. And just for the record... both of those boys are serving their country.... something that is as honorable as it gets in my book... and something that I am assuming you have never done. I would be interested to hear what your kids are doing these days. Probably not much considering they were raised by a hateful and envious bitch

Posted by: Fed Up ()
Date: October 19, 2009 07:24PM

Dan Meier is the best. He is the best at schmoozing and back slapping. He is the best at lying. Dan can look you in the eye, tell you he'll do anything for you, and you believe him. He's mastered the art. I have personally experienced it and felt the betrayal and hurt that comes from it. His quote about one lie leading to another is exactly what I experienced from him. The lies went on and on. I knew he was lying, but I desperately wanted to believe him. What hurts the most is that he thought I was as stupid as he was and believed him. After doing research on my own, I proved he lied to me and brought it to his attention. He wasn't quite so nice then. This man cannot lead a school any longer, he needs to resign, or maybe the School Board should step up and get rid of him.

Posted by: ramloverNOT ()
Date: October 19, 2009 07:25PM

Ramlover it is ok for little Meier to call out the lawyer's kid but not visa versa? Typical meier thoght process, we do it it is right, when you do it it should be punished.

He is either a crook (proballY) or stupid (I do not think he is) either way he has NO buisness being in charge of a school

Posted by: Harpreet Budwal ()
Date: October 19, 2009 07:31PM

So everyone on this page is man enough to leave their comments about the issue up here, but no one was man enough to leave their name? You say dirty things and think you're all macho. but your all scared to even mention who you are. If you can't even go up to Dan Meier and say that stuff in his face then your just a pussy and use the internet to hide yourself.
How can you even tell if he did wrong if only one crappy source has reported him. We live in the richest county in the country, if some big thing like this really happened it would be all over the country by now. so everyone just stop falsely blaming Mr. Meier for something he hasn't been proved of doing.

Date: October 19, 2009 07:32PM

Amen

Posted by: Harpreet Budwal ()
Date: October 19, 2009 07:36PM

He didn't call out the kid, just stated he went to Robinson. Besides the mom did what was in best interest to her clients. Was it wrong? Yes it was. But that was the choice of the mom, not the kid. Don't drag children into something they don't have control over.

Posted by: hey ()
Date: October 19, 2009 07:48PM

All the testimonials to Mr Meier don't surprise me.

Crooks are some of the nicest people around! In fact, their personableness is their greatest asset. By all accounts, Bernie Madoff was a charming fellow.

My best bud is crooked as a corkscrew but a better friend you couldn't ask for (he doesn't try to screw his buddies).

PS: I'm talking congames here, not violent crime or drug-dealing or anything like that.

Posted by: Ali Clark ()
Date: October 19, 2009 08:02PM

I LOVE MR.MEIER!

Posted by: class 06 ()
Date: October 19, 2009 08:29PM

I didn't really like Mr. Meier when i went there and this makes me like him less;

Posted by: SarahMartin ()
Date: October 19, 2009 08:51PM

Its funny how everyone ragging on the Meiers has the balls to put their name...

sad
Date: October 19, 2009 08:56PM

Mike,
I sincerely hope you are not reading this blog. I cannot believe the awful things poeple have written about your dad and your family. I am disgusted that people would offer such insulting things about your lovely mother and brothers. I will pray for your dad and your family that you will receive some peace in this trying time.

Posted by: ProudRam ()
Date: October 19, 2009 08:57PM

Agreed Michael Meier.
I do not believe that either of the Meier brothers are guilty.
I believe that it was them trying to make a profit just as any good business man would do. I think the buyers are at fault as well since they did not do further research on the value of the bought land. I don't think that you should be judging a man that you don't even know. He is a very good principal and will always be loved at Robinson. I'm certain that the truth will come out. My respect goes out to the Meier family.

THEY ARE BOTH INNOCENT AND VERY MUCH LOVED BY BOTH FAMILY AND STUDENTS!

GO RAMS!

Posted by: Robinson Student ()
Date: October 19, 2009 08:59PM

I agree, I know a few students who were expelled immediately for things and they were never really forgiven with a second chance. So if he gets a second chance I see no justice

Posted by: robinson ()
Date: October 19, 2009 09:01PM

My dad didnt do what he did

Posted by: Time to show some ram pride? ()
Date: October 19, 2009 09:04PM

Students and teachers reading this; Let’s show our support and love by wearing blue and gold on Friday. We have a great school, we have a great principal! I think now is the time when we should think about everything we have seen and felt as students and teachers BEYOND THIS. Also, think about what Mr. Meier might be feeling lets show how we can really back a ram!

Posted by: MarkJ ()
Date: October 19, 2009 09:07PM

you guys talk big. Fairfax22032, Stick to the issues, RamMom22015... I'm calling you out. If you think you're so big and have the balls to say what you believe so thoroughly then tell us your names... Or are you too ashamed of the soulless beings that you are?

Date: October 19, 2009 09:32PM

ramlover Wrote:
> As far as Fairfax 22032 is concerned you come off
> sounding bitter, jealous and are typical of
> uninvolved parents at the school whose kids do
> nothing and are envious of the kids who work hard
> in class, sports, music, drama etc. and who excel
> and are not just bodies in the school. I have had
> meetings with Mr. Meier and found him to be
> responsive and helpful. Don't hate the families
> and kids that are involved at the school.

Sounds like I touched a nerve...while my wife and I are not as involved as someone like Karen Baxter or Angie Marquis, I would stand up to just about anyone regarding my involvement and support at Robinson over 10 years and 3 children. Two of my children were full IB, all played varsity sports, one attended Governor's School and Girls State, and one was heavily involved with drama and participated in international theater festivals, so no need to be envious or jealous of other parent's children - I am quite proud of my own.

Date: October 19, 2009 09:38PM

Time to show some ram pride? Wrote:
> Students and teachers reading this; Let’s show
> our support and love by wearing blue and gold on
> Friday. We have a great school, we have a great
> principal! I think now is the time when we should
> think about everything we have seen and felt as
> students and teachers BEYOND THIS. Also, think
> about what Mr. Meier might be feeling lets show
> how we can really back a ram!

Better yet, wear something with stripes to help ease Dan Meier's transition to his new wardrobe.

Posted by: MarkJ ()
Date: October 19, 2009 09:39PM

wow fairfax22032. still no name?

Posted by: Angie Marquis ()
Date: October 19, 2009 10:02PM

I appreciate the compliment (I think) to my previous involvement at Robinson, however, I am NOT a part of this discussion and would appreciate that any and ALL references to me personnally be left out of this. I no longer have children at Robinson and this does not concern me anymore. Thank you.

Posted by: Angie Marquis ()
Date: October 19, 2009 10:04PM

I meant to add that I was informed by a friend of the mention of my name specifically. Leave me out of this!!!

Posted by: Chantillyhaxer ()
Date: October 19, 2009 10:14PM

Ok, so i have never met this dude, but a friend down the hall has gotten quite upset by all of this.

Faifax22032 - SUCK A DICK. You need to Grow up and get something better to do than talk trash about people who are going though some bad shit. Also, the level of involvement your children had in activitys does not reflect on their character. I know plenty of smart kids who also participate in illegal activitys, and i know varcity athetes who have comitted drunin battery. so overall, you kinda just suck.... go away, no one wants you here. :D

Posted by: Ethics is not a forgotten concept ()
Date: October 19, 2009 10:17PM

Mike Meier is a nice son but I hope West Point still teaches "ethics" as well as the law. These are two different things. For his father to suggest his friends and colleagues invest in a real estate venture when he is not telling them that he is being paid to find investors is unethical. To do this as a community leader is even worse.

Also this was a man with great power and influence over other peoples lives who wanted more,to become rich. Otherwise he would have not bought the very expensive house in Clifton, yes, Mike there are other decent places to live in Fairfax County.

Pages: 1234AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 4

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.