HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
democrats: getting overheated in a Metro with dead air-conditioning "called a classic DC area pass-time"
Posted by: realllly is it or are you lying? ()
Date: May 27, 2017 01:43PM

metro_train_source_wikimedia-1470246806-

WASHINGTON – (WMAL) It’s one of those classic summer pastimes in D.C. – getting onto your Metro train only to find it sweltering inside, and seeing the pained faces of commuters around you forced to endure the sweaty, heavy, suffocating air.

-----------------------

the fuck it is

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: democrats: getting overheated in a Metro with dead air-conditioning "called a classic DC area pass-time"
Posted by: jyphx ()
Date: May 27, 2017 09:14PM

5574a915a0699.jpg

Re: democrats: getting overheated in a Metro with dead air-conditioning "called a classic DC area pass-time"
Posted by: jmylm ()
Date: May 27, 2017 09:18PM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbxEejPjjLXmxMEipT_uC

^^ fx co gov now has access to using cox cable set top boxes to listen in on you (only if your criminal - as they see it)

Posted by: jjycu ()
Date: May 29, 2017 11:43AM

Posted by: GPBFC ()
Date: May 29, 2017 04:47PM

Years ago, got into one of those Metrorail cars without AC, and had a digital thermometer with me, and 10 minutes into the trip, measured the temperature in the car at 95 degrees.

Posted by: ecf4u ()
Date: May 29, 2017 05:05PM

GPBFC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Years ago, got into one of those Metrorail cars
> without AC, and had a digital thermometer with me,
> and 10 minutes into the trip, measured the
> temperature in the car at 95 degrees.

your lying

years ago the AC worked because the units weren't old enough to have failed

years ago they weren't broken due to mexicans signing off on maintenance sheets because; THEY WERE NOT YET DUE FOR MAINTENANCE, WE ALL KNOW A/C LASTS YEARS WITHOUT MAINTENANCE.

Posted by: Sam Mann ()
Date: May 29, 2017 05:06PM

Not a frequent rider, does the AC play into the better then nothing argument? The doors open and it seems another burst of hot air comes in, by the time they shut any help the AC gives is sucked out the doors. With the frequent stops it seems they cannot have any effect.

Posted by: hmxht ()
Date: May 29, 2017 05:07PM

"years ago my metro car caught the whole tunnel on fire because of a track electrical problem"

^^ again a lie: years ago corrosion and moreso vibration had not yet loosed the track, years ago mexicans were not "inspecting" the system and signing off on things they hadn't even looked at

Posted by: hmnuc ()
Date: May 29, 2017 05:08PM

years ago i road the metro when there wasn't even metro in fairfax yet and the cars were not yet requiring replacement of things like A/C

^^ that's not a lie

Posted by: to be honest ()
Date: May 30, 2017 01:06AM

...the hot cars are quite unpleasant.

Nothing, however, will beat a hot car reeking of urine.

Posted by: nog hauler rider ()
Date: May 30, 2017 07:41AM

Ahh yes.

There is nothing like watching a tourist forced to stand in the middle of a car on one of those hundred degree days...maybe a lady about 5'2". Then a group muzzies wearing beaters gets on and stands in the middle right on her face. As the train starts to move they all grab the bar overhead and expose their hairy armpits to air out on that train and in that woman's face. Those armpits have never once been crossed with any form of deodorant.

The nog hauler has many forms of daily punishment.

Posted by: mxdg9 ()
Date: June 03, 2017 07:17PM

Posted by: Metro maintenance man ()
Date: June 04, 2017 07:49AM

The major problems on the older cars are due to the EPA restrictions on R-22 that was driving the costs so high we had to start retrofitting to R-407c but there were unforeseen problems with the 407c. Not only were we experiencing serious fractionalization problems on the units with small leaks but the new chemical was breaking down the mineral based compressor oils.
We have switched to 422-d now and having better results but the damage is done. None of this would have happened it the EPA had not started phasing out r-22.

Posted by: TPayne ()
Date: March 22, 2021 05:44PM

I know and summer is coming again. On top of that you have Covid as well in the metros. They need to install even filtration systems let apart better air conditions. I'm not a big expert when it comes to conditions myself, but I definitely know that a copper coil would be really beneficial for such air conditions. I found this information while I was reading a few best home appliances reviews while fooling around the other day. Apparently the copper coil air condition that I have in my house is even protecting against some bacteria due to Copper being a natural enemy of them. So with Covid and all I think it would be a good idea for the public transportation systems.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2021 07:33AM by TPayne.

Posted by: Uncle Ralph ()
Date: March 22, 2021 07:03PM

Back in the day, METRO was a rickety old bus line owned by a dude named O Roy Chalk. it wasn't unusual on a sweltering July day to see one of those diesel belching monsters crawling up I-95 heading south with all the windows open and heads hanging out gasping for air. Good times!

Back then the bus lanes ran underneath the Pentagon and coming down the stairs from the Concourse you entered a sea of blue diesel smoke and humidity.

Summers in DC are never to be forgotten.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.