HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
slavery was practiced in all the colonies
Posted by: causeican ()
Date: May 27, 2017 10:10AM

While it is hard to understand how slavery could ever be acceptable, it was. It was in other parts of the world before America existed. It was a means for man-power to build nations. It was how nations were built all around the world. Was it right? No. There is a lot wrong with the way people do things. With God, and a belief in God, people learn and try to do what’s right.

It’s almost comical how people think they are standing in a righteous place when they can point their finger at someone else. The truth is, no one is righteous. Not even the north. Don’t make me laugh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: slavery was practiced in all the colonies
Posted by: slaves in dmv right now ()
Date: May 27, 2017 10:34AM

the only time anything becomes a big deal is when banksters decide to attack Christians or white people with it...(i.e. anything that stands in their way of global enslavement of humanity)

prostitution slavery exists in every state in the usa TODAY and there are no SOROS funded groups saying a word...

as for slavery, lincoln wanted to ship african americans back to africa and he only freed them in the south NOT the north...also, the percentage of freed slaves who owned slaves was higher than ownership percentage of whites...kind of like the number of illegal immigrant based companies are owned by former illegals themselves

i don't care how hardworking CHRISTIANS get into this country, we need more of them to resist the racists, snowflakes, and fake muslim refugee extremists who all fall for the bankster division by hate

Posted by: grophusharris ()
Date: May 27, 2017 11:01AM

In fact, Parliament passed a law that forbade the abolition of slavery in the Colonies.

Almost from the time that the French were kicked out of Vermont, the Vermont Territorial Legislature tried to abolish slavery. The failure of the Royal Governors of New York and New Hampshire and even of King George, himself, to address those decrees and, the measures that he ordered taken against the Vermont Territorial Legislature was the source of many of the complaints that Jefferson listed in the Declaration of Independence. By 1775, Vermont was in open revolt against the Crown. It adopted a Constitution in 1777. Article One of that Constitution specifically prohibits slavery. Vermont was admitted in 1791. Article One of its current Constitution is the same as it was in 1777.

The Third Wave of English migrants to Massachusetts also abhorred slavery. Many of them worked to have it eliminated in Massachusetts. The General Assembly would not ban it, citing the decree of Parliament that forbade its abolition in the Colonies. By 1775, things had changed. Massachusetts, like Vermont, was in open, armed revolt against the Crown. There were several attempts at adopting a Constitution there, all rejected by plebiscite, but finally, in 1780 one was adopted.

In 1779, The Massachusetts General Assembly decreed that "The descendants of African Negro slaves are Citizens of the Commonwealth, and, such as are eligible may be registered to vote." Further, in 1779, a slave named Quock Walker sued, demanding his freedom that had been promised to him by his late master (the wife had re-married and the new husband refused to honour the late husband's manumission). He won his freedom based on the manumission. Still, the new husband refused to honour the judge's decree. In 1781, Walker sued again, claiming that the Massachusetts Constitution prohibited slavery. The case came before Judge William Cushing. Cushing's instructions to the jury effectively ended lawful slavery in Massachusetts. Walker did have to sue one more time. In the Spring of 1783 for Cushing, ruling on the final Walker case, did rule, finally, that the Massachusetts Constitution did, in fact, prohibit slavery. Thus, Massachusetts became the only state that ever abolished slavery by judicial review. The War of Independence concluded in September, 1783.

Meanwhile, in 1781, as well, the case of Mum Bett came before the courts in Hampshire County, Massachusetts. There, Elizabeth Freeman, supported by abolitionists, sued in Hampshire County court claiming that the Massachusetts Constitution prohibited slavery. The judge ruled in her favour, but the ruling was binding only in Hampshire County.

In 1779, the Pennsylvania Legislature passed a law that provided for the gradual abolition of slavery. The Quakers generally abhorred slavery.

Many of the Americans considered slavery to be part of the old ways, something allowed under the British that had no place in a nation that arose for freedom's cause. Those people prevailed in Massachusetts, Vermont and Pennsylvania, as well as in Connecticut and Rhode Island, which abolished slavery in 1784, the year following the conclusion of the War of Independence. In some of the northern states, it did take a bit longer. New York did not abolish slavery until 1828. The New York slave owners were mostly the Dutch, who, although under British rule, then American, were still a powerful political bloc. They opposed the abolition of slavery.

When the Civil War began, New Jersey and Delaware were under gradual abolition. The last slave in New Jersey went free in 1863. At the war's conclusion, there were still some nine hundred slaves in Delaware. They did not go free until December, 1865, when the Thirteenth Amendment took effect.

West Virginia banned slavery in 1865.

Kentucky, although sympathetic to the Confederate cause, considered that it would not be to its advantage to secede. It never did abolish slavery until so compelled by the Thirteenth Amendment.

Missouri considered its position similar to that of Kentucky. It did, however, abolish slavery in January of 1865.

The presence of Federal troops prevented Maryland from seceding. On 26, October, 1864 (effective 1 November of that year), the Maryland House of Delegates voted to abolish slavery. Ironically, Roger Taney died that day.

In 1862, Lincoln ordered the slaves held in the District of Columbia to be set free. This was the largest compensated emancipation in the history of slavery in the United States.

Not everyone in America supported slavery, although more than a few did.

Posted by: A Fervent Prayer... ()
Date: May 27, 2017 11:06AM

...Please God, in Your Infinite Wisdom; Torture and Dismember all Google Professors!

Posted by: Inshallah ()
Date: May 27, 2017 11:18AM

A Fervent Prayer... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...Please God, in Your Infinite Wisdom; Torture
> and Dismember all Google Professors!

Amen, Amin, So be it.

GPs have a degree from G.U.?

Posted by: Too lazy to log back in ()
Date: May 27, 2017 11:29AM

If this is directed (or indirected) at me................

I didn't get this from Google. Since I'm not a "graduate" of FCPS, or any PS, for that matter, I actually had to learn something called "American History". Further, there are original attests to events of that era that are in my family's possession. Thus, I have an interest in that era.

If you don't like it, just TL;dr it (but put the past indicative tense of the "d" to the present imperative). If anyone is holding a firearm to your head and compelling you to read it, please report him to the Fairfax County Sheriff's Department. I have little doubt that they will handle the matter appropriately.

Posted by: Yeshua saves, nwo enslaves ()
Date: May 27, 2017 11:30AM

prayers from an atheist idiot convinced they are superior...no surprise piling idiocy on top of their idiocy

amazon is a new way to buy things...the internet is a new way to learn things...

major caveat is that one has to use internet carefully....if you believe all the msm lies on vaccines, gmo, abortion, wars, fed reserve...then internet cannot help you

Posted by: Dr. T. Y. Sanchez ()
Date: May 27, 2017 11:39AM

Yeshua saves,

Moses invests.

Solomon trades bonds.

Posted by: Badeye ()
Date: May 27, 2017 11:43AM

I love black pussy.

Posted by: North.Forever ()
Date: May 27, 2017 11:56AM

William Tecumseh Sherman...

Posted by: BHHLY ()
Date: May 27, 2017 01:40PM

Badeye Wrote:
> I love black pussy.

I do, too. I love to poke it and eat it, especially when she's on her period.

Posted by: I Heart Peekza ()
Date: May 27, 2017 07:37PM

Dr. T. Y. Sanchez Wrote:
> Yeshua saves,
>
>
> Moses invests.
>
> Solomon trades bonds.

And nKwame sells fellow niggers into slavery. True story.

Posted by: Benedict Arnold the Pig ()
Date: May 27, 2017 08:14PM

But oddly enough committing treason and taking up arms against the United States of America seems to be just a "Southern Thing".

It is enough, ghost owever, to rename some schools, pull some losers (Trumps words, not mine) off of their pedistals and generally scorn their traitorous, inbred spawn.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.