HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 14
Re: HS Football 2017
Posted by: HS Football 2017 ()
Date: August 26, 2017 09:04PM

Only real cool Westfield fans post on Virginia Preps. We circle jerk all the time over there into dixie cups.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Frequent Watched of WF Football ()
Date: August 27, 2017 07:45AM

HS Football 2017 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Only real cool Westfield fans post on Virginia
> Preps. We circle jerk all the time over there
> into dixie cups.

You know, for someone who is so obsessed with this program you certainly seem to spend a good amount of time, logging in under other posters user names, to sarcastically mock this team and their fans.

You possible might need some professional help, just saying.......

Date: August 27, 2017 10:59AM

And I know because I too am a Westfield fan and we are perfect, we are the special ones, the anointed ones and I don't mind telling you that you need help, you lowly non-Westfield fan.

Posted by: got to admit ()
Date: August 27, 2017 11:44AM

Got to admit the OP is actually spot on in mocking the WF posters who come in here and act all high and mighty. WF fans please just take it for what it is worth - sure you have had some good teams and even a good program but a lot of luck and good breaks go into winning and I think many agree there have been some disturbing oversights over the years over there for the sake of the program. Why do you think other team posters stay off of here - because it has become a WF circle jerk just like the OP said. You may be the ones that need to get a life and "professional help."

Posted by: What?? ()
Date: August 27, 2017 01:08PM

got to admit Wrote:
> Got to admit the OP is actually spot on in mocking
> the WF posters who come in here and act all high
> and mighty. WF fans please just take it for what
> it is worth - sure you have had some good teams
> and even a good program but a lot of luck and good
> breaks go into winning and I think many agree
> there have been some disturbing oversights over
> the years over there for the sake of the program.
> Why do you think other team posters stay off of
> here - because it has become a WF circle jerk just
> like the OP said. You may be the ones that need
> to get a life and "professional help."

I think you've missed the point, it would appear every high and mighty post is from the same poster. He/she waits till someone posts anything positive about WF football then replies with some absurd statement using the name of the previous WF fan post. Whomever this individual is obviously the one who's got issues.

I'm also not too sure what disturbing oversights you're referring to. They suspended a bunch of kids a few years ago for disciplinary issues which followed county guidelines. I'm pretty sure you can dig deeper to find other issues that were handled the same way just didn't receive the publicity that one event did since it was reported in the Post.

Yes, teams sometimes do get lucky and win games that they shouldn't, I agree. However it's pretty hard to state that luck has made them one of the most successful Virginia high school football programs over the last 17 years. I think that would probably be from great coaching and keeping a consistent model on how a clean program is run. Don't give me that cheating, overlooking, swept under the rug, turn the head, etc. bs either, it's simply unfounded.

By the way, I'm pretty certain if you looked into any local high school program you'd find plenty of issues that would not be acceptable. How many of those get swept under the rug? I'm sure more than you or I would ever know. These are 14-18 year old kids. Teenagers make get into trouble, push boundaries, and make mistakes, it's called adolescence.

Posted by: got to admit ()
Date: August 27, 2017 01:14PM

I don't understand what you are talking about the "same poster" as I do not follow this thread so consistently. Nevertheless, when I do it seems that WF posters (and you included above) take a real "my shit don't stink" attitude about Westfield football. Westfield fans and posters simply have an air of superiority about themselves that is unseemly. Perhaps time for you all to get a life - that is why you are all talking in an echo chamber here - because people are tired of your circle jerk.

Date: August 27, 2017 02:05PM

Well Einstein you might make a good point if I was a WF fan but that's not the case. My kids go to CHantilly, unfortunately we've been getting our butts kicked by WF for the past several years.

Nice try though moron!

Date: August 27, 2017 02:06PM

But even though my kids go to Chantilly I have a secret fetish for WF like the other posters and join in the dixie cup circle jerk whenever possible. Winning!

Date: August 27, 2017 03:20PM

I actually started the HS Football 2017 thread trying to get onto a fresh, clean & more mature posting area.

I think we all know what's coming next, so, When everyone is tired of the troll here on FFU, I suggest posting on VAPREPS https://virginiapreps.forums.rivals.com/#fall-sports-forums.6

Date: August 27, 2017 03:30PM

And the good lord knows that I am the mature one amongst all of us. Winning.

Date: August 27, 2017 03:39PM

EFF YOU ASSHOLE

Date: August 27, 2017 03:40PM

Mommy, the bad man is using foul language.

Posted by: westfieldfootballhistorian ()
Date: August 27, 2017 04:35PM

got to admit Wrote:
> Got to admit the OP is actually spot on in mocking
> the WF posters who come in here and act all high
> and mighty.

No. Your just a jerk. Talking about and discussing one's favorite team is not "acting all high and mighty." You're are the same troll who's been bashing Westfield and their fans on FFXU for 3 years now - you started in 2015. Same verbiage. Same wording. We get it. You hate Westfield. Don't think it makes you special.

> WP fans please just take it for what
> it is worth - sure you have had some good teams
> and even a good program but a lot of luck and good
> breaks go into winning

Thanks for being so generous and allowing that Westfield has a good program. Very big of you.

> and I think many agree
> there have been some disturbing oversights over
> the years over there for the sake of the program.

Not many. Just you and maybe one other troll. Always vague and unspecified rumors. It's an anonymous board - why don't you ever actually name names and go into detail. You aren't even imaginative enough to make something up. It's always just innuendo.

> Why do you think other team posters stay off of
> here - because it has become a WF circle jerk just
> like the OP said. You may be the ones that need
> to get a life and "professional help."

There are plenty of posters from other teams that are on these threads over the years. Usually when their teams are doing well - Centreville, South County, Lake Braddock, South Lakes, Madison, Robinson, Fairfax, Falls Church, Hayfield, Oakton, Chantilly. And they have a mix of obnoxious and observant posters as well. Should we assume ALL Lake Braddock fans are like the person that has been pumping that program this year? No, we take it for what it is worth. Pretty amusing actually.

Posted by: westfieldfootballhistorian ()
Date: August 27, 2017 04:52PM

And by the way I was the one who supplied the team with the dixie cup party

Posted by: Opening Season Blunder ()
Date: August 28, 2017 12:23PM

KM & KMLOVINIT
>>Can you say "run the table", try it, because that is what is going to happen!!!
How bout this......Can you say 73-17 for "YOUR Best Coaches in the State" in last 2 Games vs. Westfield?

This is an epic stat from "Your BEST Coaches in the State" last
2 Year match ups vs. LB
154-0

That's a pathetic
>>>One Game Another Loss
One Team One Coaching Staff ~ 5 Games 227 points given up with a counter punch of a whopping 17 points

Keep Drinking that Kool-Aid
>>One Team One Heartbeat<< HA!!!!!!!
Attachments:
fo shizz.jpg

Date: August 28, 2017 12:55PM

.................................BRING ON WEST POT
Attachments:
fo shizz.jpg

Date: August 28, 2017 01:16PM

UVA depth chart just posted. Brain Delaney has NOT earned his Jersey Number yet, is not listed as a punter or place kicker. He is listed as the back-up for kick-offs. He must not have won the hearts of their coaching staff.

Posted by: baller ()
Date: August 28, 2017 01:19PM

I know those guys and a few of them played college ball the big black guy works out at my gym he strong as hell I seen him rep 315 on incline

Posted by: Open Season ()
Date: August 28, 2017 01:20PM

Sure looked like someone got the Recipe wrong and put to much Codeine in that Purple Drank cuz, they were definitely Sleepin!

Posted by: Knowledge ()
Date: August 28, 2017 01:29PM

Just so you know.. KM is NOT Krista Murphy. It is someone posting to make her look bad. She didn't even know what Fairfax underground was until I showed her today

Posted by: glwdf ()
Date: August 28, 2017 02:07PM

^^^^
No sane person would have thought so.

Date: August 28, 2017 02:41PM

Who cares who KM is? We do know "The Real" Krista Murphy is WAAAAAY to busy being Doc's Director of Football Operations. It's truly a wonder how only 1 Admin/director can keep track of all those losses over the years.

All I do know is this "Dream Season" with the "Best Coaching Staff in the State" is nothing more than a blurb or a blip on the laughable ">> One Team One Heartbeat <<"

Just gonna be yet another losing season for Doc & company. Instead of running the table, they should be trying to figure out how to not only win 50% of their games, but to actually try & compete.

Posted by: kskla ()
Date: August 28, 2017 02:55PM

Watching the Edison - MTV game on Hudl, it was 7-7 early in the 1st... 70-13 final. Edison definitely is terrible, but MTV ran the score up on them as well.

Posted by: Wpx ()
Date: August 28, 2017 10:51PM

kskla Wrote:
> Watching the Edison - MTV game on Hudl, it was 7-7
> early in the 1st... 70-13 final. Edison definitely
> is terrible, but MTV ran the score up on them as
> well.

MTV Didnt "run up" the score.
Just wait and see what Hayfield does to them this week. Hayfield will have many more touchdowns than MTV had.
Gonna be a really long season for Edison. Probably will go winless.

Posted by: Do Do Do Dah Dah Dah ()
Date: August 29, 2017 09:06AM

Does it count as running up the score if you're playing 2nd and 3rd string?

Posted by: @wpx ()
Date: August 29, 2017 02:27PM

As an Hayfield alum, i hope your right

Posted by: anddd ()
Date: August 29, 2017 02:27PM

And also, yes they did run it up. 3 late 4th Q touchdowns is called running up the score

Posted by: Be better ()
Date: August 29, 2017 04:03PM

anddd Wrote:
> And also, yes they did run it up. 3 late 4th Q
> touchdowns is called running up the score

Welp... Be better if you don't want the score ran up. It's pretty hard not to run up the score when your 3rd string back takes a run up the middle for a 40yrd td. Maybe they should just punt on first down to keep the score fair to fair.

Posted by: WT ()
Date: August 30, 2017 12:06AM

Be better Wrote:
> anddd Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And also, yes they did run it up. 3 late 4th Q
> > touchdowns is called running up the score
>
>
> Welp... Be better if you don't want the score ran
> up. It's pretty hard not to run up the score when
> your 3rd string back takes a run up the middle for
> a 40yrd td. Maybe they should just punt on first
> down to keep the score fair to fair.
Yeah, everybody's a winner. Trophies for all.
Edison is gonna be miserable Friday night. Isn't this matchup called "the bird bowl"? Years ago the teams were pretty much evenly matched. Not including when S.County opened and took football players.
PRincipal Pamela needs to make some changes next year.

Posted by: IWASTHERE ()
Date: August 30, 2017 05:53AM

anddd Wrote:
> And also, yes they did run it up. 3 late 4th Q
> touchdowns is called running up the score

But how did those scores occur, I was there so here goes

JV offense 30? yard drive with no passes.

JV offense 15? drive with no passes. FYI it was a 15 yard drive because Edison let the ball roll around on the ensuing kick off and MV recovered it.

Edison fumbles on their 5? and MV JV player recovers for the TD.

Those 3 series were for a total of about 50 yards.

It's not called running up the score when Edison's VARSITY GIVES MV JV great field position and can't stop the MV JV from scoring - it's called being horrible.

I bet Hayfield hangs 100 on them.

Posted by: ffxmk ()
Date: August 30, 2017 02:14PM

Last year Hayfield won 67-0 lol... Brian Cobbs will probably score 5 times on friday.

Posted by: Yes man ()
Date: August 30, 2017 03:27PM

ffxmk Wrote:
> Last year Hayfield won 67-0 lol... Brian Cobbs
> will probably score 5 times on friday.

Triple digits. You betcha

Date: August 31, 2017 12:10AM

Westfield vs SouthCo -7 points!

Watched the Westfield vs Lake Braddock game highlights & LB is going to struggle mightily this year if their defensive doesn't improve., Given they only scored 28 points against LB, Westfield will struggle against SouthCo's much better D.

Posted by: CGVPP ()
Date: August 31, 2017 08:00AM

HS Football 2017 Wrote:
> Westfield vs SouthCo -7 points!
>
> Watched the Westfield vs Lake Braddock game
> highlights & LB is going to struggle mightily this
> year if their defensive doesn't improve., Given
> they only scored 28 points against LB, Westfield
> will struggle against SouthCo's much better D.

Westfield shot themselves in the foot with far, far too many penalties-somewhere between 150-200 yards; the QB was a SO making his first varsity start and throwing to 3 receivers (JR, JR, SO) who also made their first varsity starts; they start more than 50% underclassmen; and the line has only two returning starters. Sure, they may struggle against SC tomorrow but they have so much upside that they will be fine.

Date: August 31, 2017 08:42AM

CGVPP Wrote:
> HS Football 2017 Wrote:
> -----
> > Westfield vs SouthCo -7 points!
> >
> > Watched the Westfield vs Lake Braddock game
> > highlights & LB is going to struggle mightily
> this
> > year if their defensive doesn't improve., Given
> > they only scored 28 points against LB,
> Westfield
> > will struggle against SouthCo's much better D.
>
> Westfield shot themselves in the foot with far,
> far too many penalties-somewhere between 150-200
> yards; the QB was a SO making his first varsity
> start and throwing to 3 receivers (JR, JR, SO) who
> also made their first varsity starts; they start
> more than 50% underclassmen; and the line has only
> two returning starters. Sure, they may struggle
> against SC tomorrow but they have so much upside
> that they will be fine.

SOCO is definitely a step up from LB, but WF isn't Langley either. Been watching WF football for 12 years now, live close by, had kids in the program years ago, still like to stop by on Friday nights. This is what I remember from the game last week.

It was the first game for both teams, both formidable opponents, both looked pretty much what you would expect from two good teams squaring off in the first game of the season. Let's also remember this is a week earlier than what normally is the start of the regular season for FFX County programs.

Offensively the penalties definitely didn't help WF, far too many holding calls which brought back a few big plays. Saw a clip where Simmons said he doesn't remember a game in his coaching career where there were that many penalties. Also, don't forget, the QB was making his first varsity start as a sophomore, something that's a rarity for the program. He threw 2 INT's in the first quarter, most probably from jitters. But he settled down and got tremendously better as the game went on. He's got some really good skill players around him and the usual big guys up front so they should be okay.

Defensively I like what I saw, Cockrill is a beast as a defensive end. They have plenty of kids on the offensive side in skill positions, he should spend most of his time on D. The line got good pressure all night, 3-4 sacks if I remember correctly. LB's & DB's played pretty well to, not many big plays given up, maybe 2 catches. One reception might have been more luck than skill. They certainly have some kids that can hit, they play pretty fast as well.

The previous poster mentioned the upside for potential, there are definitely more underclassmen playing than I've ever seen before. It also appears to be a few less numbers in the program but I'm sure that's the case most everywhere in FFX County.

Overall it's a typical WF team, stars from last season are gone, they just plug the next kid in and don't seem to miss much of a beat. Look, they may not win the state championship but this is definitely going to be a very good team, this year and next!

Date: August 31, 2017 10:13AM

Lake Braddock's tackling looked terrible in those videos. Linebackers out of position and no one pursuing the play. Sorry to those LB followers but those issues come from poor coaching!

Posted by: Some Ideas ()
Date: August 31, 2017 11:09AM

HS Football 2017 -- You're right, "Linebackers out of position and no one pursuing the play." Worse on a couple the video, there we're players who gave up on the play, let alone not pursuing...and yes, agree, that is coaching.

Will be interesting to see what the matchups and end result of LB vs. WestPo Friday...and Westfield vs. SoCo

Posted by: Fan of former northern region ()
Date: August 31, 2017 08:04PM

Score update from Arlington:. Wakefield 17, Washington-Lee 12. Halftime

Posted by: Not Fairfax, but ()
Date: August 31, 2017 11:04PM

North Stafford 45
Briar Woods 6

I wonder if Briar would be able to knock off Westfield again if they played this year?

McSorley must be embarrassed about what has happened to his ol' high school,

Oh, and as bad as Briar is this year, they could still easily handle Wakefield and Washington-Lee.

Posted by: yep ()
Date: August 31, 2017 11:49PM

Mason 34 TJ 3 (lol)
Woodrow Wilson 14 Yorktown 20

Date: September 01, 2017 12:01AM

Final Wakefield 37 Washington-Lee 27

Posted by: bdmew ()
Date: September 01, 2017 05:08AM

HS Football 2017 Wrote:
> UVA depth chart just posted. Brain Delaney has NOT
> earned his Jersey Number yet, is not listed as a
> punter or place kicker. He is listed as the
> back-up for kick-offs. He must not have won the
> hearts of their coaching staff.

He got his number yesterday.
https://twitter.com/UVa_Football/status/903280490215604224

Posted by: shut down the season ()
Date: September 01, 2017 08:37AM

shut it down all about Westfield they are only real team in town everyone else is posing....

Posted by: REALEST ()
Date: September 01, 2017 10:56AM

WESTFEIELD QB HAS A NOODLE ARM,HE WILL BE CARRIED OFF THE FIELD ,HES THERE WEAKEST LINK

Posted by: Bulldog Booster ()
Date: September 01, 2017 11:12AM

How dare you question anything about the Westfield program. We are perfect, we are the chosen ones, we are the dixie cuppers!

Posted by: Dumbest Realist ()
Date: September 01, 2017 12:27PM

THERE

THEIR

THEY'RE

while his noodle arm might be his big issue, Clearly your intellect is Yours!

THEIR Weakest Link!

Posted by: playerpoacher ()
Date: September 01, 2017 12:45PM

Not Fairfax, but Wrote:
> North Stafford 45
> Briar Woods 6
>
>
> I wonder if Briar would be able to knock off
> Westfield again if they played this year?
>
> McSorley must be embarrassed about what has
> happened to his ol' high school,
>
> Oh, and as bad as Briar is this year, they could
> still easily handle Wakefield and Washington-Lee.

Briar Woods. Doesn’t help that their best athlete is playing for Stone Bridge.

Posted by: True Dat ()
Date: September 01, 2017 01:49PM

Are you talking about Block? He might try and play this year with ACL tear! Turns 19 soon anyway. Not that good.

Posted by: I, me ()
Date: September 01, 2017 02:40PM

Dumbest Realist Wrote:
> THERE
>
> THEIR
>
> THEY'RE
>
> while his noodle arm might be his big issue,
> Clearly your intellect is Yours!
>
> THEIR Weakest Link!

Thanks for trying to fix stupidity or laziness. It shouldn't be that difficult to know (no) which (witch) one (won) to use.

Posted by: blood rushing to.... ()
Date: September 01, 2017 04:31PM

Blood is rushing to my penis as I think about the Westfield Bulldogs and their complete perfection. The best anywhere!

Posted by: Dead Broke ()
Date: September 01, 2017 06:00PM

Why do people from the Beach keep leaving ads here for VA Preps? I ain't paying no 8 bucks a month to talk to some elitist Richmond shit. The popcorn is free here, thank you.

Date: September 01, 2017 06:58PM

VaPreps is free AND actually has a moderator. IF you spend any time on their site, you'll notice the football discussions are dominated by 4A team fans from the southwest & Richmond regions. I guess they are to mature for the trolls that hide on FFU?

Date: September 01, 2017 08:17PM

Halftime James Madison 35 Fairfax 0 ...second string began playing in 2Q

Posted by: Mobil 1 ()
Date: September 01, 2017 08:29PM

Some Ideas Wrote:
> Halftime James Madison 35 Fairfax 0 ...second
> string began playing in 2Q
Damn, thought Fairfax would do better

Posted by: nat4lee ()
Date: September 01, 2017 08:32PM

Some of the games on tap for the Fairfax area tonight for Friday, September 1...

Gar-Field @ T.C. Williams - 4:30 p.m.
Centreville @ John Champe - 7:00 p.m.
Fairfax @ James Madison - 7:00 p.m.
George Marshall @ McLean - 7:00 p.m.
George Mason @ Thomas Jefferson - 7:00 p.m.
James Robinson @ Chantilly - 7:00 p.m.
Lake Braddock @ West Potomac - 7:00 p.m.
Langley @ Mount Vernon - 7:00 p.m.
Oakton @ West Springfield - 7:00 p.m.
Robert E. Lee @ Herndon - 7:00 p.m.
South Lakes @ Falls Church - 7:00 p.m.
Thomas Edison @ Hayfield - 7:00 p.m.
W.T. Woodson @ Annandale - 7:00 p.m.
Wakefield @ Washington-Lee - 7:00 p.m.
Westfield @ South County - 7:00 p.m.
Woodrow Wilson @ Yorktown - 7:30 p.m.

Posted by: Barron.Trump ()
Date: September 01, 2017 08:59PM

LB 0-2 so far.
When are they going to start winning?
Make Lake Braddock Great Again!

Date: September 01, 2017 09:17PM

Shutout today for T.C. Williams over Gar-Field 49-0

Posted by: JJ Taco ()
Date: September 01, 2017 09:46PM

Damn what happended to Oakton, Chantilly

Date: September 01, 2017 09:48PM

More scores being reported around the county:

George Marshall 35, McLean 14
George Mason 34, Thomas Jefferson 3
T.C. Williams 49, Gar-Field 0
James Robinson 42, Chantilly 7
James Madison 35, Fairfax 14
John Champe 35, Centreville 21
Mount Vernon 37, Langley 18
South Lakes 42, Falls Church 0
Wakefield 37, Washington-Lee 27
West Springfield 35, Oakton 7
Westfield 28, South County 27 (OT)
Yorktown 20, Woodrow Wilson 14

Date: September 01, 2017 09:49PM

JJ Taco Wrote:
> Damn what happended to Oakton, Chantilly

They both lost tonight.

Date: September 01, 2017 10:07PM

And... The last late scores coming in to round out the night:

West Potomac 28, Lake Braddock 26
Herndon 42, Robert E. Lee 14
Annandale 14, W.T. Woodson 13

Posted by: JJ Taco 12 ()
Date: September 01, 2017 10:15PM

Oakton, Chantilly, Woodson, Lake Braddock...

Posted by: EHS99 ()
Date: September 01, 2017 10:31PM

Hayfield 55 - Edison 13

Date: September 01, 2017 11:46PM

DISTRICT STANDINGS (COMPLETED WEEK 2)

Concorde District Standings:
1. James Madison (2-0) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 28.0
2. Westfield (2-0) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 27.0
3. Centreville (1-1) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 21.0
4. Oakton (0-2) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 16.0
5. Chantilly (0-2) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 15.5

Gunston District Standings:
1. Annandale (2-0) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 27.0
2. Hayfield (2-0) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 25.0
2. Mount Vernon (2-0) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 25.0
2. West Potomac (2-0) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 25.0
5. T.C. Williams (2-0) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 24.0

Liberty District Standings:
1. South Lakes (2-0) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 27.0
2. Herndon (1-0) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 24.0
2. Yorktown (1-0) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 24.0
4. Washington-Lee (0-1) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 13.0
5. Langley (0-2) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 15.5
6. McLean (0-2) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 15.0

National District Standings:
1. Wakefield (1-0) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 26.0
2. George Marshall (1-1) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 21.0
3. Falls Church (1-1) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 18.0
4. J.E.B. Stuart (0-1) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 16.0
5. Thomas Jefferson (0-1) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 7.0
6. Thomas Edison (0-2) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 16.0
7. Robert E. Lee (0-2) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 15.5

Patriot District Standings:
1. West Springfield (2-0) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 25.0
2. Fairfax (1-1) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 21.0
2. James Robinson (1-1) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 21.0
2. South County (1-1) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 21.0
5. Lake Braddock (0-2) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 16.0
5. W.T. Woodson (0-2) … VHSL Playoff Rating: 16.0

Posted by: bruin4 lyfe ()
Date: September 02, 2017 12:56AM

LB 0-2, for the first time in 10 years. What's up Doc?

For all the Doc lovers you said give him a chance and we will see what he can do with all the talent they have at LB.

Well, so far I am not impressed and with Stone Bridge coming this week, looks like 0-3 is very likely. Now I will give you that Westfield, West Potomac are very good teams, but Docs track record has been he wins the games against bad teams, but hasn't beat any good teams. It was also referenced that with all the talent at LB he will finally start beating the good teams.

So I will start it now Dump DOC!!!!!

Welcome to the big time Doc, you aren't ready for this

Posted by: Bruin 4 Death ()
Date: September 02, 2017 06:56AM

Just kill the whole program. Save everyone a lot of time and energy and cancel the lake braddick football team program. It aint Doc's fault the LB team cant win a game.

Posted by: More like kittens ()
Date: September 02, 2017 08:46AM

What is wrong with CVHS, with Haddock comparing this team to the one from a few years ago that won states, I was expecting a lot more. To struggle at Stonewall 7-0 at halftime to losing to Champe (5A school was 4A last year) something is wrong. Either coaching or scheme or bit of both and them, puffing out their chest in false bravado is not cutting it. Freedom put up 54 pts on Stonewall last night. Wildcats, more like kittens.

Posted by: Football advisor ()
Date: September 02, 2017 09:02AM

BRUIN 4 LYFE

You don't have a clue. The former Coach P left when he knew he had a sinking ship. Can't blame Doc for the crap the supposed great one left him with.

BRUIN FOR LYFE GET A LIFE, HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL IS NOT THE BIG TIME.

Posted by: What's Up Doc?! ()
Date: September 02, 2017 09:50AM

Football Advisor
You are the fool. Coach P didn't leave due to pending "sinking ship," anyone with any knowledge knows this. As far as "The Best Coaches" in the state, Wins & Losses typically dictate that coveted title. However It is rumored the Bruins Halftime snacks were a PLENTY, heard Kristy Murphy "Director of Football Operations" heads this task in addition to keeping track of losses. Kudos on the peeled orange slices, mini Doritto bags, classic coke and to offer mini cheeseburger sliders from Elevation Burger! Well Done Doc & staff....
WELL DONE!!!
Don't need to talk about Making LB Great again. Let's just follow the "Best Coaching Staff in the State's" lead, the half-time snacks and participation ribbons are being resurrected in Burke.
Thanks Doc

Posted by: ashamedatlb ()
Date: September 02, 2017 09:52AM

Football advisor Wrote:
> BRUIN 4 LYFE
>
> You don't have a clue. The former Coach P left
> when he knew he had a sinking ship. Can't blame
> Doc for the crap the supposed great one left him
> with.
>
> BRUIN FOR LYFE GET A LIFE, HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
> IS NOT THE BIG TIME.

Are you kidding me????? No clue ...huh?
Braddock has more talent then any team in the conference
The have at least 5 starters returning on offense and defense, including a very good QB. Yes, you can blame Doc for this, he is the head coach. It is his responsibility to get the players ready to play, he hasn't done that yet.

This team should be easily be a 9-1 8-2 team and a deep run in the playoff.

Posted by: Robert E Lee ()
Date: September 02, 2017 10:14AM

asha medat

You have your head so far up the LB bear's ass you are still in hybernation from last winter.

Should be 9-1 but are 0-2 headed for 0-3!

pull your head and get a clue.

Posted by: bruindogs09 ()
Date: September 02, 2017 10:14AM

Lake Braddock is 0-2, that's a joke

I guess the best staff in the state doesn't have good enough players to win.

The grass isn't always greener, the staff is way in over their heads

Posted by: RydellllRoad ()
Date: September 02, 2017 11:42AM

Was at the Westfield-Lake Braddock game and I think Lake Braddock had every bit as much if not MORE talent on the field than Westfield. They just got out-coached. Plain and simple.

It's coaching. People never give any credit to big schools for winning. But 3 largest schools in Fairfax are 0-2, 1-1 and 0-2. It's not just a numbers game. Winning isn't easy.

Posted by: Westfield is special ()
Date: September 02, 2017 12:11PM

Simply all about Westfield players, coaches, fans, and commentators on this thread being better than anyone else. Folks just face it, we at Westfield are just special.

Posted by: tru dat ()
Date: September 02, 2017 12:15PM

yes very special

Posted by: concerned lbparent ()
Date: September 02, 2017 12:50PM

Where are all of the Doc supporters that said give him a chance?

He has been given a chance and they are 0-2.
I would say at best, they can finish 6-4. Losses to Stone Bridge, South County are a given, Robinson, a rival, anything can happen. They must not have any hiccups with the remaining teams. So 5-5 is a possibility as well. This with a team that should be contenting for a state title every year. You have to beat the SoCos the Westfields, and the better teams and this staff has no track record of doing so.

Doc and his staff are nothing more then social media gurus, tell players, parents and administration what they want to hear, In other words, cheerleaders. They have not demonstrated that they are capable of leading a big time program.

The Lake Braddock community and alumni have been very disappointed in this staff that calls itself the "best in the state"

Posted by: hejKx ()
Date: September 02, 2017 01:05PM

Hayfield had a penalty on just about every offensive play in the first quarter. Turned in on in the 2nd and only scored once in the 2nd half. Could've scored a lot more than 55 if it wasn't for penalties and resting starters. Did not run up the score on Edison like Mt. Vernon did

Posted by: NJCM4 ()
Date: September 02, 2017 02:51PM

Look for CVHS to get decimated by SOCO next week. I can see them easily losing 5-6 games this year, if Haddock ever thought he could compare this squad to the ones that made the state title runs he needs to have his head checked. SOCO, S.Lakes, W.PO, WHS & Madison that could be 6 losses. Maybe time for him and his wing-t to retire also his staff not nearly as good as some of the others. D.C. Is a loud mouth who likes to cuss at teenage boys because it makes him feel better about himself and his shortcomings. I think it's time for a new voice to lead CVHS, they have too much talent to squander like they have been ever since 2013-2014 teams.

Posted by: Bulldogbooster ()
Date: September 02, 2017 03:00PM

Westfield is special Wrote:
> Simply all about Westfield players, coaches, fans,
> and commentators on this thread being better than
> anyone else. Folks just face it, we at Westfield
> are just special.

WHS coaching staff has proven past 2 weeks why they are the best in VA(in case some weren't convinced or had forgotten already by the back to back state championships titles) LB & SOCO has better overall talent on their roster, offense and defense, any other coaching staff would've lost these games but WHS coaches to their credit pulled it out by winning at all facets of the game, offense, defense & SPECIAL TEAMS!
If Simmons had the talent at CVHS or SOCO or LB has this year they'd go undefeated and get the 3-peat.

Posted by: Terps Rule ()
Date: September 02, 2017 03:51PM

Great job with lots of DC locals - What happened to quarterback Henderson. Thought he would have played when the starter went down. True Freshman went in.

Posted by: Slow Turtle ()
Date: September 02, 2017 04:06PM

Henderson is still nursing an injury.

Posted by: Wildcat Fan ()
Date: September 02, 2017 04:09PM

Henderson not on depth chart.

Posted by: reginwatcher ()
Date: September 02, 2017 04:54PM

Bulldogbooster Wrote:
> Westfield is special Wrote:
> -----
> > Simply all about Westfield players, coaches,
> fans,
> > and commentators on this thread being better
> than
> > anyone else. Folks just face it, we at
> Westfield
> > are just special.
>
> WHS coaching staff has proven past 2 weeks why
> they are the best in VA(in case some weren't
> convinced or had forgotten already by the back to
> back state championships titles) LB & SOCO has
> better overall talent on their roster, offense and
> defense, any other coaching staff would've lost
> these games but WHS coaches to their credit pulled
> it out by winning at all facets of the game,
> offense, defense & SPECIAL TEAMS!
> If Simmons had the talent at CVHS or SOCO or LB
> has this year they'd go undefeated and get the
> 3-peat.

I agree Westfield is the best staff in the state....I have no idea why Lake Braddock thinks that staff is so good. With all that talent...and haven't done anything with it. Westfield, SoCo, Hayfield, South Lakes and Madison are the top 5 with Westfield being a notch above.

Posted by: Where is P ()
Date: September 02, 2017 05:35PM

In 2013 and 2014 LB played West Potomac, Westfield , and Stone Bridge in the regular season. Coach P was 6 and 0 in these games. Blame Dave Thomas and Fat Karl. LB does have talent and there is no excuse. P wanted to coach this team. Doc can't claim that the cupboard was empty. Heard Poythress doing Gameday. How cool if he does the SB- Lb game

Posted by: wardscorner ()
Date: September 02, 2017 06:20PM

Forgive me if my memory fails me, but I believe the last time West Potomac defeated Lake Braddock was all the way back in the 2007 playoffs, correct? As in ten years ago? That's a lifetime to all you kids in here.

Posted by: ashamedatlb ()
Date: September 02, 2017 06:43PM

wardscorner Wrote:
> Forgive me if my memory fails me, but I believe
> the last time West Potomac defeated Lake Braddock
> was all the way back in the 2007 playoffs,
> correct? As in ten years ago? That's a lifetime
> to all you kids in here.

They haven't been 0-2 in at least 10 years as well.
No excuses, the coaching staff blows

Posted by: gamewatcher ()
Date: September 02, 2017 08:51PM

I saw the L Braddock West Potomac game last night, Braddock's QB is pretty good, he moved them up and down the field. They have a couple of really good receivers number 4 and 21, both made some nice catches and were running open all night long.

Braddock almost won the game at the end, I cant believe they haven't won a game this year, very talented team.

L Braddock has some huge coaches at least 3 or 4 are 350lbs or better, they look so unhealthy. Is the head coach the little short guys that runs around screaming the whole time? He is funny having to look up at the players

Posted by: Rebels ()
Date: September 02, 2017 11:16PM

Mobil 1 Wrote:
> Some Ideas Wrote:
> -----
> > Halftime James Madison 35 Fairfax 0 ...second
> > string began playing in 2Q
> Damn, thought Fairfax would do better

Not sure what that is based on. Credit Fairfax for holding Madison scoreless in the second half any making the final score respectible. Fairfax has improved defensively, but the offense needs help. The o line couldn't block anyone. One of their tds in the second half was aided by three consecutive fifteen yard penalties on Madison's second string defense. Still,it was a better effort against Madison than last year's effort.

The next two weeks won't tell us much about Fairfax. They play Lee next week, which should be a win , and Hayfield, which should be a loss. The game on September 22 against Annandale should tell us a lot about how the program is progressing.

Posted by: just warming up ()
Date: September 02, 2017 11:21PM

gamewatcher Wrote:
> I saw the L Braddock West Potomac game last night,
> Braddock's QB is pretty good, he moved them up and
> down the field. They have a couple of really good
> receivers number 4 and 21, both made some nice
> catches and were running open all night long.
>
> Braddock almost won the game at the end, I cant
> believe they haven't won a game this year, very
> talented team.
>
> L Braddock has some huge coaches at least 3 or 4
> are 350lbs or better, they look so unhealthy. Is
> the head coach the little short guys that runs
> around screaming the whole time? He is funny
> having to look up at the players

Lake Braddock is just warming up. They'll start winning. The next team will be bRUINED - guaranteed.

Posted by: Coaches on the hot seat ()
Date: September 03, 2017 10:40AM

Know it's early but which coaches could be on the hot seat if they can't get their seasons turned around.

Posted by: Seeing the Future ()
Date: September 03, 2017 01:07PM

Coaches on the hot seat Wrote:
> Know it's early but which coaches could be on the
> hot seat if they can't get their seasons turned
> around.

1. Centerville - Too much pride and history to look this bad
2. Chantilly - They are just a bad football team that can't seem to do anything right.
3. Robinson - Even when they win, they look ugly. Upside is this school really doesn't care.
4. Oakton - Hard to understand how/why the Cougars have fallen off so fast
5. And of course, Lake Braddock - Let's just be honest, this staff is not good, and out of their league. If they can't get to at least 7 wins and win a playoff game or two, this will be a one and done.

Posted by: Simmons is not ()
Date: September 03, 2017 01:34PM

Simmons is not on hot seat because he knows the way to win is to convince your school to hire six head coaches to be on the staff with you at WF.

Posted by: Bulldog Busted ()
Date: September 03, 2017 01:45PM

And have parents set up parties and then let the Administration cover up for them. Stench at Westfield continues to gown smellier. And I am not even an old Concorde parent or fan, wonder what they have to say about all of this that goes on over there.

Posted by: Concorde-r ()
Date: September 03, 2017 01:54PM

I do not worry too much about Westfield to be quite honest with you.

Posted by: We were there FCPD ()
Date: September 03, 2017 02:08PM

You must be one of the Parents of all the Lake Braddock kids that Ran like Rats Friday Night When We Busted up their little Social Gathering. Quite a few of them should be easy to identify Monday morning in scho by all the scratch marks all over them they recieved when they took off running through the Woods, it happens every Friday and Saturday night all over the County. It's Not exclusive to One School.

Posted by: Pompous A$$ ()
Date: September 03, 2017 02:14PM

It's a real Shame Panoni doesn't have six head Coach's on the sideline. If he did One of them might have acted like they actually had been in a Big Game before and Made sure their Special Teams had 11 guys on the Field for the extra point in O.T. instead of carrying on like a bunch of ameuters acting like they just Won the Ball Game..We will never win the Games that count until he gets his Head out of his a$$! Pathetic!

Posted by: some1ntheno ()
Date: September 03, 2017 02:29PM

Lets face it, the problems at LB isn't Doc's fault.

1. He wasn't named to the position until May
2. All of the talent graduated last year (why do you think Poythress didn't mind leaving)
3. Very difficult schedule, toughest in the state
4. All of the distractions going on in the media about the administration
5. Very little support from the community, they favor the old coach

How many coaches would be successful with all of that?

Doc and his staff will rebuild this program, it will just take time, its not going to happen over night. All of you old time LB supporters need to stop bad mouthing the staff and have some patients.

Posted by: Bulldog Booster ()
Date: September 03, 2017 02:39PM

Good that Westfield does not have to deal with all that stuff since we are so perfect in every way.

Posted by: I wish you knew how to spell ()
Date: September 03, 2017 02:54PM

some1ntheno Wrote:
> Lets face it, the problems at LB isn't Doc's
> fault.
>
> 1. He wasn't named to the position until May
> 2. All of the talent graduated last year (why do
> you think Poythress didn't mind leaving)
> 3. Very difficult schedule, toughest in the state
> 4. All of the distractions going on in the media
> about the administration
> 5. Very little support from the community, they
> favor the old coach
>
> How many coaches would be successful with all of
> that?
>
> Doc and his staff will rebuild this program, it
> will just take time, its not going to happen over
> night. All of you old time LB supporters need to
> stop bad mouthing the staff and have some
> patients.

It's "patience" patients is what Doc and his staff look like what they soon will be at INOVA with their heart issues for being so fat. Quit your belly aching, LB has a ton of talent. Should've beat WHS and WPO. Doc sucks!

Posted by: DNNVU ()
Date: September 03, 2017 05:10PM

some1ntheno Wrote:
> Lets face it, the problems at LB isn't Doc's
> fault.
>
> 1. He wasn't named to the position until May
> 2. All of the talent graduated last year (why do
> you think Poythress didn't mind leaving)
> 3. Very difficult schedule, toughest in the state
> 4. All of the distractions going on in the media
> about the administration
> 5. Very little support from the community, they
> favor the old coach
>
>

#3 - Difficult schedule, sure-but only because they play 4 very good teams. Toughest in the state? Not a chance-not even the toughest in NOVA. Four good teams (WF, WP, SB, SC), one rivalry game (Robo, which they should win) and four patsies (WS, FFX, Yorktown, WTW, Oak). Looking a lot like 6-4, maybe even 5-5.

Pages: Previous1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 14

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.