HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Black Wolf Auto
Posted by: Lortonguy ()
Date: October 14, 2009 02:28PM

Has anyone used Black Wolf Auto Services in Woodbridge? Any reviews?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Black Wolf Auto
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: October 14, 2009 04:18PM

I like the owner, Blackwolf.
Attachments:
blackwolf.jpg

Posted by: Harry ()
Date: October 26, 2009 05:23PM

I have known the owner for nearly 30 years.. He is a great guy and really, really knows what he's talking about. I trust his opinion completely. I wish he had a shop in Herndon!!!

Posted by: Vaughn ()
Date: December 29, 2009 08:45PM

I have known the owner and his wife for about 6 years. They are the best of the best people in their field. Chris is the most honest and trustworthy mechanic I have EVER met. He knows cars and trucks like the back of his hand. His shop is the only place I take my cars PERIOD. I would and often do, recommend him to anyone. I promise you will not be disapointed in his work.

Posted by: Customer ()
Date: January 01, 2010 01:19PM

I took my car there recently and they did a great job! Very honest and respectable shop...will be going back for all of my work!

Black Wolf Auto
Posted by: Bobby Shaw ()
Date: May 15, 2010 11:12AM

I had my 1993 Ford F-150 upgraded/customized, with new Wheels, Tires, Tint, Stereo, Carpet, Seats, Custom Exhaust and Seats. Chris worked with me every step of the way and I could not be happier. I looks better than I imagine and I my "new" old truck will never see another repair shop other than Black Wolf.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: May 15, 2010 06:32PM

I think you better pay your bills on-time though:

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: SURFBOAT ()
Date: May 16, 2010 08:31AM

Located where??

Posted by: ToyotaforLife ()
Date: July 16, 2011 12:20AM

This place is not full of professional mechanics willing to help you. This is a place of shady business. The first time I dropped my car off I was charged 500 dollars to change an inner tie rod and create a custom "bracket" for a stock electronic device that broke off. The bracket looked like crap and could have been replace cheaper on eBay, plus it did not fix the issue. I also asked Chris if he would replace some parts I brought along that dealt with the job I requested...He would not replace the parts I had asked. He refuses to do so, unless he give it an "OK" in his opinion. I usually trust a mechanic's opinion, unless my issue is still an issue, which he refuses to believe it is being cause by the parts he did not replace at my request (outer tie rod and lower ball joint). He says, it doesn't make the noise all the time, so why bother. I gave him one last chance, all I wanted was a stud replaced, because a lug nut locked up and snapped it in half. 100 dollars was quoted, I left paying $514...discounted, by the way. He took the initiative to find a noise in the back when the car corners. He would not tell me the cause of the issue unless I would pay him the extra money, that's just down right dirty. The issue was the new rotor was rubbing on the back emergency brake mechanism...probably just a pad that would of worn out over time. So I left with a 400% up charge and never going back. I don't care if he works on antiques and is proud about it. Don't treat me like an idiot and think I will not state my opinion. He knew he was in trouble, had his friend sit next to the desk waiting...and asked for my home address. Good luck with your car if you bring it to this place. The worst mechanic I've ever dealt with, he gives honest mechanics a bad name.

Posted on Google review and Yelp.

Posted by: 1974 Challenger ()
Date: July 24, 2011 12:28PM

I have been using Chris for 10 years. Black Wolf Auto is the only place we have are cars worked on from a 1974 challenger (alsome work Chris) to a 2011 Mustang. His prices are more than fair. He as always been honest and upfront with his work.

Posted by: Bryionak ()
Date: September 01, 2011 11:33PM

Black Wolf Automotive provides great service at a great price. Chris is very informative about what your car needs and what it doesn't. Great people and great mechanics.

Posted by: SteveP ()
Date: September 10, 2014 06:25PM

I recently had a fairly complex set of engine modifications completed on my 1966 Mustang and was extremely pleased with Chris Berry's level of expertise, professionalism, outstanding attention to detail, and quality assurance he provides in his service. He is a straight shooter and will not try to sell you things you don't need or want. The labor rates are justified in the sheer quality of work he provides. If you want it done correctly just go see this guy, he will help you.

Posted by: Dr. Neyland ()
Date: September 10, 2014 06:58PM

Hey toyota4life stop your bitching. We hate taking customer provided parts. You probably don't have any clue what your taking about. Drive your piece of shit toyota and talk it to the dealer

Posted by: chris'sruth ()
Date: September 10, 2014 10:49PM

I brought a steak to Ruth's chris that i bought at a butcher shop and they wouldn't cook it.

WTF???

Date: October 29, 2014 02:23PM

so if my old car needs a repair and i bring the parts that are no longer available they will refuse to put them on.
Thanks for the heads up

Posted by: Henro ()
Date: October 29, 2014 02:49PM

McCarthys will let you use your parts.

Posted by: Road Kill 74 ()
Date: March 05, 2018 10:15PM

Being a specialty shop, I would not expect Black Wolf to be cheap, and it is not. The work that I have had done with them includes front end, brakes, engine, and carburetor. The quality of work done on my car has been a mixed bag. I think they did a good job on the engine and front end; one of the brakes was not fixed correctly (I suspect) because it failed not long after the job was completed. After spending a ton of money to have the carburetor calibrated, my car's performance became sluggish. Since the engine work on a rocker arm and push rods, the car is finally driving well, though I need the adjust the timing. God only knows how much they would charge me for that!

The thing that really pisses me off about Black Wolf was they told me at the time I was picking up my car that a chip of paint came off on the hood while they were buffing out my car. Their idea of a fix for it was to brush on a glob of paint that didn't match the color. They told me that they would repaint the hood for free, then proceeded to tell me that rest of that color (my car is a 2-tone) is thin and needs to be repainted. When I asked how much it would cost to repaint my car, the amount they quoted almost made my crap in my pants! I could buy a new car for that kind of money. So I asked about a respray on the fenders and sides. That figure was more in line with reality. I found that chip thing kind of strange -- I have washed and waxed my car countless times and buffed it out and I never found any indication that the paint on that car would chip. I would if they might have dropped something on it and just filled it in.

Black Wolf does do good work on cars, but I would advise anyone bringing their car in to really know what you want and what you need. Have them break down the repair costs in their estimate and stick to it. You can negotiate the final cost with them as well. Don't count on Black Wolf to give you many breaks, but overall, I'd say they are the best shop that I have worked with.

Posted by: Bullshit meter ()
Date: March 06, 2018 06:44AM

All the positive posts all have the same form....
Type of vehicle and what was done....
Way too detailed on an anonymous forum to seem accidental....
Similar to chinks that provide reviews on amazon for their OWN shitty products.
I think the POSITIVE reviews are bullshit.

Posted by: Jim Rockford ()
Date: March 06, 2018 11:19AM

What's their hourly rate? My Firebird needs some work.

Posted by: Some Guy ()
Date: July 25, 2021 11:53AM

I believe Black Wolf Auto did me dirty.
I called Black Wolf in January of 2021 for my 68' El Camino and got an appointment for my car at the end of March. I towed my car there and spoke with the owner, Maxi, about what I wanted done. I asked that they figure out a rear end problem, get the engine running better, install disk brakes, and redo the interior.

After a couple weeks of waiting and inquiring about my car I received a $900 invoice along with what I feel is an absolute garbage estimate of 28 grand.

Notable issues are the $900 price tag for just the estimate alone, charging nearly $300 to replace a battery, paying to disassemble and then charging a separate fee to reassemble the same part, charging me for installation of an AC belt in a car that doesn't have AC, a GALLON of clear for a small interior when the same amount would be used to paint the entire vehicle, almost $600 to remove a bench seat that's not bolted in because I already took apart the interior myself, charging $35 for a retaining nut that costs $8, over costing almost every part by double, and so much more.

When I called and spoke to the technician who wrote the estimate he agreed that he ordered in excess and tried to get me to reassess the estimate and haggle. So basically I would have to go line by line and call out all his BS for an estimate they are charging me $900 for.

I feel that Black Wolf Auto was trying to take me for everything I had and wrote an fraudulent outrageous estimate in the hopes I didn't know any better and would agree to their insane prices.

Do not go to Black Wolf Auto and do NOT sign their "Rules of the Road" contract that states that they can charge you ANYTHING for an estimate and you'll have to pay for it otherwise they'll put a lien on your car.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.