HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ask Them Why They Supported The Meals Tax
Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: May 20, 2017 12:10AM

Delegates Jennifer Boysko (Herndon), David Bulova (Fairfax), Eileen Filler–Corn (Springfield), Mark Keam (Oakton), Kaye Kory (Falls Church), Paul Krizek (Mount Vernon), Mark Levine (Alexandria), Alfonso Lopez (Arlington), Kenneth Plum (Reston), Mark Sickles (Franconia), Marcus Simon (Falls Church), Rip Sullivan (McLean) and Vivian Watts (Springfield) all endorsed the Meals Tax. As the campaign developed it not only became apparent that the "Meals Tax" was not simply a tax increase. It was actually a regressive FOOD TAX, and many of the arguments used to support it proved to be misleading. This November many of these delegates will be seeking re-election. That means during the summer and fall they will likely be attending community events near you. If you see them:

ASK THEM WHETHER THEY AGREE THE ARGUMENTS USED BY SUPPORTERS OF THE TAX WERE HIGHLY MISLEADING;

ASK THEM IN LIGHT OF THE INFORMATION OPPONENTS WERE ABLE TO PROVIDE TO REBUT SUPPORTERS CLAIMS WHETHER THEY NOW REGRET SUPPORTING THE TAX; and

ASK THEM WHETHER THEY WILL COMMIT TO OPPOSING GRANTING VIRGINIA LOCALITIES THE POWER TO IMPOSE MEALS TAXES WITHOUT REFERENDUMS.

By rejecting the meals tax Fairfax voters told their elected representatives that we demand they use the tax revenue we already provide them wisely before they come back demanding more, and that we expect them to be honest in justifying increased taxes. The upcoming House of Delegates election will be our next chance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ask Them Why They Supported The Meals Tax
Posted by: spam bypass ()
Date: May 20, 2017 10:59AM

to bypass spam

Posted by: Empty wallet ()
Date: May 20, 2017 07:57PM

I think the democrats made it clear, if the meals tax is rejected they will simply raise the real estate taxes. Living within a budget is something alien to them. To think there is no fat/waste to be cut is pure fantasy.

Posted by: Reap what you sow ()
Date: May 20, 2017 11:40PM

Empty wallet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the democrats made it clear, if the meals
> tax is rejected they will simply raise the real
> estate taxes. Living within a budget is something
> alien to them. To think there is no fat/waste to
> be cut is pure fantasy.

Except they didn't raise the real estate tax, and the school system and the people who work their asses off for it are fucked. But thank goodness you don't have to pay 26 extra cents on your extra value meal.

Posted by: UWFW4 ()
Date: May 21, 2017 05:16AM

Reap what you sow Wrote:
> Empty wallet Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think the democrats made it clear, if the
> meals
> > tax is rejected they will simply raise the real
> > estate taxes. Living within a budget is
> something
> > alien to them. To think there is no fat/waste
> to
> > be cut is pure fantasy.
>
>
> Except they didn't raise the real estate tax, and
> the school system and the people who work their
> asses off for it are fucked. But thank goodness
> you don't have to pay 26 extra cents on your extra
> value meal.

I don't recall any promise to not raise the real estate tax if the meal's tax was passed.

Posted by: Day of the Rope ()
Date: May 21, 2017 05:44AM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> Delegates Jennifer Boysko (Herndon), David Bulova
> (Fairfax), Eileen Filler–Corn (Springfield),
> Mark Keam (Oakton), Kaye Kory (Falls Church), Paul
> Krizek (Mount Vernon), Mark Levine (Alexandria),
> Alfonso Lopez (Arlington), Kenneth Plum (Reston),
> Mark Sickles (Franconia), Marcus Simon (Falls
> Church), Rip Sullivan (McLean) and Vivian Watts
> (Springfield) all endorsed the Meals Tax. This November many of
> these delegates will be seeking re-election. That
> means during the summer and fall they will likely
> be attending community events near you. If you
> see them:

All marked for death.

Posted by: Queen Sharon B. ()
Date: May 21, 2017 06:09AM

You are going to pay for my beloved illegals one way or another, so deal with it!

Posted by: dozier ()
Date: May 21, 2017 07:34AM

Reap what you sow Wrote:
> value meal.

the budget gap is $46M, about 1.6% of the $2.8 Billion budget - and there are $35M in 'carryover' reserves. At the budget hearings it's reported that teachers are compensated at, or above, the market average. The "average" teacher compensation is $100,000 for a 10 month work year.

I work for the County and I don't get that kind of compensation.

Your ignorance would be laughable, if it were not so common

Posted by: county employee ()
Date: May 21, 2017 07:51AM

WE get the money WE need one way or the other. At least with the meals tax we could have gotten plenty of money from non-county residents. Now you ignorant fucks will pay it all. You screwed yourselves.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: May 21, 2017 08:19AM

Reap what you sow Wrote:
> Empty wallet Wrote:
> -----
> > I think the democrats made it clear, if the
> meals
> > tax is rejected they will simply raise the real
> > estate taxes. Living within a budget is
> something
> > alien to them. To think there is no fat/waste
> to
> > be cut is pure fantasy.
>
>
> value meal.

Well, you can keep forking over every dime you earn to politicians who can’t manage your money properly and be okay with that, but I’d rather insist on responsible, conscientious efforts to balance a budget.

Posted by: Agreed ()
Date: May 21, 2017 09:09AM

county employee Wrote:
> WE get the money WE need one way or the other. At
> least with the meals tax we could have gotten
> plenty of money from non-county residents. Now you
> ignorant fucks will pay it all. You screwed
> yourselves.

Agreed.

Posted by: Try a Google search ()
Date: May 21, 2017 09:16AM

dozier Wrote:
> Reap what you sow Wrote:
> -----
> > Except they didn't raise the real estate tax,
> and
> > the school system and the people who work their
> > asses off for it are fucked. But thank goodness
> > you don't have to pay 26 extra cents on your
> extra
> > value meal.
>
>
> the budget gap is $46M, about 1.6% of the $2.8
> Billion budget - and there are $35M in 'carryover'
> reserves. At the budget hearings it's reported
> that teachers are compensated at, or above, the
> market average. The "average" teacher
> compensation is $100,000 for a 10 month work
> year.
>
> I work for the County and I don't get that kind of
> compensation.
>
> Your ignorance would be laughable, if it were not
> so common

My ignorance? Go look at the FCPS salary scales. $100, 000? A teacher doesn't make that unless they are in the system for 25 years. As for being paid above market scale, a 15 year FCPS veteran is paid $8, 500 below market scale.

Don't laugh at my ignorance when you can;t even take the time to look up actual numbers.

Posted by: Contrarian ()
Date: May 21, 2017 10:47AM

If you want to make the elected Democrats squirm in Fairfax County, start really inquiring about all the nuances of the County public employee pension benefits and obligations and how this impacts our County budget now and into the future with regards to property tax increases.

We should sunset all of these pensions and let all the County workers save for their own retirement like everyone else does. Payments to these public employee pension funds with taxpayer dollars is unsustainable. Even the large private employers have abandoned pension programs.

Note: The canary in the coal mine on this matter will be California public employee pensions at every government level.

Date: May 21, 2017 10:58AM

Actually, as taxpayers, we will just sunset your pension plan. Problem partially solved! The Meals Tax was almost exclusively supported by County public employee unions so that taxpayers don't start demanding cuts to salaries and ultimately pension plans. So, you are the one that's screwed now! There is no other place to start cutting expect actual County departments/programs.

The County Board of Supervisors already know that they are at their limits to raise property taxes. Otherwise, they wouldn't have promoted the Meals Tax in the first place.

Say bye-bye to that pension plan of yours!

Date: May 21, 2017 11:20AM

The meals tax was rejected because of an alliance between 1. those on the left who saw a regressive tax on food was trying to be passed off as a luxury tax on restaurant meals; 2. those in the middle who realized a tax being sold as providing tax relief for homeowners would not lower real estate tax rates; 3. those on the moderate right upset that the county was asking for a tax increase while making poor financial decisions; 4. those on the far right seeking to tame what they saw as runaway government. Nearly twice as many Fairfax voters voted against the meals tax as voted for Trump. Opposition was bipartisan.

County employees are upset the meals tax rejection put their pay raises at risk. It was poor decisions over several years by County and School System administration that put the County in a position where it had to rely on the meals tax in order to fund those raises. Some voters did vote "no" out of a belief County employees didn't deserve more pay. Most though were telling County officials they needed to put their financial house in order to free up funds before coming to taxpayers for more money. The school system likes to point out they have over 180,000 students to educate. They don't mention there is roughly 1 school system employee for every 8 students they have, and that doesn't count consultants. Meals tax supporters also don't admit that even with the meals tax homeowners would be paying more in real property taxes and services to citizens were being cut.

The "26 extra cents on your extra value meal" is just the kind of comment that helped lose the Meals Tax vote. The typical Fairfax homeowner is already paying the County over $17 a day in real estate taxes which was up by almost 20 cents a day due to increased assessments. The taxpayer is already paying 39 cents in sales tax on that extra value meal. And it adds up. That .26 extra per meal over the course of a year comes to over $50 (assuming he's single and content to eat extra value meals for lunch each work day). People didn't vote "no" because they were ignorant. They voted "no" because they were informed enough to see through arguments such as "26 cents extra" that meals tax supporters tried to use to sell the tax.

Date: May 21, 2017 11:37AM

Contrarian Wrote:
> Actually, as taxpayers, we will just sunset your
> pension plan. Problem partially solved! The Meals
> Tax was almost exclusively supported by County
> public employee unions so that taxpayers don't
> start demanding cuts to salaries and ultimately
> pension plans. So, you are the one that's screwed
> now! There is no other place to start cutting
> expect actual County departments/programs.
>
> The County Board of Supervisors already know that
> they are at their limits to raise property taxes.
> Otherwise, they wouldn't have promoted the Meals
> Tax in the first place.
>
> Say bye-bye to that pension plan of yours!

Well, those of us hired before July 1st 1988 were Grandfathered into our existing VRS retirement plan which is a State run program. Most county employees are on the FCRS plan they may be screwed but I kind of doubt it. I have been drawing retirement for two years but was forced to take a part time county job to keep the kick-ass county health insurance.
Now stfu and get back to work so you can pay your taxes, pay them on time please!

Date: May 21, 2017 12:17PM

"county employee" - Your response is spoken like a typical County Employee for sure. Thank you for validating this for all of us.

Well, it appears you "got yours". Your public employee Union served you well - but not the taxpayers of Fairfax County.

However, the gravy-train is ending for your peers still in County public service after July 1, 1988. The current County budget trajectory is unsustainable. This includes the school district budget too and their union employees.

Bye-bye public employee union pensions!

Date: May 21, 2017 03:51PM

I spent 33 years in public service making roughly 70% of what my private sector counterparts made. A few things helped make up for that. Affordable health and dental insurance, over two months of paid leave per year and the retirement pay I am now receiving.
I am still not at the break even point compared to those with my skill set in the private sector and maybe I never will be but I did it for my community, to help the citizens of the county and improve their lives. All the unselfish effort on my part got just a few Thanks and a little plaque that hangs on the wall in my basement. I am okay with this I sleep good at night knowing I spent all those years helping others.

Posted by: County Retired ()
Date: May 21, 2017 09:16PM

county employee Wrote:
> I spent 33 years in public service making roughly
> 70% of what my private sector counterparts made. A
> few things helped make up for that. Affordable
> health and dental insurance, over two months of
> paid leave per year and the retirement pay I am
> now receiving.
> I am still not at the break even point compared to
> those with my skill set in the private sector and
> maybe I never will be but I did it for my
> community, to help the citizens of the county and
> improve their lives. All the unselfish effort on
> my part got just a few Thanks and a little plaque
> that hangs on the wall in my basement. I am okay
> with this I sleep good at night knowing I spent
> all those years helping others.

Me too! For decades my friends in the private sector laughed at how little I made (salary with no OT) for the amount of responsibility I had, the number of people I supervised, and the hours I worked.

Then 2008 came and many of the six-figure Beltway bandits had to trade in their BMWs and Porsches for a Chevy and started complaining that I would be getting a retirement. Well, Boo Hoo for you. All those years while I was in late night meetings while you were at happy hours and office parties paid off and you're pissed. Too bad!

Posted by: metalhead ()
Date: May 21, 2017 09:22PM

Queen Sharon B. Wrote:
> You are going to pay for my beloved illegals one
> way or another, so deal with it!

Oh yes...

Those non English speaking illiterates will have their free school lunches courtesy of the ffx taxpayers one way or the other!

Posted by: Road Apples ()
Date: May 21, 2017 11:14PM

From those who voted 'For' the meals tax please chime in to show what kind of 'Character' you have:
that you are diligently tracking your meals costs and saving the applicable tax ( the % if indeed the meals tax had passed) and are 'Voluntarily' sending in these funds to the County.

Posted by: congrats cons ()
Date: May 21, 2017 11:25PM

County residents who voted against the meals tax are the dumbest fuckers on the planet

Posted by: Ya Right!! ()
Date: May 21, 2017 11:35PM

>From those who voted 'For' the meals tax please chime in to show what kind of 'Character' you have:
that you are diligently tracking your meals costs and saving the applicable tax ( the % if indeed the meals tax had passed) and are 'Voluntarily' sending in these funds to the County.

Hell No..They Think they Your Money Is Theirs .To Do with..as they Please..26 more cents..Go To Hell..You Asshole..Send Your Check To FCPS..

DAJAX

Posted by: IF patrol ()
Date: May 22, 2017 04:52AM

Contrarian Wrote:
> "county employee" - Your response is spoken like a
> typical County Employee for sure. Thank you for
> validating this for all of us.
>
> Well, it appears you "got yours". Your public
> employee Union served you well - but not the
> taxpayers of Fairfax County.
>
> However, the gravy-train is ending for your peers
> still in County public service after July 1, 1988.
> The current County budget trajectory is
> unsustainable. This includes the school district
> budget too and their union employees.
>
> Bye-bye public employee union pensions!

Empty threat from an ignorant fuck.

Posted by: Non-county money ()
Date: May 22, 2017 09:13AM

Road Apples Wrote:
> From those who voted 'For' the meals tax please
> chime in to show what kind of 'Character' you
> have:
> that you are diligently tracking your meals costs
> and saving the applicable tax ( the % if indeed
> the meals tax had passed) and are 'Voluntarily'
> sending in these funds to the County.

What I am counting in the millions of dollars from non-county residents that would have poured into the county. It was estimated about $25 million in revenue from non-county residents would have come in. So those of you that voted against the tax should be sending in those fees to make up for that lost revenue.

Posted by: Gruntled ()
Date: May 22, 2017 12:24PM

Just out of curiosity, has anyone calculated how much money, if any, would be saved if Fairfax County wasn't a "sanctuary", and didn't have to pay to educate undocumented immigrants? I'd sort of like to know the impact.

Posted by: order ()
Date: May 22, 2017 12:32PM

some 4,000 unaccompanied minors were 'resettled' in Fairfax County over the past 4 years. At a conservative estimate of $14,000 for a 'base' education plus $3,000for ESOL services that's $17,000 per - or $68M per year.

To my knowledge, there has been no payment from the Federal government to assist with this expense.

Fairfax County is not a 'sanctuary' area - County officials have made a lot of politically correct statements but have not gone so far as to declare a 'sanctuary'.

Date: May 22, 2017 01:20PM

@ Non-county money and @ Road Apples-The argument that the Meals Tax would let the County collect taxes from nonresidents was one made by Meals Tax supporters during the campaign, and like every other argument advanced by supporters it was rebutted by the opposition. When a majority of Fairfax County voters voted "no", it absolved all taxpayers, residents and nonresidents, tax supporters and opponents, from the obligation to contribute.

@order-The $14,000 is a fiction. It is simply an aggregation of a number of fixed, variable and semivariable expenses divided by the number of kids. You drop one kid the expenses won't drop by $14,000 and if you add one kid the expenses won't increase by $14,000. The ESOL numbers don't strictly track population, but they are probably closer than that $14,000 figure. We supposedly get some Federal and Virginia money for ESL, so it is possible there would be some offsetting decrease in School System revenues. My WAG is if every unaccompanied minor disappeared, the net savings would be in the $30-40 million range. In a budget of about $2.8 billion that isn't a huge saveings, but it is almost be the anticipated cost of the proposed 2.5% step increase, OR almost the anticipated increased health insurance and retirement costs.

Posted by: order ()
Date: May 22, 2017 02:48PM

$14,000 is hardly a 'fiction' - it is an average of many factors as you note. What alternative marginal cost approach can you suggest? The 4,000 students are the enrollment of two high schools - so my WAG is that the 14k is pretty close. You also don't account for the inevitable special needs services that will be required by this student cohort. The Federal Title III money ($2.5M) and Virginia money ($12.5M) comes from somewhere - some of it from my pocket. ESOL services are provided to 36,000 students at a cost of approximately $100M. It's almost directly scalable.

So, I think the $70M is conservative.

Date: May 22, 2017 06:37PM

OUR problem is that we don't have access to the information needed to make the computation. Fairfax County has 22 high schools, 3 secondary schools, 23 middle schools, and 141 elementary schools. To even begin to make a reasonable estimate you'd need to know how those 4,000 students are spread among the different schools and the different grade levels. The more concentrated they are the higher the cost to educate them. That is where you are looking at adding the most teachers, the most classroom aides, the most bus routes, the most additional lunch personnel and office personnel, renting trailers, etc. If they are more spread out the cost per additional student becomes lower because a certain number can be absorbed by some schools without adding these additional costs.

We are working from different assumptions here, and we'll have to agree to disagree unless we can get more info on where those students are.

Posted by: Griping Bout Chump Change Tax ()
Date: May 22, 2017 08:42PM

If Fairfax County Was a City they would have a meals tax..a hotel tax and other taxes. The money Fairfax Sends to Richmond for me to Enjoy in Fredericksburg is Great!! The Schools here shine..! The roads are WAY better the FXCO..FX..The Pothole County..LOL! They send Mucho Millions ..Way more then this failed meals tax would raise..

And with a Mayor..some one who is in charge..and that Scares the hell out of Democrats!..Why !..A Republican might get elected..and on the New City council Too..

Board Of Supervisors mode of government ..great for counties of 100 K..Not Good..Lousy govt for a County of 1.1 Million..The economic engine of Virginia..That Jack Herrity built!

You Know Who..LOL.....DAJAX The "Unreasonable Trailer Trash" .. Keep Pissing Your Pants bout taxes.. Spinning the Ol Wheels in The Sand..and keeping them heads buried there too..LOL!

Why Bother?? FCPS would squander it all away..!

Name Games : City Of Reason Va..LOL..! Fairfax County City Ya That's Just Fine! Largest in Va..about the 13th largest in the USA! OK.."Diversity Va" Redskins City Va..

Steal One From California...."NATIONAL CITY Va"..Ya That will work..Near the Nations Capitol!

Posted by: paint chip peeling ()
Date: May 22, 2017 08:48PM

congrats cons Wrote:
> County residents who voted against the meals tax
> are the dumbest fuckers on the planet

That is true.

Posted by: FIFY ..LOL ()
Date: May 22, 2017 08:54PM

>County residents who would vote against the City Government Bill With a Elected Mayor are the dumbest fuckers on the planet

I Agree..

"City Of Reason Va"..Bill N Mayor

"National City Va". DAJAX Mayor

"Diversity Va"..Mike O'Meara Show Fan Mayor..

You Know Who!

Posted by: FKNVE ()
Date: May 22, 2017 09:19PM

Filler-Corn: Delegate from Springfield or dog food ingredient?

Posted by: Road Apples ()
Date: May 22, 2017 09:50PM

BillN:

For clarification; do not include me(@RoadApples)in your explanation concerning: out of County meals tax revenue.
My statement specifically does not have any inkling to do with that side issue.
Please retract your incorrect innuendo!

Posted by: dumb fucks ()
Date: May 22, 2017 09:57PM

you could have taxed people from other jurisdictions but you dumb fucks voted to essentially only raise taxes on homeowners in the county. congrats you dumb fucks. go argue about sanctuary cities some more

Posted by: Cuck tears ()
Date: May 22, 2017 10:01PM

dumb fucks Wrote:
> you could have taxed people from other
> jurisdictions but you dumb fucks voted to
> essentially only raise taxes on homeowners in the
> county. congrats you dumb fucks. go argue about
> sanctuary cities some more
Attachments:
1495320637301.jpg

Posted by: Same stupid argument ()
Date: May 22, 2017 10:09PM

dumb fucks Wrote:

And residents still would have paid far more than any of them.

Posted by: City Not County ()
Date: May 22, 2017 11:49PM

That's The Answer..! More Tax Money Saved For Fairfax..Less to Richmond MAGA MEGA..MUCHO..Millions..Ask The City Of Virginia Beach..You Liberal Dopes..HEADS IN THE SAND .." A HIDING" !

DAJAX.. "The Schill".. Hey I Admit It..! LOL

Posted by: It lost, get over it ()
Date: May 23, 2017 12:32AM

City Not County Wrote:
> That's The Answer..! More Tax Money Saved For
> Fairfax..Less to Richmond MAGA
> MEGA..MUCHO..Millions..Ask The City Of Virginia
> Beach..You Liberal Dopes..HEADS IN THE SAND .." A
> HIDING" !
>
> DAJAX.. "The Schill".. Hey I Admit It..! LOL

Not any less to Richmond. You'd still pay all of that. Plus MORE to the county.

Posted by: kounty teacher ()
Date: May 23, 2017 10:14AM

FCPS pays it's plumbers more than 90% of the teachers. And people wonder why our teachers are bitter.

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: May 23, 2017 10:25AM

dumb fucks Wrote:

So you think it is right to tax non-residents to pay for YOUR budget mismanagement?

Posted by: Not As A City Pal ()
Date: May 23, 2017 11:39AM

>Not any less to Richmond. You'd still pay all of that. Plus MORE to the county.

Yes Fairfax Would Pay LESS To Richmond..Why do you think so many counties in Virginia became cities..?? For Shits and Grins..?? As far as More to the County
Goes..Ya.Maybe but that comes anyway in FXCO.. Because of the Overspending Schools .Thats Because of liberals in Charge and that would not change..There would just be more to squander. To begin Name Change games..and other baloney.

It WAS The Meals Tax that Did not Pass ..Not any Referendum to get rid of the outdated BOS and become a City..

Bitch and Moan and when someone's shot and the PD takes 2 yrs covering for one of there own ..Can The Chair of the Board Fire the Police Chief..Hell NO..Mayors can do just that. No Ones In Charge In FXCO..Ed Long..?? Hes a puppet..Gives General Directions as he has to step and fetch for the board.

DAJAX

>So you think it is right to tax non-residents to pay for YOUR budget mismanagement?

Liberals want money..as much as they can squeeze outta every pocket..except those too lazy to work..which they reward them with welfare..for votes..

Leeches Locusts Liberals Got It..

Posted by: MEMDX ()
Date: May 23, 2017 07:21PM

Not As A City Pal Wrote:
> >Not any less to Richmond. You'd still pay all of
> that. Plus MORE to the county.
>
> Yes Fairfax Would Pay LESS To Richmond..Why do you
> think so many counties in Virginia became
> cities..?? For Shits and Grins..?? As far as More
> to the County
> Goes..Ya.Maybe but that comes anyway in FXCO..
> Because of the Overspending Schools .Thats Because
> of liberals in Charge and that would not
> change..There would just be more to squander. To
> begin Name Change games..and other baloney.

Cities don't pay any less to the state.

They do keep what they collect as city taxes and fees in addition to.

Posted by: Yes They Do..Pay Less ()
Date: May 23, 2017 08:51PM

>They do keep what they collect as city taxes and fees in addition to.

And that's mucho millions that FXCO Loses..

Don't Forget about..Whose In Charge..LOL A Mayor..Or A Puppet..LOL

And they don't send as much to Richmond..Cause..They fix their Own Roads..Richmond Fixes Mine in Fredericksburg very well and Shits on FXCO..LOL..!

DAJAX Road Trouble ..Pot Hole Call The Mayors Office ..Raise Hell..Presto Its Fixed in a few days.. Ask Chicagoan's..Bout Old Mayor Richard J Daley..He got um fixed..

In Fairfax..Fuggetaboutit..LOL!

Posted by: dumber than children ()
Date: May 23, 2017 09:19PM

Most of you fuckers can't type a complete sentence but you're gonna fix the FCPS budget and lower taxes and maybe one day get laid

Posted by: 1 up ()
Date: May 24, 2017 12:44AM

congrats cons Wrote:
> County residents who voted against the meals tax
> are the dumbest fuckers on the planet

You are so right they didn't care about kids who have no breakfast or lunch at home and would be much better in school if they got a decent meal or two, its amazing to me how many selfish people out there who dont care about kids and basic starvation. How do you expect these kids to do homework or stay awake in school? Tell me.

Posted by: lunch ladie ()
Date: May 24, 2017 04:32AM

1 up Wrote:
> congrats cons Wrote:
> -----
> > County residents who voted against the meals
> tax
> > are the dumbest fuckers on the planet
>
> You are so right they didn't care about kids who
> have no breakfast or lunch at home and would be
> much better in school if they got a decent meal or
> two, its amazing to me how many selfish people out
> there who dont care about kids and basic
> starvation. How do you expect these kids to do
> homework or stay awake in school? Tell me.

That is how all conservatives think. They only care about themselves. Conservatives enjoy watching children die slowly from poor nutrition, the get a sick little kick out of watching kids die. They especially enjoy watching black or hispanic kids suffer and die. It's just the way conservatives are.

Posted by: DWFYJ ()
Date: May 24, 2017 06:44AM

ad hominem attack. Nice. Liberal logic at its finest.

If we had a meal's tax, would it be used to pay for school lunches? As I recall, it was to be used primarily to increase teacher salaries. That's it. New funding. None would have been used to further fund school programs.

Posted by: Queen Sharon B. ()
Date: May 24, 2017 07:43AM

If the tax rate is 110% of your income, it still won't be enough for me and my fellow socialist politicians. Hey, these schools aren't going to rename themselves for my favorite MS-13 gangbangers!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.