HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Can I...
Posted by: Janz ()
Date: October 24, 2006 11:19PM

Really remove the icky green tax sticker off my windshield now??? I noticed the property tax sticker missing on my co-worker's car windshield. When I pointed it out to him, he just shrugged and said, "Don't need 'em no more". Any replies to calm my nerves thanks!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can I...
Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: October 24, 2006 11:27PM

Yup.

Posted by: Lasuena ()
Date: October 25, 2006 05:59AM

What sticker? I have 2 on my windshield, side by side... Do you have a link for the info?

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 25, 2006 06:07AM

the tax sticker

the county sent you notification in the mail

they use computerized means to track your ass now, coming next, skynet

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: October 25, 2006 08:36AM

As of July 1st 2006 a tax sticker is longer required on FFX county vehicles. It is suppose to save each household about $50, the price of two(average household amount of cars) stickers.

The county now tracks everybody by computer and if you don't pay the proper tax they will suspend your license at the DMV and will put a hold on any transactions such as driver license renewals, plates and decals. FFX county Police can also see this by running your tags on their computers in their cars.

Posted by: Lasuena ()
Date: October 25, 2006 09:39AM

So, like the city sticker? The computerized part also tells them that you are 'allowed' to park on a city street in front of a house, then? I've seen them cruising neighborhoods looking for stickers. They no longer do that, eh?

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 25, 2006 09:44AM

How do you know what "they" are doing exactley when they cruise your neighborhood? You walk over every time they stop and ask what they are doing?

Posted by: Janz ()
Date: October 25, 2006 11:13AM

I just talked to my co-worker a few minutes ago...He was a little more forthcoming and told me that this only applies to people who live in Fairfax County. So, if you happen to live in Fairfax Town (a.k.a. Fairfax City), Prince William County, etc., best bet is to leave that tax sticker right where it is! I hope this helped clear up any confusion. Bye!

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: October 25, 2006 01:08PM

As a county resident I don't need it, but I don't think this has been implemented in all Virginia counties. I leave it on just in case some cop in another county wants to give me trouble for no sticker. Yeah he may still give me problems for an expired sticker, but I keep a printout of the FFX policy in the cars to show them that I really don't need one at all.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: October 25, 2006 02:43PM

Town of Herndon, Fairfax, Vienna, and Clifton residents still need a town sticker. Everyone else can take their sticker off.

read about it from the source:

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dta/
and
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dta/pdf_files/NoMoreDecals.pdf

Posted by: Lester Burnham ()
Date: October 25, 2006 04:34PM

The Fairfax County DTA has a recorded message at (703) 222-8234 which states that after July 1, 2006 county residents will no longer need to display a current year personal property tax sticker and that the green sticker for 2006 may be removed.

Posted by: Lester Burnham ()
Date: October 25, 2006 04:36PM

Lester Burnham Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Fairfax County DTA has a recorded message at
> (703) 222-8234 which states that after July 1,
> 2006 county residents will no longer need to
> display a current year personal property tax
> sticker and that the green sticker for 2006 may be
> removed.

However, you must purchase a $200 single use window scraper only available through an authorized retailer.

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: October 25, 2006 05:02PM

Nah, just go to any inspection station and ask nicely. They got the blades on a stick necessary.

Posted by: Price ()
Date: October 25, 2006 06:52PM

A chisel will do the trick. You guys cary your chisels with you all the time, right? Right??

Posted by: Enough already ()
Date: August 22, 2020 09:57PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.