HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
LAKE BRADDOCK COACHING- DAVE THOMAS' WORK
Posted by: GATEHOUSE MOLE ()
Date: May 04, 2017 11:10PM

Rumor has it that the new FCPS Superintendent will be Dave Thomas! No surprise since he is already running Gatehouse. He was judge, jury and executioner for AD Mike Clark; complainant, head of the witch hunt and sentence giver for Coach Poythress; and the Anointed One who chose the new coach for LBSS Football-- a man who will be bringing his whole staff with him. The best coach for the kids? Or the best coach to further "punish" Coach Poythress for daring to tell the truth by removing all of Coach Poythress' excellent staff and sending the message that NO ONE CROSSES DAVE THOMAS! It's not about the kids, it's about King Dave.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LAKE BRADDOCK COACHING- DAVE THOMAS' WORK
Posted by: Dumbest rumor ever ... ()
Date: May 05, 2017 08:43AM

GATEHOUSE MOLE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rumor has it that the new FCPS Superintendent will
> be Dave Thomas! No surprise since he is already
> running Gatehouse. He was judge, jury and
> executioner for AD Mike Clark; complainant, head
> of the witch hunt and sentence giver for Coach
> Poythress; and the Anointed One who chose the new
> coach for LBSS Football-- a man who will be
> bringing his whole staff with him. The best coach
> for the kids? Or the best coach to further
> "punish" Coach Poythress for daring to tell the
> truth by removing all of Coach Poythress'
> excellent staff and sending the message that NO
> ONE CROSSES DAVE THOMAS! It's not about the kids,
> it's about King Dave.

They would never turn over the reins of a 180, 000+ student district over to someone with no superintendent experience whatsoever. They always choose someone who has managed a smaller district first.

Posted by: Bruin Fan ##1 ()
Date: May 05, 2017 08:52AM

RE:
"They would never turn over the reins of a 180, 000+ student district over to someone with no superintendent experience whatsoever. They always choose someone who has managed a smaller district first."

DUH of the day!

Posted by: LYnm7 ()
Date: May 05, 2017 09:43AM

He ran Wendy's for all those years, and they're doing okay.

Posted by: DaveThomasSucks ()
Date: January 05, 2018 10:17AM

Posted by: keggy ()
Date: January 06, 2018 12:35PM

Mr Thomas is a good principal. The teachers like him because he let's them do their jobs, without much interference.

Posted by: The truth will set you free ()
Date: January 06, 2018 01:48PM

The WUSA 9 piece is quite revealing, especially the timeline that shows Thomas was informed by Mike Clark in December and then Poythress (the mole as Thomas referred to him) witnessed Thomas and Clark discussing the sexual harassment in February and one other time. Even if Clark didn’t tell him in December, another witness (Poythress) says he knew in February — and both Clark and Poythress are gone! Also the guy at Gatehouse— Sills is also gone, he led the “investigation” of Poythress which started after the “mole” email. Poythress’ file on that investigation for opening
a side door for a college recruiter has never been seen. Sills and Thomas are buddies, the new Superintendent who investigated the whole thing within one month of taking over and found no issues, worked with his buddy Thomas at FCPS in the past. The power, arrogance, and corruption stew at FCPS is starting to boil over. Emperor Dave has no clothes!

Posted by: anthonyweiner ()
Date: January 06, 2018 02:15PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...boring

Posted by: time4achange ()
Date: January 06, 2018 02:45PM

After seeing the new report on WUSA channel 9, all I can say is wow!
I cant imagine this will be allowed to go on for much longer

Here is the most likely scenario you will see:

Dave Thomas will be reassigned to Gatehouse and a interim principal will come in for the remainder of the year.

During the summer months, a new principal will be assigned to LB with the direction to clean house. The administrative staff will be quite different for the start of the next school year and will be welcomed by the community.

The football coach will reach a handsome settlement with FCPS and he will retire.

Posted by: FCPS welcomes the review ()
Date: January 06, 2018 08:13PM

Fairfax County Public Schools Statement

"FCPS takes seriously any and all allegations of sexual harassment, bullying or other allegations of inappropriate behavior reported by staff or students. Nearly 20 individuals were interviewed as part of the FCPS investigative process into the allegations raised at Lake Braddock Secondary School. The Lake Braddock coach was removed from FCPS nearly two years ago (early 2016), and has not been employed by FCPS in any capacity since then. We cannot provide further details due to legal confidentiality of personnel and student matters.

Mr. Giannelli was not a licensed-teacher; he was employed as a part-time coach only and resigned his coaching position at Lake Braddock in early 2016 and is no longer employed by FCPS. Mr. Clark retired from FCPS at the end of 2016.

FCPS' primary responsibility is the safety and well-being of all FCPS students. By law, FCPS cannot comment on specific personnel cases (unless the individual employees agree to publicly disclose information contained in their personnel files).

FCPS vigorously pursues and investigates any and all allegations of sexual harassment or other allegations of inappropriate behavior reported by staff or students. If any negligence in reporting such incidents is discovered, appropriate disciplinary actions are undertaken. If any disciplinary steps are taken against employees, the action taken is confidential under Virginia law (unless the individual employees agree to publicly disclose that information).

For those reporting any allegations, FCPS does have a “whistle blower” policy that protects employees from retribution for reporting alleged wrongdoing. There is no evidence of any retaliatory measures taken against any of the employees involved in the Lake Braddock Secondary School investigation.

The Department of Education stressed that the opening of the investigation is not an implication of any wrongdoing by FCPS and FCPS welcomes the review."

Posted by: juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ()
Date: January 06, 2018 08:37PM

These threads seem to be someone's pet project. Does this person really think posting on FFU is going to help their cause

Posted by: Itsdonesostop ()
Date: January 06, 2018 10:56PM

You don’t seriously believe what the media says, right? Coach P cannot say “faggot” and “retard” and still work at Lake Braddock. Yes, he acted like that for many years but times are changing and better is expected. He was caught up and sent away because of the intense investigation that took place in sports with the girls basketball mess.

Coach G was creepy and gross so when the girls complained, when the GIRL complained, and the DSA did nothing, she should have gone to Dave with her parents. She did not! She could have and should have. She didn’t. The end.

Mole? The man, one of them, behind the federal investigation request is mad because in his efforts to get the DSA and Dave fired, Coach P lost his coaching position. Ooops! Not good because Coach P covered for his son resulting in the saving of said son’s scholarship to play at Maryland. Coach P went down for mess unrelated to the basketball coach’s ways. Nice try, people. Not Dave’s fault!

Posted by: What? ()
Date: January 06, 2018 11:08PM

Dave, you’re not doing yourself any favors.

Posted by: Idiot ()
Date: January 06, 2018 11:40PM

Can someone please take Dave Thomas’ internet access away?

Posted by: NotDave ()
Date: January 07, 2018 12:59AM

Don’t know why you think Dave is on here. You talking too me? I know all about it but I’m not Dave. The media doesn’t have all the facts straight nor the timeline correct. All was handled right. Fault the girls for not speaking up sooner or going up the chain if they weren’t happy. They didn’t tell their parents? That’s wrong right there. The DSA didn’t believe them. The coach told them to be quiet. Coach P got caught up in the investigation and got himself removed from coaching. It’s done. It was handled right. Hello civil suit from Dave for harassment and slander/libel.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: January 07, 2018 03:39AM

Whether Dave Thomas did anything wrong or is the villain in this affair he needs to be removed from LBSS because he has lost his ability to lead the school. Send him to Gate House where all of the other worthless, ineffective, incompetent and out-of-touch teachers and administrators live out their final worthless days with FCPS.

Posted by: LongliveLBSS ()
Date: January 07, 2018 08:38AM

Best administrator ever. Try working for him and then post here, stupid.

Posted by: fun2watch ()
Date: January 07, 2018 11:29AM

The principal may be a nice guy and all that, he may be a good administrator, but in this case, he failed. He should have taken full responsibility for this failure and not thrown the former DSA and former football coach under the bus.

A good leader would have accepted the responsibility for the lack of untimely action in this matter and taken corrective action to ensure this never happens again.

I believe that this and a few other incidents at LBSS in the past year bring questions about his ability to lead the school.

Posted by: BoredPerson03 ()
Date: January 07, 2018 11:38AM

This post is just plain retarded. Who cares who is principal, superintendent, coach whatever. Jesus Christ, you must have no life if you have to take to this forum to bitch and complain about shit nobody at all cares about. Get a hobby.Let it go. You aren't in HS anymore. Just let it go.

Posted by: Girlie ()
Date: January 07, 2018 12:05PM

Poster stop with the lies. Coach P never covered up the drinking. Hell at the game that Friday the WS fans chant D..U...I...Also he never cussed any kids. Why take shots and spread rumors. CLEARLY...the writer is a woman who never played football.

Posted by: FootballPlayer73 ()
Date: January 07, 2018 12:14PM

Clearly OP doesn't understand that nobody gives a fuck about any of this. Seriously, get over it. Go to school. Learn stuff. Play a sport. Graduate. And get on with your life. Nobody cares about this shit after school is over.

Posted by: a few questions ()
Date: January 07, 2018 05:03PM

Has anyone noticed that the only 2 people who could corroborate the story when the principal was made aware of this issue were fired? Who made this recommendation ?

If the DSA reported this to the principal like he says he did, then why was he fired?

Now I get that the football coach called someone a name and while that's not "PC" Its not grounds for firing either. I am certain there were no other incidents with the football coach, as this principal runs a tight ship as reported by all of his supporters and wouldn't have tolerated this.

In addition, I am not sure how a football coach would be able to cover up a drinking incident that's was reported by the FCPD, to allow a player to play. That could only come from the school principal or the people at gatehouse.

To many holes in this story to not investigate further as DOE will do

Posted by: A few answers ()
Date: January 07, 2018 06:49PM

1. Gatehouse (HR) after their investigation.

2. The DSA did not report it to his principal. Peggy Fox should give viewers the date that email was sent. My guess it was after the investigation, moments before his signing of the retirement papers. (A friendly firing).

3. The clock was up on the football coach. He got snarled into the crosshairs of the investigation due to communication with Park. Once gatehouse saw his ways, most likely in the form of monitoring email, he was exposed to the big guns. As a HR professional, we do this regularly.

4. The football coach most likely knew about the drunk driving incident within hours of it happening. It's my inderstanding the 5 players- including Park's kid "paid" at practice. Had he brought it to the attention of the administration (vs. handling it himself) this wouldn't be an issue. Admin hearing about it feom students...doesn't usually bode well for the coach.

You and I agree DOE will investigate and hopefully the findings wil be public for is to see. What we can't do is believe the one sided biased reporting presented to us by channel 9. It doesn't take a genius to see the holes in that reporting.

Posted by: a few questions ()
Date: January 07, 2018 07:20PM

So what your saying is that Gatehouse did their investigation and found merit in what the former DSA was saying and decided he needed to retire?

I do believe that the former football coach was snarled up in the crosshairs of this investigation and knew to much, so they decided he needed to go too.

How did the former football coach know within hours of the drunk driving incident, did FCPD call him? I do believe that the administration told him, that's why they paid the price at practice.

This can go back and forth forever, but the bottom line is, the principal does have responsibility in this as much as the others. He too needs to go.

Posted by: I TINK SO.........MAAAAAN! ()
Date: January 09, 2018 09:12AM

Posted by: Fairness ()
Date: January 09, 2018 02:56PM

Black man went on leave for an accident why is Principal still there? Put his ass out also

Posted by: Got Paid ()
Date: January 11, 2018 07:57PM

Jim Poythress—-super star LBSS coach—took down Brabrand, Ramey and SB today and got a huge settlement. He took their money and their dignity!
Go JP!!

Posted by: formerplayer ()
Date: January 11, 2018 08:08PM

Coach P....you da man!!!!

Posted by: Can This Be Over ()
Date: February 02, 2018 02:58PM

Today’s Dave’s last day at LBSS. Can we all move on now?

Posted by: Federales ()
Date: February 02, 2018 03:20PM

Posted by: Karma Is A Bitch ()
Date: February 02, 2018 08:00PM

Dear Lake Braddock Secondary School Community,

After serving 25 years in FCPS at Lake Braddock Secondary School, with ten of those years serving as the principal, I have decided to retire.

I have spent much of my life connected to Lake Braddock and would not trade the years as a student, teacher, and administrator for anything.

I have been so fortunate to work with wonderful, dedicated colleagues who have inspired me with their passion for educating and mentoring the thousands of students that have come through Lake Braddock during my tenure. I will miss the amazing energy and professionalism that you bring to this school every day.

Finally, it is the impact of the outstanding students at Lake Braddock that I will remember most. Students, you are the heart and soul of why we do what we do every day and I will truly miss you and your families.

Thank you all for an amazing experience and I know that Lake Braddock will continue to set the bar for excellence in FCPS, Virginia and beyond.

Sincerely,

David F. Thomas
Principal
Lake Braddock Secondary School

---------------------

Dear Lake Braddock Secondary School (LBSS) Community:

As Dave Thomas shared this afternoon, he is retiring from LBSS after serving the school system for 25 years. We want to thank him for his dedicated service to LBSS and Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS).

Please know that the Region 4 Office is committed to keeping a strong administrative team in place to ensure academic success for all of our students. Effective Monday, Dr. John Banbury will be joining the team as interim principal and will remain in this capacity in the coming months.

Dr. Banbury became the executive principal for the Region 1 office in April 2017, after serving as the principal of Oakton High School for thirteen years. In 1993, Banbury began his career in education as a social studies teacher at West Potomac High School. After serving as an assistant principal at W.T. Woodson High School and Frost Middle School, he became the principal of Oakton High School in 2004. Committed to preparing all students for postsecondary success in a rapidly changing world, Dr. Banbury established a culture of innovation through the work of professional learning communities and fostered progressive practices including student exhibitions, presentations of learning, and project-based learning. His work has led the division in establishing best practices for the FCPS Portrait of a Graduate.

Dr. Banbury earned his master’s degree in social studies education in 1993 and his doctorate in curriculum and instruction in 1998, both from The George Washington University (GWU). He teaches courses in education leadership and teacher preparation as an adjunct professor at GWU and George Mason University. He has served in advisory roles for GWU, the Virginia Department of Education, and the Virginia House Committee on Education.

Please join me in welcoming Dr. Banbury to Lake Braddock. My office will work closely with Dr. Banbury and the community to ensure a successful second half of the school year and continued excellence at LBSS.

Sincerely,

Angela Atwater
Assistant Superintendent, Region 4
Fairfax County Public Schools

Posted by: concerned parents ()
Date: February 02, 2018 08:49PM

In the end, Dave Thomas suffered the same fate that he dealt to Mike Clark and Coach Poythress. I believe had he communicated better with Clark and Poythress, none of this would have ever seen the light of day. Karma really does have a way of coming back around, right Dave.

I am sure that the other administrators are now walking on egg shells, wondering if they will meet the same fate.
I would think that a clean sweep of all administrators at LBSS at the end of the school year, would be the appropriate form of action. This would allow the school to start the new school year with new administrators and a clean slate.

Dave Thomas had to go, FCPS finally got one right!

Posted by: Sucks 2 B U ()
Date: February 02, 2018 09:49PM

Posted by: Gqrbage traalsj ()
Date: February 02, 2018 11:13PM

Garbage humans. U know who ur.fo!

Posted by: Gatehouse mole ()
Date: February 03, 2018 12:18AM

Sills of Gatehouse HR: Gone
Thomas of LBSS: Gone
PS they were collusion buddies
New investigation into sexual harassment

With all that it’s a wonder how the EEOC can rule in favor of FCPS
With a 2.6 billion dollar budget more needs to be done

Congrats to Wash Post reporter Jacob Boggage and WUSA Peggy Fox for speaking truth to power!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.