HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
SPEED
Posted by: C ()
Date: October 21, 2006 12:02AM

I got a ticket for going 60 in a 25. What should I do?

XX

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SPEED
Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: October 21, 2006 12:15AM

If the ticket was issued simply for speeding, pay it BEFORE your court date and move on.

If it was written as wreckless driving, you WILL need to hire a lawyer prior to your court date and hope a plea agreement can be reached prior to your case being heard.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 21, 2006 12:17AM

>I got a ticket for going 60 in a 25. What should I do?

Go brag about it in a bar and pick up some women. 60+, you're a fuckin rebel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2006 12:18AM by TheMeeper.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 21, 2006 12:36AM

C,
   what you should have done is used the search function to find similar threads... but here you go.   :)

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?2,16212,16327
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?2,14747,14747
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?2,13321,13321
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?2,8747,8747

oh... and prepare for a barrage of old guys that yell at kids to get off their grass to start yelling at you for speeding. it seems a good deal of them got their hands on a computer and love to harass people about shit like this.

everyone else,
   i had previously created an entry on the site "Wiki" (see link at top of page) called Traffic Ticket Help so that people could edit and contribute it without having to register. i personally was going to add stuff but i cant get the Table of Contents tag to work as i dont think it supports it.

Cary,
   the wiki engine you added seems rather half-assed as (listed above,) you cant make a TOC for an article and when you click the "Editing help" link, it gives you the classic wiki 404. i would like to contribute but if im going to do it, i want to do it right. update the wiki engine switch to a new one or just say, "whatever" and go about your way. Thanks.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2006 12:37AM by Gravis.

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: October 21, 2006 04:43AM

Gravis Wrote:
> Cary,
>    the wiki engine you added seems rather half-assed as (listed above,) you cant make
> a TOC for an article and when you click the "Editing help" link, it gives you the classic wiki
> 404. i would like to contribute but if im going to do it, i want to do it right. update the wiki
> engine switch to a new one or just say, "whatever" and go about your way. Thanks.

Gravis,

The Wiki engine is "mediawiki," the same project developed for and used by Wikipedia. A table of contents is automatically generated when more than 3 subject headers are added. See http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_FAQ#How_do_I_add_a_table_of_contents.3F

I also added a link to the Help:Editing page which redirects to the same page on Wikipedia.

Any additions to the wiki are always appreciated. Thanks!

- Cary

Posted by: Lasuena ()
Date: October 21, 2006 08:30PM

> I got a ticket for going 60 in a 25. What should I do?

Slow down, that’s what. There are lots of kids and pets running around here and they are not free game just because they happen to be crossing the street. If you are late, leave earlier.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: October 21, 2006 09:09PM

60? You must really drive a piece of shit!

When I was a clueless young asshole like you, I could get my '51 Ford (flathead V-8) up to at least 80 in a 25. Then my mommy loaned me the jack for an Offenhauser intake manifold and some Webers...and I got that bitch up over a hundred in a 25!! Never got caught though....so no advice, sorry.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: October 21, 2006 10:34PM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>[question bout wiki]

a lot of templates and crap have to be created since those don't come along with the engine. any tags you want can be copied and pasted from wikipedia. just search for template:template name and paste it in.

Posted by: Shit ()
Date: October 23, 2006 10:03AM

Yusa bitch. nigga i stola furrari i wasgoin 145 ina 55 u nigga ass bitch ill cap yo white ass

Posted by: BR ()
Date: October 23, 2006 11:51AM

Where were you doing 60 in a 25? Just curious.

Date: October 23, 2006 12:53PM

Shit Wrote:
> Yusa bitch. nigga i stola furrari i wasgoin 145
> ina 55 u nigga ass bitch ill cap yo white ass

it's too bad you didnt steal a dictionary too.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: October 23, 2006 01:19PM

Spell check never gets the props it deserves.

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: October 23, 2006 11:41PM

shit dude...if your gonna do 60 in a 25 atleast be sure to know whats ahead and behind you so you dont get caught....speeding on curves or hills is stupid....Cause you just pop right up infront of the cop .....If you cant see ahead of you slow down.

Get a lawyer.

Posted by: Micki ()
Date: November 07, 2006 04:16PM

Depending on which judge you get in Fairfax, you may be looking at some jail time if you don't get a good lawyer and enrollment in a traffic school. I hope you weren't near a school....

Posted by: 355 ()
Date: November 07, 2006 09:46PM

"Yusa bitch. nigga i stola furrari i wasgoin 145
> ina 55 u nigga ass bitch ill cap yo white ass"

simma

Posted by: Drunkniggas ()
Date: November 10, 2006 10:43AM

Usa bith to nigga. I shold go ova ther an kic ur ugly black ass.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: November 10, 2006 10:46AM

This HAS to be a wreckless driving ticket. Typically anything 20 miles or more over the speed limit gets you wreckless driving. Going 60 in what I assume is a residential neighborhood would have to get you wreckless driving.

Posted by: Kevin ()
Date: November 25, 2006 10:48PM

Be thankful it's not 40 over. Only do that on the two lane roads that rarely have cops.

Posted by: Advice ()
Date: November 27, 2006 10:13PM

You need to do 3 things before your court date.

1. Contact the post office and advies them to hold all your mail for 30 days.

2. Make sure you pack your tooth brush and binki when you go to court.

3. Include a large tube of K-Y Jelly in your personal belongings when you report for trial. Because the fucking your going to get in court will be nothing like the fucking your going to get in jail.

Posted by: DanG ()
Date: November 28, 2006 07:11PM

You guys are stupid. All you need to do, before you prepay or go to court for any speeding ticket, is voluntarily take a driving improvement class to get +6 points before VA kicks you in the ass for between 3-6 points. If you go to court, the judge almost always asks the cop what your driving record is like. Those +6 points won't only look good, but it'll off-set the pwnage you are about to get. If you don't go to court, it will of course off-set the points you get again.

You can only take this class once every year. Over -10 points on your VA license and you have no more license. So play it smart.

Date: November 28, 2006 07:13PM

its once every 2 years.

Posted by: DanG ()
Date: November 28, 2006 07:17PM

Are you joking? FUCK. I got a ticket the other day driving back to tech. Looks like I should be glad I have alicense for the next couple months, or hire a fucking lawyer. It was only 73/60 on I-66 -- so much BS. Half the cars go that fast on the highway.

Date: November 28, 2006 08:15PM

Posted by: brian703 ()
Date: November 28, 2006 08:20PM

For 13 over the officer should've offered to change to "failure to obey highway sign". That's what they did when I got pulled over for doing 62 in a 55. On the beltway. Not THAT was bullshit.

Date: November 28, 2006 08:40PM

brian703 Wrote:
> For 13 over the officer should've offered to
> change to "failure to obey highway sign". That's
> what they did when I got pulled over for doing 62
> in a 55. On the beltway. Not THAT was bullshit.

they have quotas to meet.

Date: November 28, 2006 08:55PM

I don't think it was a quota. In retrospect, however, I should've asked him to write it up as 7 over and taken it to court. That would've been interesting, probably the first time in a long time the judge had seen that.

Posted by: Adam ()
Date: November 29, 2006 09:55AM

I broke the land-speed record in a 25, 800MPH!! Suckas!

BTW I got reckless and never hired a lawyer, I pleded gulity, and got a 170.00 fine. I think maybe a point or two. Whatever. You can go to a DMV Driving Improvement class to drop a couple of points.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: November 29, 2006 10:12AM

brian703 Wrote:
> For 13 over the officer should've offered to
> change to "failure to obey highway sign". That's
> what they did when I got pulled over for doing 62
> in a 55. On the beltway. Not THAT was bullshit.

If you got pulled over for 62 in 55 then there was another reason you got pulled other than speed. The cop suspected something else, was it late at night 2am?

Do you have Deadhead stickers plastered all over your car? Hot girlfriend in the passenger seat topless?

Date: November 29, 2006 10:35AM

No, it was about 9:30 am on a weekday and I was going to work.

It was a motorcycle cop. It happend so long ago I don't recall the exact details, but I think he might have been pissed that I passed him. Or maybe he really did have a quota to fill. Who knows.

Posted by: park1 ()
Date: November 29, 2006 04:32PM

Brian703 wrote...

"For 13 over the officer should've offered to change to "failure to obey highway sign". That's what they did when I got pulled over for doing 62 in a 55. On the beltway. Not THAT was bullshit"

Speeding 13 over....yeah I feel the officer SHOULD'VE changed the ticket to a lesser charge (sarcasm).
Maybe he SHOULD'VE beat the living shit out of you

Posted by: ... ()
Date: November 29, 2006 05:05PM

You know, if officers started beating the shit out of people for speeding it really wouldn't improve their image much...

Posted by: Lasuena ()
Date: November 30, 2006 05:59AM

>You know, if officers started beating the shit out of people for speeding it really wouldn't improve their image much...

True, not much can improve the image of people around here.

Posted by: Fact is ()
Date: May 14, 2020 06:24PM

C Wrote:
> I got a ticket for going 60 in a 25. What should I
> do?
>
> XX

prayer might help

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.